PDA

View Full Version : [RBY] RMT Hammers of Doom

Leon-IH
24th May 2003, 07:49 AM
yes, this is a team i made a long time ago so it's probably outdated by about 3 years now but i want to see people pass judgement on it.. it is made to take advantage of single type pokemon.

Starter
Growing Hammer (Tangela)
Growth
Mega Drain
Toxic
Sleep Powder

Staller
Hungry Hammer (Snorlax)
Rest
Body Slam
Earthquake
Substitute

Damage King
Extremist Hammer (Hypno)
Barrier
Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Psychic

Token Electric Type
Thunder Hammer (Electabuzz)
Reflect
Counter
Thunderbolt
Double Team

Other Damager
Burning Hammer (Rapidash)
Flamethrower
Double Team
Deflect
Headbutt

Status Changer
Chameleon Hammer (Gengar)
Confuse Ray
Toxic
Hypnosis
Dream Eater

Basically each pokemon has a "job" Rapidash is to Stall-Damage which is pretty much a self invented role.. Buzz is for counter attack survival with the ability to hurt flyers and water types, Gengar is a spot filler but i like him.. how do you like confused toxic :), Hypno is for pure power and Dream Eater always works well with hypnosis, Snorlax eats damage for breakfast with room for toast and orange juice, and Tangela has a decent special hit with mega drain. Yes these guys are all possible with tradebacks and so on so fourth (please notify me if not)

The Muffin Man
24th May 2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Leon-IH
yes, this is a team i made a long time ago so it's probably outdated by about 3 years now but i want to see people pass judgement on it.. it is made to take advantage of single type pokemon.

Starter
Growing Hammer (Tangela)
Growth
Mega Drain
Toxic
Sleep Powder
~Kill this set for SD, Body Slam, Sleep Powder, and Stun spore. BS is not there for PAR, hence Stun Spore..

Staller
Hungry Hammer (Snorlax)
Rest
Body Slam
Earthquake
Substitute
~Drop Substitute. He does not need it. Give it Amnesia to make it a real beast. Maybe Ice Beam somewhere, or Surf, to use the new special boost.

Damage King
Extremist Hammer (Hypno)
Barrier
Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Psychic
~Barriers a GSC Tradebark and hardly ever acceptable. Drop all but Psychic for Reflect, Thunderwave, and Body Slam/Headbutt, or Rest. Maybe put Meditate over Reflect and BS/Headbutt.

Token Electric Type
Thunder Hammer (Electabuzz)
Reflect
Counter
Thunderbolt
Double Team
~Drop counter, I'm not gonna waste Tauros' Hyper Beam or Body Slam, I'm going to Quake it. Drop Double-Team as well, and give it Thunderwave and Body Slam/Psychic/Seismic Toss

Other Damager
Burning Hammer (Rapidash)
Flamethrower
Double Team
Deflect
Headbutt
~Drop this entire set for Agility, Double Team(ok not the ENTIRE set), Horn Drill, Rest. Cheapest set ever. Either that or Fire Blast, Reflet, Body Slam, and Sub/Any filler.

Status Changer
Chameleon Hammer (Gengar)
Confuse Ray
Toxic
Hypnosis
Dream Eater
~Drop all but C-Ray for Thunderbolt, Psychic, and Mega Drain. Seismic Toss is a possibility too.

Basically each pokemon has a "job" Rapidash is to Stall-Damage which is pretty much a self invented role.. Buzz is for counter attack survival with the ability to hurt flyers and water types, Gengar is a spot filler but i like him.. how do you like confused toxic :), Hypno is for pure power and Dream Eater always works well with hypnosis, Snorlax eats damage for breakfast with room for toast and orange juice, and Tangela has a decent special hit with mega drain. Yes these guys are all possible with tradebacks and so on so fourth (please notify me if not)

Meh. The choices for Pokemon are decent, although the sets themselves are mediocre at best.

Feelingsad
24th May 2003, 05:39 PM
Tangela: Toxic is quite unfantastic.. if only there were some way you could paralyse and toxic at the same time.. that would be sweet.. But unfortunately you can't.. Paralysis is always going to be more useful than poison,so I recommend stunspore over toxic.. I still prefer sleep powder, swords dance, bodydslam, megadrain though..

Lax: Sub is really unnescesary here.. there is no need to block status, because you can rest it off, and Snorlax is incredibly slow anyway.. I would give it Hyperbeam or selfdestruct for a finishing move.. If you are on Stadium (if you aren't, definitely drop sub) then don't use Hyperbeam BTW..

Hypno: Hypnosis + dreameater isn't a very good combo.. your opponent will usually switch when put to sleep, and if they don't the pokemon they have left in is probably a psychic type, which means DE wont do enough damage to be very useful.. Plus you have another sleeper already, so if that sleeps something first, then half of your set is going to be useless.. Psychic and thunderwave are definite for Hypno, Then there are a whole bunch of options.. Just remember that defense boosting moves like reflect and barrier (or lightscreen) are mostly useless without some kind of recovery..

Electabuzz: Ok, this I don't like at all.. for starters it cannot touch ground types.. so if your opponent is packing one of those, then you will waste a whole bunch of time evading, and they can then switch to their ground and you will have no choice but to switch out. Electabuzz's biggest problems are going to be with ground attacks, so counter wont be very useful either..
Thunderwave and thunderbolt should always be on Electabuzz, then you can use icepunch if you want gsc tradebacks, probably with submission.. or if you decide you dont want tradebacks, the you would probably have to use double-edge/bodyslam and psychic..

Rapidash: Once again, you have an evader that can't really do much to ground/rock types.. Horndrill, bodyslam, Fireblast, agility is my suggestion.. Sub could be used on stadium I guess..

Gengar: Yeah, again toxic isn't great (it reverts to normal poison if your opponent switches, just incase you weren't aware of that).
On Gengar you will definitely want Confuse-Ray (since you probably wont need Hypnosis), Explosion and 2 out of thunderbolt, megadrain, psychic and seismic toss.

Ok, another-just-incase-you-weren't-aware thing..
Uhh, usually when people battle they use a rule called sleep clause, which means that you are only allowed to put one of their pokemon to sleep at a time.. So having so many sleep moves on one team might not be a great idea..

And overall, you have a triple ground weakness.. But tangela can deal with that ok.. Just make sure it doesn't get too beat up at the beginning of the battle.. Otherwise this team looks very good.. I can't see any other major problems with it..

Have a nice day.