PDA

View Full Version : Advance Generation Episode #27: Team Magma VS Team Aqua: Secret Base Battle!

Hanada Tattsu
24th May 2003, 11:18 PM
Advance Generation #27: Team Magma VS Team Aqua: Secret Base Battle!

Initial First Thoughts

At first thought, this seems like a pretty darn good episode. Team Aqua meets Team Magma, and we see for the first time what seems to be the two rival groups meeting and I believe the first times they adress their plans. I also would love to see how Team Rocket get mixed up in this, and on a more serious note how Ash, May, Masato, and Brock get mixed up as well.

Screen By Screen Analysis of Episode Preview

First we see the usual Pokemon of the day on the usual red background of Groudon. Then we see a door that seems to be at the end of a tunnel, and the scene cuts to a Nicanda eating with a trainer standing above him, the trainer is a young boy with his fists clenched. Then we see a bunch of Mightyena come out of their PokeBalls growling, and we see the secret door open, and some kind of machine breaks in. Then we see a Team Magma male grunt, and later a bunch of Team Aqua members, including what looks like a female Team Aqua admin including a bunch of male and female Aqua grunts. Then we see the boy ordering his Nicanda to attack, as the Magma grunt orders his Mightyena to attack as well. The we see the Aqua admin order her Carvanha to use a Water Gun to blast the cave, and then Ash and Pikachu, along with the boy and Nicanda are shown. It seems like the Nincanda uses Hyper Beam, but I may be wrong. Then we see the episode title over the aqua screen of Kyogre.

Episode Picture of the Week

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_ag/2_yokoku/img/027.jpg

This is the Team Magma grunt when he's ordering his Mightyena to attack.

Final Thoughts

This seems like a great episode! Team Magma and Team Aqua look great, and the animation looks perfect! It almost seems like Team Twerp stay away for most of this eppie and we see the rival teams most of the time.

Until next time!

Pewter City Geodude
25th May 2003, 01:29 AM
Nincada can't learn Hyper Beam, that wouldn't have been it. Maybe Secret Power?

Bacl
25th May 2003, 01:39 AM
Is there any indication of Team Aqua and Team Magma having non-anonymous characters? If everytime the two teams show up we simply see Grunts and Admins and other non-characters, then Aqua and Magma will never have the appeal and splender of Team Rocket.

Gravy
25th May 2003, 04:56 AM
Well, I believe the executives of each team appear in this episode from what I've seen. They usually serve a certain level of importance to the game, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were regulars. But, I think non-annonymous characters isn't going to happen. That grunt in the picture that Hanada Tattsu has shown, looks like he has the potential of being of some importance, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Hanada Tattsu
25th May 2003, 09:28 AM
Yeah, I'm guessing the move Nincanda is using is prolly Secret Power. We've been seeing that a lot lately.

As for the members, I think that one of them was Team Aqua Admin Shelley from the game, and I'm not sure if Archie or Maxie gets mixed up in this.

RJdude
25th May 2003, 02:21 PM
sounds like a pretty good episode. So Team Magma has Mightyena and Aqua has Carvahna... I wonder if Archie and Maxi are going o appear in this episode.

pokemon man
25th May 2003, 03:12 PM
do you think. she like water type pokemon may be she is misty mom and Archie your dad

Animelee
25th May 2003, 04:20 PM
Woah, check out what the storyboard planners/animators did for the Aqua and Magma Pokemon!

You know those thick lines you see in manga to represent something scary? Check this out!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Animelee
25th May 2003, 04:24 PM
Woah! Imagine this jumpin' out of your fishtank!

Animelee
25th May 2003, 04:28 PM
Oh, and it seems that Nincada is using Secret Power.

List of moves Nincada learns:
Scratch, Harden, Leech Life, Sand-Attack, Fury Swipes, Mind Reader, False Swipe, Mud-Slap, Metal Claw, and Dig.

Moves learned through breeding:
Endure, Silver Wind, Gust, Faint Attack

It can also learn TM43, Secret Power.

So, my guess is that it's either using Silver Wind, or Secret Power.

AKA Pokemon Fan
25th May 2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Otaku Shigeru
Oh, and it seems that Nincada is using Secret Power.

List of moves Nincada learns:
Scratch, Harden, Leech Life, Sand-Attack, Fury Swipes, Mind Reader, False Swipe, Mud-Slap, Metal Claw, and Dig.

Moves learned through breeding:
Endure, Silver Wind, Gust, Faint Attack

It can also learn TM43, Secret Power.

So, my guess is that it's either using Silver Wind, or Secret Power.
Actually, unless the attack is subsequently fired as a beam, the Nincada screenshot looks a lot like it's using Metal Claw.

On a related note the Mightyena looks like it may be using some attack like slamming its jaws together in a Crunch or perhaps launching a Shadow Ball from its mouth.

Those are some great screenshots! Do you have a site with more?

I have to say that that Mightyena and Carvana are some of the most intimidating Pokemon I've ever seen. Pokemon haven't looked that vicious since Butch and Cassidy turned that bunch evil back in the Orange Islands. And Nincada looks cool as well. I just can't get over how great all the RS Pokemon look in anime form!:yes: :D

And how come no one has posted any new episode summaries for so long?:confused:

Hanada Tattsu
25th May 2003, 07:04 PM
Thanks, Otaku, for the great pics!

Wow, that Mightyena and Carvanha look possesed, Team Magma and Team Aqua have real cool Pokemon, can't wait for more episodes about them!

Nincanda does look like its using either Metal Claw or Secret Power. Silver Wind looks more like a silver gust than an attack like that.

Animelee
25th May 2003, 11:06 PM
Hmm...but the Nincada fires out a beam, so it's most probably Secret Power. It makes sense, too, since the episode is about a kid and his secret base. :)

Oh yeah, Charizard Fan. I'm actually the one who make screenshots, so you could request any from AG episodes 1 - 26. :)

Mikachu Yukitatsu
25th May 2003, 11:22 PM
This may be my last translation before summer holiday. Then I'll be able to use Internet very little. I am not sure if I am going to keep translating in June and July, I just promise I'll be back at least somewhere in August when school starts again.

Team Magma VS Team Aqua! The Battle In The Secret Base!

Satoshi and others, who contine practice an eye on a breakthrough at Muro gym, discover the secret base of a boy called Kazuki. However, the angered Kazuki, who found Satoshi and others entered first, soon drives them out. Team rocket, watching such exchange, tries to usurp Kazuki's secret base, but a mysterious team that suddenly appeared, [Team Magma] occupies it! However, inside the secret base, Team Magma begins to dig a hole and that leads to a larger cave.

Looking at Team Magma's state, Team Rocket, who thought there would be a treasure, run after. Also Satoshi and friends, who heard Kazuki's story, trying to take the base back, return to the cave, but...

Hanada Tattsu
26th May 2003, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the translation, Mikachu, and good luck!

I still wonder how Team Aqua got involved in this. They weren't in the translation, so I wonder if they wander in on the base too.

AKA Pokemon Fan
27th May 2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Otaku Shigeru
Oh yeah, Charizard Fan. I'm actually the one who make screenshots, so you could request any from AG episodes 1 - 26. :)
*Giggles excitedly* How about some good ones of Seviper? Maybe from its introduction episode "Strike of Death!" A calmer looking Mightyena would be nice too. Finally, how about some shots from the 2 vs. 2 battle in "Double Battle and Double Wurmple" which features two of my favorite Bug types, Yanma and Ariados.

Many thanks in advance. Unless its inconvenient you can post them here like the others so everybody else can see them.:)

Gravy
27th May 2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by AKA Pokemon Fan
[B]*Giggles excitedly* How about some good ones of Seviper? Maybe from its introduction episode "Strike of Death!" A calmer looking Mightyena would be nice too. Finally, how about some shots from the 2 vs. 2 battle in "Double Battle and Double Wurmple" which features two of my favorite Bug types, Yanma and Ariados.

ooh, ooh! Me too please ^_^0
Erm...I'd like some screenshots from that Sharpedo episode...can't remeber what it was called. Erm, Haruka in a swimsuit please :rolleyes: And some shots of Wingull.
Oh, and some shots from the episode 'Wurmple Vs. Wurmple! Which is which?' would also be appreiciated. And maybe some of Loudred and Jessie. Thankz.

lol, a little off topic there.

Animelee
27th May 2003, 03:22 PM
Seviper using Poison Tail from AG08.

Animelee
27th May 2003, 03:24 PM
Seviper falling for Team Rocket's trap in AG08. They put a basket of fruit over a ditch they dug, and Seviper "fell" for it.

I couldn't resist the pun!

Animelee
27th May 2003, 03:32 PM
The Poochyena that Masato helped just evolved!

Animelee
27th May 2003, 03:36 PM
Here he is, howling after evolving!

Animelee
27th May 2003, 03:42 PM
This is when Yanma and Ariados are using Sonicboom and String Shot.

Animelee
27th May 2003, 04:00 PM
Here they are coming out of their Pokeballs.

Animelee
27th May 2003, 04:08 PM
May feeding Mr.Briney's "Peeko-Chan".

Animelee
27th May 2003, 04:21 PM
Peeko-Chan from AG18.

Animelee
27th May 2003, 04:28 PM
May's Wurple eats, then sleeps. The whole scene lasted three seconds, so like I said in another post, he's like a mini-Snorlax!

Animelee
27th May 2003, 04:31 PM
Jesse cons May into handing over her Wurmple first, and then runs off with both of them. It seems James is fed up, and he knows that they're gonna blast off soon, hehe.

Animelee
27th May 2003, 04:37 PM
OMGZ!111 LOUDRED TPYEZ IN ALL CAPZZZ111!!!!

Animelee
27th May 2003, 04:47 PM
The obligatory underwear post.

This is my last one until I get more requests! Later!

Hanada Tattsu
27th May 2003, 07:42 PM
Those are cool pics, thanks Otaku!

Can you make some pics from the Lotad episode? Mainly the beginning, BTW, I'm not in for it for May in a swimsuit, I hate her, LOL. I do, however, wanna see some shots from the very beginning cause I like how the gullable Ash-tachi get scared by Lotad, lol.

Thanks!

Animelee
27th May 2003, 09:44 PM
Sure thing!

Animelee
27th May 2003, 09:45 PM
Next one.:D

Animelee
27th May 2003, 09:46 PM
Last one for now!

Rocketboy
28th May 2003, 05:34 AM
Can you post pictures of "Wurmple VS. Wurmple! Which is which" and "Team Rocket! Goodbye! (Or something like that)

Bacl
28th May 2003, 04:00 PM
Yeah, I'd love to see pics from Wheezing and Arbok's last episode, especially the last shot we see of them.

Entropy
28th May 2003, 04:06 PM
Hey, Otaku, I know this seems redudant, but please post pictures of the Lotad episode, featuring May in all of her glory! I don't care about the freaking Lotads...

Gravy
28th May 2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Entropy
Hey, Otaku, I know this seems redudant, but please post pictures of the Lotad episode, featuring May in all of her glory! I don't care about the freaking Lotads...

:rolleyes: ...don't hurt the poor lotad's feelings now.
And, erm, ditto.:rolleyes:

Animelee
28th May 2003, 11:07 PM
C'mon people, May is a little TEN year old girl, for God's sake. I'm not taking any requests for May in her swimsuits, sorry.

Anyways, for the other pictures, I'll get them to you guys in the morning. Later!

Hanada Tattsu
29th May 2003, 06:24 PM
LOL, thanks for the pics, Otaku!

Lotad really does look scary, how can they make it so scary, LOL! Can you make some pics of Makuhita surfing? I never saw that epi, I wanna see what it looks like.

Thanks!

Bacl
29th May 2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu

Lotad really does look scary, how can they make it so scary, LOL!
Thanks!

LOL, tell me about it. My idea of Lotad is forever based on the image I saw of it during the Japanese preview for the sixth movie. At the end they show a quick clip from the Pikachu-Pokemon Only short film, and you see each of the starters bobbing its head to the music. Then you see Lotad bobbing its head to the music at an extreme close-up, and the thing looks like Psyduck is its intellectual superior ;)

Animelee
30th May 2003, 12:35 AM
For this VERY brief episode summary, I'll be using Japanese names because I use the names from whatever version of something I'm watching. It's weird, but it's what I do.

Rocket Gang: Hey, thanks for saving us from that group of Spear that was attacking us!

Sabonea: SABO!

Kojiro: Here are some cookies as a reward!
*Kojiro hands over a bag of cookies*

Rocket Gang: Well, later! We have to save some friends [Koffing and Ekans] of ours!

Animelee
30th May 2003, 12:37 AM
Rocket Gang: Hey! We've stalled the hunter for you! Hurry! RUN!

Animelee
30th May 2003, 12:40 AM
Arbokku and Matadogasu: *Crying sounds*

*Orchestra-violin music in the background for added drama*

Animelee
30th May 2003, 12:42 AM
Rocket Gang: For hurting innocent Pokemon and our friends...

*Music still playing*

Animelee
30th May 2003, 12:43 AM
Nyarth: TAKE THIS! Disordered Scratch [Fury Swipes]!

*Music still playing*

Animelee
30th May 2003, 12:45 AM
Rocket Gang: WE SAID HURRY UP AND RUN! What are you still doing here?! HURRY!

*Music still playing*

Animelee
30th May 2003, 12:47 AM
Arbokku and Matadogasu: *Sounds of sadness*

*Music still playing*

Pewter City Geodude
30th May 2003, 12:47 AM
Awww thanks for the pics! The one of Arbok and Weezing's expressions as they leave J&J is almost touching...I think that's gonna be one of the saddest episodes ever...and Team Rocket's closest attempt to turn good yet.

Animelee
30th May 2003, 12:48 AM
Hunter: Bangirasu, Hyper Beam!

Rocket Gang: *Screams* We have to do this!

*Music still playing*

Animelee
30th May 2003, 12:50 AM
Wow, a reply, LOL! I have about 20 more to go! :)

Arbokku and Matadogasu: *Choking on tears and crying*

Rocket Gang: *Screams*

*Music still playing*

Animelee
30th May 2003, 12:51 AM
Rocket Gang: We...we...musn't...give up...

Hunter: Bangirasu, return.

*Music still playing*

Animelee
30th May 2003, 12:53 AM
Hunter: Heh, now it's time to get those Pokemon back...

Rocket Gang: No...no...you...will not...

*Music fades to silence*

Animelee
30th May 2003, 12:57 AM
Rocket Gang: What...do you think...you're doing? As long as we're here...we won't let this happen. *Struggling to breathe*

Hunter: Hehehehehehe...

*Hunter walks away*

Pewter City Geodude
30th May 2003, 12:57 AM
Wow, is that a *gasps* gun? :rolleyes:

*expects that episode to be banned stateside, but hopes it won't be*

Animelee
30th May 2003, 12:58 AM
Rocket Gang: Get...back here!

Animelee
30th May 2003, 01:01 AM
Yep. It's not a laser, but it's an actual bullet-shooting gun. He loads it a few times, but never shoots.

After a while, Satoshi-tachi and Pikachu stop the hunter.

Junsa: You are under police authority for inhumane treatment to Pokemon!

Hunter: I could of gotten away...

Satoshi: (He calmly says something about 'Rocketto Dan', but my Japanese isn't that great to understand the whole sentence.)

Animelee
30th May 2003, 01:03 AM
*Slow orchestra version of 'Mr.Hagi's Boat' start's playing.

Musashi: I wonder how they're doing...

Kojiro: I just hope they're okay... I miss them...

Animelee
30th May 2003, 01:05 AM
*Music still playing*

Nyarth: Don't worry! I'm sure they're fine! Remember, we still have our goal of going after Pikachu, remember...!

Animelee
30th May 2003, 01:08 AM
*Music still playing.

*Sabonea comes over to Rocket Gang.

Sabonea: *Greets Kojiro happily*

Kojiro: Oh, hello. How are you? Would you like me to get you another cookie from the bag?

Musashi: He's a great Pokemon, ne?

Nyarth: He's so innocent and cute!

Kojiro: Sabonea, you helped us earlier today. I was wondering of you would like to stay with us?

Animelee
30th May 2003, 01:09 AM
*Music still playing*

Sabonea: SABO! SABONEA!!

*Jumps into Kojiro's arms.*

Kojiro: Sabonea! I got it!

*Sabonea's thorns puncture Kojiro's arm.*

*Music stops*

Kojiro: AHHHHHH!

*Music starts from where it left off*

Animelee
30th May 2003, 01:13 AM
Narrator: Today, the Rocket Gang lost two great friends, Arbokku and Matadogasu. They're very sad, and Arbokku and Matadogasu feel the same way. Hopefully, the Pokemon can all live a happy life. And so our story continues, on and on.

*Music continues and fades out.*

I hope you all liked this, since there were a lot of requests for this episode's pictures!

Animelee
30th May 2003, 01:21 AM
Surfin' Makuhita, comin' up!

Animelee
30th May 2003, 01:22 AM
Woah, almost a total wipeout, dude!

Animelee
30th May 2003, 01:25 AM
Let's practice our balance!

Animelee
30th May 2003, 01:26 AM
Hey! Please battle with me!

Animelee
30th May 2003, 01:29 AM
I can make way more! Ah! I need to make more! PLEASE REQUEST MORE! I'm goin' nuts because I'm like, addicted to making screenshots! @_@

Chris 2.1
30th May 2003, 04:17 AM
Maybe we should create a request thread for Animelee's work - somone will be angry that theres no talk of the AG ep27! Good work, though, Animelee.

Can you make a piccie of Corphish for me?

Dragon_Claw
30th May 2003, 06:09 AM
Can you make screenshots of Mudkip battling and Treecko battling (using vine whip or razor leaf, cuz in the anime I think Treecko can, but in the game he can't. Then i can see where those leaves/vines come from.)

Chris 2.1
30th May 2003, 06:46 AM
Treecko hasn't used those attacks yet. To my knowlage, he's used Slam, Pound, and attacks of that nature. I think his twig is used an attack, but i dunno what...

Bacl
30th May 2003, 10:21 AM
Wow! Great job. Man, many thanks for giving us those great shots of...sniff...Arbok and Weezing leaving. That one shot of them crying...oh man! :(

I agree with the suggestion to start your own request thread. It will be the most popular one on the boards, I'll bet you anything. ;)

Chris 2.1
30th May 2003, 12:33 PM
It could be stickified....maybe? Hehe, that pic of James & Cacnea in the white light was great! I'd really love a picture of Vigroth in the Third episode please!

Hanada Tattsu
30th May 2003, 07:02 PM
Wow, those pics were great! Thanks! Makuhita's funny, LOL!

BTW, no I'm not angry, but Otaku, make a request thread and I'll stickify it, k?

Pewter City Geodude
30th May 2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Dragon_Claw
Can you make screenshots of Mudkip battling and Treecko battling (using vine whip or razor leaf, cuz in the anime I think Treecko can, but in the game he can't. Then i can see where those leaves/vines come from.)

Treecko can't use those attacks, period. It must have been a bad translation.

Hanada Tattsu
31st May 2003, 06:47 PM
All right! A new sticky thread has been made where you guys can request screens from Otaku, k? Well, let's try to discuss Episode 27 now, if there's anything left to discuss anyway, lol.

DannyBoy
31st May 2003, 09:39 PM
Does anyone actually know what happened int eh episode since it has aired already?

Hanada Tattsu
1st June 2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by IloveX-TINA
Does anyone actually know what happened int eh episode since it has aired already?

Ask Animelee sometime next week, I think he's seen it.

Pewter City Geodude
1st June 2003, 10:51 AM
I bet I can guess what the dub title's gonna be for this episode:

"There's No Base Like Home"

Animelee
2nd June 2003, 01:04 PM
Would you guys like a written synopses with a few pictures, or one of those two-page synopses highlighting cool and important things from the episode?

Pewter City Geodude
2nd June 2003, 01:11 PM
Either one would be great, thanks. And if you wanna post it over on Bulbagarden, we'd appreciate it there too to add to our unfinished guide list.

Hanada Tattsu
2nd June 2003, 07:03 PM
Yeah, that would be great, Animelee! Thanks!

And, lol, Geodude, I bet ya five dollars that that is gonna be the title, lol.