PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Master Quest Episode Review: I Politoed You So!

Hanada Tattsu
24th May 2003, 11:06 PM
I Politoed You So!

This was a pretty good episode! After seeing it again, I realized my love for it. Misty's Politoed has won my heart. I guess seeing the overly active Politoed after the monotone Poliwhirl surprised me a bit, but after seeing the way Misty was so worried after losing Politoed makes me like Politoed more. The storyline was a bit cliche, but oh well. Bean had a wierd voice, but I think that's cause it was a female, oh well, at least it seemed like a female. The Bellosom, Sunflora, and Jumpluff cheerleading squad was original, but Tami's crying was fake. Team Rocket were hilarious, including the Mecha Politoed. James' regular high-pitched squeals were out of place and funny just the same.

My Rating: 10/10

Bacl
24th May 2003, 11:22 PM
I'm sorry to say that I don't share your enthusiasm for this episode, Hanada. It wasn't bad, but I didn't think it was great either.

What worked:

I always love episodes which have all the Pokemon out of their pokeballs and relaxing. Why? Because it lets us all see our favorite Pokemon that the heroes have.

Calling attention to the whole "Don't act like a jerk to your Pokemon just because you want to win a contest."

What didn't work:

I always take points off when Team Rocket uses a "Mecha-Pokemon" or whatever. Puh-lease. I'd rather see James use Wheezing and Victreebell instead of pulling a lever in a giant robot animal. What is this? Power Rangers? :rolleyes:

Did anyone else notice:

When Jessie declares she can finally get a manicure without worrying about having to dig more holes James replies with, "But you never did any of the digging, dearest ."

Dearest? Where did that come from? What's next? My love? Slow down James. Ask her out for coffee first. ;)

All in all I'd give this episode a 7/10 or solid C. Okay, but not great.

Entropy
25th May 2003, 05:27 AM
The best part was when the girl cried. Heh, he, he.

Really though, one thing in that episode I found questionable is how 'Bean' (stupid name) was able to water gun the hatch open. You'd think TR would make the entire thing water-proof, but alas, plot device!

Hanada Tattsu
25th May 2003, 09:06 AM
LOL, I know, there was a big, big, Rocketshippy hint in the climax of the episode, James is sure a Don Juan. He may be an uptight guy, but when he tries, he tries!

Calling Jessie Dearest is sweet, I was expecting her to kiss him on the spot.

Jzman2003
25th May 2003, 10:45 PM
I got one word for this episode: cheerleading. Freakin cheerleading. I have no idea what pokemon has really come to at all. Think about the old episodes, i remember seein when pikachu battled Lt. Surge, I mean, that moves your emotions seein how ash cares so much about his pikachu. And the battles were great, as well as the fights on the SS Anne episode, i mean, those were totally awesome episodes. Now you come to this crap where they try and make u feel w/a politoed that can't be part of the cheerleading squad but is probably strong enough to kick any other pokemon's butt. Pokemon has lost its edge. These are just filler episodes that totally demise one of the valued factors of pokemon: and that is fighting. Every person you used to meet was another trainer. Either that or had a pretty good story behind it, like the ditto in mimic mansion. I've been stuck to pokemon for about 5 years now, and it's just starting to suck. Can anyone help a brotha out?

Hanada Tattsu
26th May 2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Jzman2003
I got one word for this episode: cheerleading. Freakin cheerleading. I have no idea what pokemon has really come to at all. Think about the old episodes, i remember seein when pikachu battled Lt. Surge, I mean, that moves your emotions seein how ash cares so much about his pikachu. And the battles were great, as well as the fights on the SS Anne episode, i mean, those were totally awesome episodes. Now you come to this crap where they try and make u feel w/a politoed that can't be part of the cheerleading squad but is probably strong enough to kick any other pokemon's butt. Pokemon has lost its edge. These are just filler episodes that totally demise one of the valued factors of pokemon: and that is fighting. Every person you used to meet was another trainer. Either that or had a pretty good story behind it, like the ditto in mimic mansion. I've been stuck to pokemon for about 5 years now, and it's just starting to suck. Can anyone help a brotha out?

Tell me about it, late Johto has just turned filler, it just sucks. Johto is a great region, but why does the anime have to suck now! I'll still watch it, I still do, but it just never changes, we get the same fillers.

BTW, hang on, AG is just like Indigo.

PAK Man
26th May 2003, 01:43 PM
Honestly, I didn't like this episode too much. Sure, we got to see Misty's Politoed again, but I wish that it would have battled. I didn't like Tammy, and Brock was weird at the beginning of the episode. Ash and Misty just complimented him on his food, like they do all the time. It's not like this time was any different, so why did he get so excited about it? My rating for this episode would have to be 6/10.

Everoy
26th May 2003, 04:05 PM
8/10. I liked this episode in every aspect except for the cheerleading. Bonus points for Politoeds!!!

Nikku-San
27th May 2003, 12:43 AM
Bah. I didn't see it... And I don't want to. The only interesting part is that James shows some feeling for Jessie. So he's not gay after all, lol.

Hanada Tattsu
27th May 2003, 07:28 PM
Yeah, not a major Rocket Shippy hint but for us Rocket and Poke Shippers we have to take in what we can get for these unshippy Johto fillers.

E-Leigh-T
28th May 2003, 07:24 AM
I didn't like this episode, but then again i haven't liked 1/3 of master quest so far because its still johto and to tell you the truth i think this series (johto) has gone way too long.

Pidgeot018
28th May 2003, 08:02 AM
I don't like it when the gang will have all of their Pokémon out except for their underused ones. Noctowl, Goldeen, Staryu and Pineco are always forgotten.

Hanada Tattsu
29th May 2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Pidgeot018
I don't like it when the gang will have all of their Pokémon out except for their underused ones. Noctowl, Goldeen, Staryu and Pineco are always forgotten.

I know, I just saw in that scene some of Ash's Pokemon.

Ash: Pikachu, Bayleef, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Phanpy

Misty: Psyduck, Togepi, Politoed, Corsola

Brock: Onix, Crobat

Where are Staryu, Goldeen, Geodude, and Pineco? I miss them! LOL

Pidgeot018
30th May 2003, 09:47 AM
It's usually missing from these types of scenes, but Geodude was there. It ate with the other Pokémon and slept on Onix.

Hanada Tattsu
30th May 2003, 06:46 PM
It's usually missing from these types of scenes, but Geodude was there. It ate with the other Pokémon and slept on Onix.

Oh, thanks.

Then what happened to Pineco? How could Brock forget about it; he does eventually use it a lot later on in the season.

Pidgeot018
30th May 2003, 07:02 PM
Pineco was last seen in Wish Upon A Shooting Star-Shape where all of the Pokémpn are out, expect Noctowl. Poor Noctowl. Even Misty's aquatic Goldeen was sitting there on dry land.

Hanada Tattsu
30th May 2003, 07:05 PM
Pineco was last seen in Wish Upon A Shooting Star-Shape where all of the Pokémpn are out, expect Noctowl. Poor Noctowl. Even Misty's aquatic Goldeen was sitting there on dry land.

Yeah, but I meant the last time it battled, that hasn't happened for a while, has it?