PDA

View Full Version : Eyes of the Forgotten

SneaselReborned
26th May 2003, 10:25 PM
Whee! This could just be a short story, but I might expand on the plot and make this just a prolouge of sorts. Anyway, for now this is a short story! Hope you enjoy it!

Eyes of the Forgotten
A Short Story
By: SneaselReborned

Once, long, long ago, on the planet now inhabited by all living beings, a great race stood on the brink of massive civil war. The race – a group of sludgy, pink slimeballs that had the power to change into anything they wished – had been at the brink for a long time. With great power, comes great responsibility. However, the ancient race did not use this power for good. Instead, great band of villains ravaged through the towns, transmorphed into hybrids of dragons and other beasts. The most legendary of these bandits was Ryu, a devious bandit known for gaining eternal life by killing a certain political power.

And then, there was the flip side. The other side of the coin. Tails. Whatever you want to call it. The side of the others. Another group was coming up, to resist the ravagings of the evil bandits. They would transmorph themselves into demonic fiends with ugly goblin-like faces. They were almost as bad as the bandits, as they would kill any bandits they saw.

And then, finally, there was the rebellion citizens. Not exactly part of the bandits, but not exactly the police force. They were just the middlemen, used to communicate between the two sides. Usually they would be killed after being used, and sometimes they would be experimented with.

Of course, this race did not possess any arms or hands, so in order to transmorph they needed to see something with hands or something like that, and then they could draw a picture to re-transmorph into. This was how many of the sinister transmorphs came into being. One ancient one would draw a picture for the others to morph into for war. There were certain morphs for everyday life, and certain ones for military combat.

The so called police force was funded by the government – the sinister political slobs that enjoyed seeing their world at war. Their entire life was based around pleasure for themselves, which usually had to do with sick mutations and global warfare.

The bandits were funded by many of the simple, non-minding citizens. They put their trust into the bandits, as if they were their own. Everything the bandits needed in terms of morphs for war were provided by the local artist. All the bandits needed to do was ask for a dragon morph or a goblin morph, and they could have that. Some of the ancient beings were used to be transmorphed themselves into artillery such as rockets and the such.

However great this race was, they had one flaw – which was sorted out later through natural selection – they could only be in a transmorphed state for 1 hour. Therefore, in order to fight a war, constant reinforcement morphs were needed so the troops didn’t have to stop fighting after their morph ran out. Also a problem was that after a morph ran out, the ancient one could not use another morph for another few hours. This was a main problem, as every half an hour or so the old troops had to be carried out by dragonmorph lift and taken to recooperate after battle. This meant that any army would have to be composed of triple the normal amount in order to fight a good war.

However, the race did have some very good traits. When in a transmorphed form, killing the unit would be nearly impossible. The only time one army could gain an advantage is when the other army had to revert back to slimy sludgeballs and be taken off by dragonmorph lift. Due to this, troops were killed fast when they were unmorphed, but they were increasingly efficient when transmorphed.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Ryu was currently in a goblin morph – his favorite morph that he managed to sustain most of the day. Due to constant training and exposure to prolonged morphage time, he had managed to break the limited transmorph rate. Smiling, he moved his fingers around, loving to see how he could be better than the others. Better. Just better. Much better. The war would take place now, as he was finally done with his training.

He called in another ogre-morphed ancient one, who bowed down to his presence.

“You there! Make preparations for war! I want all the best morphs ready! Dragon, goblin, catapult, whatever! The government falls today!” Ryu cried, and he slammed his hand on the desk in front of him. The little ogre morph scuttled off in fear to make war preparations. Tomorrow would be a nice bloodbath.

Ryu, the imfamous bandit, was in a small underground tunnel, fit perfectly to hit needs. It was nice and damp, and the darkness wasn’t much of a problem. A little bit of light shone in from holes in the ceiling every little while, but other than that it was pretty dark. Ryu loved the underground cellar-like building where he spent most of his time making battle plans. And tomorrow, he would finally be ready for war. He would finally make the government pay for what they did to his father.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

General Tshii of the government army paced around his nicely built building, shaped conveniently like a pentagon. He was transmorphed into a humanlike morph, and he was dressed in formal military clothing. He touched his knife on his belt, and then his hand strayed to the sheet of paper on the wall. Right there was all the battle plans made in order to defeat Ryu and his bandits. However, Tshii knew there was going to be a war. A civil war. And a nice bloodbath as well. He didn’t care, as long as the government would give him money, he would kill anybody needed. Smirked, Tshii quickly flung his dagger at the wall. The point flew straight and embedded itself at the site of Ryu’s old base.

“My friend, you will be dying soon.” Tshii said, and at that moment another humanoid morph – this one much smaller than himself – came into the room.

“General sah! We have reports that the bandits are forming a major army for a massive assault! Shall we engage our troops?” The little humanoid morph said.

“Yes, yes. Prepare for battle. We need to use our morphs wisely.” Tshii said, and he dismissed the troop. And then, suddenly, his body began to glow white. And his face began to distort and twist, and a huge flash erupted from his now transparent body. After this, all that was left of him was a small pink blob with a tiny mouth. “Damnit I hate that.” Tshii said, and he started to crawl off to his chamber.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

After a few hours, it was dark out, and the moon was full. Tshii was just getting up from his rejuvinative sleep, and he was still in his jelly form. He quickly went to his desk, and was met by another of the little jelly formed people. This one, however, was easily recognizable. This was a member from Ryu’s clan.

“General, please spare me! I don’t want to be in Ryu’s evil bandit squad anymore! I can tell you everything you need to know about the attack!” The little creature sqwuaked, and General Tshii nodded. He went over to a low button on the wall, and pushed it with his jelloey body. Quickly, a humanoid morph came in, and he began to interrogate the defecting ancient one.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Morning was just coming, and Ryu’s troops were just getting ready. They all stood in line to be morphed, and a huge drawing of a dragon stood on one end of the room. On the other end of the room, a megalithic giant picture stood. In another room, a picture of a gruesome wargoblin stood, and on the other end there was a picture of an ogre. And then in the other room were weapon morphs. There were catapults pictures and pictures of giant warbirds and gryphons.

Many of the jello-like bandits were streaming into the rooms every minute, morphing, and leaving for the battlefield. Ryu, of course, was in his favorite goblin morph. He flexed his fingers, and fingered his light, quick sword. Of course, this sword was real. It wasn’t just some morphed creature. This was a real, metal sword – one of the rarest things that one could ever have. Ryu took his sword out and took a few playful slashes at the wall, and then left for the battlefield. He happily remembered that he was unkillable, and he knew that his enemy knew that as well. He alone could destroy the entire enemy army. That is, unless they trapped him. Ryu smirked, and he put on a samurai hat – another of his real items that he loved. He put his sword back into his scabbard and left his underground base, reappearing topside in a few seconds. He loved the speed that he got from his goblin morph.

Topside, he saw rows and rows of warbirds loaded with goblins and some goblin archers as well. He smiled, and he walked over to his own warbird. One of the actual, true, tamed gryphons. He loved the fact that he never had to use any morphed creatures, but he just tamed his own. He quickly got on his gyphons, and slowly rose into the air.

“My fellow creatures! I call you! I tell you! We go to war now! We win back freedom! We win! Win! Win! Win!” Ryu screamed, and a huge roar erupted from the ranks. In a minute, the entire warrior army rose into the air on warbirds, and they all began to fly towards the base of the government army.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

General Tshii smirked, and looked out his window. It was just becoming light, and he was still in jello-form. He had gotten sufficient information from the scum that defected off Ryu’s army before killing him. He had found that Ryu was going to launch a quick assault with no backup for his own base. Tshii saw the flaw in this, and at the moment one sector of his army was raiding the base of Ryu. Smiling, Tshii crawled over to a picture on the wall, and quickly transmorphed into a humanoid swordsman, sword and all. Then he walked out, and met the other sector of his army, ready to intercept the oncoming troops from Ryu.

In a few minutes, the first of the gryphon riders came into view. Tshii’s archers readied their weapons, and began to fire. Ryu just smiled, and his troops fires back with javelins and arrows. The way this was going, Ryu knew he could sweep house.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Back at Ryu’s base, the sector of Tshii’s army sent there had killed everything there and taken control. Leaving a few ancient ones to guard it, they set off to fight Ryu’s army from behind.

Most of Tshii’s army was raiding the base of Ryu. The only hope Tshii had was that the reinforcements would come before the hour of transmorphage ran out. And the reinforcements were rushing towards the battlefield, which was a craggy, volcanic surface known for exloding and rupturing.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Tshii was losing. He knew it. He was going to be defeated in a little while. Even with the malicious difficulty to kill transmorphed ancient ones, Ryu’s assault continued to batter at his forces. And then, over the horizon, he saw his reinforcements.

“Men! Its time for Alpha Beta Gama! Lets do it!” Tshii yelled, and his troops began to fire even faster at Ryu’s troops. When the gryphons came down to attack, they would jump atop them and wrestle them to the ground, stabbing at the hearts of the victims until they fell, only to get back onto the gryphons and rise to the air again.

The troops coming from behind Ryu were advancing fast, and there were many Sorcerers and Death Mages. Tshii smiled. It was time.

“Men! We shall defeat this villainous army once and for all! ASSAULT!” Tshii screamed, and even the troops behind Ryu’s army heard. All the mages raised their staffs, and huge bolts of yellow, red, and blue flew towards the army. Many gryphons fell just there, and the archers along with Tshii shot arrows faster than could be seen. Death Mages started casting demorph spells, and Ryu’s army was caught off guard.

Chaos ensued – gryphons killed gryphons, and the Mages confused Ryu’s army with spells. In the panic, Ryu maintained his calm expression, and hurled spears and arrows at the attackers. He was in trouble now. He was closed in on either side by troops, and his army was no match.

Ryu jumped from his gryphon to the ground, and he whipped out his sword. It flew from place to place, killing various things as it went from ancient one to ancient one. In the melee, Ryu had no time to see his comrades start to unmorph. As this happened, many of them died on the spot. Now it was just Ryu and a few select others against the army of Tshii – fighters that were in prime fighting condition. Ryu was desperate now. He dashed through the troops, looking for Tshii. At least he could take down the leader.

However, it was too much. Soon the hordes surrounded Ryu, and the mages used spells to trap him in energy chains. All his comrades had died, and it was just him against Tshii’s army. The Death Mages surrounded Ryu, and began to chant something. Small white sprinkles twinkled in the air around Ryu, and they glowed brighter and brighter. The mages began to chant faster and faster, and they all closed their eyes in unison, as if concentrating. And then, the white dust surrounded Ryu, and clung onto his skin. His entire body turned into white energy and he screamed in agony. He goblin form started to twist and distort, and the volcanic plain under his began to crack and rupture. And then, Ryu screamed, and the energy chains broke. The ground under him ruptured even more, and his white energy body remolded into a pink blobbish thing. Ryu began to sink into the crack in the ground, slowly, slowly, agonizingly, the lava ate away at his pinkish body, and he was sucked into a abyss under the earth. Ryu managed to mutter one last word before being sucked in completely.

“Ditto.”

SneaselReborned
27th May 2003, 05:31 PM
How about some feedback? Good, bad, ugly?

Should I continue this and make this just the prolouge? I have a storyline plotted out for this, if I do continue this...

Tha Legend
27th May 2003, 06:22 PM
The colors... THE COLORS!!

I liked the story, and I believe it could be a good one. I just have one gripe, and it's purely cosmetic.

Typed words are so much easier for me to read if they have the most contrast possible. It makes my eyes hurt a little to see blue on charcaol-ish black. I can't speak for everyone though, just my two cents.

~Legend~

SneaselReborned
27th May 2003, 09:03 PM
Sorry! Sorry! I'll change that.

Tha Legend - Thanks for feedback! So, should I continue to make chappies?

Everyone, please answer this. More chappies or not? Please voice your REAL opinion! Its ok to say it is better as a Short Story.

Tha Legend
27th May 2003, 10:05 PM
Make more chapters. It's refreshing to sometimes see more original pokèmon fics.
~Legend~