PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Student-teacher relationship?

Sakura12
25th May 2003, 03:26 AM
I've got a friend who has a crush on our Mathematics teacher, although he's about 10 years older than her! And besides that, he's gay... So, my poll is:

1) Have you ever had a crush on a teacher before?

2) Would you encourage student-teacher relationships?

My answers:
1) No, although the Math teacher IS kinda cute...
2) No, unless you're 18 and the teacher is 20 or something...

Ikujinonai
25th May 2003, 03:34 AM
We have some pretty young teachers at my school, and though I'd say some are attractive, c'mon... they're your teachers -- they're like your away-from-home parents! I've heard stories about some girls who've had huge crushes on my current math teacher, who is about 30. I've never had a crush on one personally because 1) you wouldn't have a chance in the world, 2) it's considered unethical, and 3) it wouldn't work out anyway.

Jay
25th May 2003, 04:33 AM
1) Have you ever had a crush on a teacher before?

Can we flip the question around for a moment ... Has a teacher had a crush on you before? Well, I'm pretty sure you know what my answer is, and it's true. Last years Geology/History teacher had a crush on me, and she was open enough to admit it. She's really nice and I kinda picked it before she even said it. She was quite biased towards me compared to the others - I'm not sure if she felt sorry for me because I always sat by myself in her class, or if she really did have a crush on me. I don't mind her, myself, but she has a husband (which makes it more scary). I wouldn't want to date a teacher anyway, but other than that, none of the teachers at my school are worth the looking

2) Would you encourage student-teacher relationships?

I wouldn't know how the answer this I'm afraid, I guess it depends. Personally, I don't think i'd encourage it but I can't think of a reason

Last Exile
25th May 2003, 06:13 AM
1. When I was a high school student, yes, there were two female teachers at my high school that were quite attractive, and most of the guys liked them. One of them actually seemed to encourage it, which was really weird. I doubt she ever knew she did evoke such sexual energy.

2. No. I'm training to be a teacher, and I have a strong view on this. Teachers are there to do a job and to help kids/teens in one of the tougher transitions in their lives, but T-S relationships are wrong. It's taking advantage of someone. It's illegal on so many levels. Kissing or touching is enough grounds to be permanently suspended from being able teach. Any further amounts to jail time. And we know how much the media likes to rain down on people that do this. Any teacher that does this would have to be a bit immoral at least. An adult taking advantage of a minor? Ick! Adults should go for other adults. That's the way it is and should be. Unfortunately, some sick bastards don't know better. :(

Yukitsukai
25th May 2003, 12:29 PM
1) Personally, no, but my friend had a crush on one of the teachers in 6th grade :D

2)No, too much of an age gap.

Little_Pikachu
25th May 2003, 01:13 PM
1. No, but half the girls in my high school thought the Geography teacher had a nice *** -_- Most of my friends though this English student teacher had a crush on me because he kept giving me awards for my morbid stories and gory details.

2. I encourage any relationship as long as both people involved are happy.

nightcrow
25th May 2003, 02:49 PM
1. Hahaha yeah, my (subsitute) math teacher was BEYOND hot. He was only like 24, he had a tan, tone arms.. hehe... yeow... :D

2. I don't encourage them, because it can cause major problems for both parties ("she only passed because she was sexing up the teacher!! whine whine whine!!")

Crystal Mew
25th May 2003, 03:14 PM
1. Yeah..I have before.. ._.; like last year...not this school year, my 9th grade school year, I had a crush until I found out he was married :o what a way to break my heart :'(
he was like...20, who knew?
lol

2. Nah..not anymore..I dont think it would be smart to..unless they are a student teacher..thats not married...then go ahead :P

Last Exile
25th May 2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Crystal Mew
1. Yeah..I have before.. ._.; like last year...not this school year, my 9th grade school year, I had a crush until I found out he was married :o what a way to break my heart :'(
he was like...20, who knew?
lol

2. Nah..not anymore..I dont think it would be smart to..unless they are a student teacher..thats not married...then go ahead :P

Does this mean I should stay away from you then? ;)

The_Missing_Link
25th May 2003, 08:11 PM
1) No, most of the male teachers in my school are kind of middle aged. There are some younger ones though who are pretty cute. Don't have a crush on them though

2) As long as the kid is 18 or older and within a 10 year age gap of the teacher, I don't care. Besides that, it's just disgusting