PDA

View Full Version : A question about Yugioh...

Metarubeceramon
27th May 2003, 07:10 PM
This has me all puzzled ever since I paid attention. In the duel Yugi vs. Arkana, did Yugi actually win Arkana's Dark Magician, or did he let that psycho keep it? If the latter happened, what a fool. The big point is to get more reare and powerful cards in Battle City, so why let that chance go by? I already know that by the end of the saga, he will have won the three God cards, but knowing his pansy side, he will consider that Ishizu is best suited to keep them and will hand them over to her. Yami is at least cool... Anyway, did he get the red Dark Magician or not?

Lord Necrodain
28th May 2003, 09:45 PM
It never showed him taking it, where it usually shows when a character claims a new card, so I somehow doubt it. Yugi actually doesn't claim most of the cards he's entitles to for his victories. He only takes cards from Rare Hunter (Red Eyes Black Dragon) and Strings (Osiris, which I hate calling Slifer, humour me please), for at least as far as YTV's gotten. He doesn't take cards from Arkana, Umbra & Lumis, either time he duels them with Kaiba (he takes 1 Locator Card on both occasions, but never an actual Duel Monsters card from either of them), or Bakura, though with Bakura he had good reason, since the guy was in need of a hospital, you don't really want to walk up to him and demand his rarest card when he's in that kind of condition.

Even if Yugi HAD taken Arkana's Dark Magician, he probably would have put it in his "special cards" puch rather than use it, that's what he did with REBD, except for when he dueled Joey, and Osiris, except when Kaiba forced him to put it in his deck for the finals. Both of those cards he never used until he had to, I expect any other cards he took would have been used similarly, so I doubt the red Dark Magician would have seen much action even if Yugi did take it.

EDIT: Oops, I said he doesn't take a card from his duel with Joey, but he didn't win that duel, it was a draw, so it makes sense that he didn't.