PDA

View Full Version : open challange (ref: needed)

Jolteon100
29th May 2003, 03:38 PM
Rules

1 vs. 1
I choose pokemon first
you attack first
ref chooss arena

I choose Pouch, my Kangaskhan

Ultimate Charizard
29th May 2003, 04:35 PM
Ill take this.....and ill choose.

My Dragonite (M)

Start with Safeguard and follow up with a Thunderwave. End the round with Ice Beam

Jolteon100
29th May 2003, 04:44 PM
I will post when the arena is chosen.

Razola
29th May 2003, 10:31 PM
I guess I can ref ONE little match...

Arena is...

The Matrix

Both combatants have been hooked up to the infamous program and will dual in an area of the city that has been cleared for the fight. It is a square about 3 miles by 3 miles, that features an area with skyscrapers, an area with medium height buildings, a park, and a marketplace.

Of course the Matrix is similar to reality, but is only partially successful at mirroring it. The rules of the Matrix can be bent, some even broken. By focusing, anyone can manipulate things like gravity, speed, and reflexes. However, this isn't a simple task. Both combatants must spend concentration and mind power, as well as a little extra energy in some cases. Mind power depletes as the user tries to break and twist the rules of the matrix, but as time goes by it will replenish (the rate of regeneration being dependent on how calm the mind is). Stress can have a negative effect or positive effect on mind power. For example, rage and anger can increase the focus of a combatant, whereas panic or fear can wreck the mind of one.

The matrix is unlike anything any pokemon has experienced, and therefore no pokemon has an advantage, no matter if they are psychic-type or fighting-types.

Another word of warning. This is not a contained fighting enviroment. Be wary of the guardians of the matrix, known as "agents." While you may be able to fend one off, continued battle with them is a very unwise and fatal choice. Agents are only loyal to the Matrix, and will equally try to destroy both combatants. Should you encounter an agent, it is suggested you both work together to escape.

Good luck to both combatants.

Jolteon100
30th May 2003, 05:40 AM
Okay Pouch,use Safeguard while hes using it.Then hit Dragonite with 2 Ice Beams

Safeguard Ice beam x2

Razola
30th May 2003, 12:17 PM
Pre-Round stats:

Pouch: 100%, Perfect Condition

Bob Dole: 100% Perfect Condition

Safeguard~Ice Beam~Ice Beam
Safeguard~Thunderwave~Icebeam
Round One

Both pokemon are hooked up and restrained. A few taps into the keyboard and both pokemon are jacked in.

Hello, combatants, I'm Raz. I'll be your operator and referee for the evening. Let's get this started, shall we?

Bob Dole, a strong and fierce-looking dragonite male, prepares to battle. Pouch is also looking ready, though a glitch in the Matrix has made the pokemon gender-neutral. Hopefully I can fix this later on...

Dole starts the match off by creating a powerful shield, and Pouch starts by doing the same. Both are playing it safe for now.

But all bets are off now, here comes the action. Pouch fires off a powerful ray of ice, which really hurts the winged Dole. Dole tries to retaliate, but his blast of electricity has no effect at all on Pouch. Dole seems a little irked by his error.

Another blast of ice from Pouch, but this time Dole retaliates with a blast of his own. Everything has slowed down to "Ice Time" as the two blasts nearly hit each other and then pass to hit their targets.

Dole is again hit with another frosty beam, while Pouch feels the chill for the first time.

Dole wipes the frost from his face.

Not the best of starts...

end Round One.
Stats for Round One

Pokemon

Pouch: 82% | Low-Moderate Fatigue | Mental Power: 50% | Feeling pretty confindent, but cold. | Safeguard up for six more actions.

Bob Dole: 60% (DAMAGE CAPS) | Low Fatigue | Mental Power: 55% | Slighty Angry and very cold. | Safeguard up for six more actions.

Other Stuff

Both pokemon are fighting in the middle of an intersection. No cars to worry about. You're in the middle of the arena. There's a park up north, market to the east, skyscapers to the south, and buildings of varying sizes to the west.

Scanners show no agents.

Dragonite needs a name, Pouch needs a gender. I'd give this information to your operator, or I'll input it for you both.

Ultimate Charizard
30th May 2003, 12:27 PM
The reason my Dragonite doesnt have a nickname is because i dont want it to have one, please respect my wishes.

Also im not sure about this whole Matrix thing. Ice time? Focus? You shouldnt really screw with the workings of the battles too much.

Also, what gender is the Kanga, that was never given. If its Female as most Kangeskhan's are, then the refferee has interfered with attacks. Attract namely since being neutral means Kanga cannot use it etc, same for Dragonite.

Jolteon100
30th May 2003, 02:15 PM
I was assuming that Kangaskhans are always female,like the game. So to clear up confusion my Kangaskhan is female.

Anyway attacks,

Pouch use Seismic Toss(rby tm) to throw Dragonite into the market probally demolishing the whole building,then while hes in the debriee, use Icy Wind to numb Dragonite and to make sure the ice hits him,then use a Shadow ball.

Seismic Toss(into market) Icy Wind Shadow Ball

The Muffin Man
30th May 2003, 02:20 PM
Kanga is ALWAYS female, Raz. You should not be a ref if you're calling it 'neutral'...

Ultimate Charizard
30th May 2003, 02:23 PM
Hmm lets see then.....

Start off with Double Team and then take to the air to use Supersonic. End the round with a Hyper Beam.

Jolteon100
31st May 2003, 07:59 AM
Oh I forgot to add that the DQ time is 3 days

Razola
1st June 2003, 12:25 AM
Reffing will be up around 11:30 EST Sunday, June 1st.

Now for replies:

The Muffin: 251 pokemon. 2. 5. 1. So SOOOOORRRY I didn't memorize the exact details of each one. I have very limited online time, and thus simply asked for it from the owner and kept it neutral until then. Same result, just longer to get it. If you can pull any detail about the 251 pokemon out at any given time, you shouldn't be a human being. Learn something more useful.

Ultimate Charizard #1: You're uncreative and thus you're dragonite was known as Bob Dole for one round. Was this that painful? Maybe you should take the five minutes to give it a name and personalize your ASB experience.

Ultimate Charizard #2: Green field. Green field. Green field. You know how SICK I am of boring, generic arenas? You realize how quickly ASB degernates into the same old thing? I was given the option to select the arena and I wanted something to interest you both.

"Ice Time" was a joke. A play off "bullet time" from the movie. Ha ha ha, I'm so clever.

This arena isn't complicated, and by agreeing to the match, you agreed to subject yourself to whatever I chose for it (and I made sure it was fair for both combatants). You can get a new ref if you dislike it that much, but this could be a really interesting match of you take advantage of the arena.

Razola
1st June 2003, 11:04 PM
Reffing in progess...

Pre-Round Stats

Pouch: 82% | Low-Moderate Fatigue | Mental Power: 50% | Feeling pretty confindent, but cold. | Safeguard up for six more actions.

Dragonite, the un-named: 60% (DAMAGE CAPS) | Low Fatigue | Mental Power: 55% | Slighty Angry and very cold. | Safeguard up for six more actions.

Seismic Toss~Icy Wind~Shadow Ball
Double Team~Supersonic~Hyper Beam
ROUND TWO

The match moves on into round two. The kangaskhan-gender glitch has been address, so now we can move on with no worries.

Dragonite starts off by splitting into four, a technique used to throw off his opponent.

Pouch is daunted by this new obstacle, but not enough to forget her orders. She runs up to one and grabs the dragonite by the tail, feeling lucky to have found the real deal.

Swinging the dragon round and round, she manages to sling him into the market place. Crashing into a melon cart, Dragonite wipes the fruit from his face and leaps into the air. Pouch appears in the market, looking for her opponent, only to be rocked by a barrage of mind-scrambling sound waves.

Pouch clutches her head in pain as the sound bounces around inside her skull. Not quite sure what to do next, the dazed kangakhan manages to launch a gust of frosty wind at her foe, but it only hits one of the fake images, which only adds to her confusion.

Dragonite retaliates by firing a powerful beam of energy at the bewildered kangaskhan, knocking her into a meat shop.

Pouch rubs her head...she's far too out of it to do anything other than moan.

end Round Two.
Stats for Round Two

Pokemon

Pouch: 62% | Moderate Fatigue | Mental Power: 55% | Confused for two more actions. | Safeguard up for three more actions.

Dragonite, Nameless Warrior: 50% | Moderate Fatigue | Mental Power: 70% | Arrogant | Safeguard up for three more actions. | Has three images, two of which are fake.

Other Stuff

Both combatants are in the market.

Dragonite is about 25 feet in the air with his fake images.

Pouch is in the meat shop.

No agents detctected.

The Muffin Man
2nd June 2003, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by Raz
[b]Reffing will be up around 11:30 EST Sunday, June 1st.

Now for replies:

The Muffin: 251 pokemon. 2. 5. 1. So SOOOOORRRY I didn't memorize the exact details of each one. I have very limited online time, and thus simply asked for it from the owner and kept it neutral until then. Same result, just longer to get it. If you can pull any detail about the 251 pokemon out at any given time, you shouldn't be a human being. Learn something more useful.
~Female Kangaroos have pouches. Males do not. I believe this is a bit of knowledge about REAL animals. Pwnt.

Ultimate Charizard #1: You're uncreative and thus you're dragonite was known as Bob Dole for one round. Was this that painful? Maybe you should take the five minutes to give it a name and personalize your ASB experience.
~Or maybe you should respect his wishes to have a Dragonite called "Dragonite"?

"Ice Time" was a joke. A play off "bullet time" from the movie. Ha ha ha, I'm so clever.
~"Haha" is right.

Razola
2nd June 2003, 12:38 PM
And yet they have female variety of an animal called Mr. Mime. Sorry if the bizzare world of pokemon has thrown me off. You're making a mountain out of a molehill. Pouch is female, no problem. Go find someone else to bother.

Ultimate Charizard
3rd June 2003, 08:12 PM
Ok Dragonite, Start the round with an Attract and follow up with a Thunderbolt
End the round with Icy Wind to slow it down.

Jolteon100
3rd June 2003, 08:26 PM
Pouch use a Protect just long enough to avoid Attract,then use Blizzard which should get rid of the images since Blizzard is in a wide coneshape and it will do alot of damage,then make it attracted to you by Attract.

Submoves: Im not sure if Safeguard prevents Attract,but if it does,then replace Protect with Shadow Ball and Attract with Ice Beam,if Safeguard doesnt prevent Attract,use the normal orders.

Protect/Shadow Ball Blizzard Attract/Ice Beam

Jolteon100
7th June 2003, 09:59 AM
Wheres Raz?

Razola
8th June 2003, 02:09 AM
Reffing will be up tommorrow around 11:30pm EST.

My apologies for the lateness, but I had a test this week in my Stats class and work ate up all my time during the end of the week.

I haven't forgotten you two.

Razola
9th June 2003, 12:13 AM
Sadly, the reffing has been delayed until Monday night.

Terribly sorry about this. If you want you can get a sub to fill in if you're tired of waiting.

Razola
9th June 2003, 11:27 PM
Note an error I made last round: Safeguard protects against confusion. Pouch is not confused. Sorry about the error and feel free to PM if you have a problem with anything.

PRE-ROUND

Pouch: 62% | Moderate Fatigue | Mental Power: 55% | Safeguard up for three more actions.

Dragonite, Orphaned Dragon: 50% | Moderate Fatigue | Mental Power: 70% | Arrogant | Safeguard up for three more actions. | Has three images, two of which are fake.

Protect/Shadow Ball Blizzard Attract/Ice Beam
Attract~Thunderbolt~Icy Wind
ROUND THREE

The two warriors continue to duke it out as round three rolls in.

Pouch starts the round off defensively by creating a shield around her body. Dragonite tries to use subtle body movement and alters the chemicals his body produces to that of one which would suggest to Pouch that he is a suitable mate for her. But the shield keeps Pouch safe from the effects of the phermones, irrating Dragonite to no end.

The Dragon waits for the shield to die down, then shoots a blast of screeching electric energy at his foe. Pouch grits her teeth as the shock runs through her body.

Pouch then retaliates by shooting a spray of ice and cold winds. The flurry of frost wrecks Dragonite and his fake images. The Dragonite shivers as he wipes the snow and ice from his face. He doesn't look too happy.

The dragonit lands on the streets and then fires an artic cold blast of wind, which chills Pouch to the bone, partially freezing her joints.

Pouch decides to give Dragonite a tastes of his own medicine. Changing her own body chemicals, she manages to convince Dragonite that she is a mate worth having...certainly something that should not be harmed. He is head over heels for the kangakhan now.

Hmmm...it seems the scanners have picked up something...

end Round Three.
STATS FOR ROUND THREE

Pokemon

Pouch: 37% | Moderate Fatigue | Mental Power: 75% | Feeling alright. | Joints frozen (slowed movement)

Dragonite, Missing Birth Certificate: 25% | Moderate Fatigue | Mental Power: 80% | Enamored with Pouch (chance attacks will fail)

Other Stuff

Both pokemon are in the market.

Dragonite is on the ground.

An agent has been detected. It is heading towards your location. It is reccomended you both head to the park to throw it off your trail.

Jolteon100
10th June 2003, 05:50 AM
Okay Pouch finish him off with Blizzard quickly

Subs: if you are in imeadiate danger of being attacked by a agent,then head to the park

Blizzard/Head to the park ~ Blizzard/Head to the park ~ Blizzard/Head to the park

Ultimate Charizard
10th June 2003, 01:24 PM
Hmm lets see......

Now i know u like the Kangaskhan but you have to Use Fireblast to counter any Blizzards hanging your way, dont worry it wont hit her. Follow Kangaskhan to the Park if you need to. and if you get the chance show her how much you care with an Attract of your own.

Fireblast/Follow/Attract ~ Fireblast/Follow/Attract ~ Fireblast/Follow/Attract

Jolteon100
13th June 2003, 05:48 AM
Raz?

Razola
14th June 2003, 01:52 AM
Reffing will be up in 1-3 days.

Just busy with work and all.

Jolteon100
18th June 2003, 06:46 AM
Raz?

Jolteon100
21st June 2003, 08:57 AM
Sorry to keep bumping,but this battle was almost finshed and I want to complete it.

Razola
21st June 2003, 10:37 AM
Reffing will be up 11 hours from now (give or take and hour).

My apologies, but I promise I'll get to you both.

Razola
21st June 2003, 11:57 PM
Keeping my word...

Pre-Round

Pouch: 37% | Moderate Fatigue | Mental Power: 75% | Feeling alright. | Joints frozen (slowed movement)

Dragonite, Joe Doe: 25% | Moderate Fatigue | Mental Power: 80% | Enamored with Pouch (chance attacks will fail)

Blizzard/Head to the park ~ Blizzard/Head to the park ~ Blizzard/Head to the park
Fireblast/Follow/Attract ~ Fireblast/Follow/Attract ~ Fireblast/Follow/Attract
ROUND FOUR

The two combatants prepare to once again mix it up in the ring as round four rolls in.

Pouch goes ahead and starts things off (Dragonite seems to be too interesting in Pouch to do it) and fires a cold gust of ice, snow and freezing wind. It looks like the ene of the line for Dragonite.

But suddenly a man in black lands between the two fighters, as if he landed from the buildings above. Taking the full impact of the Blizzard, Pouch gasps in horror, thinking she has hit an innocent 3rd party. Even Dragonite takes a break from his fantasies to see what damage this newcomers has taken.

To both of their surprises the man in black is perfectly fine. Then their surprise turns to fear as they realize what implications this situation has. This is no ordinary man: it's an Agent.

Both Pokemon take their trainers' orders and high-tail it to the park, trying to avoid the guardian of this world. Both pokemon, for the first time, open their minds to its fullest and bend the rules of the Matrix to increase their speed, leaving the Agent (who has been slightly hindered by the Blizzard from Pouch) in the Dust.)

The two arrive at the park safely and it seems the Agent is unaware of their position. Dragonite has benefit most of all from this experience: his terror has erased all thoughts of loe from his mind. And both Pokemon aren't tired at all; something that is to their surprise. Perhaps exploiting the arena could prove beneficial.

Either way, both pokemon need further orders from their trainers, ending the match in a rather anti-climatic fashion.

end Round Four.
STATS FOR ROUND FOUR

Pokemon

Pouch: 37% | Moderate Fatigue | Mental Power: 70% | Feeling alright.

Dragonite, Joe Doe: 25% | Moderate Fatigue | Mental Power: 75% | No longer enamored

Other Stuff

The Agent was last scene in the Market. He has no idea where the two have gone but he could still be looking for them. Stay frosty.

The park has a swingset (four swings) a slide (about 7 feet tall) and three see-saws. It has three fairly large oak trees and there is a fountain in the center.

Ultimate Charizard
22nd June 2003, 04:28 PM
Right,

Start off with Attract and follow up with Thunderwave. After that use an Ice Beam

Jolteon100
22nd June 2003, 07:10 PM
Pouch put up a Protect to block Attract,then set up a really quick Sub,maybe 5%,just enough to absorb his Thunderwave,then finish with Blizzard

Protect ~ Substitute(about 5%) ~ Blizzard

Ultimate Charizard
26th June 2003, 09:55 AM
Raz? Your turn Bud.

Ultimate Charizard
28th June 2003, 04:24 PM
Raz, are you still here or do we ask for a sub ref?

Razola
29th June 2003, 12:16 AM
I suggest a sub-ref. I might be around Monday night, but so far I've been far too tired at night to go online (and night is my only time to get online).

Sorry for the delay.

Jolteon100
1st July 2003, 04:43 PM
UC do you know someone who could sub ref this battle?

Deck Knight
5th July 2003, 07:21 PM
Pre-Battle

*Flies in on Tempest*

"I'm a subref"

Tempest: Oh good, you need obly to screw up 1 round, that will save us all some trouble

"ROASTING TIME!!!!"

Tempest: AHHHHHHHH!

Round 5 BEGINS!

Jolteon100 Pouch the Kangaskhan: 37% | Moderate Fatigue | Mental Power: 70% | Feeling alright.

Protect, Substitute (5%), Ice Beam

Ultimate Charizard Dragonite the Dragonite: 25% | Moderate Fatigue | Mental Power: 75% | No longer enamored

Attract, Thunder Wave, Ice Beam.

Dragonite tries to attract the Kangaskhan, but his actions are blocked by a white sheild, which then fades.

Kangaskhan next attempts to create a body double, but doesn't put enough energy into keeping up something which resembles its large form, and it crumbles. Kangaskhan then is hit by a Thunder Wave, the cracling sparks seeping into the Kangaskhan hindering its movements.

Dragonite then sends an Ice Beam while Kangaskhan uses its Blizzard. The two Icy attacks send a chill over the area. Decreasing the temperature. Normally, Dragonite could not survive such an assault, but the rules in the Matrix are different... and Dragonite lives on.

End of Round 5 Status

Jolteon100 Pouch the Kangaskhan: 23% | Moderate Fatigue | Mental Power: 70% | Paralyzed

Ultimate Charizard Dragonite the Dragonite: 13% | Moderate Fatigue | Mental Power: 75% | No longer enamored

Jolteon100
5th July 2003, 08:28 PM
Finish with Shadow Ball.

Subs: if he tries to Attract,Protect

Shadow Ball/Protect ~ Shadow Ball/Protect ~ Shadow Ball/Attract

Ultimate Charizard
6th July 2003, 05:28 PM
Start off with Protect to block and then go for Extremespeed to Dodge, Damage and get in Position for your Hyperbeam

Moltrecuno
13th July 2003, 05:43 PM
Previous Round

Jolteon100 Pouch the Kangaskhan: 23% | Moderate Fatigue | Mental Power: 70% | Paralyzed

Ultimate Charizard Dragonite the Dragonite: 13% | Moderate Fatigue | Mental Power: 75% | No longer enamored

Btw, when I sub ref battles, I tend to be a bit more serious. Don't ask why since I'm weird to be serious like that. -_-;

Charler: Indeed...

Shaddup... --;

Battle Round Six

Jolteon100 Shadow Ball ~ Shadow Ball ~ Shadow Ball

Ultimate Charizard Protect ~ Extremespeed ~ Hyper Beam

Another sub ref steps in to ref this round since the other sub ref forgot he's reffing this battle also. Amazingly the previous sub ref was my boyfriend. Isn't it great? ~_~ :D' The trainers nod their heads and allow me to sub ref this round. The trainers give their regular commands and the battle continued on with me as their new sub ref.

Pouch gives a cry and holds out her hands in front of her as if she was holding some sphere in her hands. Her little kid mimics its mom also. A small violet sphere starts to form in the middle of the air in between Pouch's hands. The sphere grew bigger and she aims it at Dragonite. Dragonite was determined to not lose. Pouch launches the shadowy sphere at Dragonite. Dragonite glares at the oncoming sphere and holds out one of his claws in front of him. He gives a snarl and a crystal clear shield appears in front of him. The shadowy ball hits the shield and disappears.

Pouch sighs in disappointment and prepares to give another shot at Dragonite. Dragonite opens his wings and gives a snarl. Pouch gives a cry and sends out another shadowy sphere at Dragonite. Dragonite at the same time rushes to the side using his speed. He easily dodges to the side and the shadowy sphere hits one of Matrix's agents. Not good... The agent merely looks at Pouch but Pouch holds her ground and doesn't show any fear in her eyes. Dragonite speeds past Pouch and gives a shoulder hit making Pouch fall backwards.

Dragonite runs right behind Pouch and starts to glow. He opens his mouth and a sphere of orange colored energy appeared in his open mouth. Oh boy... Pouch quickly gets up turns around. She then forms a third sphere of ghostly energy to throw at Dragonite. Both pokemon give a cry and send out their attacks. Dragonite sends out a bright orange beam of energy towards Pouch. Pouch sends out a shadowy sphere at the beam. Both attacks connect and seem to freeze in midair. After about a minute, the shadowy sphere was overtaken by the power of the beam. Pouch gets blasted with a full force hyper beam and hits the ground hard. A flag was raised.

End Round Six

Ultimate Charizard Dragonite the Dragonite: 13%

Jolteon100 Pouch the Kangaskhan: 0%

Um yeah... Great battle you two. That was the shortest sub reffing I've ever done to tell you the truth. ._.;;

Ultimate Charizard
13th July 2003, 05:51 PM
Wow, i cant believe i actually won that one!!

I wish they gave a prize to both competitors Jolteon cos i thought u had me there, great battle.

As for my Prize, ill Evolve my Phanpy into a Donphan and take my 1 yen.

Jolteon100
13th July 2003, 09:45 PM
great battle UC