PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Are you are proud of your favourite sports team this season?

Adz44
23rd May 2003, 08:13 AM
See above for the question. It can be any sport (even if the particular season of that sport is still going on).

I'm an Everton fan (if my sig wasn't obvious enough lol) and I'm really proud of what they've acheived this season. For those who don't know, they are an English football (soccer) team based in Liverpool. I'm a bit disappointed they didn't make it to Europe, but they gave it their best shot. 7th is a big improvement on 15th.

We've had plenty of great of wins this season including the games against Arsenal and Newcastle. We didn't beat Man United, but we gave them a good game twice.

David Moyes is a great manager and I hope we can keep hold of him for years to come. He seems to have bulit a team spirit at Everton and that's why they've done so well.

All the players have played their part. Tomasz Radzinski, David Unsworth, Kevin Campbell and, of course, Wayne Rooney are only naming a few that have played very well this season.

Next season, I reckon they'll get a European place. Champions League would be great, but I'd settle for the UEFA cup. I'd also like to see them win a domestic trophy. Probably not the league (though I see no reason why not), but maybe the FA cup.

Well, that's all I have to say. What do you lot think about your favourite sports team?

Jay
25th May 2003, 05:40 AM
I don't follow sports that much ... I've been recognised as an AFL (Australian Rules Football) freak, but only because I can pick the winning teams well and most people know that --; I go for the AFL team Collingwood, which apparently everyone hates that I know. We started off well but we are on a big losing streak so, we might make the finals, but we won't finish in the top ranks again like last year

Better luck next time, as they always say

Number1ChanseyFan
25th May 2003, 12:21 PM
I must admit that I am not very proud of the Cleveland Indians and their 17-31 record. This team has way too many rookies on it, and most of the time they look like they have no clue about what they are supposed to be doing!! Sometimes they figure things out and they can play pretty good once in awhile. I went to the game last Friday (May 16) and they beat the Oakland A's, and they had one of the best pitchers pitching for them, Mark Mulder. C.C. Sabathia has done a terrific job as Cleveland's number 1 starter, he will probably be in the All-Star game if he keeps pitching the way he has so far. And of course, like all Indians fans, I love Omar Vizquel and Brian Anderson, although Anderson is really stuggling lately. Maybe in a couple of years, these rookies will start to come together and make a good team, but as far as this year goes, I just hope that we can avoid losing 100 games. At least Detroit is in the American League Central Division along with the Indians, so I don't have to worry about the Indians finishing in last place!! Yay!! :)