PDA

View Full Version : The ice cave was skipt!!

E-Leigh-T
22nd May 2003, 04:04 PM
It didn't air today in australia, and we have always shown every ep in order. So it seems clear now that they must off not dubbed this episode.

DigiPokeMon
22nd May 2003, 04:35 PM
I think now that the Ice Cave episode is a lost episode for sure, since it did not air on YTV(Canada), Kids WB! (US) and Network Ten/Cheez TV (Australia).

Ice Cave is the first lost episode since series 1. I would like to know why 4Kids Entertainment skipped the Ice Cave doing the dubbing of series 5. 4Kids should have just cut of bad stuff out instead.

Hanada Tattsu
22nd May 2003, 05:10 PM
Oh great. :(

This sucks, this was a hilarious episode, but 4Kids is too neurotic to show Brock almost getting kissed by a Jynx. Oh well, I guess it is the fourth banned episode.

Anti-R*cketship
23rd May 2003, 08:36 AM
Yes, we have three lost episodes once again.

Hanada Tattsu
23rd May 2003, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Anti-R*cketship
Yes, we have three lost episodes once again.

Yeah, Beauty and the Beach was aired, even though it was butchered to pieces, but I guess you can say that we have three lost episodes once again.

Pidgeot018
23rd May 2003, 09:21 AM
lame adj. lam·er, lam·est
1. Disabled so that movement, especially walking, is difficult or impossible: Lame from the accident, he walked with a cane. A lame wing kept the bird from flying.
2. Marked by pain or rigidness: a lame back.
3. Weak and ineffectual; unsatisfactory: a lame attempt to apologize; lame excuses for not arriving on time.
4. Banning episodes for no good reason. Censors are lame

Hanada Tattsu
24th May 2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Pidgeot018
lame adj. lam·er, lam·est
1. Disabled so that movement, especially walking, is difficult or impossible: Lame from the accident, he walked with a cane. A lame wing kept the bird from flying.
2. Marked by pain or rigidness: a lame back.
3. Weak and ineffectual; unsatisfactory: a lame attempt to apologize; lame excuses for not arriving on time.
4. Banning episodes for no good reason. Censors are lame

LOL, it's funny, but it's so true. Or should I say lame? ;) J/K

I think CN should air the banned episodes.

Hitori
24th May 2003, 09:03 PM
Now (almost) kissing is considered bad? :rolleyes:

Hanada Tattsu
24th May 2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Hitori
Now (almost) kissing is considered bad? :rolleyes:

Yeah, LOL, even other sitcoms have kissing in them, I mean Jynx doesn't even kiss Brock! Imagine that!

ILikePokemonP
25th May 2003, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu

Yeah, LOL, even other sitcoms have kissing in them, I mean Jynx doesn't even kiss Brock! Imagine that! Ash was nearly kissed by one in Holiday Hi-Jynx so what's the difference :rolleyes:

Hanada Tattsu
25th May 2003, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by ILikePokemon;P
Ash was nearly kissed by one in Holiday Hi-Jynx so what's the difference :rolleyes:

LOL, Jynx is funny, it kisses everything.

I think the difference is that that episode is also not being shown. We'll see if CN airs it. *crosses fingers*

absolutotodile
26th May 2003, 02:18 AM
Imagine if they thought from the very beginning to make it a slightly more mature program! I mean isn't that what it is in Japan? It would probably get a better audience...how many people here are 15 or older and enjoy watching Pokémon (:wave: ). Now make the episodes targetted towards us 15(+) year olds and you can as good as double that number. There probably would even be a Pokémon T-shirt here in Australia that fits me :D. I think we* could do a better job at dubbing it than 4Kids does. I say "4Kids look around!!! Kids watch shows a lot worse than Pokémon could ever be"

*=all of us fans of the Pokémon anime.

Hanada Tattsu
26th May 2003, 10:30 AM
I know, what Abz is saying is so true, I mean the show should start to target teens, not the kiddies. 4Kids thinks that the only people who tune in are the little kiddies, well, that's not true.

Entropy
26th May 2003, 11:03 AM
You have the right. 4Kids need to lose their grasp on the concept that 'little kids' still watch the anime. Those 'little kids' are probably teens now and what a realistically-translated anime. No puns, no alliteration, no music change, no nothing!! Let 4Kids become 4Teens!

Hanada Tattsu
26th May 2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Entropy
You have the right. 4Kids need to lose their grasp on the concept that 'little kids' still watch the anime. Those 'little kids' are probably teens now and what a realistically-translated anime. No puns, no alliteration, no music change, no nothing!! Let 4Kids become 4Teens!

LOL, I know.

The generation has changed. The real, original fans like you and me are like you said, teens. They have to look around.

Lopoke
26th May 2003, 06:16 PM
Why didn't they just cut that scene? It is short and could have been cut without harming the rest of the episode (not like in Beauty and the Beach).

:confused: Why 4Kids, after more than 200 episodes from the last ban for such a stupid reason, are you censoring again... ?!?
:mad:

:no: No way!

pokefreak04
26th May 2003, 09:46 PM
Yeah, I like Pokemon better than my kid brother, who is 11. He says he grew out of it. I'll never grow out of Pokemon, and I'm 17! Little kids dont watch the anime anymore! I think there are more teens 15 and older that watch the anime than little kids!

Bacl
26th May 2003, 10:29 PM
I don't get it. What's wrong with kissing? I'm sure we've seen someone kiss in some episode prior to this. Haven't we? I mean for Pete's sake! It ain't gonna give the kids seizures!

:rolleyes:

It's not like kids shows don't have kissing. Watch Seseme Street or any of those other PBS puppet shows. They're all hugging and kissing. I thought human contact was supposed to be good for kids. What are we trying to engineer a society where we choose the wire-mommy over the furry one?

Heck, have you ever seen five minutes of Teletubbies? That's meant for like one year olds, and those things don't do anything but run around hugging and kissing eachother and rabbits. And from what I hear that Tinky-Winky does a few other things off camera (okay. that was a cheap shot at a childrens program. I apologise in advance.).

Nikku-San
27th May 2003, 12:38 AM
*shrug* Maybe they are cutting some fillers so they can wrap up Johto by the end of season 5.

Entropy
27th May 2003, 02:41 PM
Assuming 4Kids went by that logic, it's too bad they didn't go with the countless Johto fillers that they aired. Those episodes are mostly dribble and have no relevance to the continuance of the series whatsoever...and yet they ban this episode because of a baseless worry...

Animelee
27th May 2003, 03:01 PM
To me, this episode wasn't a filler, because the Ice Cave was in GSC. And since the show is based on the games, it was an important episode.

Damn 4Kids. It'd be awesome if more than one company could license Pokemon, then I would do it, and release bi-lingual (English and Japanese) DVD's for us fans. And, the English episodes would be re-dubbed, and the original BGM's would be left in, and the names, etc...

I can dream, can't I?:D

Entropy
27th May 2003, 03:05 PM
That would be nice, considering the promises you make. If you think you're up to the task, why don't you write or email Nintendo about it. If it all meant more profits, they may look your way.

Hanada Tattsu
27th May 2003, 07:22 PM
The funny thing is that Brock never got kissed in this episode, Jynx tried to kiss him, but there was never any contact. 4Kids is stupid, but likewise funny.

E-Leigh-T
28th May 2003, 07:18 AM
I hope 4kids doesn't see any more upcoming episodes as evil episodes that must never been seen by the english speaking public, because i can think of a few more episodes that they might do the chop and cut out. I hope they don't and can only pray that they don't see them in the way that they saw the ice cave episode.

Osiris
28th May 2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by E-Leigh-T
I hope 4kids doesn't see any more upcoming episodes as evil episodes that must never been seen by the english speaking public, because i can think of a few more episodes that they might do the chop and cut out. I hope they don't and can only pray that they don't see them in the way that they saw the ice cave episode.

I Think that the episode in which Arbok and Weezing leave is going to be skip because of the gun of the Hunter........Stupid 4Kid$!!!

pokefreak04
28th May 2003, 09:51 PM
They shouldnt ban that episode of AG because............

SPOILERS!!!

The poacher is the only one with a gun, and he only points it at them, doesnt fire, just points it!

END SPOILERS

Hanada Tattsu
29th May 2003, 05:55 PM
Yeah, but Jynx never kissed Brock, but that episode was banned. 4Kids doesn't care; even if the poacher has a gun, and never fires it, they will ban the episode.

But how? Arbok and Weezing leave, how will they handle that?

Bacl
29th May 2003, 06:54 PM
Yeah, but Jynx never kissed Brock, but that episode was banned. 4Kids doesn't care; even if the poacher has a gun, and never fires it, they will ban the episode.

But how? Arbok and Weezing leave, how will they handle that?

Ugh! I've always hated the prospect of having to watch Arbok and Wheezing leave, but I don't much like the prospect of missing the episode in which they do.

Imagine that! One episode Team Rocket has them, and then in the next...THEY DON'T. It'll be like "Arbok? What's an Arbok?" ::shudder::

ToddTPM
29th May 2003, 07:17 PM
The Ice Cave episode was not banned because of Jynx trying to kiss Brock, it was banned because Jynx was a main character in the episode. 4Kids, Cartoon Network, and KidsWB have apparently banned all episodes that contain Jynx in it as a main character. When the Road to Indigo was shown on KidsWB last year, "Holiday Hi-Jynx" was skipped while "Snow Way Out" was shown. Cartoon Network did the same exact thing. You would think the Christmas episode would have been aired on Cartoon Network (it would have aired in order of them playing the episodes in December), but they didn't. I have been taping episodes of Pokemon from both Cartoon Network and KidsWB ever since they started airing on both networks (taping episodes multiple times) and to my knowledge, I cannot recall KidsWB showing "Holiday Hi-Jynx" for at least a year and half or maybe even longer. The episode was in fact released on VHS and DVD, however, in my opinion has been banned from television because one person complained and everyone else has to suffer. Therefore, in my upmost opinion,

Holiday Hi-Jynx: Semi-Banned
Ice Cave: Banned

and of course,

Beauty and the Beach: Semi-Banned
The Legend of Dratini: Banned
Electric Soldier Porygon: Banned

Bacl
29th May 2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by ToddTPM
The Ice Cave episode was not banned because of Jynx trying to kiss Brock, it was banned because Jynx was a main character in the episode. 4Kids, Cartoon Network, and KidsWB have apparently banned all episodes that contain Jynx in it as a main character. When the Road to Indigo was shown on KidsWB last year, "Holiday Hi-Jynx" was skipped while "Snow Way Out" was shown. Cartoon Network did the same exact thing. You would think the Christmas episode would have been aired on Cartoon Network (it would have aired in order of them playing the episodes in December), but they didn't. I have been taping episodes of Pokemon from both Cartoon Network and KidsWB ever since they started airing on both networks (taping episodes multiple times) and to my knowledge, I cannot recall KidsWB showing "Holiday Hi-Jynx" for at least a year and half or maybe even longer. The episode was in fact released on VHS and DVD, however, in my opinion has been banned from television because one person complained and everyone else has to suffer. Therefore, in my upmost opinion,

Holiday Hi-Jynx: Semi-Banned
Ice Cave: Banned

and of course,

Why would they ban an episode just because Jynx is in it? It doesn't make sense.

ToddTPM
29th May 2003, 08:09 PM
There has been a controversy for the past few years about someone complaining that Jynx is a stereotypical representation of an African American women, big breasted, big lips, black faced, etc. Nintendo of America even recolored her face in the games to not offend people. This is stupid, just like the Alakazam fiasco a few years back...

Bacl
29th May 2003, 09:04 PM
There has been a controversy for the past few years about someone complaining that Jynx is a stereotypical representation of an African American women, big breasted, big lips, black faced, etc. Nintendo of America even recolored her face in the games to not offend people. This is stupid, just like the Alakazam fiasco a few years back...

What was the Alakazam fiasco?

Well, I hate to say it, but I can kinda see this one in a loose sense. Here's how: I've always objected to ALL human-shape Pokemon (Machamp, Mr. Mime, Jynx, etc) not because they resemble a human race but simply because they resemble a human. I mean, besides it's green skin, a Machoke is basically a buff human. The anime would have you believe that Pokemon talk to eachother in complete sentences the way humans do, and that they can understand us we just can't understand them. So what is a Machoke then but a human with different skin color whose languedge you don't speak? And that you keep locked up in a Pokeball. And that you order to do things...often heavy labor (it's always the Machoke lifting boxes and moving boulders).

I'm fascinated Nintendo or 4Kids recognised the unsettling aspect of human shape Pokemon. What confuses me is why there are several new human shape ones in R/S.

I mean honestly. A sumo-Pokemon? Puh-lease.

Simple solution to Jynx (one I've advocated for several pokemon) is give it a touch up. It's really supposed to be a kind of fish/mermaid thing. Emphasise the fish more, give it a more animal look. Make it barely humanoid while still keeping a bit if the Jynx look and feel. And loose the girl only thing. :rolleyes:

Well, it still stinks the episode is banned.

Last Exile
29th May 2003, 09:44 PM
So let me get this straight:

It's okay for Smoochum to kiss everything in sight, but it's not okay for Jynx to kiss everything in sight?!

Geez, if you wanna ban episodes where Jynx puckers up and that it offends people, why were there no complaints for the episodes with Smoochum?

Weird, it is. :rolleyes:

ILikePokemonP
30th May 2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Bacl

What was the Alakazam fiasco?I have an article about it from a few years ago. I'll type the first few lines...

Pokemon's bent, says Uri

Psychic spoon-bender Uri Geller is suing Nintendo for hundreds of millions of dollars. He claims the Japanese game maker turned him into an "evil, occult Pokemon character" by naming a monster in the blockbuster cartoon series after him.

Ashi-chan
30th May 2003, 12:25 PM
Wow...these Jynx and Alakazam controversies are stupid. J/ plain stupid.

Everoy
30th May 2003, 04:53 PM

Did you not forget that Electric Soldier Porygon was banned for good reason? 700+ Japanese children suffered from seizures...

P.S.-

Tentacool and Tentacruel: Banned from WB

It was banned prior to Sept. 11 because of buildings resembling the Twin Towers being knocked down, but about a year later CN showed it. Oh, and I'm going to e-mail WB about the Jynx thing...

EDIT:
Attack Of The Prehistoric Pokemon: Dubbed
4Kids edited out a scene where Meowth uses a lighter, HOWEVER, you see the lighter a few seconds later.

EDIT2:
Talk 'bout pathetic. In the episode Pallet Party Panic, in the Japnese version TR said "Bombs away!" when translated but 4Kids changed it to "Blaster balls away!" Oh, please.

Hanada Tattsu
30th May 2003, 06:42 PM
I remember the Alakazam thing, LOL, does anyone remember what ever happened to that case?

Pidgeot018
30th May 2003, 07:11 PM
It was Kadabra that caused the problem because its Japanes name, Ungellar, or something, is a parody of "famous" psychic/con man Uri Geller.

Edit: Oops, already answered, but I think as a result Kadabra hasn't been seen in the show for a while has it?

This topic is depresing.

Misty
30th May 2003, 10:34 PM
It's really kind of hard to consider any episode banned from the WB, because they keep showing those MQ eps...

ToddTPM
31st May 2003, 08:01 AM
Yes, but during the Road to Indigo on KidsWB last year, both Tentacool and Tentracruel, Beauty and the Beach, and Holiday Hi-Jynx were skipped. Beauty and the Beach hasn't aired on American tvs for almost three years now. It aired only twice, the premiere on June 24, 2000 and then reshown in August of 2000, unsure of the day.

Hanada Tattsu
31st May 2003, 06:30 PM
No, when Cartoon Network re-ran the Indigo episodes, both Sabrina episodes were shown, and Kadabra was there in all its glories. I think 4Kids is more scared of racism than being sued by psychics.

Lopoke
31st May 2003, 07:03 PM
Well, WHO are the real racists? We or 4Kids?

I don't know about you, but I've been watching Pokémon for 3 years and never even thought Jynx was a stereotype of a black woman, etc etc.. till they told me it was.

It resembles a black woman, so? What's the problem with that? It's 4Kids that see that as a ricist stereotype, so 4Kids are the racists.
Censoring a black guy, that is racism: open-minded people would not have done that.

Pidgeot018
31st May 2003, 07:29 PM
Well, Jynx are blonde and live in snowy areas, so they resemble Northern Europeans more than any other people.

Everoy
31st May 2003, 08:35 PM
The Japanese are racist towards Africans/African Amricans. Jynx is meant to resemble an adult African woman. Japanese always draw them with a black face and big pink lips.

My dad told me this...

Animelee
1st June 2003, 01:47 AM
Your dad is so wrong...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Animelee
1st June 2003, 01:49 AM
Another example of hundreds.

Animelee
1st June 2003, 01:52 AM
My last example.

I'm just trying to say that in the past, they may have given black people big lips, but that's because there weren't really a lot of black people there. Not with hip-hop culture and strong ties with western and eastern cultures, we're all getting to know eachother, so to speak. I mean, look at how many anime fans live in North America now? And look at how many Hollywood fans are now in Japan? Remember Ganjuro?

I mean, before, they would always give a white person blue eyes and blonde hair, and now, they give them whatever. Now people are more in-tune with other cultures.

Lopoke
1st June 2003, 02:37 AM
The images posted by Otaku Shigeru prove thet this whole stereotype thing is not true.
Jynx is just.... Jynx! As someone said, black peolple can't genetically have blonde hair.

I repet it: never thought nothing special about Jynx, until I heard this thing. This is plain censorship... how about freedom in media?

ToddTPM
1st June 2003, 09:48 AM
Hanada Tattsu is correct, any episode with Kadabra/Alakazam is not banned from any network. However, Cartoon Network has not shown the episode "Tower of Terror", most likely due to its title correlation to 9/11. This doesn't make sense, however, cause the title could just be changed like "A Scare in the Air" was changed to "Spirits in the Sky". What's even odder is that KidsWB did show "Tower of Terror" during the Road to Indigo saga. One would think that KidsWB has more censorship than Cartoon Network...

Hanada Tattsu
1st June 2003, 10:01 AM
I guess now any episode having to do with a tower is banned from Kids WB and Cartoon Network. Anyone living in England or Canada or even Australia, when your networks re-run the episodes, do they ban the ones we are talking about?

Animelee
1st June 2003, 02:02 PM
Nope. Infact, our episodes still have "Snap" (not in the ones where he comes back in Johto, but the old Indigo ones), we still have 'Tentacool and Tentacruel', 'Tower of Terror', and everything else. Y'know last Christmas, they aired 'Holiday Hi-Jynx' on YTV?

I guess our standards are different, because on the news, they leave nudity and words like the f-word. When they show movies at 8 PM, they have a lot of nudity and such. I just wish that in that area, Canada would be as strict as the States, because I don't really like that stuff.

But for Pokemon, I'm glad YTV left the episodes alone. :)

ILikePokemonP
1st June 2003, 10:00 PM
It's pretty normal here, Tentacool and Tentacruel have been shown whenever season 1 is played, and all the other ones are aired and unedited. Although Beauty and the Beach hasn't been shown here yet.

Hanada Tattsu
2nd June 2003, 06:37 PM
So then only America has experienced the banning of episodes like Tenatacool and Tentacruel and Holiday Hi-Jynx and such other episodes.

Gnight
14th June 2003, 01:07 AM
this is got to be the most depressing topic i've ever seen regarding pokemon:( i've herd that jynx was racail but i never know what they ment untill i read this topic and i have to admit its pretty stupid. im sure i speak for everyone on this board when i say that the only episode that was banned for good reason was the "shoulder of porygon" or whatever its called, and the other banned episodes were offen banned for verry asinine reasons:mad:. and when i herd thet tenacool and tentnacruel was banned or no longer shown because the building was knocked down resembled the WTC twin towers i though "Good good!!! O_____O thats got to be the STUPIDEST reason to bann a epsoded just be cause the buildings looked like the twin towers. 4Kids must be on crack!!" i have taped the first 30 to 40 epsodes of pokemon and after hearing they banned "the ledgend of dratini" because teamrocket had guns and they showed nastina in "tentnacool and tentnacruel" pulling out a assult rifle and shooting it, i should reveiw that episode. like most people, im very up set about 4Kids banning everything and all i have left to say is "What's next?"

Snakes N' Legends
14th June 2003, 02:03 AM
In reponse to the whole gun issue, didn't Jessie and James hold guns or weapons in Here Comes the Squirtle Squad? Yet that wasn't banned. Fast foward to a future episode. The K-9 Caper is another good example. In the beginning of the episode, the robber/police officer has a gun. Ash realizes this before he sends Pikachu into mortal danger. In Beauty and the Beach, Team Rocket fires a Heat Seaking Missle at Ash. So what is the difference between firing bullets and firing a missle?

So 4Kids might have a reason with The Legend of Dratini, but they still don't have a reason with Electric Soldier Porygon. Hello 4Kids ... instead of flashing lights, couldn't you have cheesy Hollywood explosions??? (I bet I have said this three or four times by now.)

And what is with 4Kids and 9/11? Some of the scenes Tentacool and Tentacruel remind them of 9/11? Idiots. I can understand that one of Disturbed music video looks like 9/11 but this is a cartoon show. That goes for The Tower of Terror, A Scare in the Air, and The Tower Inferno. They are just titles. The episodes are different.

The Tower of Terror: Deals with ghosts, not the Twin Towers.

A Scare in the Air: Deals with ghost-sheeted Jigglypuff, not hi-jackers trying to slam planes into buildings.

The Tower Inferno: Defense machenism by the Ghosts to protect the Burned Tower, not The Twin Towers collapsing.

So if they do ban the episode where Jessie and James release Arbok and Weezing (which I say is a very stupid thing) then 4Kids just aren't getting. I mean they have allowed other violent weapons to get into several episodes. It's Mimey Times includes a tank. (Not the Arbo-tank which was weird.) Jessie and James fire Bazookas at the Giant Dragonite. Nastina has a bazooka which she fires at the Giant Tentacruel.

Get a reality check, 4Kids. If you let things slip through your cracks, and ban episodes that have guns, then there is something wrong with your system.

Gnight
14th June 2003, 04:01 AM
they banned the tower of terror and the tower inferno just because it had "tower" in it?????!!!!!!!1:o:o:o:o:o:o 4Kids is even more ****ed up than i thought:rolleyes:

ShockingAlberto
14th June 2003, 06:13 AM
Just for clarification: I always heard the Tentacool & Tentacruel episodes were banned because of the nearly-naked women (I was shocked to even see it on Cartoon Network). I don't recall hearing whether or not it was because of WTC hyper-sensitivity. Can anyone confirm either way on this?

I find it funny that Kids WB did not ban the episode centering around that girl's black magic. Pokemon faced a PR flogging because of "witchcraft"-related stupidity back in the day. If that subsided, one can assume the Jynx deal has subsided, too.

On a side note, I hear that it's quite possible that the episode where TR gives up Weezing and Arbok will not be aired, but it will be dubbed for DVD/video release. It apparently breaks a lot of 4Kids rules like Pokemon attacking humans directly, guns, abusage of Pokemon, and breaking in to things. No, I'm not kidding. 4Kids apparently has a tenet know where Meowth or anyone else can not DIRECTLY pick a lock. They can insinuate it was done, but it can't be shown. Which is funny, because James did it in the Spinarak episode.

My source for all this? Let's just say I have some friends at Animefringe.

-- ShockingAlberto

Gravy
14th June 2003, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by ShockingAlberto
Just for clarification: I always heard the Tentacool & Tentacruel episodes were banned because of the nearly-naked women (I was shocked to even see it on Cartoon Network). I don't recall hearing whether or not it was because of WTC hyper-sensitivity. Can anyone confirm either way on this?
lol, I think thse were just guys with long hair ^_^0 Typical anime pretty-boy thing....although, you could be confusing it with 'Beauty and the Beach'.

Oh, and about the cutting out of gun scenes. You know that episode 'The Poke-spokesman'?...well, they cut about 40 seconds of footage from that, featuring TR firing missles at that wooden shack that those gangster-like con-artists were hiding in. I have no idea why, but then thayts usually the case with 4kids these days.
I expect the Arbok and Weezing episode to get banned now, even if it is pretty important in terms of plot. I kinda doubt it being dubbed and released via video or DVD, as they could have easily done that with ;The legend of Dratini', but chose not to.

Gnight
14th June 2003, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by Gravy
lol, I think thse were just guys with long hair ^_^0 Typical anime pretty-boy thing....although, you could be confusing it with 'Beauty and the Beach'.

Oh, and about the cutting out of gun scenes. You know that episode 'The Poke-spokesman'?...well, they cut about 40 seconds of footage from that, featuring TR firing missles at that wooden shack that those gangster-like con-artists were hiding in. I have no idea why, but then thayts usually the case with 4kids these days.
I expect the Arbok and Weezing episode to get banned now, even if it is pretty important in terms of plot. I kinda doubt it being dubbed and released via video or DVD, as they could have easily done that with ;The legend of Dratini', but chose not to.

arbok and weezing episode?? what are u talkin about??

Hanada Tattsu
14th June 2003, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Gnight
arbok and weezing episode?? what are u talkin about??

It's a future episode that has yet to be aired.

Go to the Spoilers forum and the Spoiler and Rumor Tower if you want more info on it, okay?

Gnight
14th June 2003, 06:38 PM
It's a future episode that has yet to be aired.

Go to the Spoilers forum and the Spoiler and Rumor Tower if you want more info on it, okay?

u've already seen it??

Misty
14th June 2003, 06:50 PM
u've already seen it??

The Ice Cave wasn't skipped in other places, and besides, people have seen the eps from the 6th season... you can download rips of all the eps shown in Japan...

Hanada Tattsu
14th June 2003, 11:36 PM
u've already seen it??

Yeah, I've seen all the AG episodes until AG Episode #15. I live in America, but from sources I've recieved the episodes not aired here yet.

The episode about Arbok and Weezing is sad, I cried at the end of it. :(

Charidron
22nd June 2003, 05:31 AM
About the almost kissing episode: If thats so bad let us all se what hapends to Brock. It cant be 3 episodes without him falling in love. So WHY is kissing so bad?

And Jynx: I have always looked at it as a resembeling of a viking.

The Arbok Weezingthing: people who don't know that they will leave will be confused when they don't use then anymore.

Hanada Tattsu
22nd June 2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Charidron
About the almost kissing episode: If thats so bad let us all se what hapends to Brock. It cant be 3 episodes without him falling in love. So WHY is kissing so bad?

And Jynx: I have always looked at it as a resembeling of a viking.

The Arbok Weezingthing: people who don't know that they will leave will be confused when they don't use then anymore.

Yes, and since James catches a Cacnea in the episode, people will be confused about that as well. That's not all, this is an important episode, as important as a gym battle, even.

Charidron
23rd June 2003, 02:12 AM
4Kids have to grow up and realise that it's not basicly for kids. Whold the creator of the Pokemon anime realy have guns in a show for kids?

Hanada Tattsu
23rd June 2003, 10:16 AM
I don't care about whether Kids WB airs it or not, I just care about why they're only doing it to Japanese anme.

In other shows like Batman and Static Shock, guns are used like Pokeballs are used in Pokemon. Why doesn't Kids WB not air episodes with guns in those shows?

Gnight
23rd June 2003, 10:19 AM
I don't care about whether Kids WB airs it or not, I just care about why they're only doing it to Japanese anme.

In other shows like Batman and Static Shock, guns are used like Pokeballs are used in Pokemon. Why doesn't Kids WB not air episodes with guns in those shows?

OMG they do use guns on other kids WB shows:o y did they bann the whole episode when they used guns???? THAT'S SOOO F**KED UP!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Hanada Tattsu
23rd June 2003, 10:44 AM
Yes, and the other shows are 100 times more violent than Pokemon, which is much more about achieving goals then fighting the "bad guys".

Pokefreak
23rd June 2003, 11:00 AM
I think I'm gonna send this to 4Kids...about 5 times...

Hey, where do you get the japanese episodes of AG? Also, are they subbed, or must I figure out what's going on myself?

Hanada Tattsu
23rd June 2003, 11:13 AM
I get some online and some on video from Japan, and they're not subbed, so you have to figure it out yourself.

Gnight
23rd June 2003, 12:51 PM
4Kids IS screwed up in their heads!!!:mad:
im sorry, that had to be said. anyway, Hanada Tattsu, u must live in japan:confused:

EDIT: I know you wanted to emphasize yelling, but please don't type in caps and large font. Also, no cussing, please.

HanadaTattsu

Hanada Tattsu
23rd June 2003, 02:06 PM
Actually, I live in Los Angeles, California. :P

Also, I know you're angry about 4Kids, we all are, but please don't type in caps and large font. Please...