PDA

View Full Version : Animatrix animé????

Dark Scizor
28th May 2003, 07:00 PM
I was watching the english channel CNX earlier when i saw a program about the new matrix films and the animatrix's which have been animated by the same people as Cowboy Bebop :D

I was wondering if anyone else has seen these and if so, do they think that they are good. I'm downloaind the first one on a 56k modem ¬_¬.

Shadow Trainer Ash
28th May 2003, 08:00 PM
The same animators as Cowboy Bebop? You mean Studio BONES? O___O *eyes widen* *ish a BONES fanatic* ME WANNA SEE!! X___X; *runs off to download*

Dark Scizor
28th May 2003, 08:09 PM
i didn't say it was animated by the same people, but thats what the program said so its not a definate ok???

[EDIT] Although this post says it is unconfirmed, i know now that the teo animatrix's titled "Kid Story" and "Detective Story" were directed by the same person as who directed Cowboy Bebop. Several other animé directors such as that of Ninja Scroll and Blue Sub 6 have also made animatrix's. All of them will be released on DVD in the USA from June the third :D :o I can't wait till they are released over here in the UK or i might get them imported :)

Anyway since you love cowboy Bebop, i thought i might aswelll tell you that amazon are releasing the movie on june 23rd :)

Azura Stardust
29th May 2003, 04:09 AM
Well, most of them have Japanese directors, but let me assure you, what I have seen is really good. You can see some of it on the matrix homepage. (Very confusing interface, though.)

The something Renessaince (I know my spelling and memory sucks... was it the Final Reneissance (whatever the spelling is!) or the Second? Eh...) part I and II are FANTASTIC. I don't know what it is but they somehow managed to pluck the correct strings of the audience, the animation is kickassfully smooth. I warn you though, some parts are really not for small kids to see. The part where they're abusing the robot dressed up as a woman.... my god, I will never forget that part, it was so shocking...

I have teh bwoadband :> teh easy watch!11wone

Shadow Trainer Ash
29th May 2003, 07:03 AM
Ah... it's the director. ^^; Oh well. Even if it isn't a Studio BONES production, I'll still give it a try. Haven't exactly found a place to download it yet... links anyone?

Roarkiller
31st May 2003, 08:07 AM
It was out in the cinemas in my country as a limited release, but i didnt catch it cuz i was saving up for a DVD. Bummer :no: but i guess i can soon download it off kazaa or smthng. Its not that i dont like supporting the original directors or anything, its juz that i dont see the point of buying a DVD that i wont bother watching over and over again in the first place. But yeah, the animatrix was GOOD, very deep and subtle albeit extreme, juz the way i like anime.

DVD i wanted to buy is NEko no Ongaeshi btw, lol. And yep, u deduced right, i dont like those shallow anime like vandread or Rayearth.

Ultimate Charizard
2nd June 2003, 04:47 AM
From Ad's ive seen im pretty sure the Animatrix collection DVD is released in the uk......Today!!!