PDA

View Full Version : Open Challenge (1-on-1 match)

Don't Run With Scizors
28th May 2003, 03:50 PM
I've got one battle slot left, and since I don't expect any of my other two battles to be moving forward soon, I hope that somebody relatively active will come forward...

Rules: 1-on-1, DQ standard, active referee & active opponent requested, I send out first, you attack first

Arena: A thirty-foot deep canyon, pocketed with several alcoves one could use to help dodge attacks (though it'd be difficult to attack at range from them). A shallow river runs through the center, and numerous loose boulders sit near the bottom and at several ledges near the top of the canyon.

Terrorform the (male) Geodude will be my combatant for this match. Any takers?

Ultimate Charizard
28th May 2003, 04:05 PM
Ill ref it if allowed. It will be my first registered reffing but if your willing to give me a chance.....

Tyler and Hobbes
28th May 2003, 04:11 PM
I'll take you. Sprout (M Oddish) Solarbeam, vine whip, poison powder!

Don't Run With Scizors
28th May 2003, 04:28 PM
An Oddish, huh? I was expecting to see someone whip out a Water-type to take advantage of the river, but I guess not.

Fortunately for us, Terrorform, Grass-types don't have very many moves that can destroy multiple Double Team images with a single attack... so do just that. Vine Whip's one of them, but fortunately for us here Fireguardian has forgotten that Oddish doesn't know Vine Whip. So it looks like he'll be wasting a turn there.

Bathe the Oddish in Flamethrower and incinerate the weed and his Poisonpowder with a Fire Blast.

Double Team, Flamethrower, Fire Blast

Ultimate Charizard
28th May 2003, 04:55 PM
Round 1

Pre-Battle

Arena ~ A thirty-foot deep canyon, pocketed with several alcoves one could use to help dodge attacks (though it'd be difficult to attack at range from them). A shallow river runs through the center, and numerous loose boulders sit near the bottom and at several ledges near the top of the canyon.

Dont Run With Scizors
Geodude(Terraform-M) ~ 100% (No Fatigue)
Double Team ~ Flamethrower ~ FireBlast

Vs

fireguardian
Oddish(Sprout-M) ~ 100% (No Fatigue)
Solarbeam ~ Vine Whip ~ Poison Powder

Round Begin

Two battlers appear at each end of the arena, carved into a canyon. Dont Run With Scizors at one end releases his male Geodude named Terraform. At the same time the male Oddish of fireguardian is also released. A roar is heard as the waters in the river surge and the Ref can be seen riding his Gyarados up to the arena. Coughing and staring as the two participants glare at him he recalls the water dragon and takes his position. As the flag falls, the fight begins.

Instantly the small oddish begins to glow attempting to charge a solarbeam, however such a powerfull move takes time to prepare which gives its opponent time to use its own attack. The Geodude concentrates and two mirror images of himself appear beside him and spread out. The oddish, realising hes not going to be able to absorb much more energy releases a weakened beam of energy at its foe, only to watch it wave and blink out of existence.

Confused at this Sprout desides to give its opponent a good thrashing but wait? Whats a Vine Whip? Why would its trainer ask it to use that attack? It braces itself for the incoming attack and looks up to see a roaring jet of flame fast approaching it. Being engulfed in the burning flames, the small plant screams out obscenities at its trainer wishing it could defend itself rather than be helpless.

Finally recieving an order it can perform the scorched oddish begins to shake the leaves on its head and a cloud of toxic pollen is released into the air. To counter this the Geodude takes a deep breath and exhales a huge ball of fire which forms into a five armed star formation. As it rushes towards its Sprout it burns up the hazardous spores in the air and connects with the poor Grass type just as the obscenities begin again.

Pulling itself up it growls as best the diminutive pokemon can and stares down its smug looking opponent as they wait for their next instructions.

End Of Round

Geodude(Terraform-M) ~ 100% (Broken a Sweat)
Feeling confident - 1 clone

Vs

Oddish(Sprout-M) ~ 83% (Catching its breath)
Annoyed with its Trainer

Don't Run With Scizors
28th May 2003, 05:02 PM
No... Flamethrower is one of Geodude's learnable moves. The Move Tutor in Crystal teaches it to him.

Plus, where'd the other Double Team image go?

Ultimate Charizard
28th May 2003, 05:07 PM
I checked 3 pokedex's including TPM's own.

Flamethrower is not learnable by Geodude.

The Clone is my bad, ill go edit it back in, i knew id forgotten something.

Don't Run With Scizors
28th May 2003, 05:10 PM
White Cat's 'Dex (white-cat.virtualave.net\pfiles\gscdex.txt) has Flamethrower listed as a move Geodude learns by the Move Tutor.

And if you're still not satisfied, try teaching it to a Geodude yourself.

Ultimate Charizard
28th May 2003, 05:13 PM
I apologise, i havent personally played Crystal and foolishly assumed the Pokedex's would provide all info including move tutors. I will go edit the reffing, excuse me for making such a large mistake.

Don't Run With Scizors
28th May 2003, 05:52 PM
It's all right. You can't blame the referee for a mistake the Pokédex makes...

Nice work so far, Terrorform. Now, blow up a Sandstorm and try to trigger an avalanche of boulders with Earthquake... you risk being buried along with Sprout, but at least you can Dig out from underneath them.

But if he uses Clear Skies\Sunny Day to clear out your Sandstorm, immediately Double Team and take advantage of the heat with Flamethrowers.

Sandstorm, Earthquake x2

Substitutions: Double Team if Sprout Clear Skies\Sunny Days, Flamethrower afterwards

Tyler and Hobbes
29th May 2003, 10:30 AM
It's okay buddy,we can still do this! Sleep powder, Moonlight,Peteldance.

Sleep powder~moonliht~Petal dance!

Ultimate Charizard
29th May 2003, 11:19 AM
Round 1

Stats from last Round

Arena ~ A thirty-foot deep canyon, pocketed with several alcoves one could use to help dodge attacks (though it'd be difficult to attack at range from them). A shallow river runs through the center, and numerous loose boulders sit near the bottom and at several ledges near the top of the canyon.

Dont Run With Scizors
Geodude(Terraform-M) ~ 100% (Broken a Sweat)
Feeling confident - 1 clone
Sandstorm ~ Earthquake ~ Earthquake
Subs - Double Team ~ Flamethrower

Vs

Fireguardian
Oddish(Sprout-M) ~ 83% (Catching its breath)
Annoyed with its Trainer
Sleep Powder ~ Moonlight ~ Petal Dance

Round Begin

As the two pokemon stare at each other Terraform begins to Glow, the sand and dirt beneath starts to whip around as if caught in the wind and fly around the boulder pokemon. Releasing the attack the entire arena becomes filled with a blinding sandstorm. Unfortunately for the Geodude it watches its remaining Clone dissipate in the attack. Following its own orders Oddish once again shakes its leaves but this time, rather than a poison cloud it is a sleep cloud that is released. Unfortunately for both trainers the two attacks meet each other and seem to mix. The swirling sands now laced with Sleep powder, spiral around the arena, boxed in my by the high canyon walls.

Although the sand blasting has no real effect on him Terraform is feeling the Sleep Powder and begins to feel drowzy. Before it gets him completely however he slams his body hard into the ground causing an earthquake which not only shakes up his opponent, but also threatens to collapse the canyon walls. One or two boulders do fall from the cliffs above but none of the participants are hit. Sprout too is feeling the effects of his Sleep Powder but he also has to contend with the Damaging Sandstorm too. In an effort to heal himself he uses his Moonlight technique, however there is a problem with this. For one in the middle of the day the moon isnt that likely to show up and second, even if it was night, with the sandstorm up seeing the sky is easier said than done.

Feeling down about them minimal health it recieved from the recovering move Sprout quietly succumbs to its own attack mixed with the Sandstorm. Just before its eyes close it sees its opponent, also asleep on the floor but taking no damage from the continuing attack.

End Of Round

Geodude(Terraform-M) ~ 100% (Catching its Breath)
Sleeping

Vs

Oddish(Sprout-M) ~ 72% (Breathing Hard)
Sleeping

Sandstorm In Effect for 4 More Turns

Ultimate Charizard
5th June 2003, 08:03 PM
It has been one week since i posted the reffing.

Fireguardian has failed to posy within the deadline, i announce DRWS the winner.