PDA

View Full Version : Open Challenge (ref Needed)

Dark Dragonite
27th May 2003, 09:41 AM
I thought the Caps would get your attention...
Ok, I want to have a battle with someone, now, part of me wants a quick 1-1, another part wants more, so, once I accept my challenger, let's PM or AIM to find out what will go on here:

The only set rules so far:

You release first, I attack first this round

Arena: An open field with green grass, a few tall, strong trees, and a lake, sizeable enough for water attacks such as surf to be useable.
UNLESS WE CAN THINK UP A MORE FUN ONE, but I don't want to eleiminate a type of pokemon from being able to battle on it.

Ref: Active please

Also: If 1-1 DQ is 5 days, if anything more, DQ is 3 days!!

Mindprobe
27th May 2003, 10:43 AM
I have three sides, one wanting to ref this, one wanting to battle this, and one wanting to leave this topic alone.

I decided to battle if this is a 1-3 on 1-3 battle.

I'll ref if this is a 4-6 on 4-6.

I'll leave this topic if you are not intrested in me being battler/referee.

*hopes for more than 3on3*

SilverMachop
27th May 2003, 06:21 PM
I'll battle you, Dark Dragonite.

My team may be young and unevolved, but they are tough (they eached pulled their weight in a 6 VS. 6 VS 6 all-at-once battle), and they are also humorous. I know you've been here for some time, but I can guarentee you that my team is probably the most outrageous and silly team you've seen. I may not be the greatest challenge you'll have, but I will be one of the most unique!

I would love to battle 4 to 6 with you. Preferably, I enjoy 6-6 battles a lot, but I'm comfortable with any length.

If you'll except me, we'll set the conditions, I'll send out my first Pokémon, and we'll battle!

So...is that okay with you?

Ultimate Charizard
27th May 2003, 06:25 PM
Ill ref if your willing to give an inexperienced ref a chance.

Dark Dragonite
27th May 2003, 07:24 PM
Ah crud, I should have known something like this would happen...
I would really like to give UC a chance to ref this, and I will.
I want a 2-2 agianst you Mindprobe!!
I have something else in store for you Silver Machop!!

Mindprobe, if you accept, please PM me with any rules you would like to discuss, and arena.

And please Silver Machop and Mindprobe step in the direction of this post:
http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17115

Mindprobe
28th May 2003, 02:38 AM
Yesterday, our fan from the computer got broken. I cannot use the computer for, who knows how long. And next week I'm going to a holiday to Helsinki, the capital of Finland. I'm sorry about all inconviniences and I'm asking Cyrus to sub-ref and sub-battle all my reffings and battles. I'm writing this on school computer, and this might be the last time I'm writing for maximum of two weeks if not longer.

Mystic Island Rumble - I will ask this to be postponed until I come back, but if you don't want to, Cyrus can replace me. *hands over slash's poke-ball to Cyrus* Take good care Slash, you are in good hands.

3way 3on3 - Postponed, until I come back.

1on1 with Waterelite - Postponed or Cyrus subs. *hands over Demi's poke-ball to Cyrus*

Jolteon100 vs. *g_rock* - Postponed or Cyrus sub-refs.

Dark Dragonite's Challenge - Not going to start before I come back or dd can find another opponent. Sorry DD, I know you were looking forward to this.

I'm really sorry about this inconvinience, but I can't do anything about it.

Mindprobe
28th May 2003, 12:54 PM
That was a false alarm, my dad fixed the fan. But you have to understand, I thought it will take weeks, like it took with changing a light.

So, I can still keep on reffing/battling, sorry again

Dark Dragonite
29th May 2003, 11:28 AM
Ok, I would like to battle you then here, and UC agreed to ref for me :D

Mindprobe
29th May 2003, 12:20 PM
I'll start with my male Scyther, Slash.

Yumemiru
30th May 2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Mindprobe
and I'm asking Cyrus to sub-ref and sub-battle all my reffings and battles.

For future reference, you may not have someone 'sub-battle' for you while you are gone. If you post that you will be away in the Absence Tower, you won't be DQ'd. But the battle will just be postponed until you return. Others cannot battle for you.

Mindprobe
30th May 2003, 11:57 AM
Cyrus told me that allready.

All I have learnt have come from Cyrus and his knowledge
*pows*

Dark Dragonite
30th May 2003, 12:41 PM
I hope Cyrus didn't tell you how to battle me, cause I change often:

Well, I won't be typical, and send out a fire type, or a psychic, instead, I send out:

Rocky, the Male Steelix!!

Rocky, start off with a Double Team, then if Scyther comes close, Toxic it, then Flail at it!!
If Scyther doesn't come close, Rock Throw at it, then Screech at it!!

Mindprobe
31st May 2003, 04:10 AM
Gah, a type disadvantage, again...how typical...

Well, we have to pull off another type-disadvantage battle Slash. Bah, I hate when this happens.

Slash use your safeguard, they allways come in handy.

Then, I want you to go towards Steelix, safeguard protects you from the venomous toxins. While it creates the venom, create a substitute, put about 20% health power to it.

The substitute should take the flail attack fairly easily. After the attack has gone, fire a homing swift attack, get rid of the clones.

Ultimate Charizard
1st June 2003, 07:20 PM
Dark Dragonite Vs Mindprobe

Pre-Battle

Dark Dragonite
Steelix(M) ~ 100% (No Fatigue)
Double Team ~ Toxic/Rock Throw ~ Flail/Screech

Vs

Mindprobe
Scyther(M) ~ 100% (No Fatigue)
Safeguard ~ Substitute ~ Swift

Arena ~

Round Begin

The battlers appear at the edge of the marked out arena the ref is just finishing painting on the field. Sweating he moves to his own position and raises his flag. Two pokemon are released. A lithe and agile looking Scyther and a towering brute, more commonly known as a Steelix.

As the battle begins the trainers call out their orders and immediately both pokemon begin to glow. One seems to split and produce a number of clones of itself. The other produces a spinning circle of stars that pass around it, coating it in a temporary defensive shield.

All 3 of the Steelix begin to chew, seemingly on nothing but as thier faces bulge they each spray a foul purple goo. All three blasts hit the Scyther at the same time but it seems not to react at all. Infact it simply stands its ground as if nothing had touched it.

Getting confused at this Steelix roars and lunges forward, thrashig about wildly it connects solidly with its opponent but once again it doesnt flinch. As the much larger pokemon tries to work this out a barrage of small stars appear from nowhere and assail the large metal Pokemon. Roaring, more in annoyance than pain Steelix can only watch as his clones vanish into nothingness and he eyes this seemingly tough Bug pokemon.

End Of Round

Dark Dragonite
Steelix(M) ~ 97% (Slightly tired, annoyed)

Vs

Mindprobe
Scyther(M) ~ 80% (a little tired)

Mindprobe
2nd June 2003, 04:27 AM
You have too strong opponent Slash, we have to do something about it.

Now that Steelix is confused about the substitute, use baton pass, pass it Grizz, my female Ursaring. The baton pass takes the entire round, so we cannot do anything else. Welcome on board Grizz, this is your first fight.

Slash: "I would've kicked that one's arse!"
Mindprobe: "I'm sure you would've, now shu!"
Slash: *sigh* "Okay!"

Mindprobe
3rd June 2003, 03:16 AM
I will be away startingfrom tomorrow to Saturday. I will be on holiday with my family. Sorry for the postpone status DD, but meh...

Ultimate Charizard
3rd June 2003, 07:24 PM
Well since Both competitors are gonna be away *waves flag*

Match postponed.

Dark Dragonite
19th June 2003, 04:30 PM
Does this mean the match can continue, or is it just gone??

Ultimate Charizard
19th June 2003, 04:47 PM
I think it would be best to Simply end it unless mindprobe shows up.

I know this is waiting for a reffing but if he posts and wishes to continue this ill write the reffing.

Mindprobe
20th June 2003, 08:01 AM
I'm ready to continue, and it's DD's turn to post her steelix attacks

Dark Dragonite
22nd June 2003, 12:51 PM
Ok, Rocky, if possible, Bind the new opponent with your long snake-like body, then tighten with a Strength, and finish with a Slam!!

If you can't attack the new opponent, try to stop the old one from leaving with those attacks!!

If the new one shows up while you were trying to get the old one, quickly bind the new one!!

Mindprobe
23rd June 2003, 03:46 AM
Reeeffff?!?

Ultimate Charizard
23rd June 2003, 10:15 AM
Sorry, just give me chance im a little tied up but ill get to this ASAP

Ultimate Charizard
25th June 2003, 08:09 PM

Pre-Battle

Dark Dragonite
Steelix(M) ~ ~97% (Slightly tired, annoyed)
Bind ~ Strength/Bind ~ Slam/Strength/Bind

Vs

Mindprobe
Scyther(M) ~ 80% (a little tired)
Baton Pass to Ursaring

Arena ~

Round Begin

As the new round begins Steelix Roars and lunges forward inent on wrapping its huge body around its foe. As it approaches however Scyther Vanishes, in its place a large white baton that fades out of existence.

Looking around Steelix hears a low roar and sees its new opponent, the Bear pokemon Ursaring. Many pokemon would fear this strong and fearsome pokemon but to steelix it is a small little teadybear....and he wants to give it a hug. Wrapping his body around this new opponent he squeezes hearing the Ursaring cry out in pain.

Smiling at the suffering pokemons pain Steelix concentrates and tightens his Grip, altering his strength attack to increase the pressure and Ursaring once more roars in pain.

End Of Round

Dark Dragonite
Steelix(M) ~ 97% (Slightly tired)

Vs

Mindprobe
Ursaring - Grizz(F) ~ 85% (Breathless due to Pressure on her chest)

Dark Dragonite
26th June 2003, 08:00 PM
Hmmm, it seems Rocky was a wise choice, now, we have to be careful, take advantage of this situation, while that Ursaring is in your grip, Rollout to try and make it dizzy and confused. Next, Toxic so it should be pretty well taken care of now, let go of your bind, and if possible, Rock Throw to try and crush it!!

Mindprobe
27th June 2003, 03:31 AM
UC, could you please show the substitute's remaining health power and the safeguard that passed on Ursaring from Scyther. Now I don't know what is active now, safeguard or substitute...dunno. Personally I don't care, since I have a feeling tha tI will loose :D

Now that you are in grip of that big monster Grizz, you don't have a way missing this attack. Dynamic Punch!

Try to make it flinch from the explosion, run after it if it's far away and then burn it with Fire Punch.

I don't know if Rock Throw is counted as counterable attack, since I don't know how UC refs it. Well here's two options:
If it's counterable Counter the rocks and make sure Steelix will take the damage double.
If it's not counterable, burn it with another Fire Punch.

Dynamic Punch ~ Fire Punch ~ Fire Punch / Counter

Ultimate Charizard
28th June 2003, 01:30 PM
Sorry i totally forgot about those status effects. I cant think why i didnt put them on the end of round stats. Ill take them into consideration for this round although im afraid i cant remove the damage Ursaring has sustained.

Ill get to reffing this either tonight or tommorrow.

Ultimate Charizard
30th June 2003, 05:04 PM

Since ive already added damage to Ursaring ill have to ignore substitute im afraid, totally my fault although since youve switched pokemon i cant really return the HP u spent on it. Safeguard is in effect however.

Pre-Battle

Dark Dragonite
Steelix(M) ~ 97% (Slightly tired)
Rollout ~ Toxic ~ Rock Throw

Vs

Mindprobe
Ursaring - Grizz(F) ~ 85% (Breathless due to Pressure on her chest) Safeguard for 3 more turns
Dynamic Punch ~ FirePunch ~ Counter/Firepunch

Arena ~

[I]Round Begin

The next round begins the same way the last one ended, with Ursaring caught in Steelix's bind. Steelix begins to rollover with Ursaring in its grip, smashing it into the ground repeatedly. Once the rolling stopped Ursaring pulled back its arm and launched a spectacular punch which clearly hurt the larger pokemon although wether much damage was caused through the tough steel skin is doubtfull.

Regardless of the damage the punch did allow Ursaring to break the hold and scramble clear. Charging back towards steelix her fist begins to glow and begins to burn. Seeing the attack coming Steelix spits a glob of stinging poison at its opponent. Unfortunately the glowing shield Ursaring seems to have makes the toxic attack simply slide off Grizz and she continues her charge, connecting with her Fire Punch.

Roaring in Pain from the fire attack Steelix smashes its tail into the ground and swipes at the rubble, hurling the loose rocks at Ursaring. They hit theyre mark but surprisingly for Steelix a number came flying back leaving Ursaring smiling as the glowing Aura faded from her.

End Of Round

Dark Dragonite
Steelix(M) ~ 61% (Breathing heavily)

Vs

Mindprobe
Ursaring - Grizz(F) ~ 68% (Panting) Safeguard in effect for 2 more turns.

Mindprobe
1st July 2003, 02:58 PM
No prbs UC, mistakes happen

Great Ursaring, you caught the pokemon off guard.

Use your trembling earthquake for start.

Then when he's recovering from his hit it with fire punch avalanche.

If he tries to attract you, be a show off and follow your command list.

If he tries roar, plug your ears, if he tries scary face, close your eyes, but don't let your guard down, in either case.

Earthquake/Plug Ears/Close Eyes ~ Fire Punch/Plug Ears/close Eyes ~ Fire Punch/Plug Ears/Close Eyes

EDIT: Edited the attack post, but DD accepted it, so no hard feelings should result.

BTW, UC mentioed that the dynamic punch didn't possibly do much damage cos of Steelix's hard skin. Fighting > Steel, for strange reason, but it is. And I would like to ask somekind of re-doing the round cos I didn't know that you ref steel as not weak to fighting, anyhow, meh.

Ultimate Charizard
1st July 2003, 03:43 PM
Dont worry Mindprobe i took into account the weaknesses and took off enough damage. I simply reffed it from a bystanders view, a physical attack hitting a steel wall etc.

Theres no need for a re-reffing

Dark Dragonite
5th July 2003, 11:05 AM
Ok Rocky, start off with a Screech, while it is holding it's ears, Bind it again, then Strength to crush that bear!!

Mindprobe
9th July 2003, 05:16 AM
UC ref this battle! I don't want this to go on for ages!

If no activity signs from UC is noticed, I would like to change the ref for someone who is active. No offense UC ^_^;;

Ultimate Charizard
9th July 2003, 12:55 PM
None taken, ill try and get this done today ive simply been busy. Now im out of college my job has pulled all the hours they can and im pretty tired most days. Ill get this done though.

Sorry for the delay.

Ultimate Charizard
9th July 2003, 08:02 PM

Pre-Battle

Dark Dragonite
Steelix(M) ~ 61% (Breathing heavily)
Screech ~ Bind ~ Strength

Vs

Mindprobe
Ursaring - Grizz(F) ~ 68% (Panting) Safeguard in effect for 2 more turns.
Earthquake/Plug Ears/Close Eyes ~ Fire Punch/Plug Ears/close Eyes ~ Fire Punch/Plug Ears/Close Eyes

[I]Arena ~

[I]Round Begin

As this next round starts it seems the Trainers are getting Devious. Listening to his opponents orders DarkDragonite orders his Steelix to use a Screech and it obeys. Although the attack itself doesnt work it does make Ursaring forget about using its Earthquake attack and with its paws over its ears it is vulnerable to further attack.

Taking advantage of the Situation the Gigantic Steelix charges, intent on wrapping its body around Ursaring again. Lowering its paws Ursaring sees it coming but reacts too slowly. Its fist begins to burn and it lands a glancing blow as the Steel pokemon wraps its body around her.

Roaring in pain from the crushing grip Ursaring's pain increases as Steelix once again uses its Strength attack to increase the pressure of the attack. And with its arms pinned down theres no chance of using its fire punch.

End Of Round

Dark Dragonite
Steelix(M) ~ 50% (Catching its breath)

Vs

Mindprobe
Ursaring - Grizz(F) ~ 53% (Gasping due to grip) Caught in Bind, Safeguard in effect for 1 more turn.

Mindprobe
10th July 2003, 05:27 AM
Not trying to complain oranything, BUT....

Fire Punch did 11% damage? Oh great /sarcasm. Now I need only 5 direct hitting fire punches, that is just great.

I'd expect Grizz to be smart enough to have her arms above the body wrap. If there is no chance of any kind of error you might as well answer these questions:

Q: How Grizz was able to use dynamic punch back then in the first rounds?
Q: How in the world did Grizz manage to hit Steelix with a fire punch when it wrapped around her? As you said, Steelix had the opportunity to wrap himself around Grizz when she reacted so slowly.

I'm not expecting you to change anything, because I know that you will not change anything, no matter what I say. Just anwer the questions thank you...

Ultimate Charizard
10th July 2003, 10:56 AM
Fire Punch didnt do too much damage because it was a Glancing blow, i mentioned that in the post. Grizz wasnt Wrapped when she started the attack, when i ref i try to make it realistic. Try to think of it as Grizz was preparing the attack as Steelix moved in.

I randomise a number of things in my reffings. If Wrap/Leer/Constrict is involved then there ise a chance of having their whole body wrapped. In the earlier round the outcome was that Grizz did indeed have an arm free and was simply being squeezed.
This round it worked out that it was a full body Wrap. I apologise for not mentioning this before.
As for you sayin she shouldve been smart enough to keep her Arms up, she was trying to use the attack you had ordered. Again i apologise if you disagree with my reffings.

Mindprobe
13th July 2003, 11:22 AM
It has been 12 days since DD wrote in the absence tower. This battle is starting to be a pain in the arse >.<! DD, please try to hurry up, I understand if you can't but you understand that this battle has been long!

Dark Dragonite
14th July 2003, 08:46 AM
Ok Rocky, time to weaken the bear!!
Start off by using Screech since hopefully your head is by its, and you have it binded well. Next, think about the pain that bear caused you and could do again if you let go, and Rage on!! Finally, tighten your grip with a Strength!!

Mindprobe
14th July 2003, 01:48 PM
You're in trouble Grizz ^_^

Grizz: Really? x.o;;

But I have a plan.

Slash: Here we go again...

Grizz: *sweatdrop*

First, try to attract it, look feminine and fragile in his grip, maybe he'll let you go.

However, if he doesn't let go, use your own strength and burst free. If he let you go, surprise him with a earthquake, hopefully, the sudden quake forces him to recover faster.

If you had to burst free, launch a nice dynamic punch on the big worm. If you used earthquake, fire another, full power earthquake.

Dark Dragonite
16th July 2003, 07:27 PM
Just incase it comes up, I'm going to be very patient with Mindprobe, seeing as I feel his pain with internet connection problems.

Mindprobe
19th July 2003, 07:48 AM
Referee???! :mad:

Dark Dragonite
23rd July 2003, 11:01 AM
UC told me we will need a sub ref, so if anyone could please fill in, it would be much appreciated!!

SneaselReborned
23rd July 2003, 05:03 PM
If you like, I can ref this for you. I should be active now that I'm back from my vacation.

Dark Dragonite
24th July 2003, 10:44 AM
Thank you Sneasel Reborned, I don't have a problem with you reffing, if Mindprobe doesn't

Mindprobe
25th July 2003, 01:32 PM
I'd like to replace UC as a referee with SneaselReborned. He is active, where UC is not. I'd love that, but it ain't fair for UC is it?

Well, SR should sub-ref this. Thanks!

SneaselReborned
27th July 2003, 01:07 PM
Round ???
DarkDragonite vs Mindprobe

BATTLE

Grizz is caught in Rocky's grip and he winces in pain as the giant steel snake's body crunches on his bones. Rocky smirks, and Rocky (Steelix M): 50%, catching its breath (50%)

Grizz (Ursaring F): 53%, gasping, caught in bind, Safeguard active [1 action], (53%)

Slash (Scyther M): 80%, a little tired, Baton Pass active (80%)

Arena Status ???, just a giant white abyss for nowcrunches harder as Grizz cries out in pain.

Then again, it seems Grizz has a change of heart. Suddenly she starts hugging Rocky! Rocky is taken aback by this, and looks with a puzzled expression as Grizz hugs him again. Rocky smiles, and his grip on Grizz loosens, and Grizz falls out. Rocky smiles again as Grizz hugs him again.

Suddenly, Grizz's expression changes into a smirk. Slamming his foot onto the ground he envokes a huge quake which throws Rocky to the ground. Rocky gasps as he finds that Grizz was lying. How dare he! Rage begins to build in Rocky's heart, and suddenly it explodes out. Rocky dashes at Grizz, knocking him to the ground with one swipe on his tail, and then slamming him with a strong headbutt followed by a huge thrashing to the bear. Grizz is hurled to the side where he lays motionless as Rocky pants hard, tired from his huge assault.

Grizz gets up slowly, and finds the snake already up and ready. Smirking, he slams his foot to the ground, erupting another large quake which sends the snake to the ground. Rocky roars and dashes towards Grizz and slams into her. Grizz cries in pain and gets ready for the next round.

Rocky (Steelix M): 38%, quite tired, panting hard (34%)

Grizz (Ursaring F): 39%, in pain, out of bind, Safeguard inactive, (40%)

Arena Status ???, just a giant white abyss for now

Mindprobe
27th July 2003, 02:06 PM
Great going Grizz!

Start with a full power earthquake. Don't let him get close. Repeat the attack to keep him away from you. If he manages to get near you, fire assaulst of fire punches. If he decides to explode using explosion, protect.

Earthquake / Protect / Fire Punch ~ Earthquake / Protect / Fire Punch ~ Earthquake / Protect / Fire Punch

Dark Dragonite
28th July 2003, 05:04 PM
if it is possible Rocky, use an attract to get that Bear too in love with you to attack. Next, Bind try to get close, give her a nice big bear hug!! Finish by Rollout with Grizz ensnared in your coils.

~If Grizz tries to punch you after you tried to attract her, just Dragon breath X2!!

Mindprobe
29th July 2003, 01:52 PM
SR is grounded from net. Anyone willing to sub-sub-ref for couple of rounds -_-*

SneaselReborned
30th July 2003, 08:55 PM
Um dude, when I said that to you on AIM, I wasn't grounded anymore. That's why I could get back on. -_-;;.

Anyway, reffing time!.

Round ???
DD vs Mindprobe

Rocky (Steelix M): 38%, quite tired, panting hard (34%)

Grizz (Ursaring F): 39%, in pain, out of bind, Safeguard inactive, (40%)

Arena Status ???, just a giant white abyss for now

BATTLE

Rocky pants hard and stares at Grizz who feels around his sides and thanks the lord for letting him out of the bind of doom. Then he looks at Rocky and spits. Must. Kill. Rocky. Grizz thinks, and gets ready to kill.

Grizz snorts, and stomps the ground hard with his foot. Suddenly, a large tremor rocks the arena sending the steel monster to the ground. Rocky roars in pain, and then seems to have a change of heart. Smiling happily, Rocky starts being nice to Grizz. Grizz smiles happily, and sighs. All anger has been taken away.

Rocky begins to hug Grizz, but suddenly the hug becomes a little too pressured. Grizz gags a little, and Rocky smirks, but just continues "hugging" Grizz. Grizz tries to get out of the bind, but Rocky just continues to "hug" Grizz.

Suddenly, Rocky laughs, and Grizz looks up. What a deciever! Stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid! Die! Die! Die!!!!! Grizz flails around and his fist glows red. Almost choking, Grizz slams his red hot fist into Rocky's coils. Rocky screams in pain, and begins to roll, no, nevermind, after that punch, its more of a tumble. Yes, so Rocky begins to tumble around crazily, while Grizz holds on for the ride of his laugh. Suddenly, both fall out of the tumble and get ready to fight the next round.

Rocky (Steelix M): 30%, very tired, panting hard (23%)

Grizz (Ursaring F): 28%, in ultimate hate for Rocky, very angry (35%)

Arena Status ???, just a giant white abyss for now, STILL a white abyss (care to help either of you?)

Dark Dragonite
2nd August 2003, 10:42 AM
Arena: An open field with green grass, a few tall, strong trees, and a lake, sizeable enough for water attacks such as surf to be useable.
UNLESS WE CAN THINK UP A MORE FUN ONE, but I don't want to eleiminate a type of pokemon from being able to battle on it.

I think that is our arena, I forgot, but it's my original post to this topic.

Anyways, Rocky, time to do as much damage as you can before you have to return to your pokeball. You've done great in this match, and I want to thank you!!

Rocky, start off with a Sandstorm, next, if your foe comes near you to use a physical attack, use Rock smash, if your foe wants to use attacks from afar, use Hyperbeam!!

*Note: those moves are to be used for both the second and third actions as Rocky see's fit.

Mindprobe
2nd August 2003, 11:00 AM
Start with an earthquake.

Let it fatigue itself, protect from hyper beam.

For the last hyper beam, defense curl minimize the damage done.

Subs: If hyper beam is counted as counterable, counter on protect and defense curl.

Earthquake - Protect / Counter - Defense Curl / Counter

SneaselReborned
3rd August 2003, 01:04 PM
Round ???
Mindprobe vs DD

Rocky (Steelix M): 30%, very tired, panting hard (23%)

Grizz (Ursaring F): 28%, in ultimate hate for Rocky, very angry (35%)

Arena Status Open grass field w/ lake and trees

BATTLE

Grizz eyes Rocky with ultimate hate, but Rocky just huffs and puffs and pants, not wanting to give up yet but not wanting to continue to suffer. DD plans to have Rocky deal as much damage as he can before he has to come back to his ball, and Rocky complies. A rest after this would be nice. Grizz is worked up into a frenzy by the angering of last round, and it ready to make the steel snake pay.

Grizz smiles, and stomps the ground with one leg. A large tremor is the result, throwing Rocky to the ground. Rocky angrily summons up a swarm of annoying dust particles which whip around Grizz and himself, though doing nothing to himself, Grizz seems to be enraged.

In the low visibility, neither combatants can see much more than the vague outline of the opponent. Rocky smiles, and a large orb of pure white hot energy appears in his mouth. It becomes larger and larger until Rocky can barely hold it. Sweat flows down his steel body madly until finally he lets the huge beam fly. Grizz seems the large orb streak towards him, and summons up three star wards to protect him from any harm. The three stars spin around rapidly, and the orb of death reflects off them and flies into space, hurting nobody.

Rocky gets ready to charge up another orb like the last one, but this time the stress is too much. Rocky collapses, and is recalled. The sand continues to bite at Grizz's flesh.

Rocky (Steelix M): 0%, fainted

Grizz (Ursaring F): 23%, annoyed at sandstorm, panting hard (19%)

Arena Status Open grass field w/ lake and trees, sand whipping around everywhere

Dark Dragonite sends
Mindprobe attacks
DD attacks

Dark Dragonite
4th August 2003, 02:39 PM
Very well, you held your own Rocky!!

GO Razor Jaw(RJ) Female Aerodactyl!!

Mindprobe
6th August 2003, 07:09 AM
Well done Grizz.

Grab the lizard from his tail or any part of the body and toss him on the ground with a heavy seismic toss!

Continue with a ice punch assault if he is still on the ground or not too high for you. Try to aim to the wings. If it's not possible defense curl.

If you are in defense curl, stay in it. Ice Punch if he's in your reach, otherwise, defense curl.

Seismic Toss - Ice Punch / Defense curl - Ice Punch / Defense Curl

Dark Dragonite
6th August 2003, 12:02 PM
RJ, time to play, Keep away!!
Stay up in the air, too high to be hit with Fly. Next, use Razorwind to hurt Grizz from afar, and finish with Fossil Fusion!!

Sig: Fossil Fusion
Desc: Having been a Fossil, and an ancient pokemon herself, RJ has a strange power. She begins emitting a blood red aura, and an earsplitting hum, as she calls forth the fossils/bones of a random pokemon(randomly selected by the Ref). The bones instantly fuse with RJ's skin, increasing her defence 5%, and allowing her to use 1 move from the moveset of the fossil pokemon she just fused with for 3 Rounds, as well as her own moveset(My choice of what move). After 3 Rounds, the bones will return to the Earth, and RJ will lose the defence boost, and move will nolonger be in her control. RJ can only perform this move successfully once per battle. Type:???|Accuracy:95%|Damage:N/A|Effects: See above

SneaselReborned
6th August 2003, 11:56 PM
Round ???
DD vs Mindprobe

RJ (Aerodactyl M): 100%, fine (100%)

Grizz (Ursaring F): 23%, annoyed at sandstorm, panting hard (19%)

Arena Status Open grass field w/ lake and trees, sand whipping around everywhere

BATTLE

Grizz pants and squints her eyes as to not get sand in them, and watches as RJ shoots off into the air above the sandstorm. Blast, no use. Thinking quick, Grizz curls into a tight ball to defend from the onslaught that might come to him.

Grizz stays in his defensive curl, scared of what will happen if he emerges. RJ smiles, and begins to beat his wings harder and harder until he generates a wave of wind energy which he launches at Grizz. Grizz is mostly unscathed, but flinches slightly as the sharp attack stings his back. The sand continues to hurt Grizz.

Grizz chances a look outside and he sees RJ coming down lower to the ground. A red aura surrounds him, and suddenly an earsplitting screech echoes through the air. A zombie-type pile of bones resurrects from the ground and fuses into RJ's skin. Suddenly, RJ smiles, but this is short lived as Grizz comes charging at him with his hand all icy. Grizz slams the wing, and RJ screeches in pain and tries to take back to the skies. His wing is icy, and flying is difficult. RJ decides it would be best to stay on the ground until the ice defrosts.

RJ (Aerodactyl M): 93%, wing icy, flying is difficult, on the ground (84%)

Grizz (Ursaring F): 18%, annoyed at sandstorm, panting hard (12%)

Dark Dragonite
7th August 2003, 02:42 PM
SR, could you please tell me which pokemon's bones fused, so I can decide which moves??

SneaselReborned
8th August 2003, 12:33 PM
Twas an Igglybuff. XD.

Dark Dragonite
9th August 2003, 12:46 PM
Ok, I will post my moves tomorrow, or Monday, having hard time right now, sorry for the delay

Dark Dragonite
12th August 2003, 11:19 AM
Ok, RJ, if Grizz comes near you to attack, use Whirlwind to knock her away from you. If Grizz tries to attack from afar, Flamethrower it/her if you can.

SneaselReborned
13th August 2003, 01:55 AM
Oh right, one thng: what was the move you stole from the zombie 'buff?

Dark Dragonite
13th August 2003, 11:43 AM
it will come about in the next round me thinks.
I PMed you, but this shall remain a secret until I unleash it.

Mindprobe
15th August 2003, 05:55 AM
Now that she's still on the ground, use an ice punch on her other wing to prevent or at least harden her aerial perfomance. If you can reach her, spray a toxic venoms on her. Finish the round with a defense curl to minimize the damage. If you can reach her, defense curl.

Ice Punch / Defense Curl - Toxic / Defense Curl - Defense Curl

SneaselReborned
16th August 2003, 12:03 AM
Reffing on a crappy computer ain't no fun...but I gotta do it...

And it seems both of you gave faulty commands...:\...but ill be nice and give you the benefit of tha doubt...

Round ???
MP vs DD

RJ (Aerodactyl M): 93%, wing icy, flying is difficult, on the ground, stolen Igglybuff move (84%)

Grizz (Ursaring F): 18%, annoyed at sandstorm, panting hard (12%)

BATTLE

And another slightly boring round begins once more as Grizz and Aerodactyl face off in a fight to the finish. RJ looks nice and fresh but Grizz is very worn down. However, the fight must continue!

Grizz smiles slightly, and prepares to smite to mighty flying demon with his icy fist. Jumping with icy hand outstretched, Grizz slams into RJ's other wing, icing it up at well. RJ cries in pain as he finds both his wings frozen over. In an effort to unfreeze them up, RJ flaps his wings like mad. The large Ursaring is blown back, but not to the extent that he finds himself in trouble. Still fighting against the wind, Grizz waits until the wind subsides...but finds himself a little too far from RJ to do anything. Blast, defensive tactics...Grizz curls up and tries to fend off the pain from any incoming attacks.

RJ smiles, and narrows his eyes. Die, bear! A string of fire rips out of the dino's mouth, singing Ursaring's flesh and causing a cry of pain. Ursaring continues to stay in the protective curl. RJ laughs, and smites the bear again with flames, finally taking down the large creature. RJ pants slightly but knows he did his job well...though his wings still feel frozen and weak...

RJ (Aerodactyl M): 87%, both wing icy, flying is difficult, on the ground, stolen Igglybuff move, panting slightly (76%)

Slash (Scyther M): 80%, a little tired, active (80%)

Dark Dragonite
16th August 2003, 12:28 PM
RJ is a female, and I looked on www.pokemondungeon.com their pokedex said Whirlwind was a TM and Bred on, and Flamethrower was a Crystal move tutor move.

Anyways, your turn to attack MP, I believe.

Mindprobe
17th August 2003, 06:27 AM
And it seems both of you gave faulty commands

Ursaring can learn, defense curl, toxic and ice punch. What faulty commands did I give?

Sense Scyther is now out cos Ursaring fell, I have to give commands to Scyther. It's hard to hold up against someone that has moves that involve fire >.<. Stay away from him, fly up to the sky, out of him reach, use agility only if necessary, I.e. when dodging incoming attacks. There, launch a toxic attack, the gravity will do it's job and make it drop with an amazing speed. Remain your flight, use quick attack possible incoming attacks, but be careful not to drain your energy too much.

Fly up (Agility if necessary) - Toxic - Remain Flight (Quick Attack to dodge incoming attacks)

SneaselReborned
17th August 2003, 12:57 PM
It was how you phrased it.

If you can reach her, defense curl.

Ok, RJ, if Grizz comes near you to attack, use Whirlwind to knock her away from you. If Grizz tries to attack from afar, Flamethrower it/her if you can.

Clearly you meant if you cannot reach her, and DD meant if Grizz is ranged/non-ranged. Meh, you got the benefit of the doubt. Me is a nice ref.

BTW, DD, I've decided not to tell what move you told (at your request).

Dark Dragonite
18th August 2003, 01:36 PM
Thank you Sneasel Reborned for not telling, cause now is the time to unleash this awful move of mine... >= )

The stolen move due to Fossil Fusion with Igglybuff is SING!!

RJ, while that Scyther is trying to fly up high, Sing to bring it down to the ground hard!! Next, follow up with an Ancient Power, and finish the round with another Ancient Power!!

~If Scyther didn't work, or Scyther wakes up to use Toxic, use Protect against the Toxic, and try another Sing!!

SneaselReborned
20th August 2003, 06:28 PM
Round ???
DD vs MP

RJ (Aerodactyl M): 87%, both wing icy, flying is difficult, on the ground, stolen Igglybuff move, panting slightly (76%)

Slash (Scyther M): 78%, a little tired (80%)

BATTLE

RJ doesn't flap him wings for fear for of hurting himself with all the ice on his wings, but he does recall the ancient art of fossil fusion. Taking the move of the stolen, RJ laughs and gets ready. Slash flexes his muscles and gets ready to entire combat again, this time against an opponent he can actually beat.

Slash buzzes his wings lightning fast and shoots into the air like a rocket while RJ prepares to sing. x.o. An Aerodactyl singing? That cannot be pretty. Slash stops ascending at a comfortable height above the Aerodactyl, and waits to see how he will react. Suddenly a painful screech rings through the air...waitaminute, thats RJ's singing! Slash clutches his ears in pain as the prehistoric screeching rings through the air. RJ wonders why Slash is not dropping to the ground and sleeping but he shrugs it off, and just realizes that Slash must not thing he has a good voice. Gah! How dare he?

Slash lets the ringing in his ears stop before spitting a glob of nasty toxins at the grounded Aerodactyl, who pants and puts up a protective shield to block the acids. Unfortunately, they splatter around RJ and block some of his movement. Slash smiles, but it is short-lived as suddenly RJ begins to screech again. Slash clutches his ears in pain as the noise rings through his body, hurting his ears. RJ is pissed now, seeing that Slash doesn't like his beautiful voice.

RJ (Aerodactyl M): 86%, cannot fly, stolen Igglybuff move, panting slightly, pissed (63%)

Slash (Scyther M): 76%, a little tired (73%)

Arena it was a grassy field with a pool and trees, correct?

Dark Dragonite
23rd August 2003, 12:44 PM
post mondayish.

Dark Dragonite
25th August 2003, 09:59 AM
RJ, make about a 10% sub, then use a weak flamethrower to thaw your wings, then go for an ancient power on Scyther

Dark Dragonite
29th August 2003, 10:54 AM
Mindprobe, your turn please!!

Mindprobe
30th August 2003, 05:19 AM
Slash, keep it up!

Start by smashing the stupid sub apart using steel wing! The target is not moving so take your time to aim it carfeully and destroy it with the one, single hit.

Now your main goal is to piss Aero before she can melt her wings. Swagger to make her mad. Tell her that someone could be killed because she sings! Hopefully, she'll step into the toxins around her and get at leats midldy poisoned and forget to melt her wings. Use Steel Wing if she is allready melting her wings you broke the sub.

Counter as your last move. If she insists to on wiht her plan, quick attack to dodge the anecient power and hit her with a slight force.

Steel Wing - Swagger / Steel Wing - Counter / Quick Attack

Gengar's Shadow
1st September 2003, 10:16 PM
SEE TITLE! :(

Now, onto teh reffy-leffy.

Round ???
DD vs MP

RJ (Aerodactyl F): 86%, cannot fly, stolen Igglybuff move, panting slightly, pissed (63%)

Slash (Scyther M): 76%, a little tired (73%)

Arena it was a grassy field with a pool and trees, right?

BATTLE

RJ smiles slightly, and places a body double in her previous spot, cloaking herself at the same time. Slash is very confused what his trainer means by "smash the stupid sub", and he wonders if his trainer wants him to check for a submarine in the lake! No, that couldn't be it, Slash thinks, and his wings gleam with a metallic coat. Mindprobe told him to use a huge strike with as much power as he could muster, so he does just that. Like a rocket he flies at Aerodactyl, who is slammed backwards, yet shows not much pain. The real RJ snickers as he sees that Slash couldn't take out her clone!

Slash laughs, and begins to insult RJ, who just stands there like a rock, showing no emotion. What could his trainer possibly mean by "if RJ is thawing her wings". Her wings don't look too thawed, so Slash continues to insult the lifeless dummy, imagining it as the real RJ. RJ, behind the cloak of the doll, hears some of the insults, but is not majorly effected due to the fact that she is laughing so hard at Slash insulting her lifeless doll. RJ breathes a slight bit of flame onto her wings, and they warm up, melting the coat of ice that was formed on them. RJ smiles happily as she flaps her wings, finally able to take to the skies again.

Slash continues to wonder what his trainer wants to him to counter, but then just decides to dodge the ancient power his trainer somehow predicted. RJ snickers, and flaps her wings happily. The ground begins to crack and crumble below Scyther, and the bug buzzes into the air to prevent being hurt by the cracking earth. Three large rock chunks appear from out of the ground, and are hurled at Scyther from an unknown force. Slash zips away and bowls right into RJ, or whatever he thinks is RJ at least. Suddenly, RJ pops, revealing a laughing Aerodactyl who snickers as the Scyther finally sees her. Slash narrows his eyes in anger, and crosses his scythes. Its payback time.

RJ (Aerodactyl M): 76%, has flight, stolen Igglybuff move, laughing, starting to sweat (55%)

Slash (Scyther M): 76%, wants payback, starting to sweat (66%)

Arena a grassy field with a pool and trees, cracked earth

Comments, criticizm, insults, hate? Send them to...wait, nevermind, not me, send them to the US Government! :P

Mindprobe
2nd September 2003, 01:21 PM
I'll post tomorrow, slightly busy right now.

Mindprobe
5th September 2003, 03:15 PM
Er....whee???

I'm too tired to make decent attacks. Anywhoo, swords dance to boost your attack and deflect possible incoming flamthrowers. If it tries the Cyndaquil trick, just rear backwards so he won't be hitting you. Swords dance any other time against the fire attacks as well. Silverhawke right after it. However, if you don't have more than one action left, hit it with a steel wing assault.

Swords Dance - Silverhawke (- Steel Wing)

Plus the subs.

Dark Dragonite
5th September 2003, 09:59 PM
Ok, since RJ is Female, and Scyther is Male, start with an Attract, then while he likes you, Ancient Power and finish with a Double Team!!

SneaselReborned
8th September 2003, 09:38 PM
Whee!

Round ???
MP vs DD

RJ (Aerodactyl F) 76%, has flight, stolen Igglybuff move, laughing, starting to sweat (55%)

Slash (Scyther M): 76%, wants payback, starting to sweat (66%)

Arena a grassy field with a pool and trees, cracked earth

BATTLE

Slash glares at the devilish female (so sorry, RJ just comes to me as being male ><) Aerodactyl, and RJ chuckles slightly, and flaps her wings, happy to have flight again. Without much of a prebattle, the round begins!

RJ smiles, and begins to act very...nicely...peculiar, yet Slash finds himself undoubtably attracted to the prehistoric winged creature. All anger fades away, and all Slash can do is smile happily at RJ. RJ smiles back, yet deep in the back of her head she knows that Slash will meet his doom soon.

While the Scyther shrugs away all thoughts of battle and payback, RJ concentrates on the ancient earth which gave life to his ancestors. Suddenly, three large rocks fly into the air and slam into Slash. RJ laughs as Slash is hit head on and flies backwards in a total fury. Slash is outraged by the winged creature, and suddenly all anger in him erupts. Though he may not know what a Silverhawke is, he certainly knows how to use Steel Wing to cause massive pain! Suddenly zooming in with quick skills and hardened wings outstretched, he glares at RJ with utmost loathing. "DIE, YOU ****in ***** you decieving ****ing *****!" Well...maybe not, but still, its the same effect! Slash slams into RJ piercing into his wing with his own hardened ones and breaking through to the other side. Extracting his wing from RJ's torn wing, Slash smiles, seeing that he has paid his dues. RJ looks up in utmost pain as blood flows out of the large wound.

Concentrating on her extra energy, RJ manages to make two extra images of herself, each with torn wings. Slash touches the ground, and stares at three hurt Aerodactyls, all in pain. But...the question is: which one is real?

RJ (Aerodactyl F) 64%, wing torn, stolen Igglybuff move, in extreme pain, sweating, two fake images (46%)

Slash (Scyther M): 65%, content, starting to sweat (57%)

Arena a grassy field with a pool and trees, more cracked earth

Any errors? Please report them to me!

Dark Dragonite
8th September 2003, 11:04 PM
I was just curious, if Scyther is 4X weak to Rock, and Ancient Power is a Rock type attack with a base power of 60, or 6% if you ref that way, shouldn't it have done more than 11% damage??
Especially if Scyther was attracted, his guard was down as well.

http://www.pokemondungeon.com/pokedex/scyther.shtml
Shows 4X weakness to Rock.

Mindprobe
9th September 2003, 07:00 AM
I'm just curious why ancient power worked at all. Ancient power needs rocks, or some object to move. And I don't see any in the arena. And ancient power doesn't just bring out rocks, or does it?

Dark Dragonite
9th September 2003, 10:22 PM
"Ancientpower: The user telekinetically throws rocks. There is a very low chance that the user may be possessed by an ancestral spirit for a short while, which gives the user massive stat boosts due to the cunning of the elder spirit. Good accuracy. Moderate damage."

It does not state it can only work in a rock arena, or an arena specified that it has rocks, look all over the world, there are rocks, sometimes hidden, or burried, but able to be telekinetically reached at a moments notice, the entire tectonic plates, and layers near the core of the Earth are made of Rock.

Mindprobe
10th September 2003, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Dark Dragonite
"Ancientpower: The user telekinetically throws rocks. There is a very low chance that the user may be possessed by an ancestral spirit for a short while, which gives the user massive stat boosts due to the cunning of the elder spirit. Good accuracy. Moderate damage."

It doesn't say by teleporting. Telekinesis means moving objects, not summoning them from who knows how far. Telekinesis and teleport are two different things. Oh Kariiiiiin, could you state your oppinion about this? ^^;; And have you thought that maybe he uses 0.5 and 2 times mulitpliers?

Dark Dragonite
10th September 2003, 08:53 AM
It doesn't say by teleporting. Telekinesis means moving objects, not summoning them from who knows how far. Telekinesis and teleport are two different things. Oh Kariiiiiin, could you state your oppinion about this? ^^;; And have you thought that maybe he uses 0.5 and 2 times mulitpliers?

1) Who said they were tat far down, you don't have to dig far to find rocks, and obviously, it would unearth them, if telekinesis is strong enough to create earthquakes, and pick up, and throw large rocks, how exactly do you know how strong it isn't to unearth them??

Also, if he uses .5 and 2 multipliers, then why does Steel wing, a move with base power of 70, do 10damage in one round, and 11 in another??

Mindprobe
11th September 2003, 12:22 PM
You missed my point DD. I said they do not teleport, they just simply move them around, with a telekinetic boost. I could make the same argument of using surf, but that just doesn't work.

If Steel Wings base power is 70, which you transfer to 7%. Isn't 7 times .5 around 10 or 11. 6 (ancient power's base power) times 2 is 12. If you thought of the variety in the damage, maybe it's because he uses randomizers???

Dark Dragonite
13th September 2003, 09:07 PM
You missed my point DD. I said they do not teleport, they just simply move them around, with a telekinetic boost. I could make the same argument of using surf, but that just doesn't work.

If Steel Wings base power is 70, which you transfer to 7%. Isn't 7 times .5 around 10 or 11. 6 (ancient power's base power) times 2 is 12. If you thought of the variety in the damage, maybe it's because he uses randomizers???

7 X .5 = 3.5
7 X 1.5 =10.5

Anyway, if Ancient power didn't work, I believe Scyther would still be attracted, and hence not attacked, or done damage.
Waiting for SR before I post my attacks for next round.

Mindprobe
17th September 2003, 12:30 PM
Okey I made mistake with the mathematic calculations, but you knew what I meant.

And if a re-ref should be done if ancient power shouldn't have work, then maybe only then Meta can apply the attract too?

Dark Dragonite
29th September 2003, 07:21 AM
Since he has quit, and I'm bored, I shall capture that Staryu in the corner!!