PDA

View Full Version : :: Politoad and Trainer... (2 pics)::

Scuba.Diving
25th May 2003, 06:42 PM
I made those pics of Misty and her pokemon for the 250000 hits anniversary of my site...

I made it with, first, drawing a sketch on a paper, scan it, trace with illustrator and import it at photoshop... I don't made any special effect because I want to keep it like the real cartoon effect with simply color surface and no shade...

It's my first experiment at this technic, please post your comments... Thanks!

http://www.nitakinan.net/lmm/images05/250000.jpg
http://www.nitakinan.net/lmm/images05/magique.jpg

Enjoy, please send your comment...

Oh, yes! Thank you for the 250000 hits and your participation to my oekaki board too... I know it's french but, very soon I made one in english... Thank you very much... :D

PS : Did you see my signature in japanese... It's my real name... Can tell my my real name? Just for fun... Scuba Diving it's just an pseudonyme... ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Iveechan
25th May 2003, 07:39 PM
That's really cool and cute! I stink at humans, heh...

pimuni
25th May 2003, 07:40 PM
*drools* wow! that art is really amazing! it looks almost like the official art. specially the one with the ash-pikachu... :D

by the way, I know a little of french. :) I can understand it, better than speaking it. :P

Au revoir! Voyez-vous autour autrefois! :P

AndrewPDes
25th May 2003, 09:05 PM
CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE! An Ash Pika! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!!!

sorry. Well I love it! can you draw more?? Mabey an ash-chu comic! muwahahaha... I wish I could draw like that.... sigh.

Scuba.Diving
25th May 2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by AndrewPDes
CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE! An Ash Pika! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!!!

sorry. Well I love it! can you draw more?? Mabey an ash-chu comic! muwahahaha... I wish I could draw like that.... sigh.

Thanks you... Yes I made some mangas, I put it on my site very soon...

I'm looking to exchange links with other FanArts Webmasters... Do you know some people here who's have a website or art gallery? If you have, please PM me, because the Webmaster don't allow to exchange URL directely at the forum... Thanks!

Azura Stardust
26th May 2003, 04:22 AM
*wails in desparation at computer* why lag so bad ;-;

Anyway, I like those pics a lot - it's not the drawing itself, it's ok, but it's more like the design of it. It's a good idea keeping it simple, because it makes you notice it more often. One thing is though, you might have wanted to have made the lines a little less blocky. Then again, I don't know how to use Streamline or Illustrator at ALL... I badly want to know how to, but I'm just messing everything up.... :mad:...

Anyway, OMG, that's such a cute pikachu, you better watch out for AshsBabyLapras, she'll come here and glomp you to death when she sees that :yes:!!! XD I LOVE Misty's expression, though...

Nice clean works, quite nice, and effective too. ^^

I really gotta learn how to use Illustrator and Streamline... You HAVE to give me some tips, please ;___; Show off your uber leet skillz at that stuff :P

By the way, is your name Dominique? Or Dominike? Or Dominic? (I might be missing an accented e or something somewhere, but I'm too lazy to browse through character map to put it in here :P) Something like that, isn't it?

I don't know any french, by the way.... but who cares :wave:!

Scuba.Diving
26th May 2003, 08:40 AM
Wow! Thank you very much for your comments... I don't understand all of your writing, but it's seen happy to me!!!

Why you crying in the first line? Uh!? I missed something? :confused:

Wow you find my real name, you are pretty good in japanese... Just put CK to sound QUE and it's allright!! Félicitation!!! ;)

For Hints to drawing... UH! I can try to post some tutorial... I began to use illustrator because you have more control for the lines... Before that I use ink pencil and scan, and color at photoshop... But since I see some people use Flash 5 to draw characters I try with Illustrator...

First I put my scanned sketch in the background and I made only the outline of the characters, I save at Illustrator EPS and import it at Photoshop... I change lines to more black with color curves ajustment... Color the basics color with the paint bucket and after that I use the selection tool to made shadow colors at news levels...

Originally posted by Azura Stardust
*wails in desparation at computer* why lag so bad ;-;

Anyway, I like those pics a lot - it's not the drawing itself, it's ok, but it's more like the design of it. It's a good idea keeping it simple, because it makes you notice it more often. One thing is though, you might have wanted to have made the lines a little less blocky. Then again, I don't know how to use Streamline or Illustrator at ALL... I badly want to know how to, but I'm just messing everything up.... :mad:...

Anyway, OMG, that's such a cute pikachu, you better watch out for AshsBabyLapras, she'll come here and glomp you to death when she sees that :yes:!!! XD I LOVE Misty's expression, though...

Nice clean works, quite nice, and effective too. ^^

I really gotta learn how to use Illustrator and Streamline... You HAVE to give me some tips, please ;___; Show off your uber leet skillz at that stuff :P

By the way, is your name Dominique? Or Dominike? Or Dominic? (I might be missing an accented e or something somewhere, but I'm too lazy to browse through character map to put it in here :P) Something like that, isn't it?

I don't know any french, by the way.... but who cares :wave:!

Bjarni Haraldur Sigfússon
26th May 2003, 09:10 AM
So cool!

Scuba.Diving
27th May 2003, 07:45 AM
Thank you so much for you good comments... I post more of this soon! :wave:
Maybe this time I use only illustrator and photoshop!

Originally posted by Azura Stardust

Who's Ashbabylapras, Azura? :confused:

ralts_mudkip
30th May 2003, 01:45 PM
PS : Did you see my signature in japanese... It's my real name... Can tell my my real name? Just for fun...Kasumi?!? :o

Anyway, i realy like the second pic. :yes: Keep up the good work! :wave:

Azura Stardust
31st May 2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Scuba.Diving
Thank you so much for you good comments... I post more of this soon! :wave:
Maybe this time I use only illustrator and photoshop!

Who's Ashbabylapras, Azura? :confused:

She's an Ash-maniac... heheh XD

Hm, so you mean you drew an outline over the scanned image? How did you get the lines so smooth though?

Scuba.Diving
12th June 2003, 06:57 PM
At illustrator, I drew a sketch with an normal pencil, I scan it and I use illustrator, just for lines... I use bezies tool

Hexae
12th June 2003, 07:00 PM
The Ash-chu is very nice. ^^;

Scuba.Diving
12th June 2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Hexae
The Ash-chu is very nice. ^^;

Thank you Hexae, I think I send an other Ash-chu for my first post here, I don't remember when I do it... If I find it (somewhere in my too many disks backup) I send it to you ok! ;)

Thank you for the comment! :yes:

Mayamyu
12th June 2003, 07:29 PM
WOW! I love your style SO much.It looks just like the show. Even though I never saw the episode when Ash was turned into a Pikachu... Anyway, you used a pencil sketch, Illustrator and Adobe. Maybe I should get a scanner.... :)

Umbry Ashley
12th June 2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by AndrewPDes

yeaaaah!!!!ash pika is very cute!!good artwork!!!^__^

Scuba.Diving
13th June 2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Umbry Ashley
yeaaaah!!!!ash pika is very cute!!good artwork!!!^__^

Thanks! For the comics (manga) well that a good idea... Aventure of Pika-Ash! It's sounds good!

Gravy
14th June 2003, 11:34 AM
lol, that colouring job is superb, I must say. You have to do a tutorial on it:rolleyes: I just love the way the colours work so well on the picture, making it look very proffesional.
As you can see from my signature, my colouring skills via computer, are lacking so to speak ^_^0

Scuba.Diving
14th June 2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Gravy
lol, that colouring job is superb, I must say. You have to do a tutorial on it:rolleyes: I just love the way the colours work so well on the picture, making it look very proffesional.
As you can see from my signature, my colouring skills via computer, are lacking so to speak ^_^0

That not true, I like your drawing... :)

for my picture I try to use a simply style just to give like a real anime serie, but you can use aerographe for shadows too, it's give more realistic style...

It's great, please send more of your drawings!

I'm not very patient to scan over the others topics... Sometime I miss some of your great drawings pals... So please, send me a message when you send pictures here!

Gravy
15th June 2003, 02:59 PM
That not true, I like your drawing... :)

for my picture I try to use a simply style just to give like a real anime serie, but you can use aerographe for shadows too, it's give more realistic style...

It's great, please send more of your drawings!

I'm not very patient to scan over the others topics... Sometime I miss some of your great drawings pals... So please, send me a message when you send pictures here!

lol, thanx for the comment, but I still consider you my superior *salutes*
I love that simple style though, as I said, it looks very proffesional. Meanwhile, I'm stuck using the gradient tool on photoshop:rolleyes:

Erm....I do have a few pictures up. A few. Mainly because my scanner is busted ^_^0 They're at this address, so you can see for yourself. http://www.geocities.com/daindoo/Artwork_pot.html

Keep up the good work;)

Scuba.Diving
15th June 2003, 07:14 PM
Woâh! I like so much you Misty and Caterpie... And You Temaku too... Your are great... Why you don't send more of your art here?

lol, thanx for the comment, but I still consider you my superior *salutes*
I love that simple style though, as I said, it looks very proffesional. Meanwhile, I'm stuck using the gradient tool on photoshop:rolleyes:

Erm....I do have a few pictures up. A few. Mainly because my scanner is busted ^_^0 They're at this address, so you can see for yourself. http://www.geocities.com/daindoo/Artwork_pot.html

Keep up the good work;)

Gravy
16th June 2003, 11:14 AM
Woâh! I like so much you Misty and Caterpie... And You Temaku too... Your are great... Why you don't send more of your art here?

Personally, I thought that Misty and Caterpie one sucked ^_^0
As much as I'd love to be a big showoff, I can't scan any pictures into my computer, so thats all I have at the moment ^_^0

*Murkrow
16th June 2003, 12:15 PM
As much as I'd love to be a big showoff, I can't scan any pictures into my computer, so thats all I have at the moment ^_^0

Umm, just realised that I've never gotten round to commenting you on your art^_^Er, quickly though, cos I should comment about the others, but hey.My fave's your Wobbuffet/Caterpie one, it's really cute.Get the scanner first, k?Um, now, time to stop sucking up to gravy and comment on the others.
Again, I really like these, I like the style and they look very profesional.My faves the Politoad cos it's really cute^_^
Keep up the good work!:yes:

Scuba.Diving
23rd June 2003, 04:01 PM

No, I like Misty and caterpie... Can you send more of your art here? ;)