PDA

View Full Version : Megaman

Hanada Tattsu
25th May 2003, 02:01 PM
Is Megaman gonna be aired on Cartoon Network; or just Kids WB?

Thanks for helping.

RJdude
25th May 2003, 02:52 PM
It might be on Cartoon Network, but for now, it's only on Kid's WB. At least I think it is.

Pokemaster Ash
26th May 2003, 11:00 PM
For now, Mega Man NT Warrior is on Kids WB.

The bad part: it's a butchered dub. Not quite as bad as Cardcaptors, but still there's a lot missing. The soundtrack was changed (the original Rockman.EXE anime had a beautiful soundtrack that fit the moments perfectly), some of the names were changed (it's Fire Man and Color Man, not Torch Man and Wacko Man, and also it's Sword and Shotgun, not CyberSword and Blaster). Also some of the characters got unnecessary accents (Mr. Match is not Scottish, nor is Masa (not Maysa) Texan).

This is another case of Kids WB not giving a damn about who's watching and doing what they want with an anime. Trust me, there was NOTHING that needed to be changed except the necessary names (Rockman to Mega Man, Netto to Lan, Meiru to Mayl(u), etc.) and some possible bad language (it's in practically all anime).

...I'm sorry. I didn't mean to rant. However I'm just so pissed off that they did this to a classic video game (okay, Battle Network isn't that old, but Mega Man in general is). I am a fan of the various Mega Man series and I'm just disappointed at what was done with the anime.

kalad1
27th May 2003, 12:13 PM
there was ONE good thing about the dub, Mega/Rockman Didn't SOUND LIKE A GIRL!!!