PDA

View Full Version : Has ANYONE used Seizure yet?

AKA Pokemon Fan
16th December 2002, 11:44 PM
Surely someone can confirm what it does. Also has anyone here used and/or knows what these moves do?

TM48: Skill Swap. It sounds obvious but I want proof/first/second hand information on how it works.

Reed Pipe: A Grass type move with no power and 55% accuracy.

Magical Leaf: Most likely a Grass type Swift

Cosmo Power: Raise both Defense and Special Defense

Ichamon/Anti Repeat: Keeps opponent from using the same move twice in a row. Effect stays until it switches.

Mud Play: Decreases the efficiency of Electric moves by 1/2.

Break Claw: It could just be another strong Normal Type move, but it sounds like it must have some kind of special effect.

Poison Tail: Power 50. May Poison Opponent

Toxic Fang: Power 50. Does damage and has 30% Chance of enducing the "Toxic" effect.

Magic Coat: Psychic attack, 0 power

Nature Power: Now this one I'm really interested in finding out about.

Ne-o haru: Gives a "Leftovers" effect but prevents switching.

Aroma Therapy: Exact same effect as Heal Bell

Iron Wall: Greatly raises Defense. Kuchito's only Steel type move.

Tickle: A Normal type move
work?

Electrification: Apparently causes Electric type moves to do double damage.

Cat Decieve: Power 40. Type Normal. Always goes first, always Flinch. There is another effect to it, but I'm not sure what it is.

Water Play: The counterpart of Mud Play perhaps?

Reckless: Listed on Pokemon Forever as being a Normal type move with a power of 1 and 100% accuracy. Many Pokemon don't learn till at a high level or through breeding so what is so special about it?

Air Cutter: Flying type. Power 55. Critical Hit likely.

Untranslated Flying type move with with 85 power and 85% accuracy: I somewhat doubt that Meowth's information on this move is accurate as no Flying types learn it, but Rapidash does.

Kinzokuon: A Steel type move with 0 power and 85% accuracy.

Untranslated Dragon type move with no power of accuracy: Learned by Gyarados among others.

Feather Dance: Flying type move with 0 power but 100% accuracy. I believe its learned naturally by only the Pidgeot and Xatu groups. This is a move I'm really curious about.

My apologies if some of these attacks have been explained in previous posts, but its quite difficult to read through every one that comes. Anyway any help is appreciated, I'll remove from my list every move that is explained in the post so those who reply next will have an easier time not repeating what someone else just said.

xvkarbear
17th December 2002, 12:04 AM
Mud Play: A Ground type move with no power which means it must effect it's users or opponents stats in some way, but what

Could it be like Rain dance and sunny day? Gound/Rock pokemon's power increases as they play in the mud?

Is there any difference between Poison Tail and Toxic Fang? I mean both have the exact same power, type, and accuracy as well as the ability to poison. Is there any difference in the ratio of these effects?

Maybe pokemon without a tail learn toxic fang?

Reckless: Listed on Pokemon Forever as being a Normal type move with a power of 1 and 100% accuracy. Many Pokemon don't learn till at a high level or through breeding so what is so special about it?

if it causes so little damage, maybe it helps you catch pokemon easier..

Untranslated Flying type move with with 85 power and 85% accuracy: I somewhat doubt that Meowth's information on this move is accurate as no Flying types learn it, but Rapidash does.

Maybe it's a speed type move.. since Rapidash learns it.. winds can be fast.. maybe they wanted something different so that the speed moves weren't limited to electric and small pokemon..

darkside
17th December 2002, 12:24 AM
Electrification: Electric type move with no power and 100% accuracy.

-maybe this improves accuracy (power?) of thunder. some pokemon actually learn this before thunder...

TeamRocketElite
17th December 2002, 01:15 AM
Magical Leaf: With a power of 60 and no accuracy written is this the Grass version of Swift?

I beleive it is the Grass version of Swift. I know that Swift tpye attacks don't have an accuracy listed.

Cosmo Power: 0 power, type: Psychic

Raises Defense and Special Defense.

Ichamon/Anti Repeat: Does anyone know yet if this Dark type move can keep the opponent from using the same move for multiple turns? It would be pretty usless if it only worked on the turn it was used (except possibly in two vs. two matches).

It works until the opponent switches. They will not be able to use the same move twice in a row. But they can still alternate between two attacks.

Ne-o haru: Grass type move with wierd name, no power.

After you use it you get the "Leftovers" effect, but you will no longer be able to switch or run. Not sure if it applies to getting hit by Whirlwind/Roar or if you use Baton Pass.

Aroma Therapy: Apparently a good Grass move of some kind since Rozeria doesn't learn it until at quite a high level.

Exact same effects as Heal Bell.

The untranslated Steel type move with no power. Its also the only Steel type move Kuchito learns.

Iron Wall. Greatly raises defense.

The Eat (Store), digest (Understand), spit out(Release) combo: how do they work?

You use "Eat" to charge up. You must use it consecutively. Digest heals you. 1 change=25%HP, 2change=50%HP, 3change=100%HP. Spit out does lots of damage the longer you change. Im' not completely sure on any of this though.

Cat Decieve: Low power Normal type move, does it have a special effect of any kind?

Always goes first, always Flinch. There is another effect to it, but I'm not sure what it is.

jao
17th December 2002, 01:28 AM
mud play is a move like water play. it decrease electric move efficiency by 1/2.

anti-repeat lasts for several turns, not only one.

ChIcK-KOH
17th December 2002, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by AKA Pokemon Fan
Is there any difference between Poison Tail and Toxic Fang? I mean both have the exact same power, type, and accuracy as well as the ability to poison. Is there any difference in the ratio of these effects?
Toxic Fang has 30% to Toxic instead of poisoning.

Air Cutter has raised accuracy of critical hits, like razor leaf, x-chop, aeroblast, etc.

XF Legendz
17th December 2002, 09:16 AM
Electrification makes your electric attacks do double damage I think.

AKA Pokemon Fan
17th December 2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by TeamRocketElite
The Eat (Store), digest (Understand), spit out(Release) combo: how do they work?

You use "Eat" to charge up. You must use it consecutively. Digest heals you. 1 change=25%HP, 2change=50%HP, 3change=100%HP. Spit out does lots of damage the longer you change. Im' not completely sure on any of this though.

Does the power gained from Eat go down if the opponent switches, since the thing you were "eating" is no longer there?

This will be one freaky set of moves if it is ever shown in the anime...

Cat Decieve: Low power Normal type move, does it have a special effect of any kind?

Always goes first, always Flinch. There is another effect to it, but I'm not sure what it is.
With Persian's Speed it may get some use now... and just imagine giving it a Swagger in a two vs. two battle...:yes: Provided you can protect it long enough to do any damage a move that always flinches could be deadly.

We might start seeing Quick Attack and other first turn moves being used more often despite their low power. But more than ever there won't be a way for any team to protect itself from all the different strategies that will develop.

These moves are really fascinating, but we still don't have proof of what Seizure and Feather Dance do, among others. Anyway I'll go ahead and fill in the moves explanations you guys have given me instead of deleting move entires like I originally said, hope that's okay. It'll be a good reference for visitors until this topic goes to the great recycle bin in the sky.

RyuukoAremi
17th December 2002, 04:00 PM
I think that a better translation for Seizure would be 'Snatch'. (Which means that it's not some seizure-enducing attack.. lol)

Haaaaahhaaaaa.... Iron Wall justs makes Kootasu even better in my book.

Chrisodeo
17th December 2002, 04:35 PM
Skill Swap switches the characteristics of the user & opponent. Mysterious Protection Yamirami anyone?

Break Claw may greatly lower defense.

Magic Coat reverses any status-inducing moves used that turn.

Reckless is a move like Eruption and Spout. It starts as 150 base, and lowers according to user's HP.

The untranslated Dragon move is Dance of the Dragon. Increases Attack and Speed.

Scythemantis
17th December 2002, 06:13 PM
Are you actually eating your opponent when you use those three moves? :p I'd think using eat would prevent switching. Maybe you're just eating food around you or something or other.

I know Marunomu, the poison type stomach pokemon has them but who else does? Victreebel should...

Rei_Zero
17th December 2002, 07:17 PM
I'm pretty sure reckless gets more powerful as you lose life.
EDIT:When your life bar is at green it does no damage but when your life bar is at yellow you deal a little damage. I think when it is at red it will do very much damage. This means it is a last minute move. Very useful at the Elite Four.

TeamRocketElite
17th December 2002, 07:29 PM
Found some more information

TM48: Skill Swap. It sounds obvious but I want proof/first/second hand information on how it works.

Switchs your characteristic with the opponents. No Yamirami can't learn it to switch with Nukenin.

Puts opponent to sleep. Seems to be a bad version of Sleep Powder

Break Claw: It could just be another strong Normal Type move, but it sounds like it must have some kind of special effect.

It has a 50% chance of lowering the opponents Defense.

Magic Coat: Psychic attack, 0 power

Reflects status changers. Always goes first.

Tickle: A Normal type move
work?

Lowers opponent's Attack and defense.

Air Cutter: Flying type. Power 55. Critical Hit likely.

Correct, it does have a higher then normal Critical Hit rate.

Kinzokuon: A Steel type move with 0 power and 85% accuracy.

Greatly lowers Special Defense of the opponent.

Feather Dance: Flying type move with 0 power but 100% accuracy. I believe its learned naturally by only the Pidgeot and Xatu groups. This is a move I'm really curious about.

Greatly lowers opponents Attack.

Does the power gained from Eat go down if the opponent switches, since the thing you were "eating" is no longer there?

No idea.

With Persian's Speed it may get some use now.

Speed is meaningless. It always goes first. Also you don't seem to be allowed to use it twice.

Are you actually eating your opponent when you use those three moves?

No idea.

phantasmal
17th December 2002, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by TeamRocketElite

The only thing that bothers me about Reed Pipe is that Farfetch'd doesn't learn it.

Chrisodeo
17th December 2002, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by AKA Pokemon Fan

No. You're not really eating the opponent, you're eating something that you find on the ground. Use Eat a few times, and then if you use Swallow, you're healed by as many times you used Eat. 1 time = 1/4 HP. 2 times = 1/2 HP. 3 times = Full HP.

Also, if you use Release (Spit Out by some translations), you release what's in your mouth, and it does base damage according to how many times you used Eat *100. So theoretically, you could have a 300 power Normal attack. I'm not really sure what the cap is, but its probably 300.

Brain
17th December 2002, 08:28 PM
Stock/Eat doesn't have to be used consecutively.

Besides, the animation of the three attacks don't really look like the pokemon is eating/digesting/spitting anything, but anyway...

Skill swap fails against mysterious protection. So does Narikiri, which copies the opponent's characteristic.

Other moves:

Nekonote/Cat paws - chooses a random move in your 5 other pokemon's movesets. I don't know if it works with transform and sketch, and I'm not sure if it works if your other pokemon are fainted. I'll have to test that, but I'm lazy, you know.

Blast burn/Hydro cannon/Hard plant: fire/water/grass hyper beam attacks (150 power, 90% accuracy, and recharge turn). HOWEVER, no pokemon have it in their natural learnsets, those moves are not TMs, and no pokemon get it in their egg moves... very weird if you ask me. Maybe it's a move tutor... but the moves do exist, I tried them out. They even have cool animations.

Bolter: electric-type double-edge, 120 power, 100% accuracy, recoil. No pokemon can learn it, apparently. Same situation as the three other moves. Weird... o_O

Reckless: damage dealed = difference between your HP and your opponent's HP. So basically, if you have 1 HP, and that you use reckless, your opponent will also have 1 HP. If you have more HP than your opponent, it fails, of course. Most pokemon who can learn it are fast and have kind of low HP, so that's interesting. Too bad Nukenin can't get it... besides, no pokemon in RS can learn both Endure and Reckless, if you exclude RBYGSC tradeback. I would however suggest the Reckless/Quick attack combo.

Nature power: attack changes according to the field. If you're surfing, nature power will make you use surf. If you're in a cave, you'll use shadow ball. In grass, it's razor leaf. In normal fields and against leaders, it's swift. I don't know about the other locations as I didn't test them, but I'm guessing earthquake in the desert, things like that.

Protective coloration: this move is exclusive to Starmie, although I hacked it on Raiboruto and Hariteyama to test it. Basically, it changes your type according to the field. If you're in a cave, you change to rock - surf, water - grass, grass - desert, ground, etc.

Electrification does double power of electric attacks. I tested it.

Mud play halves damage from electric attacks. That was also tested.

I did not test water play, but I guess it halves damage from fire attacks, and it is what I heard. I don't know, however, if it changes anything relatively to electric damage.

The untranslated flying move is called "hop"... which is logical on Rapidash, needless to say. It basically does the same thing as fly.

Silver wind is a bug type attack with ancientpower effect.

Raster purge (latios) is a 70 power psy attack with 50% chance of lowering special defense.

Same for mist ball (latias) but chance to lower special attack.

Parting gift is that you suicide, but you greatly lower your opponent's attack and special attack.

Malice is used like destiny bond, but instead of killing the opponent, it nullifies the PP of the move that fainted you.

Stir up rises your opponent's special attack and confuses him.

Bravado has doubled damage if you are burned, poisoned, or paralyzed (70 power normal move, is a TM)

Encouragement is a weird 60 power normal move that has doubled damage if your opponent is paralyzed. And guess what, it heals your opponent afterwise... riiight...

Revenge is a 60 power fighting move that always goes last. However, if you get hurt that turn, the power is doubled. Needless to say, it is very interesting.

Animal Strength, is a 120 power fighting move, 100% accurate, learned by the rejis, that lowers attack and defense after use.

On a side note, the characteristic Angel Blessing seems to double the chance of a side effect: ancientpower's boosting chance becomes 20%, and moves like sacred fire would burn 100% time, headbutt would flinch 60% time, et cetera.

Spagghettor
17th December 2002, 08:28 PM
Eat 3 times+Spit Out=300 power attack?

:o

Imagine a Yureidoru with that, Ne-o Haru, and Leftovers attached.

The thing's HP goes up by A LOT each turn with both the healing effects.. and its defense stats are not bad.. so it could eat, eat, eat, and then spit out and do buttloads of damage. (that's 50 power more than Explosion. And Yureidoru's attack is 60+ points higher than Electrode's {most commonly exploding Pokemon} at L.100 if I remember right... Ouch.)

Wait.. can Yureidoru learn any actual Recovering moves, too? If so... that+the other moves=holy crap.

phantasmal
17th December 2002, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Chrisodeo
No. You're not really eating the opponent, you're eating something that you find on the ground. Use Eat a few times, and then if you use Swallow, you're healed by as many times you used Eat. 1 time = 1/4 HP. 2 times = 1/2 HP. 3 times = Full HP.

Also, if you use Release (Spit Out by some translations), you release what's in your mouth, and it does base damage according to how many times you used Eat *100. So theoretically, you could have a 300 power Normal attack. I'm not really sure what the cap is, but its probably 300.

So does this take-up three move slots?

Brain
17th December 2002, 08:38 PM
Yureidoru, the grass/rock, gets recover via breeding. Basically, you would only keep Store/Release, and have something like store, release, giga drain, recover.

Besides, you will have to take into account the fact that release is a normal move, and is therefore subject to typecheck. Ghosts will still be immune, and steels will shrug it off. And you know that Yureidoru won't fare very well against steels...

Chinpokomon
18th December 2002, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by phantasmal
So does this take-up three move slots?

yep

and on the Subject: Does anyone know what the Ghost type move "Grudge" does?

Polaris
18th December 2002, 03:20 AM
Blast burn/Hydro cannon/Hard plant: fire/water/grass hyper beam attacks (150 power, 90% accuracy, and recharge turn). HOWEVER, no pokemon have it in their natural learnsets, those moves are not TMs, and no pokemon get it in their egg moves... very weird if you ask me. Maybe it's a move tutor... but the moves do exist, I tried them out. They even have cool animations.

I dont really see a use for this. You recharge even if you fainted the pokemon. This might be good as a finisher move, but still, I think most people would prefer using a better fire/water/grass attack on those 2 turns.

I would like to know how Spout/Eruption works. Do they work the same way as Reckless? I heard so, but I dont think it's the case. The damage is dependent on the user's HP in some way though.

EDIT: If Reckless is indeed what you say it is, it's pretty useless, since you cant faint an opponent with it, unless it does work the other way around (when your is higher). It could be a good tank killer though (GREAT against Blissey's!).

Chinpokomon
18th December 2002, 01:54 PM
[i]Originally posted by Polaris
I would like to know how Spout/Eruption works. Do they work the same way as Reckless? I heard so, but I dont think it's the case. The damage is dependent on the user's HP in some way though.

Yes with full HP it starts out at it's peek 150. But the lower your HP gets,the weaker this move gets.

Can anyone answer my question?:confused:

Brain
18th December 2002, 03:12 PM
Reckless doesn't work like Eruption and Spout at all.

Reckless puts your opponent's HP at your level. You have 65 HP? If your opponent had more than 65 HP, he will have 65 HP after the move.

And it isn't useless at all. If you have a fast pokemon with reckless, and that you're about to faint against a full-health pokemon, it's a good chance to weaken it, and make your next pokemon faint it easily. I mean, you have a Raticate with 12 HP left, your opponent sends out Suicune at full HP. Then you use reckless, BANG, Suicune now has 12 HP. You die, but then you can send Houndoom and flamethrower it to death. Reckless is a very dangerous move for healthy pokemon and HP tanks such as Blissey, Snorlax or Kek-king.

And I surely know what grudge does, but arguably under a different name. Maybe it's malice: if you faint, the move that fainted you will have its PP nullified.

RyuukoAremi
18th December 2002, 07:13 PM
According to Meowth346's Pokedex, this is what Magic Coat does:

magic coat
Power: ---
Type: Psychic
Accuracy: 100
PP: 15-24
Effect (Flavor Text): The effect of any SPECIAL move will rebound and return to the opponent.

It says _special_ move. So I'm guessing that it deflects Special attacks. ?.? But... isn't that what /mirror/ coat does?

AKA Pokemon Fan
18th December 2002, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by BrainStorm
Stir up rises your opponent's special attack and confuses him.

Do you know of any Pokemon that learn this move? I can't find it on Meowth's site. In any event it will be useful for 2 vs. 2 battles if any Pokemon that learn it are fairly fast.

xvkarbear
18th December 2002, 09:20 PM
Can I have the URL?

Hyperworm
19th December 2002, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by RyuukoAremi
According to Meowth346's Pokedex, this is what Magic Coat does:

magic coat
Power: ---
Type: Psychic
Accuracy: 100
PP: 15-24
Effect (Flavor Text): The effect of any SPECIAL move will rebound and return to the opponent.

It says _special_ move. So I'm guessing that it deflects Special attacks. ?.? But... isn't that what /mirror/ coat does? No.... It says the EFFECT of any special move. Magic Coat deflects the EFFECTS of special attacks. Mirror Coat reflects the damage of special attacks (and doubles it).
I'm not even sure if the special bit is right. I thought it reflected effects from all attacks. Oh well.

Runpapa
19th December 2002, 09:12 AM
Finally...

Thanks people! I can sleep in peace.

RyuukoAremi
19th December 2002, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Hyperworm
No.... It says the EFFECT of any special move. Magic Coat deflects the EFFECTS of special attacks. Mirror Coat reflects the damage of special attacks (and doubles it).
I'm not even sure if the special bit is right. I thought it reflected effects from all attacks. Oh well.

OOOOOHHHHH... sorry. Thanks for clearing that up *can't believe I coudn't comprehand the effect part*.

Hmm... looks like Silver Wind is sorta a pretty good attack. 10% chance of raising all abilities (by 1 point, right?), 90 damage (well, it's 60... but only bug types can learn it so =P).