PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Favorite Pokemon Gym Battles

classy_cat18
25th May 2003, 12:36 AM
I was getting bored, so I thought I'd do this thread. Just wanted to ask everyone:

1. What is your favorite Indigo League gym battle and why?
2. What is your favorite Orange League gym battle and why?
3. What is your favorite Johto League gym battle so far and why? (I know we only have one more gym to go in the US, but if you've seen the last gym battle, you can put it down)
4. If you've seen any of the Hoenn League gym battles, which is your favorite and why?

For me:
1. Vemillion City. When I saw Raichu for the first time, I wanted to hug him so much! And the first time Pikachu did his Agility attack!
2. The one with Drake. Drake's cute, Dragonite's cool, Charizard's badass, need I say more?
3. Ash vs. Faulkner. Charizard and Pidgeot rock!
4. Haven't seen any.

Pichu
25th May 2003, 12:41 AM

Lightning Badge.

The fourth one of course.

3. What is your favorite Johto League gym battle so far and why? (I know we only have one more gym to go in the US, but if you've seen the last gym battle, you can put it down)

The GoldenRod for normal badge.
I haven't seen any episodes past chuck's gym :( (i haven't SEEN chuck's gym yet)

4. If you've seen any of the Hoenn League gym battles, which is your favorite and why?

Not Applicable

Ikujinonai
25th May 2003, 03:29 AM
1. Surge or Blaine. The dialogue between Surge and Ash was really heated and I felt that the episode did a good job of establishing a really intimidating gym leader (and his Pokémon). Blaine was cool because the rivalry between Charizard and Magmar led to some pretty neat tricks.

2. Geez, there aren't many. The last gym, I forgot what it was called, is the only real battle, IMO. Double teams are pretty cool. I wish they'd do more.

3. They all kinda suck... not a lot of good animation happens in the newer series anymore. If I had to choose, I'd say Whitney or Pryce, because in both cases it was kind of unique how Ash defeated him/her.

Jay
25th May 2003, 04:42 AM

I really, really liked the match with Blaine. I recorded it and watched it too many times to be able to count. I can't even remember what happened when I try to look back on it lol. I guess I kinda liked Erika's gym match too - I liked how Gloom got stuck in the fire and it was later rescued. It was sweet

I'd probably pick the fourth one because it was the only real gym battle, other than Drake. A 2vs2 is a big thing now with the release of RuSa, than it was when this was actually being aired - I'd love to be able to see that ep again. I think it would be better in this moment of time

3. What is your favorite Johto League gym battle so far and why?

The only gym matches i've seen in the Johto League are Bugsy and Whitney. Personally I like Bugsy's because I think the environment the gym was set in was cool ... and that Metapod, hehe. That was awesome

soggy_cardboard
25th May 2003, 04:53 AM
i cant remember which is which, but the episode that sticks in my mind, would be:

pikachu vs magmar

i dont really like it, it just sticks in my mind...

i kinda like the clefairy/miltank gym battle (Go Normal-type!)

UmbreonCurse
25th May 2003, 12:51 PM
1: I'd have to say either Surge or Sabrina. Both were awesome, mostly because they seemed to ush Ash to the full limits of his abilities against a Leader that overpowers/intimidates him. Plus, they had good points for humor (Ash being oblivious to Sabrina's father, and that adoable scene with Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle playing, and Teeam Rocket's cheer) and drama (the whole Pikachu deciding weather or not to evolve) And of course the battles themselves, the whole using the tail as a base was awesome, and I love seeing Pikachu's agility.

2: I'd have to say the last one. I've only seen it once, so I don't remember much, I remember the double battle was pretty awesome

3: Of the ones I've seen I'd have to say either Falkner or Whitney. Falkner because, I loved the "flying" doduo and his passion for flight. (and Ash actually remembered Pidgeot!) Whitney, because I could relate Ash's frustation to Miltank's rollout attacks. I went through the same thing...it drove me insane.