PDA

View Full Version : Mah Art

Iveechan
25th May 2003, 01:44 PM
This an Iveechan, a hybrid of Ivysaur, Eevee, and Hitmonchan...it's a Grass/Fighting type like Breloom, so they're like rivals I guess

[attachment deleted by admin]

xvkarbear
25th May 2003, 02:08 PM
that is very cool! very creative!

Bjarni Haraldur Sigfússon
25th May 2003, 02:08 PM
:D I like ém!

Dragonfree
25th May 2003, 02:12 PM
It's such a cool pic! They look so "Hey! You stole my type!" Your art is so amazing, Iveechan!:D :yes:

Iveechan
25th May 2003, 02:20 PM
Hello, Dragonfree...I'm Karateon from the pokemonicons forum :D. Here's some more made up Pokemon, Ninjami (not shown) and Ninjamya are Fighting/Poison, and Ninjaruka is Fighting/Dark

Dragonfree
25th May 2003, 02:23 PM
I know you're Karateon. I love Ninjami and Ninjaruka too, and that picture of them is cooool.:yes: You're a great artist.

pimuni
25th May 2003, 02:57 PM
wow.... those pictures are amazing... they look pretty much like my drawing style, but unluckily, I do not have a scanner to put my pictures up. I also hate coloring, so all my pictures are black & white. :P

Iveechan
25th May 2003, 04:22 PM
I did this one just now :D

25th May 2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Iveechan
I did this one just now :D

Kúl!

Dragonfree
25th May 2003, 04:29 PM
Um, just so you know, Iveechan, "kúl" means "cool".

Heh, that's a funny Tyrogue...:D I really adore your art, to say it for the fiftieth time...:yes:

Dragonfree
25th May 2003, 04:41 PM
I already did. And answered. But you shouldn't post just to tell people to check their PM, it's considered spam... just remember that from now on.:)

25th May 2003, 04:43 PM
Right, it´s SPAM! I´ll delete this because that´s SPAM!

SneaselReborned
25th May 2003, 04:43 PM
Wow too awesome!

Maybe one of the three sprite editing threads could try to make a picture of some of those?

BTW, the final form that is Fighting/Dark is just sooo AWESOME! Your pics ROCK!

Rambunctious Jamirus
25th May 2003, 04:50 PM
Eee! Those are adorable! I love the expression on the Breloom and Iveechan. The Ninjamya and Ninjaruka are adorable! I especially like the Ninjaruka (has a strange liking for mean looking Pokemon). Please put more of your artwork up for us o view.

Katie
25th May 2003, 05:18 PM
hi :wave:
wow! you're pretty talented with hybrids! do you take requests? :) I just love the way you color, it looks so natural, the shading and all. wow... I really don' know what to comment on, you've blended the pokemon so perfectly, proportions are great... uhhhh wow o_o keep up the great work, you have like nothing to improve on ^_^;

~Katie

Iveechan
25th May 2003, 08:23 PM
I normally take requests, but I'm not accepting any at the moment. This Hitmonarch is pretty fat compared to my more recent drawings of him, but I just like the shading so much (I love my prismas!)

Rambunctious Jamirus
25th May 2003, 08:50 PM
*really missed the bug-eyed smilie* That's amazing! It's so evil lookin' and cool like. Maybe Nintendo should turn to you for new Pokemon. *grins* The shading is awesome and the pose makes Hitmonarch look even more demonic.

Keep up the good work!

Iveechan
25th May 2003, 09:36 PM
Thanx for the replies :)

Heh, I was rummaging around, and found these freaky Pokemon furries...

Iveechan
25th May 2003, 09:42 PM
Man-mar

Iveechan
25th May 2003, 09:44 PM
Watch out, this one's naked! No "nasty" parts though

Rambunctious Jamirus
25th May 2003, 10:03 PM
Ooooo... astounding! I now completely envy you.

The Machop hybrid is great! The expression is cute as well as the ripped clothes (really brings out the personality)

The Magmar/Teenager is adorable! The pose fits its expression well and the way you did the tail is neat.

The Houndoom... 0-0 Little worried when you said she was naked but I'm glad you caught yourself. The shading and colouring are amazing and the pose is fantastic!

Er, I also visited your site and have to say that you're a great artist! Maybe post a few of your pics from there here for everyone ^-^

Keep drawing!

Gengar's Dance
25th May 2003, 11:10 PM
if this is by u, can i PLEASE use it in my sig: http://www.freewebs.com/iveechan/scarypkmn.jpg PLEASE PLEASE!

SneaselReborned
25th May 2003, 11:21 PM
OMFG I thought your piccies you posted here was good but your site blows it all away! You are the best artist I've ever seen! Seriously, your pictures are so fluent and nice.

Anyway, are you taking requests? Because there is one picture that would be awesome if you could do!

Its a Sneasel-Scyther morph job with evilness and darkness and a little bit of metallic Scizor stuff in there as well. Yeah, its basically the three blademasters in my sig put together:D.

Iveechan
26th May 2003, 03:01 AM
to BBallfan1= of course I did it, it IS on my sight :D. Yes

to SneaselReborned= thank you for your kind replies...but I'm not doing requests right now. Too lazy. This pic (which is from the anime, obviously) shows how I feel when I get 100,000 requests in my e-mail...the Machamp represents my e-mails :D

Azura Stardust
26th May 2003, 04:09 AM
I'll have to TRY keep this short (hard! :P), because my computer is BADLY lagging... nasty thing, why can't we upgrade to a P4... part of it has to do with my brother setting to auto-lock at 2 PM :mad: and I didn't know, and left Photoshop running for 26 hours straight -____-;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Anyway - I like the pictures you have there. You have a great colouring hand and your drawing is pretty confident looking, doesn't look scraggly or anything. The only problem I see is the feet, they seem to have fallen to the common and hard-to-get over mistake of trying to make them look like they're not too bumpy and awkward. It's quite unavoidable when doing unnatural paws, esp. on hybrids or furries or that sort of thing, so you may have to end up modifying the paw... I'm very attracted to your colouring, and your computer Tyrogue was really nice to look at :) I also like some of the poses you have on your site, I'm terrible with poses, and one of the pokemon you created (something/dark.. forgot the name), I thought it had an excellent pose, it made me notice it, usually that doesn't happen to most straight-in scanned drawings. I think you have quite a bit of potential and if you were exposed to new styles of art and more advanced techniques + some very good art pieces, you would improve to an impressively high level. ^^ It takes a lot of time, but it's promising. Good job :) and good luck in drawing in the future!

26th May 2003, 04:28 AM
More! Wow, your good Arter!

Umbry Ashley
26th May 2003, 11:49 AM
hey!!thats sooo coool!!loved it!!!

Iveechan
26th May 2003, 03:34 PM
Yeah, I have a real issue with paws (note to self...watch Balto and Lion King for reference). Some of those pics are kinda old though. Well, I'm still learning :D

Iveechan
28th May 2003, 11:50 AM
Zzzzzzap! Besides a Jolly Hitmonchan, another goal in life is to have a Modest Electabuzz, preferably female.

Iveechan
28th May 2003, 01:46 PM
Quilava!

MadmanMike620
28th May 2003, 02:44 PM
Your a good artist Iveechan. I draw to but I don't color just pencil drawings. Anyway keep up the good work.

28th May 2003, 02:45 PM
Quilava and Electabuzz are so strong pokémon!

Iveechan
28th May 2003, 08:43 PM
The lil Tyrogue from that manga I probably won't continue

Iveechan
31st May 2003, 01:18 AM
A sketch of an artsy Smeargle morph

Iveechan
2nd June 2003, 07:42 PM
Reply, darn you, or Marching Link will getcha!

Kohdok
2nd June 2003, 09:31 PM
You know, Smear-Gal might be interested in that Smeargle one you did.

I haven't seen half of this stuff! Are you holding out on us...?

By the way, I do some drawings myself (As you already know) and I can even color it in pencil (With Prismacolors, even! I have a 96-piece set! It cost over $100! I know why you love them!) Anyways, I'm hard at work on a Hitmonchik drawing (A pokemon that Iveechan designed, check it out!) I'll try to post it on another thread if I can get it finished and get my dad to un-pack his scanner...I'll even ink it and color it! Maybe with Photoshop, even!...

Okay...enough ranting (I love my Hitmonarch Avatar!)

--Kohdok signing off--

Krystalline Kabutops
2nd June 2003, 10:11 PM
I love 'em all! Some are so obviously evil others are too cute for words! An artist should always have a little of both, I always say! I wish I could draw, but I can't draw for beans.... >.<

Phoenixsong
6th June 2003, 09:27 PM
O.O;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
That's incredible. And you colored this stuff with Prismacolors ? Geez, I got a set of Primsmacolors at school and they don't work at all for me... personally, I like Caran D'Ache, but hey, that's just me.
...Anyway, your work is just awesome. Your fakes look better than the real stuff, your morphs are unparalled, your regular Pokémon are... um... also better than the real stuff, and that Link picture was cute. It didn't really make sense, but I love it anyway. I'd love to see more!

SmearGal
6th June 2003, 09:37 PM
*casually walks in*

..................!!!

SMEARGLE MORPH!!! FWA FWA FWA FWA FWA FWA FWA!! *glomps Iveechan* XD FINALLY, somebody else who can draw Smeargle Morphs!! *sniffle* '=/ You make me proud.

LOL! That looks like me!! ((As in SmearGal, not IRL. ROFL, that'd be WEIRD!!)) *pokes Kohdok* Heh, I was interested. *nods*

XD Lol, so anyway, keep up the excellent work, Iveechan! And don't stop that Tyrogue comic! O-o';; It funny...XD Cow pies!

~Smear

Iveechan
7th June 2003, 03:12 AM
*Rolls in the pile of praise.* Weeeee!!!

Actually, most of the ones I put up here were colored on computer. But they're still hand drawn and colored on paint, not photoshop or anything fancy pants like that. Don't tell my sister but I "misplaced" a few of the prismas (they're hiding in my room), so I like coloring on the computer better.

And the link thing... heh, he's not wearing underwear under that tunic ;) MY BIRTHDAY'S ON TUESDAY, GIVE ME PRESENTS!!!

Topaz
7th June 2003, 06:15 AM
Way cool! I love created Pokemon! The Breloom look perfect!

Iveechan
10th June 2003, 12:38 AM
Sexy Lance...the arms are kinda messed up, but I may do a better version.

UmbreonCurse
10th June 2003, 12:06 PM
EEEEEEE! Sex-eh Lance! I wanna hug him! He looks so..smug. I love the dragonair too. I hope you do a color version of this pic. I like it lots.

Iveechan
11th June 2003, 01:36 AM
And sexy bruno ;)

Iveechan
11th June 2003, 02:09 AM
Marowak's evolution, the Ground/Fighting Calcibam. It is a blindfolded martial artist whose its long bone staff can snap into a nun-chucks type weapon. It gains Speed and loses Defense in the process.

espreon
14th June 2003, 03:33 PM
Hybrids, pokemon.. etc. all a good place to hide what you can't .
some of your work is indeed amusing, and have a level of solidness, but i don't see you improve during your drawings, you stay at pokemon while you can do more.
you have a sense of positioning, a little sense of poses and measures, but you still stay with pokemon.

The pictures that really do seem to be good, are not colored, or smoothened for that matter, meaning a sketch.

Sketches, shouldnt be tolerated, because for a person like you. its like minute bussines, unless you will work those sketches out i think its a waste of space

i might sound harsh, i might sound like something you'd rather don't want to hear,but if you'd take the time to listen,
you would understand that i'm saying you have talent and need to move on.

(btw, if you're interested i did lance and dragonair to a while back)
http://kenshin.israel.net/jim/Prince.jpg
http://kenshin.israel.net/jim/Dragonairsmall.jpg

Iveechan
16th June 2003, 09:12 PM
Okee doke, a bit of explaining....

I do my best work with crappy pencil and ink. I do put effort into my "sketches". I'm actually not that great, I lack structure, but I hate art classes so I practice a TON on crappy paper using trial and error until it looks good. A lot of the recent stuff I posted are experiments.

I stay with Pokemon because it's my way of meeting people. I could post my Kirin and super-hero ninja boys, but it's so easy to find places for Pokemon geeks to gather.

No, I'm not upset by what you said. Broaden my horizons, I know. I don't want to do art as a career. But I sort of do. Bah, what the frell am I going to do?

Iveechan
17th June 2003, 04:18 AM
Dammit, now to add to my depression, something's wrong with the computer that the scanner's attached to (the one I use now doesn't have a jpg converter program). AHHH!!!! DAMMIT!!!! I HATE EVERYTHING!!!!

Oh yeah, and your Lance's pose is leaning too much.

Azura Stardust
17th June 2003, 04:34 AM
espreon has a point, but the thing is, not all of us take art so seriously :) I dunno, I personally think your human sketches looked quite professional, if I could sketch like that on my textbooks... :o (Because thats where 90% of my art happens.) It reminds me a lot of Takahashi Rumiko's work. (you know, the person who did Ranma 1/2 and Inuyasha... If you still don't know I shall bash you :mad: j/k) I don't know why... its really nice, I think Lance looks freakin' hot but Bruno looks even cooler. :-D

And the calcium dude has some rather kickass poses there. One thing I'm usually not bothered to do.

I have so many problems with my own artwork, I can NOT draw anything that faces the right side of the paper. Especially human faces. My hand just goes beserk. And I'm very worried because not everything can be scanned in and flipped using photoshop to give a variation of direction. I need to keep bitching at my mind to start practicing right-facing sketching, not just left-facing. (Left-facing I'm ok enough at...)

EDIT: And I dont think he necessarily means you should move on from art, but to start getting into deeper work. I don't know if that's always important, but it certainly opens things up a lot, because even cutsey professional artists can do dark pieces if they want to. Just because they only like one certain style doesn't stop them knowing how to do others. Of course it's all up to you...

EDIT2: Oh yeah, and Jim, you like Kenshin too? OMFG I am a kenshin addict :( And Iveechan, you might want to consider getting Photoshop... It's very very helpful, can convert pics into whatever format, well anyway its 100x better than paint, but also a loooooot more expensive, I heard its like 700$. What I did was download it off the net and input a serial number that came with it. :x However that also took a whole day to do... If you don't mind that and you have a good connection (do not try it on a 56k), you should consider getting it and experimenting with it. If not, that's still ok... you don't have to have it but I think it'll help ya quite a bit...

espreon
17th June 2003, 07:38 AM
lance is ment to lean forward, so it crosses the pictures.

and maybe you need some counciling, your depression wont just go away this way.

hehe, youd think a pokemon board FUN YEY WOOOT
while actually its seeked for by individuals, who are lonely, have no life, want to but dont have the guts for it.
or by even cutters, this doesnt really help the social community here, and might even scare those who really are only here for pokemon. really this is not THE way out.

Iveechan
17th June 2003, 02:08 PM
Thanks Espreon, you really made my day -.-;

Iveechan
17th June 2003, 06:43 PM
I feel you think lowly of me. I try to imrove myself everyday, I'm always learning something new when it comes to drawing animals and beasts. You think I just sit there and draw Pokemon and that's it, but I'm constantly teaching myself to improve, like drawing humans which is really hard but I'm getting better at. So I'm not "just stuck with Pokemon". A lot of people I met by liking Pokemon are very smart and fun to talk to, not "losers" as you think them to be.

And even though I need counseling, I don't feel you are in the position to tell me that, especially since you don't know me in real life.

The Muffin Man
18th June 2003, 12:35 PM
love the mythic beast pic, Ivee.

Alright, Espreon. Get your head out of your *** because she's superior to you.

your Lance is leaning. It does not look good. It makes no sense to be leaning on a straight landscape. His eyes are TOO HUGE for his sockets. He has a scar on his cheek. Why? His hair is pink. Not orange. You took too much artistic license and made it look ALOT less like Lance.

The Dragonair is fine...too fat on the bottom of the first loop, way too light, and the orbs are WAY too big on the tail. Overall it's just too thick. 6/10 on that one, and for Lance, 4/10...

Wow, look who shouldn't be talking.