PDA

View Full Version : Gameboy Advance

Tall-Guy
22nd May 2003, 12:56 PM
Few days ago I bought gameboy advance. I have to say this is the best buy I had for few years now.
I'm from Israel and im serving in the army, im not home alot, and I used to play really hard on the PC.
the gameboy was the perfect soulution.
Because we have only GAmeboy advance here, I got GBA and not GBA SP.
The first game I got is POkemon ruby and Zelda ( Really enjoying playing them ).

But few problem are disturbing me, and I hope maybe you can help me ...

1) Battaries - I dont have much money to spend on battries, Can you suggest about a good ' Charger ' for gameboy advance ? Maybe even check the name in amazon ( from amazon im ordering stuff ).
When I say ' Charger ' I mean ' Handle ' that connect to the GBA instead of a Battries. you can charge it everytime you want by pluging it into the elctrcity and it recharge the whole pack.
My english is bad, I hope I made it clear.

2) LIGHTING ! - the light is aweful, I wish I chould get SP.
I have this ' Worm lighting ' by nyco and its pretty suck.
Any lighting system that is ' Regular used ' by the GBA gamers ?
Again, I prefer some lighting addon that can charge up and no need for battries.

3) Any other cool accessories I should get ? Magnifer maybe ? I need a good Case too.

I would love to be linked to amazon.

Thanks guys.

PopCoRn
23rd May 2003, 07:46 AM
1) Battaries - I dont have much money to spend on battries, Can you suggest about a good ' Charger ' for gameboy advance ? Maybe even check the name in amazon ( from amazon im ordering stuff ).
When I say ' Charger ' I mean ' Handle ' that connect to the GBA instead of a Battries. you can charge it everytime you want by pluging it into the elctrcity and it recharge the whole pack.
My english is bad, I hope I made it clear.

2) LIGHTING ! - the light is aweful, I wish I chould get SP.
I have this ' Worm lighting ' by nyco and its pretty suck.
Any lighting system that is ' Regular used ' by the GBA gamers ?
Again, I prefer some lighting addon that can charge up and no need for battries.

3) Any other cool accessories I should get ? Magnifer maybe ? I need a good Case too.
Have you looked into one of those "Starter Packs" that give you a Light (its the kind w/ the Magnifier and attaches to to top of the gameboy) a charger (battery pack) and the deal that charges that dealy (battery pack) they usally cost around 15 dollars from pelican

Razola
23rd May 2003, 10:29 AM
Afterburner is a light that is installed into your GBA, and is the best lighting solution short of getting the SP.

It's cheap now (to compete with SP), costing around 20-25 US dollars. It does require opening your GBA to put it together, but you can always ship it and have it professionally done for a bit more money.

I forget who, but one company has made a solar battey back for the GBA. As long as you are in the sun, you're batteries will charge up.

Tall-Guy
23rd May 2003, 08:36 PM
I know that afterburner can harm your gameboy if you installing it wrong. Plus its removes warranty.

I know that when it comes to games everybody using Geforce or Radeon for example.
Isnt any ' most used by havey gamers ' lighting system ?
Something that 90% of the gamers buy because its good ?

MetalScyther
25th May 2003, 01:57 PM
Afterburner.

Your GBA warranty is probably already voided and/or will end soon.

Razola
29th May 2003, 10:01 PM
Plugging any non-official device into your GBA voids the warranty. And if you are squeamish about doing it yourself, then you can ship it and have the procedure professionally done.

To answer your question After-burner IS the thing most gamers buy because it's good. Besides getting an SP anyway.

Tall-Guy
30th May 2003, 05:50 AM
Which afterburner is the best for the GBA and where can i Get it ?
( how much $$ ? )

Razola
30th May 2003, 08:53 AM
You're best off going to their site at http://www.tritonlabs.com/

Right now it's $25 US dollars.