PDA

View Full Version : For The Good of the People *Starts* (LSUs accepted)

Chibi_Sugar
27th May 2003, 06:12 AM
Weeeeee, we finally start ^^ For all you little LSUs....

Plot:
It's been a perfect year. Good weather, good harvest, no demons.... Well, almost no demons. There's a particular demon group that's been terrorizing your village. Your role? Destroy it or have your homes, your families, your lives destroyed. The demon always attacks when a certain priestess is around, as if she hides something. Find out what this something is and bring peace to the village once more.

For signups, I need:

Name: (What are we supposed to call you?)
Race: (Human, Hanyou {half demon} or Youkai {Full blooded demon}
Appearance: (Look in the mirror, what do you see?)
Personality: (How do you act?)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Name: Tsukiyo Hoshida
Race: Human
Appearance: Black hair, blue eyes, wears a light pink kimono with small cherry blossoms on it.
Personality: Very kind and helpful. Almost never gets mad.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tsukiyo Hoshida
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I took a deep breath of the fresh mountain air, scented with the first wildflowers of the year. It was turning out to be a perfect year. "Tsukiyo Tsukiyo!! Come here!" I heard my little sister Asahi calling. "I'll be right there, Asahi-chan...." I called back, quietly rising to my feet and walking back.

kalad1
27th May 2003, 12:03 PM
Name: Janin Darkheart
Race:hanyou(1/2 human 1/2 youkai of pure darkness, hence his name)
appearance:pale skin, black irises,hair that is streaked black and white. he wears a black shirt and black pants as well as a black cloak, he seems to exude darkness.
personality:very introverted and a loner, his very nature makes him suffer thanks to the light of his soul fighting inside him with his darkness.

Janin
I was laying on my bed, awake, and thinking. ( why must I suffer? why must the forces inside me constantly fight, why am I cursed like this? ) after a while of such thoughts, I decided to go hunting, it was the only time I could get peace, the only time my two halves worked together. I ventured outside and went into the woods...

MarshmallowEgg
27th May 2003, 05:26 PM
Name: Shadae Solstice
Race: Hanyou (half-human, half-kitsune (fox) youkai)
Appearance: Shadae has long, straight hair, reddish in color. It is very silky and ends right below her butt. She normally keeps it loose. Her eyes appear gold at first glance, but there are small flecks of blue-green hidden in them. Two small, pointed fox ears, the same color as her hair, are perched atop her head, though they are mostly hidden by her hair She has fangs and claws, which were inherited from her mother along with her ears. She's not very tall, about 5'5", but she seems even smaller because she's so quiet. She wears a golden kimono, the same color as her eyes, with an emerald green border and sapphire designs.
Personality: She's often off in her own world. She loves imagining fantasy worlds with a princess and a prince who sweeps her off her feet. Shadae would love nothing more than to BE the princess that is swept off her feet, but as she doesn't believe that's possible, she just sticks to her imaginations. Many people think she's weird because she talks so little; in fact, some even think she's mute. She's not; she can talk just fine. She just doesn't have very much to say.
Occupation: She doesn't really have a set job; she just does odd jobs for the villagers when she needs money.

Shadae Solstice

The wind swept past me as I sat in my favorite tree, blowing my hair and kimono. My favorite tree was a tree by the creek; its branches were very dense, making me nearly invisble. Besides, it gave the best view of the rushing water. I loved to sit and stare into the creek and just dream. Mostly romantical dreams. I supposed it was kind of weird for a hanyou, of all people, to dream of romance, but it was better than nothing. Hanyous are mostly outcasts. They don't fall in love because no one ever wants to fall in love with them. Which was a shame, because I'd heard that falling in love was a wonderful experience. I supposed that I'd never know for myself, though. No one wants to fall in love with a hanyou.

I dropped quietly off the branch I was sitting on, landing gently on my bare feet. I walked around barefoot all the time, even in winter when the air was chill and snow covered the ground. Shoes were a nuisance. They just stuffed all your toes together and made it impossible to keep your balance. Of course, walking around barefoot all the time had made my feet rought and callused. They weren't soft and dainty like women's feet should be. Another reason why no one would ever fall in love with me, I guess.

I walked quietly into the village, keeping silent and making sure to stay out of peoples' ways'. I had learned that while hanyous weren't exactly accepted as equals in this village, they weren't attacked and scorned, either. Basically, if I kept quiet and behaved well, I was allowed to come and go as I pleased, and possibly even do work for some of the villagers if I needed money. I'd even talked briefly with a few people. It was definitely better than some other places I'd been. I'd had rocks and in some cases even pots and knives thrown at me. I still had a scar on my right arm from a time when a butcher's knife had caught me. It had sliced through my kimono, but luckily it didn't cut too deep. It didn't reach the bone, in any case, though I think it may have gotten to some muscle. The kimono was easily sewn up and the cut only took a day or two to heal.

Arriving at my destination, I pulled a couple coins from my pocket and handed them to the man running the fruit stand. He gave me an apple in return, and I walked around to the side of the nearest buliding to sit in the shade and eat. The day was hot, but the shade combined with the cool crispness of the apple definitely helped to beat the heat. I leaned back against the building and stretched out my legs, crossing them at the ankles. My eyes were closed, soaking up the shade (is that even possible?) as I munched on the apple. My serenity didn't last long, however. I felt a foot hit my ankle, accompanied by a cry as whoever it was tumbled to the ground....

OOC: So, who wants to be the person/youkai/hanyou that tripped over Shadae's foot? C'mon, character interaction, people! It'll be fun!

Tyler and Hobbes
27th May 2003, 08:23 PM
Name: Shade Beluse
Race: Human
Appearance: Long black hair. Blue eyes, more of a Ruby actually. Sometimes he wears shades. He also wears gray tattred shirt, a gold sash, and white pants.
Personality: He's Dark, deceitful. Mainly because he has had tough times. He likes to play mind games. When the time is right he scams. He is very charming. He feels though at the top of the world. Most of the time he's nice. He robs the rich, but doesn't give to the poor.

Shade
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I walked by the fruit salesman. I was wondering what to do, I

was a little bored. I realy tried to be a nice guy, it just was hard sometimes. My dad left my mom, and then she killed herself. it

was just hard having to deel with it. Suddenly I fell back to reality...literally. I tripped over something. I looked up. It was a girl looking down at me, concerned. I just stared. "Um... sorry

about that..." She said, while helping me up. I noticed she was a Hanyou. I didn't realy care. I wasn't apart of the hate people had for half demons or even demons."Oh, it's no problem." I said, while grinning. "Hi, my name's Shade." "Shadae." She blushed.

She probably was wonderin why a human hadn't yelled at her.

MarshmallowEgg
28th May 2003, 09:48 PM
Shadae Solstice

A human. Oh Gods, I had tripped a human. What exactly did the universe have against me? I leapt quickly to my feet.

"Um... sorry about that..." I said, shocking myself with the sound of my voice. It had been a couple days since I'd said anything out loud. I didn't talk very much. I offered my hand to help the man up, but I fully expected him to yell at me and hit me, or at the very least slap my hand away. Instead, to my complete and utter surprise, he took it and let me help him to his feet.

"Oh, it's no problem," he said with a grin. "Hi, my name's Shade."

"Shadae," I told him quietly, blushing. I was amazed he wasn't upset with me. If it had been anyone else, they probably would have had me run out of the village. But he didn't seem like everyone else. Which I should probably be thanking the Gods for right now.

"So... um..." I started, "are you from around here? I mean, I don't remember seeing you before, so I was just wondering...." I trailed off, marveling at the fact that I had said something longer than the amazingly short sentences I usually said. Weird. But then again, today was a weird day in the first place. It wasn't every day I tripped a human and lived to tell about it (figuratively speaking, of course).

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
28th May 2003, 11:21 PM
*Note*: What happens in the below post takes place after Shadae and Shade have wandered out of the village ^_^;;

Name: Hitomi Shimokawa
Race: She's a panther youkai.
Appearance: She's about 5'8", and a bit on the wirey-and-thin side. She has a nice golden tan and red slash markings on her cheekbones, as well as parallel red slashes on the undersides of her arms. She has retractable claws, the slightest hint of fangs and panther ears. Her eyes are greenish hazel and her shoulder-length hair (which is usually loose but she wears a headband and has her side-bangs tied into braids) is black streaked brown. She wears a cream gi and white hakama with bandages bound over her chest area.
Personality: She is a very violent tomboy. Always looking for excitement and if there's a brawl nearby, it's probably caused by her. She talks too much and has certain heavy prejudices, but she's a nice person in her own way. Make friends with her and you've got yourself an instant bodyguard...
Occupation: Exorcist (She beats the crap out of other naughty youkais who have been terrorizing villages or whatever, so she's not exactly the most popular person in the youkai underworld, although most of them are scared of her.)
--------------

The spider youkai was saying, "Don't you dare interrupt my horrible pillaging and destroying of this here village or it will go very hard with you!!"

Hitomi heard something like: "Hit me! Hit me!!" And grinned. With her two fangs glistening in the noonday light.

What an incredibly stupid demon. Nobody, absolutely nobody who had a working brain instead of two neurons huddling together for warmth sprung attacks on villages in the daytime. Especially not Hitomi's particular pet village. Mr Big-Shot Spider Youkai was really asking for it, the bleeding dumbarse.

She yelled to the villagers to clear out and come back in five minutes, just in case. Usually she finished them off quick-as-you-please, but she wanted to be careful in case there was more of them.

"And get all and any priestesses out of the area! Now! Scoot!"

It was weird, but the youkais came more often now to this particular village, where the priestess was a nice enough young girl called Tsukiyo. She'd understand it if only male demons came, but even the females and the queers came, so she'd dismissed that possibility. Last year, it was only a youkai every odd season. Now, even though everything else was plum, it was ten youkais a week, all seemingly from the same neverending gang.

Oh well... at least it kept her busy and contented.

Her intuition had been right. There were more of them... Three more, in fact.

Hitomi decapitated two in a flash and drop-kicked a third one to oblivion, but the last youkai made a ditch attack at her, and slashed her on the arm. She snarled and ran him through on her claws several times as retaliation, getting purple blood on them. Yuk. Disgusting. (That stupid youkai better not have poison on his sticky paws, or I'm in big trouble.)

The villagers filed back into the village square and gaped at the purple blood splattered everywhere. And at Hitomi's long, outstretched, shiney claws. The village elder, a wrinkled old lady named Hanako, hobbled over. "Could you make an effort to kill them in a cleaner way, Shimokawa-san?"

"Eh, heh, heh. I'll try if I feel like it. So what's the pay for brutally murdering four spider youkais? Better be good, cause I think I'm gonna have to take a friggin' bath after this- ow!" She buckled over, grabbing her arm. "@&!*#%$#*&$&(# spider youkai... oi, Elder, got any antidote for youkai poison?"

Prof. Jb Wolf
29th May 2003, 12:43 AM
Name: Seikoru Sanessan
Race: Wolf Youkai
Appearance: Medium-length silver-white hair that falls down to just a a little past his chin and nape of his neck. His bangs are unusually long and obscure his eyes so he pulls it back either into a smal bun on the back of his head or a short ponytail. Eyes are a very light brown, almost amber in color, but not quite. A blue crescent moon mark is placed on his forehead, and a triple slash mark is on his right cheek, markings of his clan. They are usually hidden beneath a headband and patch, to hide his affiliation. His pointed, wolf-like ears are were normal ears would be and are extremely sensitive. Wears a billowing-sleeved black hakama, with a white sleeveless shirt underneath, and a long pair of blue Oriental plants tied at the shins to hold it down. Stitched on his back is an enlarged crescent moon with a large circle within the curve, all in gold thread.
Personality: A free-spirit, he wanders the land on a personal quest. He is the quintessential gentlmen, always extremely polite and well-spoken. Very attentive to details, and always a good listener. Loyal to any he can call friend, and a bit too trusting, he puts the cares of everyone else above his own.

Seikoru Sanessan
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I blinked as my ears began to twitch. So far it had been a pleasent year, even for an outcast such as myself. The village I had found to be a quiet home for the most part. Granted, most of the villagers looked down on me, but most of them I had been able to win over. Those were usually the ones that I had helped cure of sickness, but I took all the friends I could get.

But now my ears were twitching, and that was usually a sign of something about to happen. I t remained to be seen which it was.

Tyler and Hobbes
29th May 2003, 09:32 AM
Shade
~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Are you from around here? I mean, I don't remember seeing you before, so I was just wondering...." Shadae said. She was nice. "Yes." I said, laughing. "Well, seeing as your apples on the floor..." I said, looking at her trampled apple. "Would you like to have lunch with me? I'm buying. but you don't have to I just thought..." she looked shocked. She nodded. "Thank you..." she said, smiling.

Prof. Jb Wolf
29th May 2003, 07:25 PM
Seikoru Sanessan
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"SANESSAN-SENSEI!" I looked down from where I was placing some rare herbs on the shelf. One of the younger villagers had rushed in, Toka I think his name was.

"Toka-san, wh-" I was cut off mid-sentence as the man smashed into my ladder, overbalancing me and nearly sending me, along with the jar of herbs in my hand, crashing to the floor.

But, with the help of some trained Youkai reflexess, I was able to catch myself, and the jar before I hit the ground. Letting out my breath as I carefully placed the jar on a nearby table top, I turned to Toka, who was gingerly extracting himself from my ladder.

"May I inquire as to what the rush is, Toka-san?" I said, quietly slipping my hands into the billowing sleeves of my hakama.

"Gomen Sanessan-sensei." He gave me a slight bow before speaking his message in a rush. "Elder Hanako was wondering if you had any antidotes to Spider Youkai poison."

"Let me guess," I said as I uncorked a jar and poured it into a small vial. "One of the villagers was injured in a fight with the youkai?"

"Not exactly sir."

I nodded and carefully placed the vial in a small case along with some salves and bandages. "Well, at any rate, please lead me to where the patient is. If he has been fighting spider youkai, he has likely sustained some other injuries as well."

Toka nodded, before leading me out towards the town square.

MarshmallowEgg
29th May 2003, 08:59 PM
Shadae Solstice

I was totally speechless. Someone wanted me to go to lunch with them? Just more than a little shocking.... Incidentally, this was quite possibly the most interaction I'd had with anyone since my father died. From then on my only conversations went something like this:

Person: Oi! Hanyou! Want some work?

Me: What would you like me to do?

Person: *explains*

Me: *does*

Person: *pays*

Me: *leaves*

And that was about it. That, of course, wasn't counting the times I had been run out of villages; normally only the villagers said anything, I just ran. But this was totally different than either of those times. He didn't seem to care at all that I was a hanyou. He didn't seem to care at all that I had tripped him (accidentally, of course, but I had still done it). And he was taking me to lunch. Maybe I'm still up in that tree. Maybe I fell asleep up there while I was thinking about all that romance stuff and everything that's happening is completely dreamed up. Quickly, while Shade wasn't looking, I jabbed myself in the arm with one of my claws. It stung a little. Guess I wasn't dreaming after all.

"So...." I began. Why was I saying something first? I never said anything first! Then again, I never had a day as strange as this before. I guess we could call this day kind of... oh, I don't know the right word for it. It's definitely out of the ordinary, though.

"So...." he repeated.

"Um... where are we going? I mean, I know we're going to lunch, but where are we going to eat?" I asked.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
30th May 2003, 12:28 PM
Hitomi Shimokawa/F/Youkai
------------

"I'LL TEND MY OWN WOUNDS, DAMMIT! I DON'T NEED NO GIRLIE DOIN' IT FOR ME!!"

The little girl that was rather helpfully trying to bandage Hitomi's arm dropped the bandages and shot behind the elder's bent form. Elder Hanako's eyebrow twitched almost imperceptibly. "Tell me, if you are a right-hander, and your right hand happens to be the one that's injured, how do you go about cleaning the wound, applying the antidote if any, and tying a bandage around it without any form of physical help from others?"

"I've got this reputation to keep up in the youkai underworld, yeah?"

"You won't have much of a reputation to keep if you die." The elder beckoned to the child. "Come, Nanami, ignore the distracted ramblings of Shimokawa-san and clean her wound for her."

"Yer starting to talk depressing. AS IF some lousy second-hand youkai poison is gonna kill ME, the great Hi- GAH!" Hitomi would have rolled around on the straw mattress snarling at the offending arm had it not been that at the point the toxins started to hitch a ride in her bloodstream and paralyze her limbs. "Aw, BUGGER!"

"Excuse me, Elder, where is the patient?"

Hitomi smelt youkai. She automatically leapt to disembowel the speaker, but in mid-air her limbs twisted themselves into a prone position and she ended up falling on the floor in front of the aforementioned youkai, much to the amusement of the annoying guy who'd brought him here. She made a point to clean his clock later. When she was better. Yesssss.

Then she looked up.

"Oh. It's you. The wandering doctor person. Buddy boy, I wouldn't be laughing so hard if I was you, bloody human idiot, @&#%*$#&#^@..."

kalad1
30th May 2003, 05:42 PM
Janin Darkheart
I was out hunting, and found a youkai, it seemed to be an.... ant based one, weird. "Hello, I'm here to kill you." I said WAY too cheerfully. It spun around, it's humanoid body had four arms and his head had pinsers where his mouth should have been. I was standing in the dark shadows and he lunged at me, and I shifted, instantly going to the next shadow over. "nice try, but I am one with the shadows, now let the shaodws devour you! SHADOW EDGE!" the shadows around him moved, OFF the ground and slashed him up. that was a pathetic youkai, well, I picked up his head and started back to town, I might get a reward for it...

Prof. Jb Wolf
30th May 2003, 09:15 PM
Seikoru Sanessan
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I raised one white eyebrow. I should have known that it would be Shimokawa...

I waved for Toka to calm his laughing as I lightly rolled Shimokawa on to her back, her cursing the whole time of course. "Please Shimokawa-dono, such language in front of little children."

Of course she just growled at me and cursed some more. Suddenly I was tempted to let the poison course a little longer till it froze up her vocal chords, but of course by then, my treatments would be unable to save her. Well, one can not have everything so they say.

I pulled out my medical case and extracted the youkai poison antidote from inside. "You'll have to drink this Shimokawa-dono." I said. "It has a bit of a nasty taste to it, but it should get some of that poison out of your system."

She looked at me. "Well I can't very well do that with my bloody arms paralyzed ya know! AND YOU," She yelled at Toka, who was still chuckling despite my intent to get him to shut up. "I swear I'll kick yer *** as soon as I'm better."

I sighed and poured the contents of the vial down her throat, as much to get her to ingest it as to shut her up. She gurgled before swallowing the foul-tasting antidote. During that moment of quiet I pulled some bandages and salve from my case and applied it to her injured arm.

"That should do it." I murmured as she finally swallowed the rest of the antidote down. "You should get a feeling in your arms and legs again in an hour or two. I also suggest you watch it with your right arm. It is a nasty gash that you have received, that it is. May hinder you in your fights, ne?"

She just sat there and glared at me. I turned to Elder Hanako. "Elder, I suggest you make sure Shimokawa-dono does not move for at least an hour." I threw a small smile towards Shimokawa. "I do not think any youkai will be about in an hour Shimokawa-dono, so please rest. Doctor's orders."

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
31st May 2003, 11:23 AM
Hitomi Shimokawa/F/Youkai
-----------

"What? Stay here? For an hour? A whole hour? Really truly? With no entertainment? And nothing to do? Where everyone will come to gawk at me like this moron? Oi, SHUT UP! I'LL KILL YOU, YOU LITTLE F-" She got two sideways glances from both Seikoru and the elder, then decided to rephrase the sentence. "I mean, you little ... lovemaking... lovechild... thingy... WHATEVER!"

"What is lovemaking?" asked Nanami of Toka, tugging at his yukata sleeve. "Is it very unpleasant?"

"It's something you shouldn't be thinking about yet," replied the other, the corners of his mouth twitching. "I expect your mother will tell you, oh, about ten years later..."

"Ahhhhhh, crap," groused Hitomi, sliding further down onto the mattress. This was turning out to be a depressing day. She hadn't even had lunch yet. "Hey, Elder, got any books?"

"I have several scrolls on the art of trapping youkai and extricating their innards to make beneficial items and substances, with a special section on the rare black panther youkai," replied Elder Hanako with a perfectly straight face. It was hard to tell if she was being sarcastic or merely stating the facts. "Are you interested, Shimokawa-san?"

Hitomi grimaced. "Yuk. That's a hell lotta gross." And brightened almost immediately. "COOL! Bring it on! Maybe if one day I have to travel back to Mount Fuji and kill my yarou of a sister I can sell her bits off!"

"What is a yarou, Toka-nii-san?"

"Er..."

As the elder hobbled off to her storeroom grumbling about insinuating and annoying youkais that didn't know how to thank their gods for their good fortune in not dying, Hitomi turned to Seikoru, who had been about to leave, and fixed him with a fanged grin. "Oi, Seikoru, you free?"

"Uh... why do you ask, Shimokawa-dono?"

"'Cause I can't read."
-----------
OOC: I'm going to be outstation until Wednesday -_-; But if I can find a computer with Internet access... heheheheh. If possible, please include Hitomi in events...

Tyler and Hobbes
4th June 2003, 01:51 AM
Shade
~~~~~~~~~~~~
"So..." she said. "So..." I repeated. "Um... where are we going? I

mean, I know we're going to lunch, but where are we going to eat?"she asked. "Well your just going to have to wait and see." I

said, holding her hand and running. We ran through an alley, until we came to the forest. I let go of her hand and motioned for her to follow me. I ran in zig-zags. She laughed. we finally came

to the place. It was a sparkling lake, untouched by anyone except me. I pointed to a giant lilypad, "That's were we're going to eat." I said. "Wow..." I could hear her say. I took her hand and we jumped on the pad. "my own, private lake." I said. "No one

knows about this place?" she asked. "Yeah." "but you showed me." "Yeah." "That was nice." she said. "So what are we going to eat?" she asked. I motioned for her to look at another lillypad. On it was a supply of fruits like watermelon, and grapes. I put three clusters of grapes in the middle of us. "Enjoy." I said, smiling.