PDA

View Full Version : Mewtwo on The Door

DarkMarowak
28th May 2003, 11:23 PM
I just saw "Mystery At The Lighthouse" on Cartoon Network, and I made an interesting discovery.

When the doors of the lighthouse open, you can see pictures of several Pokemon engraved on it, including... Mewtwo?

Excuse me, but nobody is supposed to know about Mewtwo! He was a secert project made by Team Rocket, and anyone that has seen him has had their memory's erased of it (save for Ash, Misty and Brock), so how could Bill have known what he looked like? :confused:

Animelee
28th May 2003, 11:52 PM
This was episode 013, and back then, they weren't even thinking about a movie, so back then, anything was possible.

Bacl
28th May 2003, 11:52 PM
I've never excepted that there is only one Mewtwo. While it has been established this Pokemon was created in a lab, and that Team Rocket created one (possibly the first, possibly not), I have always believed there to be the possibility of more then one. This information you present only acts as evidence towards my theory.

Rei_Zero
29th May 2003, 12:45 AM
Mewtwo is specifically known as the single one. Mew isn't. The only possible way for Mewtwo to have been created was by genetic egineering, because it itself is so different yet so similar from Mew. The changes that took place in Mew to Mewtwo don't seem very likely to happen in nature. The best explaination is that the writers never planned on Mewtwo Strikes Back till after the episode.

Dragon_Claw
29th May 2003, 04:39 AM
Mistakes like this happened several times. First time Ash saw Ho-oh, they all said that it was an Articuno. Around Johto, they created Ho-oh, they wanted something more original, because after the movie about Lugia almost everybody saw Articuno.

And in the Christmas episode, the Lapras could talk. However, Ash didn't even try to communicate with his own Lapras

ILikePokemonP
29th May 2003, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by Dragon_Claw

And in the Christmas episode, the Lapras could talk. However, Ash didn't even try to communicate with his own Lapras Ash's lapras was a lot younger than the other one. Maybe it's an age based thing.

Celebii
29th May 2003, 07:31 AM
Yes, I believe that they said that Ash's Lapras was a baby.

Bacl
29th May 2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Rei_Zero
Mewtwo is specifically known as the single one. Mew isn't. The only possible way for Mewtwo to have been created was by genetic egineering, because it itself is so different yet so similar from Mew. The changes that took place in Mew to Mewtwo don't seem very likely to happen in nature. The best explaination is that the writers never planned on Mewtwo Strikes Back till after the episode.

Yeah but once the first Mewtwo was created, what's to stop it from reproducing or just plain "cloning" itself? We know that the Mewtwo we see in the movie knows how to clone. It didn't seem to like being alone, either. Very likely it made others. Or what's to keep Team Rocket from trying again for another Mewtwo?

The only indication it is one of a kind is really from the video games. But that's not reliable, and even in the video games it's possible to trade with a few friends and have six Mewtwo on your team. :rolleyes:

Animelee
29th May 2003, 12:36 PM
LOL, Bacl, I think you're taking this Mewtwo-on-the-door thing a bit too seriously! Remember, Pokemon was on hiatus for eight months, so they had a lot of things to re-think when it was put back on the air. I guess that's when they got the idea for the movie, because from around episode 60, they started giving hints of Mewtwo and the first movie.

Hanada Tattsu
29th May 2003, 05:48 PM
I agree. Mewtwo was just on the door for one reason, just to create a mysterious atmosphere, nothing else. After the show went on hiatus, the writers decided to make more fans come back to the show by making a movie.

DarkMarowak
29th May 2003, 08:26 PM
So basically it's just a plothole...

Yay!!! Plotholes! :D

PAK Man
29th May 2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by ILikePokemon;P
Ash's lapras was a lot younger than the other one. Maybe it's an age based thing.

Or maybe that Lapras was a special Lapras. That's what I've always believed. Just like that special Gastly (from Ghost of Maiden's Peak) and that special Rattata, Oddish, and Pidgey (from The Poke' Spokesman)

dragon684
30th May 2003, 04:43 AM
I don't worry so much about the lapras. But in the same episode from the Mewtwo on the door thingy. The guy(forgot name) said that there where 150 (or 151 can't remember) pokemon. then alot of pictures appeared also indicating ash's pokemon. But in those 150 pokemon I think dragonite is in and the huge pokemon is definitly dragonite. So how come nobody reconised it?

Dragon_Claw
30th May 2003, 05:11 AM
that Dragonite is purple with green wings and like 10 times as big as the normal Dragonite. I like to refer that Dragonite as a freak of nature :P

Hanada Tattsu
30th May 2003, 06:51 PM
That was a Dragonite, but Bill had never seen a Dragonite that big before; I think it was huge and shiny, something that no one had seen in a Pokemon as of yet.

POKEMASTERMARIO
30th May 2003, 09:56 PM
Remember...the diaries of cinnabar said that mewtwo was mew's son (and the pokedex said that it was cloned :confused: ) but that could be the reason because they putted it in.

Hanada Tattsu
31st May 2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by POKEMASTERMARIO
Remember...the diaries of cinnabar said that mewtwo was mew's son (and the pokedex said that it was cloned :confused: ) but that could be the reason because they putted it in.

Well in the game Mewtwo was more of Mew's child, but in the anime it seems more like a sibling and an ally (at the end of the film, anyway) than a parent.