PDA

View Full Version : When did you stop?

PIO
25th May 2003, 11:22 PM
When did you stop watching the Pokémon animé, if you did at all? I stopped watching it at the end of the Johto Championships or something...

Entropy
26th May 2003, 08:10 AM
I stopped watching it when the Orange Islands season was just starting here in the US, but for whatever reason, I chose to stop watching. I got interested again and I tuned in when I believe repeats of the Johto season were being aired. Around when Yu-Gi-Oh! was starting to be pimped by 4Kids. That should give you a general idea of how much I missed. Of course, my interest isn't waning any time soon. I have several AG episodes, in high quality. :P

Hanada Tattsu
26th May 2003, 10:28 AM
I've never left, well, I did lose interest a couple of times and watched Disney movies (wierd, I know, wierd) but I soon got back and watched everything I missed, in no time.

I also have no interest in leaving either. I think Pokemon will be my main interest until it goes down.

BenRG
26th May 2003, 03:56 PM
Unfortunately, the animé isn't currently shown on any TV station that I can watch. This is a pity, because when it was last pulled, Master Quest was showing and I was just getting to like it. :mad:

God of Fire
26th May 2003, 04:00 PM
Yup, I kind of left it during the Johto League arc, mainly due to a bad timeslot over here and rather annoying fillers. I picked up again in Master Quest, been watching it when I can since.

Gravy
26th May 2003, 05:42 PM
lol, I've never left. I've endured fierce fillers, and raging repetative plots, but I still have'nt abandoned it. Call me crazy, brave, idiotic, pathetic, but I've recorded EVERY SINGLE EPISODE on video (not really impressive,but meh...)so I doubt I'll ever stop watching the anime. Especially now AG has arrived.

Azure Pathos-Sketchit
26th May 2003, 05:46 PM
*sniff* I stopped watching after the episode where Pryce finds his Piloswine. From then on, the station that showed the Pokémon Anime kept showing it at random times, so I kept missing it. :(

Bacl
26th May 2003, 06:16 PM
I stopped watching out of spite when they kicked brock off the show, and then resumed when he returned. but I've since found those Orange Islands episodes in repeats and on tapes my friends made and found they were fine. I was just being silly. Pokemon forever! :)

Crystal Mew
26th May 2003, 10:34 PM
I never stopped watching the anime :o I still make myself get out of bed on saturday mornings so I can watch the new epi, lol ^^; I dont know...its like I have to see what happens in the end..yano? lol

Animelee
27th May 2003, 12:09 AM
Never stopped, never will. I am watching at least a few episodes everyday, over and over. Memorizing lines, noticing things, etc. I'm playing Ruby all the time, too. 239 hours, baby! Umm, so uh, I'll be a fan forever, and I'll even have Pokemon stickers on my grave. :D

Nikku-San
27th May 2003, 12:32 AM
I hate to say this but... recently. I just can't drag myself out of bed on Saturday (or any other day) before noon. I hate Ruby and Sapphire since the game has been nothing but a 817ch to me and I finally quit after my 20'th failed attempt at beating the Elite 4 posers. I can't get episodes on the net because ops of many IRC channels are tyrannical *****s. And my mom won't buy me cards and I hate everyone at my old Pokemon league which is also too early for me. SO BAH. Me and Pokemon aren't doing too well anymore. :-\

ILikePokemonP
27th May 2003, 01:24 AM
Never did really. I have nearly all episodes in tape (I would have them all except it's shown early in the morning and sometimes sleep has it's say :rolleyes: ). At least it gets me up on a school day :)

E-Leigh-T
27th May 2003, 02:26 AM
I have never stoped watching it and i never will. But I have also known every little thing that is going to happen in the show since the 13th episode, due to spoilers on the internet. But i have decided today that i will now stop reading spoilers due to the fact that the series isn't as good as it used to be and knowing evey thing that is going to happen doesn't help. So i start today and will never read a spoiler again. And this is some thing i will keep because master quest has been boring to me because i knew it all and it was like i was re-watching episodes that i had already seen.

Nikku-San
27th May 2003, 05:34 PM
E-Leigh-T, I did the same thing with Digimon. It increased my enjoyment a lot.

Pewter City Geodude
27th May 2003, 05:41 PM
Haven't stopped watching (aside from the occasional period when YTV plays nothing but Kanto/Johto reruns, many of which I already have on video) ever since I started a couple years ago. :D When new episodes air, I always try to make sure to see them, and tape them while I'm at it.

Pichu
27th May 2003, 06:49 PM
I didn't want to leave... It's just that homework, midterms, and projects start to build up and I have absolutely NO time to watch it.

The exception is that I watch the show after midnight, which is even more tiring.

Its like I want to watch it... but I just got no time. :mad:
Well about the episodes I've seen:
Indigo: about 100%
Orange: about 100%
Johto: about 50% (starting to get really busy)
Master Quest: about 5% (very busy...:mad: )

Oh yes, furthermore... my parents, especially my dad, doesn't like Pokémon at all... so sigh~ that's why I watch it after midnight...

Hanada Tattsu
27th May 2003, 07:09 PM
I don't understand why parents even have a say in what to like or what not to like. I mean, my parents hate Pokemon as much as I hate 4Kids Productions (and that's a lot, I assure you) but they still buy me the videos and take me to Little Tokyo and stuff.

Crystalmaster Mike
28th May 2003, 07:34 AM
When? When VT4 started rerunning, of course! They went till 'Machoke, Machoke Man' and then began rerunning! But suddenly, they stopped rerunning! But they also didn't start showing new epi's! Now there's come Beyblades and Yu-Gi-Oh to take its place. What a pity...

Ashi-chan
28th May 2003, 03:31 PM
Originally said by Bacl:
I stopped watching out of spite when they kicked brock off the show, and then resumed when he returned. but I've since found those Orange Islands episodes in repeats and on tapes my friends made and found they were fine. I was just being silly. Pokemon forever! :)

That's EXACTLY what I did! Takeshi's my absolute fave character in the anime, and when they got rid of him I got all ticked off and refused to watch/associate w/ anything Pocket Monsters until he came back. I didn't even watch the second movie until maybe a year or two after 'cuz I was THAT mad @ Takeshi's removal from the anime and I refused to watch any Pocket Monsters w/ Kenji (barfs). And as soon as he came back, I started watching Pocket Monsters again.

I've gotten over my "I'm not gonna watch Pocket Monsters if Kenji's in it!" thing now, so I like watching the Orange Island eps. I've missed. But I still hate Kenji. No one--and I mean NO ONE can replace my Takeshi-kun! >.<*

Entropy
28th May 2003, 03:48 PM
Technically, Kenji was brought into the scene because at that point 4Kids had a firm grasp over the destiny the anime would take at that time. It turns out that 4Kids had Takeshi leave because he 'didn't look appealing enough to American audiences' so they brought in Kenji. Ultimately, this assumption proved wrong and Takeshi was brought back. Quite hypocritical when 4Kids have no desire to air an episode where a Jynx supposedly passes as a stereotype.

Ashi-chan
28th May 2003, 06:43 PM
Yeah, I knew that. And I think it's totally funny that the writers created Kenji virtually for NOTHING.

RaichuRocks
29th May 2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Entropy
Technically, Kenji was brought into the scene because at that point 4Kids had a firm grasp over the destiny the anime would take at that time. It turns out that 4Kids had Takeshi leave because he 'didn't look appealing enough to American audiences' so they brought in Kenji. Ultimately, this assumption proved wrong and Takeshi was brought back. Quite hypocritical when 4Kids have no desire to air an episode where a Jynx supposedly passes as a stereotype.

4Kids had nothing to do with Takeshi leaving

that happened in Japan first

Kenji is a cool character.
He was made to help and learn from Professor Oak. Duh

Crying over the loss of Brock is pretty empty, considering Misty left too;)

Hanada Tattsu
29th May 2003, 05:51 PM
I'm not sure if what Entropy says is correct, even though it honestly looks and seems like what 4Kids would do, seeming that they are some racist bastards who don't want people who have seemingly darker skin to be on a show.

Ashi-chan
30th May 2003, 12:12 PM
Originally said by RaichuRocks:

Yeah, my doing so over Takeshi probably was, but I guess it was natural for me to get upset over it 'cuz he's my fave character. And it's not like I'm doing it anymore, so yeah.

Hanada Tattsu
30th May 2003, 06:47 PM
Well, I seriously was crying when Misty left, but I never boycotted the show, I just hate May, that's all.

Golden Suikun
30th May 2003, 11:47 PM
I briefly stopped watching the Pokémon series during much of the Johto series; too many boring filler episodes for me. I started to watch it again about two weeks ago when they showed a great episode that had a lot of battling; it got me hooked on the show again.

I've watched every episode in the Kanto series and Orange League. Those were the days....

Animelee
31st May 2003, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by RaichuRocks
4Kids had nothing to do with Takeshi leaving

that happened in Japan first

Kenji is a cool character.
He was made to help and learn from Professor Oak. Duh

http://sekichiku.freehosting.net/faq_satoshi.htm#FAQtakeshi3

:) The site is run by a Japanese woman in her thirties.

Misty
31st May 2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Otaku Shigeru
http://sekichiku.freehosting.net/faq_satoshi.htm#FAQtakeshi3

:) The site is run by a Japanese woman in her thirties.

Say "Go to HELL!!" to the DAMN GOSSIP MONGERERS!

Ahaha :D

Gravy
31st May 2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
Well, I seriously was crying when Misty left, but I never boycotted the show, I just hate May, that's all.

Erm, I don't mean to be nosey.....well, maybe a little....but why do you hate Haruka-chan so much?
I think she has livened up the show. Misty was being pushed into the background and was very quiet starting from season 4 onwards. Besides, its a nice change in personality, and Haruka-chan's expressions are great:yes:
Now that Misty has been replaced, I'll probably be glued to Pokemon for a long time to come.

Hanada Tattsu
31st May 2003, 06:29 PM
Well, May is just too imature for me, I want experienced trainers to go along with Ash, I guess Brock fills the position, but May just seems annoying. I'm the kind of person who liked things they were, the Johto fillers weren't that horrendous for me.