PDA

View Full Version : DBZ/GT CCG topic

Master Rudy
23rd May 2003, 10:55 AM
Well seeing that the old one is gone due to a lack of things to discuss I figured what better time to bring the topic back than with the Buu Saga pre-release. For those of you that don't know it's this weekend at most stores. Any thoughts on the new cards? Could Buu be the deadlist villain they've ever made for the game? Is Gotenks power level of 7 million at level one too strong? What about the new mastery cards?

In the meantime I'm going to get to work on posting one of my decks here. Keep an eye open for that in the near future ^_~

pokemasterfrank
27th May 2003, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by SSJ Rudy
Well seeing that the old one is gone due to a lack of things to discuss I figured what better time to bring the topic back than with the Buu Saga pre-release. For those of you that don't know it's this weekend at most stores. Any thoughts on the new cards? Could Buu be the deadlist villain they've ever made for the game? Is Gotenks power level of 7 million at level one too strong? What about the new mastery cards?

In the meantime I'm going to get to work on posting one of my decks here. Keep an eye open for that in the near future ^_~

I haven't had time to look at the cards but I'm assuming its good.

Also, on the website, it says there's a tour this year, and it seems its coming to my town :D. Trunks and Majin Buu are the VAs coming too :o. Maybe I should try to get a copy of Trunks and Majin Buu and get em signed :o, lol.

09/13/2003 Lloyd Center Mall
2201 Lloyd Center
Portland OR
Eric Vale: Trunks
Josh Martin: Majin Buu

So, anyone else gonna try to go to the tour?

Asilynne
27th May 2003, 09:08 PM
Can I have a link to that site?

If Trunks's voice actor is going to be on the tour, you can bet if its anywhere near me I WILL go ^-^ I want to get his autograph!!

Plus that I heard from Rudy that theres going to be 2 different power charts for the buu saga, what do you guys think of that? I think it sounds pretty cool ^-^

squirtlemaster
31st May 2003, 04:39 AM
its http://www.dbzcardgame.com

anyways, anyone plan on playing the world championships, at gencon, indianapolis, indiana in late july??

pokemasterfrank
31st May 2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by squirtlemaster
its http://www.dbzcardgame.com

anyways, anyone plan on playing the world championships, at gencon, indianapolis, indiana in late july??

The regionals came to Game Storm (Portland Gaming Convention) this year, but it was too late to pay the 20 bucks to get in :/.

pokemasterfrank
4th July 2003, 02:32 AM
Not to double post, but I'm going to revive this thing...

Blue Vegeta Deck

Main Personality (4)
Vegeta, the Powerful (Cell Saga)
Vegeta, the All Powerful (Cell Saga)
Vegeta, the Last Prince (Cell Saga)
Vegeta, Ascendent (Cell Saga)

Mastery (1)- Blue Style Mastery (CS)

Dragon Balls(3)
Dende Dragon Ball 1
Dende Dragon Ball 2
Dende Dragon Ball 4

Personalities(3)
Chapuchai Lv. 1 (WG)
Tien, the Swift (CS)
Tien, the Quick (CS)

Physical Combat (39)
x1 Captain Ginyu Moves to Attack! (TS)
x3 Blue Back Kick (WG)
x2 Blue Evasion (CS)
x1 Blue Ground Holding (SS)
x1 Hidden Power Level (SS)
x2 Blue Driving Face Off (TS)
x1 Krillin Takes a Shot (TS)
x1 Blue Forearm Block (WG)
x3 Blue Fist Strike (CS)
x2 Blue Forced Punch (CG)
x3 Blue Forward Foot Sweep (SS)
x1 Yajirobe's Physical Attack (SS)
x1 Goku's Attack (Burger King Promo)
x1 Blue Left Cross Punch (CS)
x1 Blue Wrist Block (CS)
x2 Blue Fire Kick (WG)
x3 Blue Flight (CS)
x3 Blue Backflip (CS)
x1 Blue Flip (CS)
x3 Blue Swift Dodge (CS)
x2 Blue Evasion (CS)
x1 Blue Palm Shot (CS)

Energy Combat (11)
x3 Krillin's Kamehameha Outburst (TS)
x2 Garlic Jr's Energy Blast (TS)
x1 Blue Thunder Flash (WG)
x1 Blue Big Whirl Throw (SS)
x1 Straining Ankle Smash Move (SS)
x3 Blue Sliding Dodge (CS)

Combat (7)
x1 Smokescreen (CS)
x1 Tien's Ready (TS)
x1 Something Dangerous is Coming (CG)
x1 Cell's Draining (CG)
x1 Deadly Attack (CG)
x2 Blue Awakening (TS)

Non-Combat (13)
x2 Capsule Corp. Ship (CS)
x2 Krillin's Thoughts (CS)
x2 Heroes' Discovery (CS)
x1 Goku's Ready (TS)
x1 King Kai Training (SS)
x1 Power Up! (SS)
x1 Piccolo's Determination (CS)
x1 Fall 7 Times, get up 8 times. (SS)
x2 Blue Happiness (CCPP)

Drills (3)
x1 Blue Neck Restraint Drill (SS)
x1 Blue Deceiving Drill (SS)
x1 Blue Diving Punch Drill (CS)

EDIT: yep, 84 :o

Master Rudy
7th July 2003, 12:18 AM
Oddly enough I just made a comment elsewhere saying that this topic was dead. Truthfully I didn't expect to see it revived on one of my random TCG visits. However seeing that it's up I guess I might as well take a look at this deck Frank.

First things first. Unless I made a serious mistake in adding up the numbers then this deck is over the legal limit for tournament play. The number of cards in your deck adds up to about 104. The current limit is 85 cards (90 if you declare Namekian TW/Mastery). Some major cuts are going to need to be made with this deck Frank.

As far as the deck itself I'm going to need to admit something here. Blue is not one of my better styles. I tend to prefer Red (I currently have three Red decks), Saiyan (Two Saiyan decks)and Black (just one at the moment). Even so I'm going to try my best to make some suggestions here. First off is the choice in MP. The last time Vegeta has gotten a new set of personality cards was back in the World Games. Your using the set from the Cell Saga. While I'm not saying it's a bad pick Frank you might want to watch your power levels with this Vegeta. Buu is able to hit everyone hard. If you still want to use this Vegeta then go right ahead. However if you need something with more punch then try Majin Vegeta if you've got a good number of Majin cards. Now that he's a Rogue that means you can have a hero that can use those hard hitting Majin cards. Just keep in mind that a switch to Majin Vegeta will be at the cost of your allies. As a hero Majin Vegeta can't have any due to the rule stating that Majins can only use other Majins as allies.

Next is the choice in the mastery. While I still feel the Cell Saga version of Blue is one of the best I feel that you've got better options open to you. Right now it's looking like this deck is focused on physical attacks. If you can get a copy I'd suggest a switch to the new Blue Mastery from the Buu Saga:

Power-All of your Blue Style physical attacks do +2 life cards of damage. During your "Defender Defends" phase you may remove any amount of Blue Style cards in your discard pile from the game instead of using a Defense. Prevent 2 life cards of damage from the attack for each Blue Style card removed.

This is a pretty damn good mastery for both attack and defense. First off all your blue physicals will do at least 2 life cards if they hit. As for defense as long as you've got a discard pile with blue cards in it you should be in pretty decent shape. Granted your opponent will get their 'if successful' effects but there will be cases where you'll take no damage. Plus it can be used more than once per combat unlike the Cell Saga version. In addition if you don't mind letting your opponent having if successful effects you can focus a bit less on defensive cards and go more towards attacking. So far out of all the new masteries this is the one I hate the most. If someone has 25 blue cards in their discard pile that means they pretty much can't be touched. This mastery was made for outlasting people. While it's good it does have weaknesses. Watch out for cards that will disable your mastery for the rest of combat. Cards that remove your discard pile are also bad. As far as personalities to watch out for Chibi Trunks at level four and Pui Pui at level three are both very bad. Trunks can remove your discard pile from the game making the defesive part of the mastery useless. As for Pui Pui his power does damage based on how many cards are in your remove from game pile. I've been hit by attacks from him doing anywhere from 20-60 life cards of damage. He may be weak physically but the only thing Pui Pui needs to put someone away is one or two combats at level three and a huge removed pile. Keep in mind that this mastery is no replacement for defense. You won't have to focus on blocking as much but be sure to have those cards ready just in case.

As far as attacking goes here are some blue cards to keep in mind if you do manage to get this mastery Frank. Not only are most of these card easy to get but they also cover everything from lowering anger, raising your own anger, capturing Dragon Balls, breaking defense shields and stopping your opponents powers for the rest of combat:

Blue Pivot Kick (CG)
Blue Forced Punch (CG)
Blue Fist Smash (CG)
Blue Smirk (AS)
Blue Fire Kick (WG)
Blue Flight (CS)
Blue Belly Kick (Buu)

As for allies if you do stick with normal Vegeta here's a list you should keep in mind Frank. I don't have exact names on me at the moment but you should have the general idea. This list assumes your sticking with four levels of Vegeta ^_~

Tien's level one from the Cell Saga
Krillin's level one from the Cell Saga
Goku's level two from the Cell Saga
Chibi Trunks' level two from the World Games
Future Trunks level two from the Cell Saga

I recommended Tien and Krillin since both are easy to get and can make good allies in any deck. Also the Cell Saga Krillin was made for blue. Goku was suggested since he can draw the botton card of your discard pile and lower your opponent's anger one level. Both versions of Trunks that I mentioned can attack twice in one combat. Future Trunks has a physical attack he can use twice while Chibi has an energy attack. Any one of these allies would be a good pick. Also if you opt for the level two allies try to get a copy of Blue Gambit (Buu Saga). While it's in play you can play allies that are two levels higher than you into play. In other words you don't have to be at level two to place your level two allies.

For now however it seems like it might be a good deck Frank. However the big problem is that your over the limit. Try to see what you can cut out from it and repost the new deck when you've got 85 cards in it. I'll make more suggestions then ^_~

pokemasterfrank
8th July 2003, 02:44 PM
I counted 84 o_o The other night I counted 86 so I took one out XD

Master Rudy
8th July 2003, 07:54 PM
Sorry about that Frank. I honestly don't know where the 104 came from. Perhaps I hit the 2 button on my calculator twice resulting in an error?

Anyway if you guys haven't been to the official CCG website you might want to make it a point to do so soon. Score has started their preview for the Fusion Saga. This week will be one card a day. Next week will be two cards. The third week will be three and the final week will be four a day. On Fridays they will release double the usual amount for that week. Anyway as we know Score claims that Fusion will have some of the strongest cards ever seen in the DBZ CCG. After just the first two previews alone I think I'll have to agree with them.

Majin Buu, Evil Buu
Level one personality
Common
Max PL-4,500,000
Min PL-3,600,000
PUR-2
Power-Physical attack doing +3 power stages of damage. Gain 5 power stages. If stopped, draw a card.

Back when I saw Buu's level four and learned it was only an uncommon I asked myself "Can Score get any more evil than this?" From the looks of things they did. Not only is the original Buu getting a new personality card but the damn thing is a COMMON CARD! Truthfully I don't like the fact that Buu is this damn strong. Plus you've also got to consider the fact that recently many of the cards that allow you to draw extra cards were added to the Banned/Restricted list. The only exception to the changes are all of the Majin cards. It's as if Score WANTS Buu to be unstoppable! Like many players I'm losing my mind over here. However I can understand it to an extent. If you really think about it Buu was unstoppable in the anime. I just hope that Gohan and Vegeto are at least equal to him. On the bright side of things you do have to consider that this is a common card. If a common is going to be this good then what about rare cards and UR's?

Release
Combat card
Common
Power-Endurance 1. Sensei Deck.
Raise your Main Personality to his highest power stage. Discard all cards attached to all personalities in play. Place the bottom card of your discard pile on the bottom of your Life Deck.

Before this the only way to stop any of the new Gambit cards was with Trunks Energy Sphere. Now we're got a new option for getting rid of those along with other cards such as Saiyan Inspection and Goku's Heart Diasese. I'm expecting to see this one get played quite a bit in the future.

Anyway I guess the only thing left to do now is discuss the new cards ^_~

Asilynne
20th July 2003, 12:40 AM
Ok, Heres my first official TW deck ^-^ Its a red Android 18 deck and Ive only played with it once so I really dont know how good it is in the long run ^-^()

~~Main Personality-Android 18 (Cell Saga)~~

~Mastery~
Red Style Mastery (Buu)

~Dragon Balls~
Alt. Dende DB #1
Alt. Dende DB #6

~Personality cards~
1)Android 18
2)Android 18, the Model
3)Android 18, the Machine

~Allies~
Vinegar (LV1)
Dodoria (LV1)

~Location~
Majin Babidis Ship

~Combat cards~
Time is a Warriors Tool
Garlic Jrs Black water mist
Krillins flight

~Non-Combat cards~
Friezas Powering Rage(2)
Android 20 Powers Up
Energy Gathering (2)
Powerful Followers
King Colds End
Burters Power Stance
Piccolo Honor Duel!
Friezas Spirit
Spice and his Friends
Krillins Concentration

~Drill cards~
Red gravity Drill
Red Meditation Drill
Jeices style Drill
Friezas Influencing Drill
Red Implosion Drill
Yajirobes gifting Drill
No, Really? Drill
Red Joker Drill

~Energy Combat cards~
Energy Ricochet
Red Ball Throw
Jeice Flash Attack(2)
Trunks Sword Position 3
Friezas Aura Shot
Red Energy Rings
Red Energy Shield(2)
Recoome Boom
Red Energy Disk
Red Energy Disk Blasting
Just Kidding(2)
Friezas finger tip energy blast
Chiaotzus Energy Manipulation
Good Advice
Piccolos Revenge
Red Kienzan Discs
Red Side Kick
Straining Force Positioning Move
Straining Focusing Move
Red Energy Blast

~Physical Combat cards~
Red Power Block
Red Shattering Leap
Red Fist Catch
Garlic Jrs Kyokaika Technique
Straining Outburst Move(2)
Trunks Draws Steel
Red lunge punch(2)
Red elbow Strike
Yamchas Physical Defense
Piccolos Physical Defense
Red Knife Hand
Red Uppercut
Red Slide
Red Forearm Block
Red Front Kick
Carpet Attack Technique
Red Knee Eruption
Red Implosion Lunge(2)
Trunks Strikes
Red Palm Heel Strike(2)
Red Back Kick
Red Resistance
Red Reverse Punch(2)
Red Power Rush
Trunks High Strike

Asilynne
21st July 2003, 07:04 PM
I edited my deck a bit (since I was told I couldnt have Majin allies unless I was a Majin and also I got a Red Style Mastery ^v^) I have a feeling Ill edit this deck a lot more before Im done, so next time I do Ill just repost it rather than keep editing that post ^-^()

pokemasterfrank
29th July 2003, 11:08 PM
Well, after purchasing a Buu Saga Villians Starter, I got Majin Buu and decided to build a new deck...

Main Personality (4)
Majin Buu (BU 197)
Majin Buu (BU 198)
Majin Buu, Pink People Eater (BU)
Majin Buu (BU 114)

Mastery (1)
Red Style Mastery (CS)

Dragon Balls (4)
Dende Dragon Ball 1 (CS)
Alt. Dende Dragon Ball 2 (BU)
Dende Dragon Ball 3 (CS)
Dende Dragon Ball 4 (CS)

Drills (4)
x2 Android 20 Absorbing Drill (TS)
x1 Red Knee Pick Drill (SS)
x1 Meditation Drill (SS)

Physical Combat (38)
x2 Red Passive Block (BU)
x2 Trunks Swiftly Moving (TS)
x2 Gohan's Stance (CS)
x1 Red Energy Defensive Stance (WG)
x1 King Cold's Sword Trick (TS)
x2 Red Round Kick (SS)
x3 Red Back Kick (SS)
x2 Red Shattering Leap (TS)
x1 Majin Head Blow (BU)
x2 Red Jump (CS)
x1 Red Arm Swipe (BU)
x1 Red Knife Hand (SS)
x1 Red Pressure Technique (BU)
x1 Red Flight (CS)
x1 Majin Buu's Stomach Throw (BU)
x1 Cell's Swift Strike (CG)
x2 Red Power Strike (CS)
x1 Gohan's Physical Attack (SS)
x2 Red Flight (CS)
x1 Red Overbearing Attack (INF)
x1 Righteous Strike (BS)
x1 Red Air Kick (BS)
x1 Red Offensive Stance (CS)
x2 Red Fist Catch (BU)
x1 Red Power Block (BU)
x1 Yamcha's Right Cross (AS)

Energy Combat (9)
x1 Red Side Kick (SS)
x1 Spice Prepares an Energy Blast (TS)
x2 Red Energy Shield (TS)
x1 Red Ball Throw (BU)
x1 Red Vigor Orb (BU)
x1 Majin Demise (BU)
x1 Good Advice (FS)
x1 Krillin's Heat Seeking Blast (TS)

Combat (11)
x1 Time is a Warrior's Tool (FS)
x1 Smokescreen (CS)
x3 Exhaustion (CS)
x1 Drills Are For The Weak (TS)
x1 Whiplash (BU)
x1 Vegeta's Suprise Defense (SS)
x1 Mother's Touch (SS)
x1 Vinegar's Revenge (TS)
x1 Nappa's Blinding Stare (SS)

Non-Combat (13)
x2 Burning Rage (SS)
x1 Trunks Prepares (CS)
x1 Energy Gathering (BU)
x2 Goku's Touch (SS)
x1 Cookie! (BU)
x1 Krillin's Trick (BK)
x1 Krillin's Thoughts (CS)
x1 Don't You Just Hate That (TS)
x1 Terrible Wounds (SS)
x2 It's the Little Things That Matter (SS)

84 Cards. Rate, fix, comment, or just ignore, lol

pokemasterfrank
29th July 2003, 11:24 PM
Here's my frightfully similiar Gohan Deck...

Main Personality (4)
Gohan, the Champion (CS)
Gohan, the Swift (CS)
Gohan, Super Saiyan (CS)
Gohan, Ascendant (CS)

Mastery (1)
Red Style Mastery (CS)

Dragon Balls (4)
Dende Dragon Ball 1 (CS)
Alt. Dende Dragon Ball 2 (BU)
Dende Dragon Ball 3 (CS)
Dende Dragon Ball 4 (CS)

Personalities (3)
Chi-Chi (SS)
Goku, the Saiyan (CS)
Kid Trunks (BU)

Drills (4)
x2 Android 20 Absorbing Drill (TS)
x1 Red Knee Pick Drill (SS)
x1 Meditation Drill (SS)
x1 Vegeta's Quickness Drill (SS)

Physical Combat (34)
x2 Red Passive Block (BU)
x1 Gohan's Stance (CS)
x1 Red Energy Defensive Stance (WG)
x1 King Cold's Sword Trick (TS)
x2 Red Round Kick (SS)
x3 Red Back Kick (SS)
x2 Red Jump (CS)
x1 Red Knife Hand (SS)
x1 Red Pressure Technique (BU)
x1 Red Flight (CS)
x1 Red Power Strike (CS)
x2 Red Flight (CS)
x1 Red Overbearing Attack (INF)
x1 Righteous Strike (BS)
x1 Red Air Kick (BS)
x1 Red Offensive Stance (CS)
x2 Red Fist Catch (BU)
x1 Red Power Block (BU)

Energy Combat (9)
x1 Red Side Kick (SS)
x1 Spice Prepares an Energy Blast (TS)
x1 Red Vigor Orb (BU)
x1 Good Advice (FS)
x1 Heroic Kamehameha (BU)
x1 Red Fast Ball (BU)

Combat (8)
x1 Smokescreen (CS)
x2 Exhaustion (CS)
x1 Drills Are For The Weak (TS)
x1 Vegeta's Suprise Defense (SS)
x1 Mother's Touch (SS)

Non-Combat (17)
x2 Burning Rage (SS)
x1 Trunks Prepares (CS)
x1 Energy Gathering (BU)
x2 Goku's Touch (SS)
x1 Krillin's Trick (BK)
x1 Krillin's Thoughts (CS)
x1 Don't You Just Hate That (TS)
x1 Terrible Wounds (SS)
x2 It's the Little Things That Matter (SS)
x3 Ally Rescue (CS)
x1 King Kai’s Thoughts (TS)
x1 King Kai Training (SS)

EDIT: Got a trade today ^_^ Vegeta's Quickness Drill

pokemasterfrank
7th October 2003, 08:51 PM
Anyway...

http://www.pdxgames.com/

Regionals are in Portland again this year (y). I'm going to try to get in, and win a few if I can.

Anyway, now I have a discussion idea (that would help very much with my Deck ^_^;;;;).

Gohan Lv. 1 CS vs Gohan Lv. 1 Buu

The Cell Saga Gohan has pretty decent Power stages and has the power to draw cards. Hand advantage (y). But Buu Saga Gohan has more consistant power stages and has a better PUR. Also, it has a +3 physical, I think o_O.

Gohan Lv. 2 CS vs. Gohan Lv. 2 Buu

Now, CS Gohan is leet. You can pick a phys or ene. combat of your choice from your deck to use, which is very nice, though the stages are inconsistant (span over three "rank", I guess you could say), not to mention its a bit lacking in the max power level. Buu Gohan has that instead of power up, you can gain back life cards, or something like that >_>

Gohan Lv. 3 CS HT vs Gohan Lv. 3 Buu

CS Gohan has a +5 phys plus can remove any Non-Combat on the field from the game (y) Defuse stuff, kill evil Drills (I think thats legal o_O), etc. Same problems as above. Buu Gohan does a 5 life card energy attack and costs only one to perform. But, the CS Gohan has more power stages to utilize...hmm...

Gohan Lv. 4 CS vs Gohan Lv. 4 Fusion

Heh, I think this is no contest...Gohan Level for has an energy I think that costs nothing and does 4 life and 4 stages, while Fusion does a phys, +5 stages or 7 life. Fusion Gohan's power level is 2x CS Gohans >_>...and has a PUR of 6 o_o

Lv. Five...yeah...Fusion almost doubles everything compaired to the CS one...

Asilynne
27th November 2003, 11:35 PM
Well since Im proud of this deck I figured Id post it ^v^ And I still want to try it out with you as my victim Rudy ^-~

Goku Swordplay Deck

Lv. 1 and 2 Goku (buu saga, high tech)
Lv. 3 Goku, Super Saiyan 2

Red Style Mastery (buu)
Goku Sensei (no sensei deck yet ^-^() )

Physical attacks
Red power strike (2)
Red Driving Jab
Red power block (2)
Red knee eruption
Red flight
Red back kick
Red fist catch (3)
Red power rush
Red forearm block
Red resistance
Red reverse punch (2)
Red implosion lunge (2)
Red front kick
Red feint
Red knife hand
Red clap
Red slide
Red pressure technique
Red shattering leap (2)
Red passive block
Red palm heel strike (2)
Red uppercut
Red puppy slap (3)
Red side step (2)
Trunks swiftly moving
Stupendous Strike

Energy attacks
Red energy rings
Red side kick
Red energy shield (3)
Red energy disk
Red energy disk blasting
Red energy blast
Red vigor orb
Gokus supreme kamehameha
Good advice
straining focusing move
Jeice flash attack

Combat cards
Red power slam
Time is a warriors tool

Non combat cards
Red meditation drill
Red kaio ken drill
Red implosion drill
Red bullrush drill
Red penetratiing defense drill
Fond memories
Trunks finds the answer
Heros lucky break

Swordplay cards ^v~
Gohans Swordplay drill
Gohans sword sweep
Gohans sword slash (2)
Red sword cleave(2)
Gohans sword thrust (2)
Focused sword strike
King colds sword trick
Trunks sword position 1 (3)
Trunks sword position 3 (2)
Trunks sword position 4 (3)

So, hows it look? ^-~

pokemasterfrank
11th January 2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Asilynne
Well since Im proud of this deck I figured Id post it ^v^ And I still want to try it out with you as my victim Rudy ^-~

Goku Swordplay Deck

Lv. 1 and 2 Goku (buu saga, high tech)
Lv. 3 Goku, Super Saiyan 2

Red Style Mastery (buu)
Goku Sensei (no sensei deck yet ^-^() )

Physical attacks
Red power strike (2)
Red Driving Jab
Red power block (2)
Red knee eruption
Red flight
Red back kick
Red fist catch (3)
Red power rush
Red forearm block
Red resistance
Red reverse punch (2)
Red implosion lunge (2)
Red front kick
Red feint
Red knife hand
Red clap
Red slide
Red pressure technique
Red shattering leap (2)
Red passive block
Red palm heel strike (2)
Red uppercut
Red puppy slap (3)
Red side step (2)
Trunks swiftly moving
Stupendous Strike

Energy attacks
Red energy rings
Red side kick
Red energy shield (3)
Red energy disk
Red energy disk blasting
Red energy blast
Red vigor orb
Gokus supreme kamehameha
Good advice
straining focusing move
Jeice flash attack

Combat cards
Red power slam
Time is a warriors tool

Non combat cards
Red meditation drill
Red kaio ken drill
Red implosion drill
Red bullrush drill
Red penetratiing defense drill
Fond memories
Trunks finds the answer
Heros lucky break

Swordplay cards ^v~
Gohans Swordplay drill
Gohans sword sweep
Gohans sword slash (2)
Red sword cleave(2)
Gohans sword thrust (2)
Focused sword strike
King colds sword trick
Trunks sword position 1 (3)
Trunks sword position 3 (2)
Trunks sword position 4 (3)

So, hows it look? ^-~

Pretty good, lol. I just played against it, lol. Anyway, I think you should pull out your Red Implosion Drill. Your deck is more Physical Oriented, so I think you don't need that in there. And from our battle, I remember you had some Physicals that don't have modifiers, which can always be improved :o Dig around the sagas, there are +3 reds everywhere, lol...and many of them raise anger :o (going from memory now...cause I'm too lazy to look up the cards on deckzone...its so slow right now x_x) Also, since you run a Goku Sensei, I think you should utilize the anger raising more, lol. You only got to Level 2 when I was 3 anger away from a MPPV :P And you need more Physical Blocks, and definately more omniblocks. *nods* All I have to say for now :o

EDIT: Oh, and you need more of those Gohan Swordplay Drill's...and a few copies of that Trunks one :o And Gohan's Sword Slash I think it is, to pull out Gohan Swordplay Drill. And maybe Hero's Lucky Break to yank out the Swordplay Drills quicker :o And now that I think of it, if you're running Swordplay, you'd want the Drills to stay in play, so you'd want to stop the anger raising :o

pokemasterfrank
28th January 2004, 07:29 PM
Anyway, not to double post...but if I had edited, this would have never been noticed >_>

Anyway, I'm planning to go to the Regionals in my town in March. I have two decks prepared, one regular, and one Tuff Enuff. Posting here, give me some input ^_^ Same decks I posted at Deck-Zone, so if this looks quite familar, then...you know why >_>

Red Gohan Anger/Beatdown Hybrid

Main Personality (4)
Gohan, the Champion (CS)
Gohan, the Swift (CS)
Gohan, Super Saiyan (CS)
Gohan, Mystic Empowered (Fusion)

Besides the fact that I haven't had time to hunt down new Gohan's, I think I prefer these personalities more. I have this deep hatred for teen/adult Gohan >_> Anyway, Gohan Levels 1 and 2 from CS give a pretty good hand advantage. Level 3 gives me Non-combat removal, so I can de-fuse and remove drills. Level 4 should just give me the win, though if not, high power stages for beatdown :D

Mastery (1)
Red Style Mastery (CS)

I'm using Cell Saga Red Style Mastery. It's the only one I have, and it suits the purpose of beatdown, so (y)

Dragon Balls (6)
Alt. Dende Dragon Ball 1 (Buu)
Alt. Dende Dragon Ball 2 (Buu)
Dende Dragon Ball 3 (CS)
Dende Dragon Ball 4 (CS)
Alt. Dende Dragon Ball 5 (Buu)
Alt. Dende Dragon Ball 6 (Buu)

I'm scrounging around for a DDB7/ADDB7. ADDB1 for Anger, ADDB2 for Beatdown, DDB3 is awesome, DDB4 for ally removal.

Allies (1)
Chi-Chi (Lv. 1, SS)

Chi-Chi is a very nice personality when used with Gohan. There for protection from physical.

Drills (2)
x1 Android 20 Absorbing Drill (TS)

Vegeta's Quickness Drill is pretty nice. And A20AD for Energy Protection, which much needed in Red Decks.

Non-Combat (10)
x1 Healing Magic (Buu)
x3 Burning Rage (SS)
x1 Krillin's Trick (Burger King Promo)
x1 Hercule's Dream Sequence (KB)
x2 Energy Gathering (Buu)
x1 Goku's Lucky Break (SS)
x1 Terrible Wounds (SS)

Healing Magic just in case Chi-Chi goes to the discard (plus, it gives nice regeneration). Burning Rage is for the regeneration and anger. Krillin's Trick is to steal Dragon Balls that could be benifitial for me. Hercule's Dream Sequence is a block that can be left till needed, and with all the high power level personalities out there (Buu, Broly, etc), I could use its nice secondary effect...though I hope I wont need it. Energy Gathering is for regeneration. Goku's Lucky Break gives me a chance to pull out a DB I need and Terrible Wounds is for against other anger decks.

Combat (7)
x1 Drills Are For the Weak (TS)
x1 Vegeta's Surprise Defense (SS)
x1 Red Double Strike (WG)
x1 Smokescreen (CS)
x1 Mother's Touch (SS)

Seems pretty self explanitory...

Physical Combat (41)
x1 Majin Vegeta's Frantic Attack (BS)
x1 Goku's Flight (KB)
x2 Vegito's Drop Kick (Fusion)
x2 Red Palm Heel Strike (SS)
x3 Red Flight (CS)
x1 Red Force Punch (Buu)
x2 Red Fist Catch (Buu)
x1 Unpredictable (CCPP2)
x2 Red Forearm Block (Babidi)
x3 Red Back Kick (SS)
x1 Red Knife Hand (SS)
x2 Red Reverse Punch (SS)
x2 Red Energy Defensive Stance (WG)
x3 Red Passive Block (Buu)
x2 Red Power Strike (CS)
x1 Red Overbearing Attack (GBA Promo)
x1 Red Pressure Technique (Buu)
x1 Red Whiplash (Fusion)
x1 Red Knee Bash (AS)
x1 Red Slide (Babidi)
x1 Red Power Block (Buu)

Most here are +3/+4 Red attacks that raise 1-2 anger. For some reason...I found 2 or 3 energy blocks that are Physical Combat o_O *shrugs* And I love the Red Blocks that featured in Buu Saga. Does damage for blocking :D

Energy Combat (12)
x2 Goku Swiftly Moving (Buu)
x1 Red Rapid Energy (Fusion)
x1 Gohan's Energy Defense (SS)
x1 Red Fastball (Buu)
x1 Red Vigor Orb (Buu)
x1 Red Energy Blast (TS)
x1 Heroic Kamehameha (Buu)
x1 Good Advice (FS)

Yep...pretty self-explanitory here as well...

Sensei (1)
North Kai Sensei (WG)

I wish I had a South Kai Sensei to pull out Chi-Chi faster, then I could pull out a few blocks and add more attacks. Still, at least I have a sensei...and a pretty good one.

Sensei Deck (13)
x1 Red Videl's Elbow Smash (WG)
x1 Horrified (Buu)
x1 Red Solar Flare (WG)
x1 Paused Pose (Fusion)
x1 Majin Buu's Loogie (Tin Promo)
x1 Den-Goku (Fusion)
x1 Heroic Head Kick (Buu)
x1 Breakthrough Drill (CS)
x2 Red Cross Punch (Buu)
x1 Red Thrusting Beam (Babidi)
x1 Heroic Block (WG)
x1 Red Aggression (WG)

I added most of the cards here just to fill it up, to tell you the truth. Solar Flare for Blue Decks. Paused Pose for Fusion. Majin Buu Loogie for Anger/Beatdowns as they'll have stuff like Majin Vegeta's Frantic Attack, Red Overbearing, and other stuff like that. Den-Goku is filler >_> Breakthrough is there for Saiyan (I really hate Saiyan Truce Card...). Red Cross Punch is for filler (as it would kinda mess up anger raising...and I have very little focused attacks). Red Thrusting is for No Style and Heroic Block for Majins. Woo...fillerness of dhoom.

Deck Size: 85
Total: 98

And here's the Tuff Enuff deck...

Blue Buu Tuff Enuff

Main Personality (4)
Majin Buu, Evil Buu (Fusion)
Majin Buu, Super Buu (Fusion)
Majin Buu, Pink People Eater (Buu)
Majin Buu (Level 4, Buu)

Don’t have any Kid Buu’s, though they are quite awesome. I plan to stay at Level 1 to keep some drills in play, though the levels 3 and 4 are quite nice.

Mastery (1)
Blue Style Mastery (CS)

Someone suggested to me the Buu Saga one, but I don’t have one, lol. I think this one does fine though.

Dragon Balls (3)
Dende Dragon Ball 1 (CS)
Dende Dragon Ball 2 (CS)
Dende Dragon Ball 4 (CS)

All the spare DDB I have, lol

Allies (2)
Majin Vegeta (Level 1, Babidi)
Majin Bibidi, the Mastermind (KB)

Some ally support.

Drills (5)
x1 Blue Biting Drill (KB)
x1 Orange Discharge Drill (KB)
x1 Krillin's Coolness Drill (Tuff Enuff)
x1 Black Groveling Drill (KB)

I really like those Kid Buu Drills. You can stick them in any deck, and they have nice effects. +2 from all of those Kid Buu Drills, Biting does life cards for lowering anger, Discharge give PUR, and Groveling gives defense. (y)

Non-Combat (6)
x2 Cookie! (Buu)
x1 Blue Happiness (CCPP1)
x1 Android 20 is Caught Off Guard (AS)
x1 Goku’s Ready (TS)
x1 Ally Rescue (CS)

Blue Happiness is an awesome card. A Buu necessity is Cookie!. Have some Ally stuff and Deck Searching.

Combat (5)
x2 Blue Awakening (TS)
x1 Release (Fusion)
x1 Majin Buu’s Invincibility
x1 Something Dangerous is Coming! (CG)

I love Blue Awakening. Its one of the best regeneration for Blue, IMO. Release is very nice, Majin Buu Invincibility is another Buu staple. SDiC is for ally search/removal.

Physical Combat (42)
x3 Blue Evasion (CS)
x1 Majin Knee Strike (WG)
x1 Blue One-Arm Shoulder Throw (SS)
x3 Majin’s Perfect Defense (WG)
x1 Blue Right Cross (AS)
x3 Blue Back Kick (WG)
x2 Blue Flip (errata from Blue Backflip, CS)
x2 Majin Head Blow (Buu)
x1 Blue Reflexes (Babidi)
x2 Blue Round Throw (SS)
x3 Blue Flight (CS)
x2 Blue High Block (Buu)
x1 Blue Betrayal (AS)
x2 Blue Slam (Buu)
x1 Majin Buu’s Heel Kick (Fusion)
x1 Majin Hand Clap (Buu)
x1 Blue Body Drop Throw (SS)
x1 Blue Fire Kick (WG)
x1 Blue Head Charge (CS)
x1 Blue Palm Shot (CS)
x1 Blue Stopping Technique (Fusion)
x1 Blue Straight Jab (CS)
x1 Blue Ground Holding (SS)
x1 Blue Wrist Block (CS)

The thing I like about Blue is that there are so many cards that do +4 and +5. Yep, mostly anger lowering +3/+4/+5 attacks.

Energy Combat (16)
x1 Broly’s Energy Burst (Broly Subset)
x2 Majin Demise (Buu)
x2 Blue Big Whirl Throw (SS)
x1 Tien’s Surprise Technique (Fusion)
x1 Blue Energy Guard (Fusion)
x1 Blue Thrusted Blast (CG)
x1 Blue Electrical Gunk (Buu)
x1 Majin Thrust (Fusion)
x1 Blue Healing Ray (Buu)
x1 Blue Draining Blast (Buu)
x1 Krillin’s Kamehameha Outburst (TS)

Blue Energy Guard = Favorite Energy Block. Too bad it couldn’t be for Red ;_; Anyway, should be pretty self-explanitory.

Deck Notes: Don’t have a Sensei for this one. If I can get my hands on a South Kai Sensei, then that’s going to the Red deck and the North Kai goes to this one.

Deck Size: 85

Yep, rate/fix, etc :o Thanks :o

Master Rudy
31st January 2004, 01:17 AM
Wow.....my CCG topic is still alive? I'll look after Frank's Gohan deck in a moment. Real quick note. Pretty soon I'll start using GT terms since the Baby Pre-release is less than a week away. I'll stick to Z terms for now but keep in mind that in the future when I say Setup cards I'm refering to Non-combats ^_~

Ok......first things first:
Main Personality
I've always been a fan of Gohan. With Z fully released now he's easily one of the best characters with many great combos. However in this day and age the level one Cell Saga Gohan is a risk to use. While it's a decent power keep in mind the following things:
1-It's as the defender only
2-It's not an "When entering....." effect
3-It takes one turn to use
4-It runs the risk of drawing something useless (Non-combat/Setup, Drill, Location/Battleground, Red Gambit, Allies or just about any other card that can't be used in the current situation)
Your other big weakness is PL's. If memory serves me correctly this Gohan can't stay up there for too long and drops below 650,000 fast. Those things considered I'd recommend a change to TS level one if you have it. You can easily get HP rule and the first turn. Plus with your Mastery you've got an attack doing up to +7 PS. Not bad for a level one if you can ignore the PL. Level two and three are still great. #2 gives you a chance to set up. Some things I've done with it include:
1-Pull out RSL or other big attacks on my turn
2-Set up defense as needed
The level three is also still very good. Freestyle Mastery hates this Gohan. However as with all Cell Saga characters you'll have low power levels when compared to the Buu Saga Saiyans(excluding the Chibis) and Buu. Finally we've got Gohan's best level four from the Fusion Saga. With a max PL of 9 million this one can take a beating and give one too. The power is also very good and isn't totally useless if you opponent has say.....an energy defense shield out.

Overall the personality set isn't bad. In fact if you switch to the TS Gohan for level one then it's the exact same set I currently use (minus Mystic Gohan for the level five). Your big problems are going to be power levels compared to the big boys on your 1-3. Even so people do win with characters such as Videl and Roshi so if it works for you stick with it. However I will warn you Frank. If Regionals becomes a Z/GT tournament then I'd recommend getting the Buu Saga levels for Gohan. He wouldn't last five minutes in a GT event.

Level 1-4/10 in the current envioment
Level 2-7/10
Level 3-9/10
Level 4-10/10
Level 5-NA
Overall it's not a bad set up for your levels. Level one could be better but the only big marks against it are PL's on level two and three. If it wasn't for PL's they would be at least 8 and 10 in my book.
Overall-30/40 or 7.5

I'd go onto the rest of the deck now but my time is a bit limited and I planned to post in one of the RPG's if I had the time to do so. I'll take a look at the rest of your Gohan deck another time Frank ^_~

pokemasterfrank
28th February 2004, 12:19 AM
I had made some changes to my deck since last posting... Organized them by alphabetical order this time for eaze of reference :o

Main Personality (4)
Gohan, the Champion (CS)
Gohan, the Swift (CS)
Gohan, Super Saiyan (CS)
Gohan, Mystic Empowered (Fusion)

My cousin says he can trade for a Gohan, the Bookworm for my deck. Dunno if I should use it or not. Yep...

Mastery (1)
Red Style Mastery (CS)

Sensei (1)
North Kai Sensei

Personalities (1)
Chi-Chi (SS)

Dragon Balls (6)
Alt. Dende Dragon Ball 1
Alt. Dende Dragon Ball 2
Dende Dragon Ball 3
Dende Dragon Ball 4
Alt. Dende Dragon Ball 5
Alt. Dende Dragon Ball 6

Looking for a DDB 7 or ADDB 7...

Drills (2)
x1 Android 20 Absorbing Drill (Gah...forgot the first time around...too lazy to check now...)

Setups (10)
x3 Burning Rage (SS)
x1 Goku's Lucky Break (SS)
x2 Energy Gathering (Buu)
x1 Healing Magic (Buu)
x1 Hercule's Dream Sequence (KB)
x1 Krillin's Trick (BK)
x1 Terrible Wounds (SS)

I've had a tendency in the past to overload my deck with Non-Com...I mean Setups (name changes >_>). Too many? Too little? Good enough?

Physical Combat (42)
x1 Goku's Flight (KB)
x1 Majin Vegeta's Frantic Attack (Babidi)
x3 Red Back Kick (SS)
x1 Red Elbow Drop (KB)
x3 Red Energy Defensive Stance (WG)
x2 Red Fist Catch (Buu)
x2 Red Flight (CS)
x1 Red Force Punch (Buu)
x2 Red Forearm Block (Babidi)
x1 Red Knee Bash (AS)
x1 Red Knife Hand (SS)
x1 Red Overbearing Attack (GBA)
x2 Red Palm Heel Strike (SS)
x3 Red Passive Block (Buu)
x1 Red Power Block (Buu)
x1 Red Power Rush (TS)
x2 Red Power Strike (CS)
x1 Red Pressure Technique (Buu)
x2 Red Reverse Punch (SS)
x1 Red Shifty Maneuver (CG)
x1 Red Slide (Babidi)
x1 Red Whiplash (Fusion)
x2 Vegito's Drop Kick (Fusion)

Energy Combat (11)
x1 Energy Ricochet (Buu)
x1 Gohan's Energy Defense (SS)
x1 Goku Swiftly Moving (Buu)
x1 Good Advice (FS)
x1 Red Energy Blast (TS)
x1 Red Fast Ball (Buu)
x1 Red Rapid Energy (Fusion)
x1 Red Vigor Orb (Buu)

Events (7)
x1 Drills Are For the Weak (TS)
x1 Mother's Touch (SS)
x1 Red Double Strike (WG)
x1 Smokescreen (CS)
x1 Vegeta's Surprise Defense (SS)

Sensei Deck (13)
x1 Breakthrough Drill (CS)
x1 Den-Goku (Fusion)
x1 Heroic Block (WG)
x1 Heroic Head Kick (Buu)
x1 Horrified (Buu)
x1 Majin Buu's Loogie (KB)
x1 Paused Pose (Fusion)
x1 Red Aggression (WG)
x2 Red Cross Punch (Buu)
x1 Red Solar Flare (WG)
x1 Red Thrusting Beam (Babidi)
x1 Red Videl Elbow Smash (WG)

I'll edit in the Blue deck later :o

---------------------------------------------------------
Main Personality (4)
Majin Buu, Evil Buu (Fusion)
Majin Buu, Super Buu (Fusion)
Majin Buu, Pink People Eater (Buu)
Majin Buu (Buu)

Mastery (1)
Blue Style Mastery (CS)

Personalities (2)
Majin Bibidi, the Mastermind (KB)
Majin Vegeta (Babidi)

Dragon Balls (3)
Dende Dragon Ball 1 (CS)
Dende Dragon Ball 2 (CS)
Dende Dragon Ball 4 (CS)

Drills (6)
x1 Black Groveling Drill (KB)
x1 Blue Biting Drill (KB)
x1 Krillin’s Coolness Drill (TE)
x1 Orange Discharge Drill (KB)

Setups (6)
x1 Ally Rescue (CS)
x1 Android 20 is Caught Off Guard (AS)
x1 Blue Happiness (GBA)
x2 Cookie! (Buu)
x1 Goku’s Ready (TS)

Physical Combat (42, weird, same as my Red Deck o_o creepy…)
x3 Blue Back Kick (WG)
x1 Blue Betrayal (AS)
x1 Blue Body Drop Throw (SS)
x3 Blue Evasion (CS)
x3 Blue Flight (CS)
x2 Blue Flip (CS; I think it was this one that was changed…the one that has the rejuv)
x1 Blue Ground Holding (CS)
x1 Blue Head Charge (CS)
x2 Blue High Block (Buu)
x1 Blue One-Arm Shoulder Throw (SS)
x1 Blue Palm Shot (CS)
x1 Blue Reflexes (Babidi)
x1 Blue Right Cross (AS)
x2 Blue Round Throw (SS)
x2 Blue Slam (Buu)
x1 Blue Straight Jab (CS)
x1 Blue Stopping Technique (Fusion)
x1 Blue Wrist Block (CS)
x1 Majin Buu’s Heel Kick (Fusion)
x1 Majin Hand Clap (Buu)
x2 Majin Head Blow (Buu)
x2 Majin Knee Strike (WG)
x3 Majin Perfect Defense (WG)

Energy Combat (16)
x2 Blue Big Whirl Throw (SS)
x1 Blue Draining Blast (Buu)
x1 Blue Electrical Gunk (Buu)
x1 Blue Energy Guard (Fusion)
x1 Blue Healing Ray (Buu)
x1 Blue Thrusted Blast (CG)
x1 Broly’s Energy Burst (Broly)
x1 Krillin’s Kamehameha Outburst (TS)
x2 Majin Demise (Buu)
x1 Majin Thrust (Fusion)
x1 Tien’s Surprise Technique (Fusion)

Events (5)
x2 Blue Awakening (TS)
x1 Majin Buu’s Invincibility (Buu)
x1 Release (Fusion)
x1 Something Dangerous is Coming! (CG)

pokemasterfrank
7th March 2004, 07:30 PM
Alright. The first wave of Regionals is over. Anyway, I went to this year's Oregon Regionals. I met some people that I didn't even know lived around here. There some people from even California o_O Crazy people that fly all the way from other states. Anyway, I entered with the deck posted in the post above, and went 2 for 6 in the Swiss rounds. I didn't make it for the elimination rounds, but it was fun, and I got some promos and some rares. Also bought and traded a few cards, so some decks got minor face lifts. Anyway...

Game 1: This was my first experience with an Orange Drill deck (as I can't find places to play DBZ >_>). The guy got Orange Haulting Drill out with his Mastery and Victorious Drill out before the game even started, shutting down both of my victory routes. He proceeded to yank out drills and keep them in play. Finally lost when he used Eternal Dragon Ball Quest and DB Victoried :/

Game 2: He played a Cell Ally Deck. He pulled out a few Cell Jr's early. I made the dumbest mistake and attacked Cell, bringing him to one above and allowing his Jr's to summon out more and then pummel me with a few +7, +8 attacks :/

Game 3: Red Anger vs Red Beatdown. With my lack of anger hate cards, I was pretty much wiped out :/ MPPVed :\

Game 4: This was one of the only wins I got :/ This person was running an Orange Videl Drill Deck. She pulled out Haulting Drill, as usual. Stopped me for a bit. I finally nuked it and proceeded to beatdown. Lucky for me, all of her drills were on the bottom of the deck ^_^;;;;

Game 5: I really hated this one. I was beating the crap out of this guy, who was using a Krillin Freestyle. He gets himself to Level 3 and blasts me down with two Krillin's Heat Seeking Blast for 30+ each because of his Level 3 power -_-

Game 6: Well, at least I one the last match I was in. The guy was running a Black Energy Deck. Evil as crap, since I can't block Energy very well. I got lucky and pulled out some psudoblocks and made sure to get to level 2 to search out Energy Stoppers (as well as Red Back Kick :D). MPPVed him.

I bought some cards between rounds and messed around with my decks, and also am creating a new one :D

[color=red]Main Personality (5)
Gohan (Baby 133)
Gohan, the Swift (Cell 165)
Gohan, Super Saiyan (Cell 192)
Gohan, Mystic Empowered (Fusion 101)
Gohan, Earth's Protector (Fusion 100)

[i]Finally have a full set of Gohan. Switched out my Level 1 for a stronger one and added a Level 5

Will Edit in decks later...

Master Rudy
7th March 2004, 11:00 PM
Sorry to hear about the loss Frank. The problem with regionals is the fact that you have no idea what to expect. You can set your deck up to be strong but then someone will pull out something out won't expect. My very first local tournament saw me take three losses total in swiss format. One was MPP (which was extremely F'ing cheap anyway), one was a loss against a friend that I was expecting and the third was a nasty Piccolo Beatdown/Ally/Goku's Farewell deck. Opening round the guy pulled Farewell and 2x Unexpected Company. Needless to say I saw that game go south in a hurry.

In any case despite the losses it seems like you had a good time man. Plus after just one tournament you tend to play a bit better in the long run when you start to see what some of the pros can do with their decks. Good luck with your next tournament in the future Frank ^_~

pokemasterfrank
17th March 2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Master Rudy

In any case despite the losses it seems like you had a good time man. Plus after just one tournament you tend to play a bit better in the long run when you start to see what some of the pros can do with their decks. Good luck with your next tournament in the future Frank ^_~

Yep. I couldn't believe how many Orange/Freestyle Drill decks there were out there. And practically everyone ran Level 5 -_- AND GT energies -_-;;; Hopefully my revised deck will fare better next time :o

Some guy got a Goku Lv. 5 when DT made his roundly rare-holo/ultra rare hand out o_o It twas funny/awesome.