PDA

View Full Version : A Q about Lylatt wars.

mic_128
28th May 2003, 11:14 PM
After seing some starfox armada screens, I remembered something I heard of and wanted to know if it was true. You know how when you pass levels with a certain amount of kills you get a medal? If you got enough, in multi, you could choose the landmaster tank instead of an arwing. Suposedly, if you got all medals, you could play as the charactor, out on the field with a blaster. Is it true?

Starry Might
29th May 2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by mic_128
After seing some starfox armada screens, I remembered something I heard of and wanted to know if it was true. You know how when you pass levels with a certain amount of kills you get a medal? If you got enough, in multi, you could choose the landmaster tank instead of an arwing. Suposedly, if you got all medals, you could play as the charactor, out on the field with a blaster. Is it true?
Check out these exerpts(sp?) from the "Star Fox 64" Nintendo Player's Guide:

ARWING VS. LANDMASTER
Once you earn a medal in every mission, you'll be able to drive the Landmaster in the Vs. Mode. The Landmaster has the advantage of being stealthy. When doing battle against the Arwing, it will rarely show up on its opponent's radar unless the Arwing is quite close to it.

FOX VS. FALCO VS. PEPPY VS. SLIPPY
You can also earn medals in the expert missions, giving first-class pilots some fresh challenges. If you collect another full set of medals, you'll enable one last special feature: the ability to select Star Fox team members in Vs. Mode. Along with spaceships and tanks, you'll be able to pit bazooka-toting animals against each other in combat!

Hope this helps! :wave:

P.S. - I saw screenshots of "Star Fox Armada" in my latest "Nintendo Power" (June 2003) - lookin' good! :D

SageofLaughter
30th May 2003, 09:00 PM
If you get medals on everything, you also unlock Expert mode.

It's basically an increased difficulty (your wings break if you breath on them too hard), where Fox wears sunglasses like James'.