PDA

View Full Version : DBZ: Am I the only one???? >_<

CobaltDragon
23rd May 2003, 08:28 PM
Am I really the only one in the WHOLE world who dislikes DBZ so much??? Everyone seems to LOVE it. I admit there are some funny parts when Gohan is at High School, but that's it. Is there anyone else here who dislikes DBZ??

*prays for at least one person*

Metal Claw
23rd May 2003, 09:14 PM
Cobalt Dragon,
You are a rare breed.
You are .001% of a population that suffers from Saiya-Jinphobia.

http://www.dbz-vortex.com/gallery/Dragonball Z/Goku/Level 3 Goku/goku031.jpg

In fact the image above should freak you out.

Seriously though, I love DBZ. You ARE the only one.....

-Dr. Metal Claw

CobaltDragon
23rd May 2003, 09:46 PM
>_<

That picture certainly does NOT freak me out...In fact its good animation, I just don't like DBZ as a.....whatever....baka. You just made up Saiya-Jinphobia just now didn't you?

Besides, I don't see what's so fascinating about a whole bunch of macho men with gigantic muscles, same goes for wrestling....bleh

Well at least I'm not being immature as to saying things like "DBZ SUX CRAP!" - I did not say that...

>_<

The Muffin Man
23rd May 2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by CobaltDragon
>_<

That picture certainly does NOT freak me out...In fact its good animation, I just don't like DBZ as a.....whatever....baka. You just made up Saiya-Jinphobia just now didn't you?
~Oh you are SO "azn" by calling him a baka...

Besides, I don't see what's so fascinating about a whole bunch of macho men with gigantic muscles, same goes for wrestling....bleh
So? I don't like any of the Gundam series outside of Gundam Wing, but I don't post and ask if anyone else hates it too on a website...it's your own damn opinion, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF...

CobaltDragon
23rd May 2003, 11:27 PM
>_<

gee...there's no need to get mad! heaps of people don't like gundam whatever..but no one hates dbz, so i wondered if there was actually anyone else..nothing wrong with that

are you mad about the fact that i hate dbz 'cause you like it or about the fact that i wanted to know if anyone else hated something?

i'm not trying to be rude or anything, but there are many people who post something about what they hate in this forum, so why don't you tell them to keep it to themselves? or make it a rule or something

:(... Powarun got to post a thread asking people what pokemon they hate...and like Powarun said, talking about what you hate does relieve stress. Its not good to keep it bottled up inside of you

>_< oh no! DBZ fans (which must be EVERYBODY) may want to start a petition to get me out of TPM!!!...baka

Red Angel
23rd May 2003, 11:51 PM
I have a extreme dislike of DBZ. And wrestling. And DBZ and wrestling. And people who like DBZ. And people who like wrestling. And people who like DBZ and wrestling. See? There's nothing great mabout big, macho men knocking the pillow stuffing out of each other. Now gian, shiny robots knocking the pillow stuffing out each other? THAT I can deal with> :D

CobaltDragon
24th May 2003, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Red Angel
I have a extreme dislike of DBZ. And wrestling. And DBZ and wrestling. And people who like DBZ. And people who like wrestling. And people who like DBZ and wrestling. See? There's nothing great mabout big, macho men knocking the pillow stuffing out of each other. Now gian, shiny robots knocking the pillow stuffing out each other? THAT I can deal with> :D

So there IS someone else!! I thought I was all alone in this world, but not anymore, because there is Red Angel, someone else of my "rare breed" as Metal Claw put it. Someone else who dislikes DBZ and wrestling! :D

Shiny Robots are much better! :yes: GO NADESICO!!!

>_<

PlatinumHawke
24th May 2003, 08:58 AM
Add me to the short list of people that have a fond disliking DBZ. I mean, DBZ lasts for 291 episodes, and yet .hack//SIGN gets more done in 26 episodes. Now people, it's really sad when you get outpaced by .hack!

Red Angel
24th May 2003, 09:32 AM
So, who wants to start an "Anti-DBZ" club? :D

CobaltDragon
24th May 2003, 09:50 AM
Actually, I just finished watching.hack//SIGN today, and I'll have to agree with you, it does pack 10x more punch than DBZ! .hack//SIGN is an awesome anime.

An Anti-DBZ club sounds like an excellent idea!! :D hehe..

The Muffin Man
24th May 2003, 10:33 AM
.Hack//Sign, in my opinion, is nothing special. It tries way too hard to be "new" and "original"...

and Red Angel - You seem to like me just fine. Wanna guess what I like?

and for the record, mech animes get boring after a while, because it eventually spends more time repairing the damn thing than it does actually forwarding and IMPORTANT points. Just the fact the damn thing is busted or something.

Red Angel
24th May 2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by The Muffin Man
and Red Angel - You seem to like me just fine. Wanna guess what I like?

Lemme guess... um.. welll... I know! You like Hamtaro!

Originally posted by The Muffin Man
and for the record, mech animes get boring after a while, because it eventually spends more time repairing the damn thing than it does actually forwarding and IMPORTANT points. Just the fact the damn thing is busted or something.
And DBZ spends more time charging energy blasts than fighting or talking. What's your point?

Kokomo
24th May 2003, 12:49 PM
Sign me up for the Anti-DBZ club. I used to watch the show, but than I realized that its a really bad anime. Fights are stretched out to be waaayyyy to long. Also the fights are usually pretty stupid; wow look at two dudes next to eachother in the air and there fists move really fast. Wow.

The Muffin Man
24th May 2003, 01:18 PM
Lemme guess... um.. welll... I know! You like Hamtaro!

DAMN! I've been caught :(

KaptainSarcasm
24th May 2003, 02:47 PM
I don't like DBZ, but I don't dislike it. I certainly have respect for it. I have some posters of it on my wall, right next to my ginormous Shonen Jump poster, my Eva wall scroll and my Cardcaptor Sakura poster. I was obbsessed with it for a while, so it would be wrong to hate it now.

SingingJigglypuff
24th May 2003, 02:56 PM
I don't care for DBZ personally. The character development seems lacking AND they spend 50-80% of the series "charging up" or finding the newest transformation level. While it doesn't do anything for me, I understand that it has quite the following, so I try not to come down too hard on the show. It has probably helped the acceptance and popularity of anime in the States and Canada (not sure about other parts of the world).

If you feel you're alone in your dislike of DBZ, check out some of the 'worst anime' threads on message boards. A lot more people list DBZ than you would initially believe. There's nothing wrong with disliking a particular series, as long as you try not to seriously offend those who are fans. :)

dr._samurai
24th May 2003, 05:39 PM
i hate dbz all the way. now that cell has killed everyone lets just bring them all back to life. the whole concept of bringing everyone back to life with the dragon balls is really stupid. the show is short to. on toonami it has about 8 minutes of commericials and it ends at whatever hour its at and 22 minutes instead of 30. and the whole episodes are just talking and charging big energy blasts.

Rei_Zero
24th May 2003, 06:45 PM
If DBZ was cut to chase fast paced then it gets good. Then you could actually see the character developement. That's why I have most of the episodes which I dislike and some of it which I like.

Laz-E-Boy
24th May 2003, 11:45 PM
I used to love DBZ, but I just like it now.

Personally, I think people come down too hard on it cause of it's popularity, just like many did with Pokemon. Granted, there are better anime, but I am 100% sure that without DBZ, we wouldn't be seeing half as much anime on TV as we do now.

CobaltDragon
25th May 2003, 10:17 AM
It all depends on what people's tastes are and what intrests them. DBZ doesn't intrest me, except the funny parts. I don't like the 20 episode span of fighting and training. But many DBZ fans may hate the anime I like. We're all different. Everyone I know loves DBZ, and I was amazed to find some that don't like it! Seriously!

GoldenDragonite
25th May 2003, 06:49 PM
Well.. after pokemon.. DBZ was my 2nd anime I've ever seen, and I loved it at first. I started at the cell saga.. so I knew nothing of what had happened.. and had to figure out everything on my own. Seeing Gohan go SSJ 2 and beat cell, I thought that was the coolest thing I had ever seen. DBZ has awesome animation. Everything was so cool to me when I first saw it. I was addicted to it I guess, I tried to watch every episode I could. Then I got into other anime's, and saw how cool anime actually was. I guess it was during the Majin Buu saga that I kinda lost interest in DBZ. I still liked it, but not as much as I had. Then CN aired the freiza saga, which I hated. I mean, it was like "You have 5 minutes till the planet explodes." and 20 episodes later "You have 30 seconds till the planet explodes!" No matter how fast Goku is, there is no way he could beat freiza, get to his ship, get it started and get safely of the planet. And there was a lot of powering up. You could not watch DBZ for a few episodes and still know what was going on. I'm not saying its a bad anime or anything, I just think it could have used more story line than Bad guy comes to earth, good guy can't beat bad guy, good guy gets stronger, good guy beats bad guy.

And thats my say.. sorry to type so much

User-Name
25th May 2003, 07:29 PM
Personally, I like Dragonball compared to DragonBall Z. But I like it none the less. So, I can't join this Anti-DBZ club thing (which I find rather childish).

PS- You should really watch Mobile Suit: Gundam, the first one made back in 1979. Although the animation is older and less flashy than something like Gundam Wing's, it's plot is excellant and 10 times better Gundam Wing's plot.

CobaltDragon
25th May 2003, 11:32 PM
hehe...it's not like we're gonna have a "weekly sacrifice of a DBZ character" or anything..the club was just a joke. This is just a list of people who dislike it, no offence.

Mewtwo-D2
26th May 2003, 08:14 AM
First, TMM, angry posts are not welcome in this forum. So no more angry posts, please.

Second: for all of you who say DBZ isn't so horrible, just the anime is so incredibly long and slow, I suggest the manga. The manga is shorter, moves much faster, still has the humor in it, and any excptionally long fight scenes can be skimmed through. It's because of the manga that I consider myself a fan of Dragonball and Dragonball Z, espcially considering I don't have time to watch 291 episodes of anything, especially not if many episode are just of powering up.

Hope that was helpful.

Red Angel
26th May 2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Piccolo Ma Junior
So, I can't join this Anti-DBZ club thing (which I find rather childish).

As CobaltDragon said, the whole "anti-DBZ" club is just a joke. It's just that CobaltDragon sounded so upset that nobody else disliked DBZ :D So nobody needs to get offended.

The Muffin Man
26th May 2003, 08:15 PM
Angry post...? Where exactly have I made angry posts? All I see is a heated defense.

Metal Claw
26th May 2003, 11:38 PM
I love DBZ, but ! can also recognize it's faults.

And there are ALOT of them, however...I've seen worse. For example, someone said something about mech anime. I like mech anime too, but I fell asleep 4 times watching Gundam Wing! (BORRRING.....) They look cool and have good games...but some mech animes seem to be over-exaggerated "space soap operas"....

By the way: If you disagree with me...just say so, don't flame me please. I'm trying to be nice. You have been warned.

P.S: The Saiya-Jjinphobia thing on page one was a big joke, (NO really? ^_^) I was only kidding with the starter of this thread (sorry forgot your name...)

Red Angel
27th May 2003, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Metal Claw
For example, someone said something about mech anime. I like mech anime too, but I fell asleep 4 times watching Gundam Wing! (BORRRING.....) They look cool and have good games...but some mech animes seem to be over-exaggerated "space soap operas"....

Yes, Gundam Wing is pretty bad, especially the dubbed one. The movie was decent bu the TV series... yeah, it's kinda dissapointing. Evangelion is a whole different story, provided you classify it as a mech anime.

The Rusted One
27th May 2003, 01:42 AM
I can stand watching a DBZ episode once. And then, I really can't at all. I'd gladly join the anti-DBZ club.

And I think it'd be nice for a change, to have certain abusive members of these forums, who seem to think that having power in one forum means an entitlement to abuse abyone and everyone elsewhere, not exercise such behaviour.

CobaltDragon
27th May 2003, 04:34 AM
As CobaltDragon said, the whole "anti-DBZ" club is just a joke. It's just that CobaltDragon sounded so upset that nobody else disliked DBZ :D So nobody needs to get offended.

Hehe...yeah, I was cryin' my guts out thinkin' I was the only one who disliked DBZ :D

PlatinumHawke
28th May 2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Piccolo Ma Junior
PS- You should really watch Mobile Suit: Gundam, the first one made back in 1979. Although the animation is older and less flashy than something like Gundam Wing's, it's plot is excellant and 10 times better Gundam Wing's plot.

Or you could get your hands on the SI/Aoshi/AG encodes for Gundam Seed, which is basically the old series retold with MASSIVELY updaged CAD animation. (not to mention the drop dead *** kickness that is Invoke)

soggy_cardboard
30th May 2003, 06:27 AM
-i used to HATE dbz, and used to hassle my friend about him watching it.

then i started to watch it....

...then i thought it rocked (my fav show ever):yes:

...i collected images of trunks off the net for a while...;o

...DBZ started to repeat from the start of the freiza saga....:rolleyes:

...kinda got bored with it, watched it once in a while...

....Garlic>trunks>android saga> onwards= yay, back into it:D

...repeated from the very start of dragonball Z:mad:

i watched it occasionally to see where it was upto...

:o BUU SAGA! This should be cool

arh, fat buu is so stoopid! and his voice is annoying!
:mad:

stop watching it.

i may start watching again when buu is KID buu........maybe........

Shadow Trainer Ash
30th May 2003, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by PlatinumHawke
Or you could get your hands on the SI/Aoshi/AG encodes for Gundam Seed, which is basically the old series retold with MASSIVELY updaged CAD animation. (not to mention the drop dead *** kickness that is Invoke)

Yesh, Gundam Seed is plain awesome. Too bad I don't have that many episodes yet xD (personally I didn't like Mobile Suit Gundam, though. Don't know why)

Anyway, to get back on subject, I don't at all care for DBZ. I mean, I'm not the type to run around laughing and making fun of those who do, but personally I don't care for it. I liked the original manga for Dragonball somewhat... but... yeah

Oh, and I'm a huge .hack fan ^^; I know all the series (besides Dusk) go a bit slow, but that's one reason I like it. o_o;;; I'm one of those RPG/Computer/Fantasy freaks, so I think you might be getting my drift. xD