PDA

View Full Version : Three more new AG titles... :D

Zak
24th May 2003, 10:35 AM
305(29): Sableye the Startling!

306(30): Meditite and the Battle Girl! In a Storm!

307(31): Dewford Gym Rematch! Surfing Battlefield!

Discuss.

~Zak

BenRG
24th May 2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Zak
307(31): Dewford Gym Rematch! Surfing Battlefield!Hum... About 1/2 the way through the season and we're back to Dewford. We might loose Masato here, but I doubt it. In any case, this will be the make-or-break episode for the character of May. If she hasn't shown substantive character growth by this point, the scriptwriters may take the opportunity to perform some radical character surgery (a makeover from her mother or something). :P

JazzJazz
24th May 2003, 05:46 PM
Could it be an evolution in there somewhere that convinces Ash that he can take on Brawly's hariyama?

totodilelover
24th May 2003, 06:29 PM
The next few episodes seem intresting. Someone might catch sableye. If there is a evolution it will be in the meditite episode. Then for the gym battle I think Ash will use taillow and corphish.

Wild Eevee
24th May 2003, 08:17 PM
Meditite and the battle girl! In a storm

Cool Meditite! I can't wait too see him in the anima,he's soo cute!

Hanada Tattsu
24th May 2003, 09:18 PM
Thanks, Zak!

305: Sableye makes its first appearence, can't wait to see it! I wonder if Ash will catch this, he should know that ghost types are good against fighting types. Maybe he'll have it for a few episodes, kinda like Haunter.

306: Meditite is ugly, but I think we might seen an evolution here for someone, maybe Ash's Treecko, or even one of May's or Brock's Pokemon.

307: Finally, the rematch. I thought it would never come. I hope if Treecko evolves we can see Grovylle's Leaf Blade here, it should look great.

pikasaiyan
25th May 2003, 05:49 PM
i doubt that treecko is going to evolve because he is in the movie, so i duno about anyone evolving or being caught before the movie comes out, but we shall see.

pokemon man
25th May 2003, 05:56 PM
could taillow evolves in one of this episod to swellow. and the 2 new episode win may see meditite do you think she will like it a get one. IT would be good for her and that is how she like beautifly

AKA Pokemon Fan
25th May 2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by BenRG
Hum... About 1/2 the way through the season and we're back to Dewford. We might loose Masato here, but I doubt it. In any case, this will be the make-or-break episode for the character of May. If she hasn't shown substantive character growth by this point, the scriptwriters may take the opportunity to perform some radical character surgery (a makeover from her mother or something). :P
I'm confused, what are you basing all this on? If you're talking about May's fighting gym leaders hasn't she made it clear she wants to train to compete in Pokemon Contests instead? And what connection is there between this gym and Masato? In any event Masato is a major character in the movie so there's no reason to think they'd send him home.

Could it be an evolution in there somewhere that convinces Ash that he can take on Brawly's hariyama?
From what I've seen Corphish is really powerful (its like twice the size Ash's Krabby was when caught) so that may be all Ash needs to win the match. Plus I bet he'll have some plan to topple Hariyama. Maybe Taillow will learn Aerial Ace? Anyway for now I find a new move being learned more likely than an evolution.

305: Sableye makes its first appearence, can't wait to see it! I wonder if Ash will catch this, he should know that ghost types are good against fighting types. Maybe he'll have it for a few episodes, kinda like Haunter.
As much as I'd like him to have one I won't get my hopes up. FYI I don't think this is Sableye's first appearance. I think Serebii said that Butch and Cassidy had one in one of the Hoso specials.

Hanada Tattsu
25th May 2003, 07:07 PM
I don't think Taillow or Treecko will evolve, despite my hopes. I do want to see Brawly with a Machoke, though, it'll make the battle harder for Ash, which is what I'd like to see in these AG episodes.

I think he might just use Corphish for this match, it seems strong. And John, Cassidy did have a Sableye, but still, he might get one temporarily.

BenRG
26th May 2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by AKA Pokemon Fan
I'm confused, what are you basing all this on?Maybe it is a misunderstanding on my part. I assumed that Dewford is the Gym operated by May and Masato's father. From John's reaction, I figure that this isn't the case.

Eh... Oops! My bad...!

Gravy
26th May 2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by AKA Pokemon Fan
As much as I'd like him to have one I won't get my hopes up. FYI I don't think this is Sableye's first appearance. I think Serebii said that Butch and Cassidy had one in one of the Hoso specials.

Really?! wow, you learn something new everyday ^_^0
Anyways. From what I've seen, Corphish (isn't his voice kewl?) is a pretty tough customer, despite his energetic nature. That, and his hard exo-skelleton will surely help Satoshi against such a tough adversary.
And, Hanada, I'd absolutly hate Brawly to have a Machoke. The last time we actually saw a Machop fight in a battle, was back in the Indigo League, P1 GP. And whens the last time we saw a Machamp in a pokemon battle? Viridian Gym I believe. I'm getting sick and tired of Machoke being used so much...lol, a little rant there.

Hanada Tattsu
27th May 2003, 07:43 PM
Yeah, the gym operated by Norman, May's and Masato's dad, is the Petalburg gym.

Oh, BTW, we have seen Machop battle, Gravy, I want it to evolve into Machoke during the match.

JazzJazz
27th May 2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
I want it to evolve into Machoke during the match.

I doubt this will happen given that makuhita evolved during the battle last time.

Gravy
28th May 2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
Oh, BTW, we have seen Machop battle, Gravy, I want it to evolve into Machoke during the match.

Yes, I know. But, what I mean is I'd like to see Machop have more screen time. Just a change from Machoke. Or perhaps if possible, Brawly could have evolved Machop twice during Satoshi's training. So then we could see Machamp instead.

Chris 2.1
29th May 2003, 02:26 PM
i doubt Machop will evolve. If the surfing battlefeild is in the name, Could he use another Hariyama? Maybe it'll be 3-3.

Sableye will maybe be an episode about its strength and how immune it is: Ash will be startled because its so immune?

battle girl. weird monkey. nuff said.

Hanada Tattsu
29th May 2003, 06:14 PM
A Machamp? No, remember it's only the second gym, Brawly wouldn't have evolved his Machop that fast, you know how rarely Pokemon evolve in the anime.

Rei_Zero
29th May 2003, 06:36 PM
Anyting is possible. I mean, the first gym leader isn't supposed to have Hariyama either, is he?

jlaking
30th May 2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Gravy

And, Hanada, I'd absolutly hate Brawly to have a Machoke. The last time we actually saw a Machop fight in a battle, was back in the Indigo League, P1 GP.

No, the last time we saw a Machoke battle was when Ash battled Chuck.

Gravy
30th May 2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by jlaking
No, the last time we saw a Machoke battle was when Ash battled Chuck.

Erm...read the quote that you posted.....I clearly said Machop:rolleyes:

Hanada Tattsu
30th May 2003, 07:03 PM
Okay Rei, I got what you're saying, but still I think Brawly was a bit of a challenge for Ash, I mean for rookie Hoenn trainers, they can't defeat a Hariyama!

Powarun
3rd June 2003, 09:09 PM
Well I hope Ash gets Sablye, but hopes are looking dim. As for the whole Machop thingy, get rid of Machop and Machoke, Machamp is the king, and yes some rookie trainers can beat a hariayama, I would laugh if in the start of the episode we some kid that is as old as Masato, beat Harymina. Hey it could happne

Hanada Tattsu
4th June 2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Powarun
Well I hope Ash gets Sablye, but hopes are looking dim. As for the whole Machop thingy, get rid of Machop and Machoke, Machamp is the king, and yes some rookie trainers can beat a hariayama, I would laugh if in the start of the episode we some kid that is as old as Masato, beat Harymina. Hey it could happne

I still think that Ash should get a Sableye temporarily, just to defeat Hariyama. Hey, maybe he shouldn't ever give it away, he should send it to storage at Oak's lab.