PDA

View Full Version : Oooh Link looks mean!

Wild Female Machoke
26th May 2003, 02:19 PM
I am trying my hand at drawing Zelda characters and had succeeded. 8) I am pleased with how it turned out, especially the coloring. If it's not for an issue of Nintendo Power as a reference, I would never had done that. BTW I preferred drawing the older Link.

http://www.cammyfan.com/Lowena/babies/ko-link.jpg

Oddish17
26th May 2003, 02:28 PM
Yea, Link looks real mean while doing lunges :D

Awesome picture, the coloring and proportions are done very well. Wow is about all I can say.

UmbreonCurse
26th May 2003, 02:33 PM
Eeeeep!! Link looks mighty scary! *hides*
Anyway, Link looks really wel done, kudos

Shining Kabutops
26th May 2003, 02:46 PM
Great picture, I like the way you've done the shading on his tunic. What kind of pencils do you use?

SneaselReborned
26th May 2003, 03:06 PM
Wow! Only two (super minor) things that I would change:

1. The hand holding the sword had too skinny fingers, though it doesn't mess up the creation much.

2. The eyes look a little odd, and the eyelashes don't look natural.

Other than that, AWESOME!! The little star faerie thing is cool too!

Katie
26th May 2003, 08:44 PM
WOW you must be some sort of shading GOD *____* shading sucks, and yet you've got it perfect, just like the folds in the cloth. I envy you.. you've got such a cool realistic (in an anime kinda way .-.) style. Body parts aren't twisted in odd positions... jeeze. I rarely see a pic that doesn't have at least something twisted :< kudos on that! although the only thing that bothers me about this pic is his left arm (well duh, since you can't see his left XD) it seems kinda short, from the shoulder to elbow area. and the finger thing, didn't notice that till SR pointed it out ;p great job, keep up the great work!

p.s. LOVE THE HAIR =D!!!

~Katie

Sandslash and Ninetails
27th May 2003, 02:58 AM
That's a wonderful picture. Link looks very cool the way you drew him, his face really gives the drawing a great look; he doesn't look mean to me, but just like I said, cool. ^_~ The coloring in that picture is wonderful, and the shading is perfect. I really like the pose he's in. His eyes look really good to me, they're very well drawn; I love eyes in pictures. ^^; I agree with Katie about his left arm, though; it does look a little short. Besides that, though, I think it looks really good. Great job, keep up the good work!

Geofree
27th May 2003, 03:04 AM
That is one awesome Link pic! :o The shading is perfect and the merging colours are fantastic. I'm very impressed :yes:

Bjarni Haraldur Sigfússon
27th May 2003, 09:40 AM
They do looks like you!

Phoenixsong
31st May 2003, 08:56 AM
Whoa. Last time I drew a picture of Link that good... I had traced it, heheheh. Absolutley amazing. Actually, I didn't really notice some of the things the others said-I for one see nothing actually wrong with it. The only thing that bothers me is, I was completely unaware that Link had a ponytail... I don't think his hair is long enough. I mean, you did draw this by referencing a Nintendo Power pic, and maybe he had one in that picture, but... I don't remember ever seeing any ponytail. It's doesn't matter, though. You made him look good even with the ponytail, and heck, the way you drew it, it could have always been there, for all I know. Heh. Great work!

Iveechan
31st May 2003, 01:35 PM
In the manga (that was only released in Japan, crappy Nintendo!!!) Link had a little ponytail when his hat was off. Maybe Link is like 20 in this pic and never cuts his hair. I like it, makes him look stylish 8) I'm impressed by the legs myself, legs are evil fro me to draw...

Meowth_Kitten
31st May 2003, 05:10 PM
Gosh, this is so awesome! I've only just recently started playing an old Zelda game for Ninetndo 64, and I've just fallen in love with Link. Especially Link as an adult. He's cute. ^.^ I love your drawing so much. I especially admire the way in which you drew his shield. I would never be able to draw the painting and designs like that. His sword is also brilliantly done. The fairy, is Navi her name? She looks great too, even though you can't see her! I so admire your way of drawing, you've got amazing talent. Would you mind my asking how old you are? I'm curious to know if you're young with this great talent or if you're older, having had much practice to get this good. Keep up the great work!

Lightning
31st May 2003, 05:51 PM
*Gapes at picture* O_O That is just.... amazing!!! +_+ *Stares more* The shading is my favourite part. It looks so perfect and natural. ^_^ The pose is pretty nice too. One thing that kind of bugs me about the picture is that Link's tunic is too long at the.. er... skirt(? oO) part. The hair is amazing. x.x;;; You've done a really, really wonderful job. ^_^ I love your style... and I was actually hoping to see you draw adult Link. ^^' He's one of my favourite characters in everything. Once again, nice job!!

Bai,
Lightning

Craig
31st May 2003, 08:48 PM
That is great!!! no, its not! WAIT NO! I Am kidding! haha I got you there didn't I. Nice picture! It does look like you!! IT HAS FAIRY !!!

I give it 19 out of 10!

Fishchicken
1st June 2003, 08:11 AM
that's really great! the coloring,shading and all are really well done. really wonderful picture,i really like this one,especially the hair looks cool,good that you decided to draw the older Link over the younger.

i'll give it full points,100+ out of 100.