PDA

View Full Version : Fill in the empty spots for Ash and Co. teams

have a stammer
22nd May 2003, 10:17 PM
This Thread is for gussing what new pokemon might join the team's of Ash, Brock, May, and James. Post your EDUCATED guess on who will join who. Mark the one you think has the best chance of joining.

my guess's:

Ash

*aron
spoink
shuppet
trapinch

this was the hardest, in my opinon Ash may not get a fire type leaving 2 spots open. even though these are my choices i don't really think there that good, it just doesn't seem to be many in AG Ash would catch.

May

*spheal
swablu

of course these 2 are cute, right up may's alley and spheal can walk on land.

Brock

clampearl
*spinda

when i thought of doing this thread these 2 just popped in my head for brock, not sure why they just seem to fit him. of course clampearl would later evolve into huntail

James

gulpin
*mawile
zangoose

i know everyone thinks james should get zangoose so it can fight with seviper or he should get gulpin as a replacment for weezing.
however i HOPE he gets mawile to me it looks pervect for Team Rocket. goofy yet supposed to be scary, i can just see mawile getting zapped and blasted off by the little rat.... in every single episode...

those are my picks, poor as they are..

Anyway just make some gusses

note: please refrain from putting Ash or anyone else getting a Metagross, or a Salamence or getting Rayquaza or saying that Charizard should come back. Be realistic it ain't gonna happen.

PikachuRocks
23rd May 2003, 06:55 AM
Ash:
*Flygon
*Torkoal
Mightyena
Ninjask
*Kecleon

May:
Aron
Spheal
*Azurill
Minun

Brock:
Aggron
Feebas
*Electrike

James:
*Zangoose
Plusle

pokemon man
23rd May 2003, 07:00 AM
Ash
Slakoth
Nincada*
numel*
kecleon*
this is a good team

May
zigzagoon*
skitty*
swablu*
spheal
electrike

brock
trapinch*
aron*
barboach*
solrock*
anorith

james
gulpin*
carvanha
sableye*

BenRG
23rd May 2003, 10:21 AM
Okay, why not? I'm not an expert on the Ruby/Sapphire Pokémon, but I have a few suggestions.

Ash Ketchum Slugma, evolving into Magcargo ~ Although Slugma isn't one of the true Ru/Sa Pokémon, it does appear in those games without trading, making it a candidate for capture this series. Slugma has a lot of comic possibilites (corrosive, slow, affectionate) and, in its' evolved form, would be a formidable combatant.
Nincada, evolving into Ninjask ~ The only land bug-type whose secondary type doesn't somehow disqualify it. Nincada would probably make for a good utility fighting Pokémon. Why would Ash get one? Well, he usually catches a bug-type or two in every new game region.
Bagon, evolving into Salamence ~ Ash needs a pure dragon-type. Besides, can you see Salamence and Charizard teaming up for the League games? Would make the season worth watching, IMHO. :D
Brock Slate Anorith, evolving into Armaldo~ Although Brock no longer has a rock-type bias, I think that Armaldo would make a fine addition to his team, raising him to a level of power that reminds me of Tracey's promotion after he captured Scyther.
May Seedot, evolving into Shiftry ~ Seedot is cute enough to attract May. However, the evolution into the part-dark-type Shiftry would raise the possibility of as strong a Trainer/Pokémon conflict as Ash's problems with Charizard in the first two seasons.
Azurill, evolving into Azumarril ~ Azurill is another super-cute Pokémon that May just couldn't live without. As Tracey has a Marril (and the Law of Major Character Teams states that no major character may have the same species as another), I would expect it to quick-track to Azumarril very quickly after reaching the happiness quotient to turn to its' adult form.
Plusle and Minun ~ This pair are just meant to be May's two-on-two team. I would expect that she would catch them seperately, only to find how formidable the polarity brothers are when working together. 8)
Tropius ~ If May were to catch a Tropius, it would be in the same manner as how Ash got his Lapras. Tropius would then become May's way of Flying over obstacles. It would only appear in her team when she needed serious levels of extra firepower.
Makuhita ~ May's father, Norman, is a fighting-type gym leader. May will likely feel obliged to have a pure fighting-type on her team, and I think Makuhita would fit the bill nicely.
Jessie
I think that Arbok will return towards the end of the Houen Journey (expect at least one Rocket-centric 'return of' episode).

James
Weezing will probably return in the same episode as Jessie's Arbok. Altaria ~ Recent images from the new end titles of Advance Generation show Meowth sleeping in an Altaria's cloud. While it seems bizarre that James should catch an evolved dragon-type, it is unlikely that they will give Jessie another Pokémon while James soldiers on with just Cacenea.
Misty Waterflower ~ Yes, I'm convinced that Misty will return, probably at the beginning of the second Houen season. Wingull, evolving to Pelippa ~ The start of Misty 'widening out' in the same way they have shown happen to Brock in the first season.
Surskit ~ A water/bug-type. Come on, I don't need to say anything. You know Misty will end up with one of these. :D
Sharpedo ~ If only to keep her sisters' Gyarados under control. Besides, she's got to use that Speed Ball that Kurt gave her for something, hasn't she?
Spheal, evolving into Walrein ~ This will be Misty's powerhouse for this region.
Luvdisc ~ Misty will probably catch it by accident. It will then become the catalyst for any romantic episodes that catch the producers' fancy.
Pokémon who won't appear in the teams Loudred ~ The Houen Jigglypuff. He will just follow TR around and maybe help out once in a while.
Jigglypuff I can't see how Jigglypuff could appear in Advance Generation

Gravy
23rd May 2003, 11:58 AM
Ash

Slakoth
I was thinking of Ash using Kurts fast ball to capture it. Pretty ironic, eh?
As Slakoth, it will never listen to Ash in battle, and often fall to sleep, getting Ash pretty frustrated. Then, if it does finally evolve in to Vigoroth, Ash will become happy for the evolution, but because of the pokemons sudden change in nature, it will become the new 'Charizard-relationship'.

Bagon
Seeing as their are so few fire types, and its ability to learn fire type attacks, Bagon would be perfect for the part. Although it looks tough, it would have a very timid attitude, and not like to battle, meaning Ash would need to pay extra attention to it. (aka. Pika won't be as overused as much)

Haruka

Swablu
Every one needs a flying type in their team, and not many AG pokemon come as cute as this blue boid. Possibly eventually evolving into Altaria, or staying as Swablu to be an alternate balloon popper.

Spoink
I see this as being the sort of pokemon that Haruka can warm to. Whats cuter than an ickle pig, with a springy tail?
She'll easily be swayed by its movements, the way it springs up and down repeatedly.

Feebas - Milotic
Just feeling in an ironic kinda mood, I'll give Haruka a Feebas ^_^
I can really picture Haruka catching one of these, possibly by accident. At first she'll hate it, due to it's, erm, not-so handsome features. But, eventually, she'll grow to love it, helping Feebas to evolve into Milotic, which would essentially become the new Onix of AG. Haruka is also interested in pokemon contests from what I hear, so this pokemon would prove a worthy entrant.

Brock

Spheal-Walrein
Seeing as Brock usually has the 'powerhouses' of the group, and seeing as he now trains water types, I think Walrein would become Brocks strongest new pokemon. It though it would be pushed into the background by the much cuter Mudkip, it would usually become the rarely used water type, for tight spots.

Jessie
Geez, she has enough for TR already ^_^0...but if I had to choose, I'd go with Mawille. Both Jessie and Mawille can be 'cute' at times, but they both have a violent temper.

James

Lodicolo
Yes, I know Brock already has a Lotad, and it goes against all the rules of teams in pokemon. But I can really picture James with Lodicolo. They are both very random, energetic, have very comical actions and carefree attitude. Although James is often kinda quiet, he can just as often be full of energy, just like the lily-pad-wearing-duck.

Shedinja
lol, kinda the new Victreebel in a way, everytime it comes out of its pokeball, it steals his soul...until Jessie or Meowth convince it to give the soul back:rolleyes

RJdude
23rd May 2003, 12:05 PM
Ash
- *Spoink > Grumpig - I think it really suits him.
- Charizard - He'll return for the Hoenn League, and some important battles in between.
- Trapinch > Vibrava - I doubt it'll evolve all the way, but who knows.
- Bagon > Shelgon > Salamence - Like BenRG said, this and Charizard in the Hoenn League would be awesome... imagine Ash using them in a two-on-two battle(againist Lance and Steven, maybe?)

May
- *Spheal > Seaeo - She needs a water type, and since the two other Water-and-land dwelling Pokemon from R/S are already taken, this would work.
- * Skitty > Delcatty - She'll use it in Cute Contests.
- Swablu - It suits her.
- Minum/Plusle - It'd be great to see Mat with these two.

Brock
- *Lairon - Brock would be great with this.
- Tropius - I don't know, it just suits him...
- Anorith > Armaldo - Why not?

James
- * Zangoose - With Jessie's Seviper, it seems certain James will get a Zangoose
- Gulpin > Swalot - Why not?
- Roselia - It suits him.

Jessie
-She has enough...

Rei_Zero
23rd May 2003, 06:49 PM
I don't prefer salamence mainly because I think Larvitar will come back.....

Bacl
23rd May 2003, 07:02 PM
Well...if Ash has an empty spot on his team maybe he'll realize that Muk are found in Hoen and that he'd not get into any trouble taking his out of the lab and putting it on his team.

Awwww...you can't blame a guy for hoping! :D

FalcovsLeon20
24th May 2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Bacl
Well...if Ash has an empty spot on his team maybe he'll realize that Muk are found in Hoen and that he'd not get into any trouble taking his out of the lab and putting it on his team.

Awwww...you can't blame a guy for hoping! :D

That's absolutely right Bacl. I'm not one bit pleased with this have a stammer guy.:mad: Ash would definately make a good Metagross trainer you arse! Hell am I the only one who thinks Metang looks a lot like Ash? (Maybe it's those spikes on its side but it looks a lot like Ash to me) Here's my guesses for teams.

Ash

Metang*
Numel/Muk

I'm with Bacl on his idea that Ash should withdraw Muk and take it with him. The thing's like a gooey tank for crying out loud! Of course I'm also one of those people who's up for Ash getting Numel. It suits him pretty well. And I already explained the Metang thing.

May

Swablu
Skitty*
Ralts>Kirlia*

Okay everyone who thinks May should have Swablu is pretty much thinking the same thing I am. Skitty also goes good with her. And Kirlia would do nicely for her.

Brock

Meditite*
Aron

Okay Need I explain this? Meditite looks like the kind of Pokemon a big guy like Brock would get ahold of. And he's needs another Rock type too. With Mudkip and Lotad he's got enough Water types already.

James

Mawile*
Zangoose*

Mawile would be the replacement for Victreebel. Imagine that thing constantly biting his head. (I know of guy who still thinks the running gag w/ Victreebel is funny.) And I can't think of anything else that would go good with James so I'll just go the route everyone else is taking and say Zangoose. (I would say Roselia but I've already got plans for Roselia in fanfic form. Not sure if I'll ever write them though.)

There you have it.

JazzJazz
24th May 2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by BenRG
May's father, Norman, is a fighting-type gym leader. May will likely feel obliged to have a pure fighting-type on her team, and I think Makuhita would fit the bill nicely.

I think he trains normal-type pokemon...

Hanada Tattsu
24th May 2003, 09:33 PM
Ash

Pikachu ~ Need I say more?

Swellow ~ Ash's flier for the season. It will be used to find stuff and pop TR's balloons, but also to battle.

Grovyle ~ Ash's powerhouse for the season. His most used Pokemon.

Crawdaunts ~ It will be the new Charizard, not listening to its trainer and stuff.

Flygon ~ Why not? Ash will use this quite a lot, kinda like the new Bulbasaur or Squirtle of Hoenn, except a lot stronger.

Donphan ~ I think Ash will get Phanpy back for Hoenn. I am positive it will be used a lot.

I'll do the others later.

Jaffa
25th May 2003, 06:35 AM
You remember when we had at least 18 english names revealed.... Treeko, Torchic, Blaziken, Mudkip, Beautifly, Taillow, Skitty, Cacnea, Seviper, Corphish, Wynaut, Kecleon, Azurill, Wailmer, Latias, Latios, Kyorge, Groudon...

Did you notice that
- Wynaut, Azurill, Wailmer and Kecleon have been seen in movie shorts
- Latias and Latios have been seen in movies
- Wynaut, Keckleon and Blaziken were shown before AG in the Anime
- Groudon and Kyorge were on the box covers...

- Treeko, Torchic, Mudkip, Beautifly, Taillow, Cacnea, Serviper and Crphish have all been placed on Ash, May and Brocks AG teams...

Yet what about skitty...?

I think may is gonna get a Skitty because of this theory....

Hanada Tattsu
25th May 2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by J_MadNintendoFan
You remember when we had at least 18 english names revealed.... Treeko, Torchic, Blaziken, Mudkip, Beautifly, Taillow, Skitty, Cacnea, Seviper, Corphish, Wynaut, Kecleon, Azurill, Wailmer, Latias, Latios, Kyorge, Groudon...

Did you notice that

- Treeko, Torchic, Mudkip, Beautifly, Taillow, Cacnea, Serviper and Crphish have all been placed on Ash, May and Brocks AG teams...

Wow! That's freaky, but it sounds cool!

May

Combusken~ Since May has the cute factor now, I believe that her Torchic will evolve once into Combusken because it's kinda cute and strong. This will be the new powerhouse for May, she'll use it a lot.

Beautifly ~ The new Corsola of this season. May will use it in battle quite a lot, but not as much as Combusken. I think it will be left in late Hoenn.

Delcatty ~ May's strongest Pokemon. She'll use it like Combusken, except a little less.

Azumarill ~ Since May wanted to catch once so bad, I think she should at least catch one and evolve it.

Swablu ~ I think both May and James should get one, but May's Swablu should stay the same. It'll be the new Horsea of this season, she'll just never use it.

Rei_Zero
25th May 2003, 10:59 AM
Swablu doesnt fit Jessie's descroption, IMO.

RJdude
25th May 2003, 01:43 PM

Did you notice that

That's not all, but I just got the lastest issue of Nintendo Powe, and in the new logo for PokeCeneter, they have the three starters, Beauifly, Seviper, Wynaut, Corpish, Cacnea, and Skitty. The only two that the AG main characters don't have are Wynaut and Skitty, and Wynaut can represent Wobuffet, which leaves Skitty.

pokemon man
25th May 2003, 05:45 PM
zigzagoon
plelipper

[attachment deleted by admin]

FalcovsLeon20
25th May 2003, 07:05 PM
Wrong. That pic is just promotional I think. I know it's definately not showing all of the characters' Pokemon.

Ash is missing Corphish in that pic. May is missing Beautifly and Brock is missing Lotad as well. Next time, don't jump to conclusions.:mad:

Hanada Tattsu
25th May 2003, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the pic, but like Falcovs said, it's promotional.

Even though I have to say Brock with a Pelipper and Masato with an Oddish is cool, I can't see anybody with Zigzagoon.

Bacl
25th May 2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
Even though I have to say Brock with a Pelipper and Masato with an Oddish is cool, I can't see anybody with Zigzagoon.

I think that if they did that a riot might break out from Rattata lovers. After all, Rattata never even had a fluff episode around it, let alone being a Pokemon on a main characters team. ;)

Although I agree about Pelipper. If they are going to force Brock to be a water trainer they can at least give him all the water/combo Pokemon so he has some variety.

Hey, with all this talk of filling in the empty spots, does anyone think that they'll give Ash or someone else in the team a shiny?

Hanada Tattsu
26th May 2003, 11:04 AM
Hey, they might give him a shiny! But he didn't respect his Noctowl enough.

Brock

Forretress~ I have a feeling that he will leave very soon. Since Brock is training water types, he has been neglecting his Forretress, so it will leave soon.

Ludicolo~ The new Onix of this season. He will probably use it a lot, but not as much as some of his other Pokemon.

Marshtomp~Marshtomp is gonna be Brock's powerhouse. He'll use it a lot, and it will be like Vulpix.

Miltotic~Feebas would be a great project for Brock, sicne he has an interest in Pokeblocks, it would be great! Then, it would evolve into this. The new Crobat of the season. His most powerful, but he would hardly use it.

Sealeo~ He'll catch a Sealeo, not a Speheal, and hardly use it. I think it'll be the new Geodude, it'll never be used. It can be comic relief though.

pokemon man
26th May 2003, 11:32 AM
I what bock to get them both because is look like the will get all water. but brock has to get 3 rock type like Aron / lunatone or nospass. I dont what brock t get all water type a take misty place Ilike bock with rock type. brock shoud get all type the what to be a breed.

Rei_Zero
26th May 2003, 01:51 PM
I hope there will be more prehistoric/ancient pokemon episodes. I think in one of them Brock would catch Omanyte, and Ash will catch a Arnorith (whisful thinking).

Hanada Tattsu
27th May 2003, 07:46 PM
Jessie

Wobuffet~ Wobuffet will stay on Jessie's team most likely forever. It has become a symbol of her, and it's funny too, LOL.

Seviper~ Seviper will stay with Jessie for a long time, it's just meant for her, they really suit each other in terms of personality.

Zangoose~ I know people want James to get this, but Zangoose is cool, I want Jessie to get it, it can scratch her face always.

Dustox~ I have a feeling this will leave soon, but I want it to mate with May's Beautifly, LOL.

Everoy
27th May 2003, 09:01 PM
Ash:
*Slugma
Gulpin
Others...

May:
*Skitty
Azurill
Spheal

Brock:
*Feebas
Aron

James:
*Nosepass
Zangoose
Swalot

Ash~
he needs a fire type, plus Slugma needs screen time.
Gulipn along with James's Swalot will be found together, but TR will steal Swalot.

May~
C'mon, you know she's getting Skitty.
The other two are just too-cute-let-me-kick-it.

Brock~
Feebas because he's a pokemon breeder...
Aron 'cause he's a rock type.

James~
We need some Nosepass jokes.
Zangoose is just cool.
Swalot like I said above, plus Swalot replaces Victreebell.

pokemon man
27th May 2003, 09:26 PM
he will because like victreebell swalot will do the same thing victreebell did to james. and jame will it like the episode like ash got muk. or james can be friends with it plus he will get baltoy.

ash
numel
ninjask
gulpin it what be swalot
and slakoth

Bacl
28th May 2003, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by pokemon man
he will because like victreebell swalot will do the same thing victreebell did to james. and jame will it like the episode like ash got muk. or james can be friends with it plus he will get baltoy.

ash
numel
ninjask
gulpin it what be swalot
and slakoth

Huh? I can't follow a word of what you're saying.

pokemon man
28th May 2003, 12:21 AM
I think if james get swalot it will be the same as the ash muk episode. OR swalot will like james and james will get it.

In the 2 season AG what pokemon will ash,may,brock,and team rock have. and misty for all of you that what her to come back

Animelee
28th May 2003, 01:09 AM
Pokemon Man, just wondering. How old are you and what country are you from? It seems that English is a language you're learning.

DarkMarowak
28th May 2003, 11:51 PM
Ash
Numel - He needs a fire type.
Bagon - If not Numel, then he could use a Pokemon that uses fire based attacks at least. (I agree, Charizard and Salamence on a team would be kick-@$$ :D )
Ninjask - He needs a bug type. Also, it would be interesting when he learns about Shedinja.

Haruka (I REFUSE to call her May...)
Swablu - It's cute, and cute fits her.
Skitty - I like J_Mad's theroy. :) Plus, it also fits her.
Spheal - The only land-mobile water type that's cute enough to make her team.

Brock
Pelliper - Since he's using mainly water types, this could work.
Clamperl - Another water type that can battle on land. If it evolves I suspect it'll become Huntail.

Jessie
I think she's got enough. :P

James
Zangoose - It qualifies as a Team Rocket member, and I'd love seeing it and Seviper argue. :)
Gulpin - Weezing's replacement. It'll most likely evolve.

Hanada Tattsu
29th May 2003, 06:21 PM
James

Cacturne~ After Cacnea evolves I think James will neglect his Cacturne, using it maybe twice every five epsiodes, but when it does battle it will be his power house.

Swalot~ Come on, you know he's gonna get this. It'll prolly do the same thing Muk does to Ash and Prof. Oak.

Magcargo ~ James needs slimy and gooey Pokemom, this came do the same thing Swalot does to James, LOL.

Yeah! I'm finally done!

pokemon man
1st June 2003, 06:21 PM
ASh
treecko
taillow
corphish
nincada it is a bug /ground it would be goood for the 3th gym
numelhe has to get numel it like tauros

May
torchic
beautifly
skitty it is cute as may and she will win contes with it
swablu yes swabul he will be a shy pokemon
azuril she has to get one water pokemon
shroomish

Brock
mudkip
lotad
barboach brock with his pokemon cool
aron brock has to get it I what to see him with one
anorith I thing a lot of people what brock to get a fossil pokemon
lunatone would be cool to see brock with a rock/psychic

jessie
wobbuffet
dustox
seviper
chimecho it would do good with her

james
cacnea
swalot james will love it and it will love james
loudred my be
shedinja I can see james jet scard of it

and misty wingull, wailmer, sharpedo,surskit gorebyss and psyduck

Shakespeare
2nd June 2003, 04:06 PM
Ash
Pikachu
Treecko
Corphish
Numel
Taillow
Spoink
NOTE: I can see Ash withdrawing his Phanpy for part of the season and it evolving into Donphan. Otherwise I can see all Ash's Pokemon evolving all the way except maybe for Treecko, who I can see stopping at his Grovyle stage.

Brock
Forretress
Lotad
Mudkip
Relicanth
Skitty
Anorith
NOTE: I really wish Brock hadn't have given His Onix and Geodude away to Jiroo :(. Anyway, I can see most of Brock's Pokemon evolving. I think Brock will get Skitty in stead of May as it will take over from Vulpix on Brock's team. Relicanth is the Water/Rock bridge that IMO represents Brock right now. Anorith will have a little story about it, coming from a fossil and all. As for evolutions, Every one of his Pokemon will probably evolve, except for maybe Skitty. Mudkip is likely to stop at Marshtomp and not evolve into Swampert. Lombre may evolve into Ludicolo or it may not. BTW I can see Brock with a Trapinch, but it might not happen.

May
Torchic
Beautifly
Azurill
Seedot
Aron
Swablu
NOTE: This is pretty much a well rounded team for May. Seedot is a suitable Grass Pokemon and when it evolves its Dark type will probably add some character to it. Azurill is the best suiting Water Pokemon for May IMO. It will probably evolve all the way. Aron is that physical member of the team (Steel/Rock). I can see it becoming a Lairon, but Aggron may not happen. Swablu is the flyer of the team. When it evolves it could very well be May's main Pokemon. Finally, Torchic is the main Pokemon in May's team. I can see it as Combusken, but maybe not Blaziken.

Jessie
Seviper
Wobbufett
Dustox
Arbok
Absol/Torkoal (Don't ask why)
NOTE: The only area to touch here is the Arbok and Absol/Torkoal issue. First of all, I can see Jessie & James getting their Arbok & Weezing back. I can see this being encorporated into an education episode about ecosystems and how introducing new species can ruin and area. But somehow I can't se Jessie and James worrying about this, and I think they'll get to kepp them. As far as Absol/Torkoal goes, I can see Jessie with a Fire Pokemon and Torkoal's the only new one left. If not Torkoal I can see Jessie with an Absol later in the series. I know she has heaps of Pokemon already, but I think Team Rocket will be taken more seriously in this season. Maybe Giovanni could give Jessie & James a powerful Pokemon each?

James
Cacnea
Zangoose
Swalot
Weezing
Spheal/Snorunt/Mightyena
NOTE: I think this is a pretty well rounded team for James. I'm undecided as to if Canea should evolve into Cacturne or not right now. Swalot would evolve into Gulpin. Weezing could come back, it's and official Houen Pokemon, but bringing back Arbok would be a problem. I can see James with a Spheal. I don't know how far it would evolve though. If not I can see Snorunt/Mightyena being on James team, whether he catches them or gets them from Giovanni or something I think they would be the more powerful Pokemon on his team, and maybe not too obedient.

And just for fun...

Misty
Starmie/Gyarados
Surskit
Nincada
Ralts
Abra/Meditite
Electrike/Roselia
NOTE: I'm trying to move Misty away from her Water Pokemon team. They did it with Brock so they can do it with Misty. I think Misty would be good with Psychic or Bug Pokemon. I would love to see her bring her Starmie to Houen for more exposure, but knowing how much the writers love Gyarados, she will probably choose that Pokemon to come to Houen. I can see Surskit and nincade evolving. I'm not sure if she would get Ninjask or Shedinja. Probably Ninjask. Ralts is a great Psychic type and I can see it evolving into Kirlia. Gardevoir is also a possibility. Same with Abra. Meditite would be an alternative for Abra because it is a Houen Pokemon and it adds more to her team as it is a Fighting type. Electrike/ Roselia would round the team off well. I could also perhaps see Misty with a Wailmer.

Hanada Tattsu
2nd June 2003, 07:02 PM
There has been hints from the sixth movie trailers and posters that May catches a Ralts/Kirlia, as she has been standing near one, so maybe May will get one?

Shakespeare
3rd June 2003, 12:40 AM
There has been hints from the sixth movie trailers and posters that May catches a Ralts/Kirlia, as she has been standing near one, so maybe May will get one?

That's a possibility. I think May will have a well rounded team. Maybe Ralts could be the Poliwag of May's team?

Hanada Tattsu
3rd June 2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Shakespeare
That's a possibility. I think May will have a well rounded team. Maybe Ralts could be the Poliwag of May's team?

I think so. In fact, it will most likely be the Poliwag of her team, she'll use it a lot, and evolve it twice, probably.

Torchic will be the new Togepi of the season, and Beautifly will be the new Staryu or Starmie.

Fire_Convoy
4th June 2003, 06:48 AM
Here are my capture predictions/hopes (no ideas about evolutions as of yet-except the one).

ASH:

Pikachu
Treecko
Taillow
Corphish
Bagon
Spoink

Bagon serves the purpose of a Fire-type substitute, and Ash should catch a Psychic type this time around.

MAY:
Torchic
Beautifly
Swablu
Roselia
Feebas/Milotic
Meditite

All pokemon with "cute" appearances to match her charater. Feebas seems likely to me because it evolves through Beauty level-a perfect challenge since May wants to be a Contest expert.

BROCK:
Forretress
Lotad
Mudkip
Wailmer
Barboatch
Anorith

Mostly water-types, with Anorith stuck in as a Rock-type for old times sake.

TEAM ROCKET

Cacnea-James
Seviper-Jessie
Dustox-Jessie
Zangoose-James
Gulpin-James

Not sure if Wobbuffet will stick around or not.

AKA Pokemon Fan
4th June 2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Shakespeare
If not Torkoal I can see Jessie with an Absol later in the series. I know she has heaps of Pokemon already, but I think Team Rocket will be taken more seriously in this season. Maybe Giovanni could give Jessie & James a powerful Pokemon each?

The series has gone to great lengths to show that Jessie and James really aren't all that evil, so its next to impossible that they'll become so in Hoenn. As for Giovanni he doesn't care a bit about the two and dumped them in Hoenn to get rid of them for awhile and hopefully get some information about Tea Aqua and Magma. In any event there is no way Giovanni would give Jessie and James a Pokemon as rare and powerful as Absol.

Someone noted that Arbok and Weezing were introduced into a land their kind isn't native to, but this isn't really true. The anime Hoenn has many wild Pokemon not found in the games, including the wild Ekans and Koffing that the hunter had trapped.

My predictions below are based on my attempts to predict what the writers and producers want, in combination with what makes sense for the characters in the series. It unfortunately can't just contain what I'd personally hope them to get by the end of the season. It also means following some basic rules (I'm not saying though that these rules can't be broken).

1. No character can catch a near-legendary Pokemon or its previous evolutions. So no Salamence, Flygon, Altaria Metagross etc.
2. Characters can almost never get extremely powerful Pokemon and if they do they must be put in storage or otherwise not be kept on the team for long. Slakoth evolves into one of the most powerful of all Pokemon, and since Ash already has Snorlax for a super powerhouse it is highly unlikely he could get it. Besides, I'll bet Norman will have a monopoly on the sloth Pokemon in AG.
3. The character's Pokemon usually must be connected to events or items in the games, and help illustrate them. Examples would include all the starters being on teams at one point or another, Brock's Crobat and Misty's Politoed.
4. No character can catch a Pokemon that isn't new to the games. So only RS Pokemon are open as possibilities.
5. Characters can almost never get very rare Pokemon. And certainly no Prehistoric Pokemon.

Ash:
Pikachu
Grovyle/Sceptile
Swellow
Crawdaunt
Torkoal
Grumpig/Ninjask/Volbeat

In storage:
???

Treeko will almost certainly evolve into Grovyle so that Leaf Blade can be advertised, and so it can compete equally with Bulbasaur and Bayleef, both of whom currently outrank him in power and number of attacks they know. Plus judging by Treeko's personality, and the several important battles it has lost due to lack of power, it's likely he would not be averse to evolving. Unless he has a Bulbasaur complex... However, whether or not it will reach its final stage is up in the air. There is only circumstancial evidence, like Ash getting tougher, less cute Pokemon in AG, and Bayleef evolving into its second stage, making way for Ash's third Grass type to reach the third stage.

Taillow will more than likely evolve simply because Swellow is so similar and it will only become about as big as Ash's Noctowl. So it will be an easy excuse to give Ash more power without drastically changing his team, much as in the case of Bayleef in Johto.

Corphish will likely evolve because it will otherwise appear too useless in contrast to Kingler's size and power. Evolving would lend it the same status as Ash's other similar but useful Pokemon like Bulbasaur and Bayleef. Of course this is far from certain, as Charizard, though not technically available for battle, still far overshadows Cyndaquil's skills.

Torkoal is only a possibility if they decide to follow the rule of giving Ash a Fire type. I really don't think they'd give him Numel as both it and Camerupt seem too dopey to Ash's Pokemon, all of whom have a certain coolness about them. In addition, Torkoal would contrast well with Ash's other Fire types. Charizard the confident, almighty powerhouse, Cyndaquil the timid, agile and quick one, Torkoal the slow moving tank.

Ash's sixth member is a problem. Ash's sixth member, when it hasn't been a second Grass type, has always consisted of a Bug or alternate type. Interesting note, in Kanto Ash's sixth members for the season were Butterfree the Bug type and Primeape the Fighting type. Then in Johto he ends up catching the Bug/Fighting type Heracross! Coincidence? ;) Volbeat fits the bill of a common, rather ordinary Bug type, but Heracross certainly didn't fit that so its only a possibility. Ninjask on the other hand seems too unusual for Ash. Still, I can see the writers/producers wanting to do a story about the lifecycle of Nincada and how Ash and the others deal with the mysterious Shedinja (which would likely not stay on the team but go off into some netherworld).

The other possibility is simply a random type that isn't on the rest of Ash's team. The main example of this was Phanpy. I find that a Psychic type is possible for Ash, and of the new ones Grumpig would fit him best. However, there are a myriad of other types they could surprise us with.

It seems to be a rule that Ash will always catch one Pokemon per series that is large, very powerful, and is kept in storage at Oak's. Kanto's was Kingler, the Orange Islands was Snorlax, and Johto was Heracross. However, I'm quite at a loss as to what this could be. Nothing seems to fit well. Its unlikely they would give Ash a fourth Grass type or otherwise I'd think Tropius was a possibility. I've long thought that Absol may become a part of Ash's team due to its role in the opening theme. However, its role in the movie renders this unlikely.

May:
Combusken
Beautifly
Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir
Roselia
Milotic/Gorebyss
Skitty/Delcatty

May is the only other character I expect to get a team of six (or perhaps even more) since she is a regular trainer unlike Brock and Misty who specialized.

May a very feminine character, more so than Misty was, and all her known Pokemon seem to be a mix of cute and feminine (Torchic acts like a female). Thus I find that Ralts and its evolutions would be perfect for her character, and indeed there is circumstancial evidence from the sixth movie. I do of course realize that Ralts can be male or female. ;)

Roselia is similarly a very feminine Pokemon (which can strangely also be male) and would be ideal if they wanted to give her a Grass type.

Although a lot of People think Brock should get one Milotic is noteworthy in being the only Pokemon whose evolution is directly related to things involving Pokemon contests, namely raising its beauty with pokeblocks. As May is the representative for contest trainers, Milotic would make sense for her, although its size and power makes it a bit less likely to become a part of her team.

On the other hand, Gorebyss also makes sense in being a very feminine Water type and if captured as a Clampearl ut could fulfill the role of advertising the Deep Sea Scale item required for its evolution.

I like the thory about Skitty and think it is another Pokemon that fits her well in regards to personality and career choice (Pokemon Contests) as it and espcially its evolution appear to be Pokemon that could readily be shown off.

I don't expect Brock to catch much more than he already has and as for Jessie and James I'd say I don't know. Cacnea might not be able to fulfill its Victreebel role as effectively if it evolved into a big, intimidating Cacturne. Zangoose makes sense in regards to the rivalry with Seviper but having three running gags (Cacnea's hugs, Wobbuffet's popping out, Zangoose and Seviper fighting) involving Team Rocket's Pokemon may be more than what the writers are willing to do. Also Zangoose seems a bit too tough looking for James. I don't expect Jessie to catch anymore than she already has.

Rei_Zero
4th June 2003, 06:01 PM
Who says they can't ever catch near legendary and its pre-evos. What's Larvitar then? It wasn't officially caught but it belonged to Ash for quite a while.

Hanada Tattsu
4th June 2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Rei_Zero
Who says they can't ever catch near legendary and its pre-evos. What's Larvitar then? It wasn't officially caught but it belonged to Ash for quite a while.

Still though, Larvitar, even though belonging to Ash for six episodes, was never used to battle AFAIR. It only battled to protect itself, Ash never used it in any battles.

have a stammer
6th June 2003, 06:34 PM
i agree with AKA Pokemon Fan his decisions and the reasons for those decisions were the best, im throwing out my ideas and going with his.. mine were never that good. It seems alot of people agree about Ash getting a Grumpig and May getting a spheal, skitty, or swablu. However i still think mawile is a good addition to james team, and i hope the writers will not have mawile chomp on james like victrebell, that got old and shouldn't be passed on to a new pokemon.

And in response to those who say im stupid for saying that ash should not get legendaries or have a salamence or a metagross or have charizard come back, remember i said EDUCATED guess, face it the writers wont do it, and IF he did catch a beldum (which i can totally not see ) or catch a bagon, the fact is it will not evolve all the way.

Drake
7th June 2003, 09:16 AM
Still though, Larvitar, even though belonging to Ash for six episodes, was never used to battle AFAIR. It only battled to protect itself, Ash never used it in any battles.

maybe i'm wrong, but didn't ash use larvitar to battle against a magby, later evolving into a magmar?

Cferra
7th June 2003, 11:11 AM
I'd love to see this trailer with ralts/kirilia. Where can I watch it? As for pokemon the crew gets...

I can see Ash with a numel, May with ralts/kirilia and brock with aron, lairon or aggron.

I'm not sure about the Rockets, though.

L_X

Hanada Tattsu
7th June 2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Drake
maybe i'm wrong, but didn't ash use larvitar to battle against a magby, later evolving into a magmar?

*slaps himself*

LOL, thanks for reminding me. I believe he did use Larvitar against a Magby before the Silver Conference.

Everoy
7th June 2003, 10:07 PM
Misty

Politoed
Surskit?
Wailmer?
Starmie
Chinchou?
Relicanth?

Politoed and Starmie ~ You know how close Misty is with her Politoed and Starmie. However, Politoed has a higher chance of Misty keeping him.

Surskit, Wailmer, and Relicanth ~ Brock loved Pineco/Forretress to death, now it's Misty's turn. Wailmer is more likely.

Chinchou ~ I feel she should get a Chinchou as it is a good dual type often found in Hoenn. However, as it is a Johto Poke, low chance of happening.

Hanada Tattsu
7th June 2003, 10:37 PM
LOL, I wonder what Misty will think of Surskit, her reaction to it should be quite funny, lol.

A bug type and a water type...

Bacl
8th June 2003, 12:35 AM
LOL, I wonder what Misty will think of Surskit, her reaction to it should be quite funny, lol.

A bug type and a water type...

I wonder what she'll think of Brock being a water trainer. If we ever see her again that is.

Lobo
8th June 2003, 12:37 AM
Ash:
Pikachu
Treecko
Crawdaunt
Swellow
Salamence
Volbeat...Off to Proffesor Oak
Numel

May:
Torchic
Beautifly
Spheal
Spoink
Plusle

Brock:
Marshtomp
Forretress
Lombre
Solrock...I can see the dubbed title now, "He's a Sol Man"
Vibrava

Jesse:
Seviper
Wobbufet...might leave
Dustox

James:
Cacnea...won't evolve...may even leave
Swalot
Zangoose

Here's hoping...

Richie:
Tyranitar
Charizard
Raichu
Sealeo
Shiftry
Altaria

Hanada Tattsu
8th June 2003, 09:53 AM
Misty will, if she returns, probably be jealous of Brock, and they will always compete to see who is the better water type Pokemon trainer.

Someone needs to catch something or make it evolve!

BlueKecleon
8th June 2003, 01:13 PM
Ohh, I can see May with a Plusle easily. I can see her bragging how cute it is and how it is cuter than Pikachu.
I'm sure a Plusle and Pikachu would become best friends.

Hanada Tattsu
8th June 2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by BlueKecleon
Ohh, I can see May with a Plusle easily. I can see her bragging how cute it is and how it is cuter than Pikachu.
I'm sure a Plusle and Pikachu would become best friends.

Maybe she can get Plusle, and Jessie can get Minun? They can argue about which one of their Pokemon is cuter, kinda like with Beautifly and Dustox.

BlueKecleon
8th June 2003, 09:17 PM
Sounds interesting, although I doubt the writers would ever let Jessie or James have an electric type, especially one that resembles Pikachu.

Eh, but ya never know :)

Hanada Tattsu
9th June 2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by BlueKecleon
Sounds interesting, although I doubt the writers would ever let Jessie or James have an electric type, especially one that resembles Pikachu.

Eh, but ya never know :)

Yeah, but you know AG can surprise us.

Ash not getting all three of the starters but only one (the less predictable one) is a change in itself. Heh, Jessie can get Plusle and James can get Minun, even!

SygmaXE
9th June 2003, 05:34 PM
Ash
Pikachu, Treecko, Numel, Corphish, Ninjask, Swellow

May
Torchic, Beautifly, Seedot, Delcatty, Spheal, Masquerain

Brock
Forretress, Mudkip, Flygon, Lombre, Baltoy

Jessie
Wobbuffet, Seviper, Dustox

James
Cacnea, Zangoose, Gulpin

Hanada Tattsu
9th June 2003, 07:42 PM
Oh yeah, I decided to revise James' team a little bit.

James: Cacturne, Swalot, Wailmer

Wailmer seems cute for James, it will be big, but I think it could have a jolly disposition.

Jaffa
17th June 2003, 03:11 PM

Did you notice that

Advance on this theory...

Spheal
Volbeat
Mawile
Sharpedo
Absol
Mightyena
Sableye
Vigoroth
Aggron
Poochyena
Wurmple
Lotad
Pelliper
Duskull
Shroomish

Spheal, Volbeat and Mawile... At a guess... Have yet to feature or be mentioned to appear in the anime or be listed to... Eg - They shall be caught and/or featured in upcoming episodes...

Hanada Tattsu
17th June 2003, 06:39 PM
Yes, and most of those Pokemon are actually going to appear in the sixth movie, like Absol and Mightyena, the latter of which has already appeared.

PikachuRocks
18th June 2003, 07:25 AM
New Idea:

Ash:
Pikachu Duh!
Sceptile Blubasaur didn't evolve,Chikorita once and now Treecko twice
Swellow It would be weird for a basic flyer(Taillow) to be in his team.
Torkoal Only fire type that fits him.
Flygon His most used for this season
Crawdunaut His fouth most powerfull will be used a lot.

At Oaks:
Kecleon It could be switched for Torkoal once in a while.

May:
Torchic Her least used pokemon.
Beautifly Her flyer and used in beauty contests.
Azumarril She wanted a Azurill so it could at least evolve all the way
Plusle and Minun Caught at the same time both are cute.
Delcatty Her most used.
WynautCute and why not?

Brock:
Forretress His least used
Marshtomp His most used
Lombre It wouldn't evolve all the way
Milotic Wants to learn about pokeblocks Feebas is the perfect experiment.
Aggron Powerhouse of the group
Pelliper His flyer

James:
Cacunature(sp?) Will evolve
Swalot Needs a posion type
Sharpedo Due to the fact it needs water to battle will hardly be used.
Weezing Will possibly return

Jessie:
Seviper,Wobbufett and Dustox Will not leave
Arbok Will possibly return

Hanada Tattsu
18th June 2003, 09:27 AM
That sounds good, except how would May get two Pokemon, Plusle and Minun when she only has room for six? I say May gets Plusle, and Jessie or Ash or even James get Minun. Or Jessie can get Plusle and James can get Minun.

Shuppet Master
18th June 2003, 06:18 PM
For PikachuRocks,I doubt Brock will get a full team. May might,but not Brock,because past seasons have shown that only Ash ever had a full team. Misty and Brock never had more than four Pokemon and Team Rocket had no more than two Pokemon at a time(Jessie lost Lickitung for Wobbuffet,remember).

Here's what I think will be the group's Pokemon by Evergrande City:

(Ash)

Pikachu: His sidekick forever. :P
Swellow: Taillow probably will evolve,given how Pidgeotto did.
Corphish: I doubt this will evolve - Totodile didn't evolve.
Numel: He has to have a fire Pokemon,obviously.
Grumpig: Psychic is one of the types he hasn't gotten yet,and don't count Haunter and Noctowl - they only use psychic attacks.
Shuppet: True,he let Haunter help him,but he never had a true ghost type. I bet that Banette is as mischevious as Haunter. :D

(May)

Combusken: I bet May will evolve Tochic to win a 'tough' or 'cool' contest.
Beautifly: For 'beauty' contests,of course.
Skitty/Delcatty: For 'cute' contests - May loves cute Pokemon. :)
(Full team) Azumarill
(Full team) Tropius: For 'strong' contests
(Full team) Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir: For 'smart' contests,maybe. ;)

The last three I put are special cases - if May decides to get a full team like Ash,those are the Pokemon I'm betting on. But I doubt she will,because she's a "Misty" and thus might not get a full team. Trying not to get your hopes up,people.

(Brock)

Forretress: Sorry,I seriously doubt Brock will get rid of this guy. He did catch it with a Fast Ball.
Lotad/Lombre: I doubt that Brock will be able to get a Leaf Stone in Hoenn to get Ludicolo.
Mudkip/Marshtomp/Swampert: If Brock does make Mudkip evolve fully,it will be an Onix replacement.
Nincada/Ninjask: Probably a replacement flyer for Crobat. ;)

{Jessie}

Wobbuffet
Seviper
Dustox

(James)

Cacnea/Cacturne: I doubt the cactus will evolve,but...
Barboach/Whiscash: For comedy value
Shedinja: If Brock gets a Ninjask,someone has to get the Shedinja that comes from it!

SygmaXE
18th June 2003, 06:35 PM
Misty did have a full team: Staryu, Goldeen, Psyduck, Togepi, Corsola, Politoed

JazzJazz
18th June 2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by .hack//BELLOSSOM
(James)

Shedinja: If Brock gets a Ninjask,someone has to get the Shedinja that comes from it!

I like this idea... it could freak him out everytime!

Hanada Tattsu
18th June 2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by JazzJazz
I like this idea... it could freak him out everytime!

Yeah, imagine James squealing a girlish squeal everytime that his brand new Shedinja comes out, this should be funny.

AKA Pokemon Fan
19th June 2003, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by SygmaXE
Misty did have a full team: Staryu, Goldeen, Psyduck, Togepi, Corsola, Politoed
Good point, so it certainly is possible for other team members to get full teams. Most people don't notice Misty has six since she rarely uses several of them.

Hanada Tattsu
19th June 2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by AKA Pokemon Fan
Good point, so it certainly is possible for other team members to get full teams. Most people don't notice Misty has six since she rarely uses several of them.

Yes, so that's kinda it. We've only seen two of her Pokemon (well three) consistently during MQ, Politoed, Togepi, and Corsola. Staryu, Goldeen, and Psyduck, who used to pop out of its Poke Ball every episode, have been ignored.

Everoy
19th June 2003, 10:16 AM
Yes, so that's kinda it. We've only seen two of her Pokemon (well three) consistently during MQ, Politoed, Togepi, and Corsola. Staryu, Goldeen, and Psyduck, who used to pop out of its Poke Ball every episode, have been ignored.

Well, technically it IS two since Togepi has no pokeball.

Oh, and what happened to Starmie? I don't know because I finally started watching the anime again when "I Politoed Ya So!" aired...

Hanada Tattsu
19th June 2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Parsec's Politoed
Well, technically it IS two since Togepi has no pokeball.

Oh, and what happened to Starmie? I don't know because I finally started watching the anime again when "I Politoed Ya So!" aired...

Starmie and Horsea stayed at Misty's sisters gym when Ash headed for the league.

When she goes back to the gym, she gets them both back, as they were.

SygmaXE
19th June 2003, 02:36 PM

Notice that Togepi, Corsola and Politoed are GS Pokemon. The writers wanted the GS Pokemon to be displayed the most, so they got the most screentime. Why else would Brock's Zubat, a Pokemon rarely used, ever, in battle, evolve into a Golbat and then a Crobat 3 episodes later? The R/B Pokemon, except Pikachu, were neglected. Now we're in Advance Gen., and the RS Pokemon are the stars (Poor Forretress...).

SygmaXE
19th June 2003, 02:56 PM
On a different note, no one did Brendan's team, knowing that one day he'll be in the anime.

Brendan
Sceptile
Linoone
Lairon
Vibrava
Kecleon

have a stammer
19th June 2003, 04:05 PM
SygmaXE good point and good team, although I see "Brendan" appearing in a special, and not in the anime itself. But 2 normal type? kecleon and lioone, I think he would be smarter then that.

While on the subject of misty's pokemon, after a while togepi became more of an accessory to misty's clothes, then a pokemon never trained never anything, you may here it's chirp once in a while but that's it. And the whole it's a baby she's it's mother, yeah but how long does a togepi stay a baby? until it evolves into a togetic? Now moving on, I see May with maybe 5 pokemon on her team tops and brock with 4 (sure we would all want brock with a full team but being he is the king of not using his pokemon it would be just sad that he would catch some cool poke.... and never use it, it would be better if we were never introduced to a new one, just so that he would never use it.)

I have also been wondering if Ash will catch any Poke's besides the one's in his team. (and the answer is most likely yes.....) Muk, Kingler, Snorlax, Tauros, and Heracross, All caught and used for special "occasions" (gym battles, league battles, etc.) , so which pokemon will Ash catch only to send to oak? Hopefully none, I'm often confused how people WANT Ash to catch a lot more yet they DON'T want them deposited or have the original 6 replaced. People still morn over Squirtles, Bulbasaurs, and Charizard's departure yet if he caught more they would have the same fate as kingler and muk straight to Prof. Oak never to be seen again, OR they would replace the ones on his team which no one wants.

Anyway something more to talk about.

Hanada Tattsu
19th June 2003, 04:24 PM
Have a stammer, this is off topic, but what is that in your sig? I know the one pic is of a Wynaut, but what is that picture with Kirlia, Meditite, and Lombre? Does it have something to do with the show or the game?

have a stammer
19th June 2003, 06:14 PM
Actually Hanada Tattsu that pic. is neither from the game or the anime. It's a box or a promotion from some type of food. Translated from the description next to it was "The cream of fruit milk taste was wrapped with the white pan!" it also said "White bread fruit milk wind cream" and the price is 120 yen. It seems to be just a treat for kids. I thought it was unique, also I like Kirlia, Meditite, and Lombre. Yeah when I first saw it I thought it was from the anime. :D

Hanada Tattsu
19th June 2003, 11:10 PM
Oh, thanks!

Wow, Pokemon sure sells a lot in Japan, they're even making foods around it still, I remember they used to, but I didn't know they continued.

I wish they'd do that somewhere else. *cough*America*cough*

Everoy
20th June 2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by have a stammer
Actually Hanada Tattsu that pic. is neither from the game or the anime. It's a box or a promotion from some type of food. Translated from the description next to it was "The cream of fruit milk taste was wrapped with the white pan!" it also said "White bread fruit milk wind cream" and the price is 120 yen. It seems to be just a treat for kids. I thought it was unique, also I like Kirlia, Meditite, and Lombre. Yeah when I first saw it I thought it was from the anime. :D

I think I also see Jirachi in it... In the lower left corner.

Hanada Tattsu
20th June 2003, 11:30 AM
I think I also see Jirachi in it... In the lower left corner.

Ya, Jirachi's in the box. I wonder if this food is advertising the sixth movie?

Chris 2.1
20th June 2003, 11:55 AM
Maybe Jirachi, as well as Lombre, Meditite and Kirlia, and just sponsors? In the Uk, we had GS spaghetti hoops! Elekid, Slowking, Celebi, Cyndaquil and Pichu i recall...

Hmm.

Gravy
20th June 2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by ShinyMarill
Maybe Jirachi, as well as Lombre, Meditite and Kirlia, and just sponsors? In the Uk, we had GS spaghetti hoops! Elekid, Slowking, Celebi, Cyndaquil and Pichu i recall...

Hmm.

lol, I remember those. I think they threw in Jigglypuff and Pikachu as well.
They also had Ice Pops as I recall, with most of the 'popular' pokemon on front. Poliwhirl, Charmander, you know the drill....

JazzJazz
20th June 2003, 04:20 PM
There was a short-lived Pokemon cereal in Australia. It had the likes of oddish and poliwag; they were marshmallow pieces in a basic flakes cereal.

SygmaXE
20th June 2003, 06:20 PM
Since we left the topic to talk about Pokemon merchandise, I've been meaning to ask this question, but never found a topic suited to post this question nor did I want to open a new topic just to get one answer. Remember those 2 inch Poke'mon figures? When are the Advance ones coming out? I really want a Torchic, Combusken, and Blaziken.

Hanada Tattsu
21st June 2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by SygmaXE
Since we left the topic to talk about Pokemon merchandise, I've been meaning to ask this question, but never found a topic suited to post this question nor did I want to open a new topic just to get one answer. Remember those 2 inch Poke'mon figures? When are the Advance ones coming out? I really want a Torchic, Combusken, and Blaziken.

I dunno, but probably once the show starts (if you live in the US, UK, or Australia) then I'm sure they'll make more plushies. I have seen a Wynaut plushie, however.

have a stammer
21st June 2003, 04:13 PM
here are some figures and dolls of course unfortunately these are from the Japanese Poke Center Store

a torchic figure
http://www.pokemoncenter-online.com/portal/servlet/EC0204?jan_cd=4904810648727

and a torchic doll
http://www.pokemoncenter-online.com/portal/servlet/EC0204?jan_cd=4521329019031

of course there is also mudkip and treecko
and there is alot of other stuff that you can long for but never get

Chris 2.1
21st June 2003, 04:29 PM
I walked past a shop in town, one that sold birthday cards and helium balloons, and I saw something amazing!

a faded Pokemon helium baloon, VERY faded, with Pikachu, Venasaur, Poliwhirl, Marowak, most the Pokemon abused by marketing all scrambled onto this baloon around the outside. Pokemon has truly faded itself in the UK...

Gravy
21st June 2003, 05:25 PM
Ugh...that Torchic doll looks horrible IMHO.
Hmm....Shiny Marril's right, pokemon really has faded away in the UK. Ever since everyone calmed down after the hype of G/S it really has gone downhill now.
Where I live, all I ever see nowadays are the cards and the odd Pikachu plushie now and then. Not like 2 or so years ago, when we'd have stickers, food stuffs, strategy guides, figurines (expensive for their size) and other such things.

There is a place a couple of miles from where I live, where they get loads of Pokemon imports from Japan's Pokemon centres. I would by some of them, but the prices are sky high (Ł20 for a Marril doll?!). At least they sell the manga at rock bottom prices (Ł1 each).

Hanada Tattsu
21st June 2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Gravy
Ugh...that Torchic doll looks horrible IMHO.
Hmm....Shiny Marril's right, pokemon really has faded away in the UK. Ever since everyone calmed down after the hype of G/S it really has gone downhill now.
Where I live, all I ever see nowadays are the cards and the odd Pikachu plushie now and then. Not like 2 or so years ago, when we'd have stickers, food stuffs, strategy guides, figurines (expensive for their size) and other such things.

There is a place a couple of miles from where I live, where they get loads of Pokemon imports from Japan's Pokemon centres. I would by some of them, but the prices are sky high (Ł20 for a Marril doll?!). At least they sell the manga at rock bottom prices (Ł1 each).

Do they sell Japanese Pokemon videos? 'Cause I am looking to buy them, but only one site I know of sells them at a very high price for the US.

Everoy
21st June 2003, 08:25 PM
Woah, we're getting really off topic. Let's get back to what this thread was made for, what's being talked about isn't even Anime!

Hanada Tattsu
21st June 2003, 08:27 PM
Woah, we're getting really off topic. Let's get back to what this thread was made for, what's being talked about isn't even Anime!

Well, asking for if a store sells Japanese Pokemon videos is about the anime, so there. :P j/k; I'm jokin', lol, no offense. :D

have a stammer
21st June 2003, 09:51 PM
Yeah, we have gotten really off topic it all started with my pic. in my sig, curse me. Oh well to get back on topic im turning my attention to what SygmaXE said making a team for "Brendan" and "Wally" i can see these 2 in a special similar to the crystal special... which we unfortunately wont be able to see.

Brendan's team:
Sceptile
Vibrava
Dusclops
Ninetales*
Skarmory*

Sceptile the natural choice, the others i think fit *( i know skarmory and ninetales are not AG pokes and i rather not put in Non AG pokemon in the team, however these to me fit)

Wally
Kirlia
swablu
tropius

The reason for this is a picture from one of my other threads.

And even if both were in a special, I doubt they would show all there pokemon, maybe 2 or 3.

Hanada Tattsu
21st June 2003, 11:44 PM
Brendan

Sceptile
Shiftry
Salamence
Metagross
Skarmory
Hariyama

Ya, I gave Brendan some powerhouses so he can be a really intimidating trainer.

Wally

Gardevoir
Altaria
Masquerian
Spinda
Ludicolo
Roselia
Electrode

Wally has an okay team, but not as packed with powerhouses as Brendan's team is.

aron master
12th October 2003, 09:25 PM
may
combusken
Beautifly
skitty
swablu
kirlia
roselia

Brock
mudkip
lomber
aron
anorith
trapinch
vulpix

my dream team for both of them

PAK Man
13th October 2003, 03:21 PM
Here are my predictions for Ash, May and Brock's teams:

Ash:
Pikachu
Obviously, he's never going to get rid of Pikachu. Pikachu is probably the strongest out of all of Ash's Pokemon.

Sceptile
I believe that Treecko will fully evolve for this reason: In the Indigo League, Ash's grass starter refused to evolve. In Johto, his grass starter evolved once. That's why I believe Treecko will fully evolve into Sceptile.

Taillow
The fact that Ash almost never uses Taillow in battle and the fact that it's mainly used to pop Team Rocket's ballon, I don't see Taillow evolving anytime soon.

Corphish
The reason I don't see Corphish evolving is a simple reason: I don't think the writers would let Ash have the same Pokemon as the enemy (Crawdaunt belongs to Team Aqua).

Numel
After battling Camerupt in the latest Japanese episode, I think Ash will be inspired to capture a Numel and possibly evolve it. He also needs a fire type.

Trapinch
Ash needs a new ground Pokemon. He hardly used Phanpy, so I think he'll catch a Trapinch.

May:
Combusken
I have a feeling May will have Torchic evolve into a Combusken so it can enter a Tough Contest.

Beautifly
It seems that Beautifly is her favorite Pokemon, so I doubt she would leave it or anything like that.

Skitty
I can see May capturing a Skitty. I have a feeling she won't evolve it, because Ash and co. don't seem to like using evolution stones on Pokemon.

Milotic
In her first Pokemon contest, May lost to a Milotic. That may inspire her to capture a Feebas and have it evolve.

Castform
This Pokemon seems perfect for May. I can just imagine her using it to win a Pokemon contest.

Spheal
The same reason as Castform, this Pokemon seems perfect for May to use in a contest.

Brock:
Forretress
Forretress is currently Brock's strongest Pokemon, and I think it reminds him of his old personality.

Lotad
Brock always has a bunch of Pokemon that never evolve. Lotad seems like one of them.

Marshtomp
It seems like Brock uses Mudkip a lot, so I expect it to evolve into a Marshtomp. It may evolve into Swampert, also.

Tropius
Brock doesn't have any flying Pokemon, and he trains grass and water Pokemon now. This one seems perfect for him.

Barboach
Barboach is a water-ground Pokemon, like Marshtomp and Swampert. Brock might want to capture this because it may remind him of his rock Pokemon (being half-ground).

I only put five Pokemon for Brock, because he's never had more than five Pokemon at once. Also, he was the person who told Ash about "Quality over Quantity," so Brock might want few, strong Pokemon than many, weak Pokemon.

That's what I think the teams will be.

Nikku-San
13th October 2003, 05:09 PM
Ash
Trapinch > Vibrava > Flygon
Bagon > Shellgon > Salamence
(I stuck Ash with two dragons, heh...)

Brock
Aron > Lairon

May
Skitty > Delcatty
Azurill > Marill > Azumarill
Feebas > Milotic

Jessie
Too many as it is... Pokemon hogging b... n/m.

James
Mawile
Whismur > Loudred > Exploud

The dragons just seem to fit Ash. I think Brock would do well with Aron for some reason, it just seems to fit him. We know May is getting Skitty... And the Azumarill line was eluded to in the first or second eppie for her. As for Feebas/Milotic, well everyone has mentioned the ugly duckling theory about a million times so... Jessie's a Pokemon whore. :P James needs some Pokés, so I gave him two that fit him. And that's all, folks.

PikachuRocks
15th October 2003, 11:03 AM
Ash:
Pikachu
Grovyle
Swellow
Corphish
Vibrava
Numel

May:
Torchic
Beautifly
Skitty
Roselia
Spheal
Kecleon

Brock:
Forretress
Marshtomp
Ludicolo
Baltoy
Solrock

Andrew
15th October 2003, 05:24 PM
Ash
Pikachu
Taillow (It'll leave when it evolves)
Sceptile (Evolve once IMO)
Corphish (Won't evolve)
Solrock (Its the only firey option apart from the other fire types which have been displayed)
And a Vibra/Duskull (Meh, total stab in the dark)

May
Torchic (Won't evolve)
Beautifly (I may see this leaving after it wins a contest... Ala Butterfree)
Skitty (It'll stay like this)
And perhaps a Swablu / Mawille

Brock
Forretress (I feel this'll leave)
Lombre (May evolve from Lotad)
Mudkip (May evolve)
And if he were to catch anything, it'd be a Baltoy.