PDA

View Full Version : look! another newbie open challenge, ref needed

pokehimon
30th May 2003, 06:39 AM
First battle, take it easy, yeah yeah yeah. Who wants to challenge me?

2 on 2

I choose

You attack

DQ:2 weeks

Arena:indigo plateau (normal arena)

Go Teddiursa(m)
Teddiursa: Wob...affet
???:D

The Muffin Man
30th May 2003, 08:40 AM
Hmmm...since you're new, I'd first like to welcome you. Second, I'd like to accept your challenge. But much like the rest of the league, I apologize but I cannot go easy on you...Arbok?

Strikaa - Yessss Massster?

It's your turn to battle

*Strika nods*

Alright Arbok, let's start things off pretty basic. First, I want you to intimdate that Teddiursa with your Glare attack!! Next, I want you to wrap around that Teddiursa, and strangle it with your wrap attack to immobilize it!! If you can't wrap it, give it a glob of Sludge Bomb, and then finish the round with Return!! Just remember how wonderful you are when you use Return, my most loved of snake pokemon!

Glare - Wrap x2
Substitutions - Sludge Bomb and Return(with my constant compliments and self-esteem boosters ^_^) if it is not wrapped.

pokehimon
30th May 2003, 06:52 PM
er...okay, i'll battle you.

Teddiursa, use Faint Attack to dodge that glare. Use faint attack again to resist the wrap. If you get wrapped, use lick attack to immobalise Arbok.

Faint Attack x3
Subs- Use lick if wrapped.

Ultimate Charizard
30th May 2003, 07:36 PM
Ill ref this if thats ok. Just gimmie a few min.

pokehimon
30th May 2003, 07:41 PM
sure, go for it

Ultimate Charizard
30th May 2003, 08:00 PM
Pokehimon Vs The Muffin Man

Pre-Battle

Pokehimon
Teddiursa(M) ~ 100% (No Fatigue)
Faint Attack ~ Faint Attack ~ Faint Attack
Subs - Lick If Wrapped

Vs

The Muffin Man
Arbok(M) ~ 100% (No Fatigue)
Glare ~ Wrap ~ Wrap
Subs - Sludge Bomb ~ Return

Arena ~ Indigo Plateau (normal arena)

Round Begin

Two competitors stand at their podiums, waiting for the Ref to arrive. A door slowly opens and a lone figure slowly walks out with a hotdog in one hand, a 'beverage' in the other and a Donphan shaped cap. Looking around at the glaring trainers he takes his position and Raises his flag signalling the start of the battle.

The two trainers release thier pokemon and instantly the much smaller of the two fades out, dissapearing from sight. Without a real target to aim at the Arbok named Strika simply follows its orders and its eyes light up. Unfortunately for the smaller pokemon it was looking at Arbok as it approached. Suddenly reappearing it stumbles but manages to connect with its attack.

Trying to stretch out its muscles the stricken bear attempts yet another Faint attack however at close range and with the delay the paralysis has put on his movements it soon finds itself wrapped in the coils of the Serpent pokemon, slowly being crushed.

Unable to move anything but its head Teddiursa leans forward and licks at the Arbok wrapped around it. This seemingly affectionate move is having an odd effect on Teddiursa's captor however and it finds itself unable to tighten its grip. It too has fallen prey to paralysis.

End Of Round

Pokehimon
Teddiursa(M) ~ 95% (Winded)Wrapped ~ Paralysed

Vs

The Muffin Man
Arbok(M) ~ 89% (Broken a Sweat)Paralysed

pokehimon
30th May 2003, 08:08 PM
Good job Ursa. Now, use a thunderpunch, Arbok is sweating so it might be more effective. Follow up with a focus energy and then finish up with another faint attack.

Thunderpunch-Focus Energy-Faint Attack

The Muffin Man
30th May 2003, 08:31 PM
Arbok, burrow underground quickly with Dig!! Next, wait for Teddiursa to go right below you(using his snake senses of heat and vibration) and emerge to Bite i! Then, use Dig again to avoid the Faint Attack...if he wants to hit us, we'll make it a huge game of Whack-a-mole!

Ultimate Charizard
30th May 2003, 08:45 PM

Pre-Round

Pokehimon
Teddiursa(M) ~ 95% (Winded)[B]Wrapped ~ Paralysed
Thunderpunch ~ Focus Energy ~ Faint Attack
Vs

The Muffin Man
Arbok(M) ~ 89% (Broken a Sweat)Paralysed
Dig ~ Bite ~ Dig

Round Begin

Both Pokemon Twitch as the Paralysis pulls at thier muscles. Arbok Releases its grip and tries to use the time Teddiursa needs to prepare its attack to dive underground. Unfortunately Paralysis hits once more and he falls to the floor struggling. He looks up to try and do something against the incoming attack but his foe has also been struck down with Paralysis.

Finally feeling its muscles relax Arbok bolts forward and clamps its jaws on the Smaller pokemon, almost threatening to swallow it whole. The small bear howls in pain as Arboks fangs dig in but it seems to calm quickly and is surrounded by a glowing aura as it focuses its power for the next attack.

As soon as the grip is released Teddiursa once again fades from sight but this time Arbok isnt going to hang around. Feeling a slight twitch, but managing to fight off the paralysis he dives underground, protecting himself from Teddiursa's attack and waiting for his time to strike.

End Of Round

Pokehimon
Teddiursa(M) ~ 88% (Sweating)Boosted Attack ~ Paralysed

Vs

The Muffin Man
Arbok(M) ~ 89% (Breathing hard)Underground ~ Paralysed

The Muffin Man
30th May 2003, 09:08 PM
Alright, Arbok. Pop out of the ground JUST ENOUGH to hit it with a Return! Then pop back under ground(Dig again, I suppose) and set off an Earthquake by striking below him!

pokehimon
31st May 2003, 06:26 PM
Okay Ursa, you haven't reappeared yet so stay hidden. When Arbok does come up hit it, reappear and hit it with a swift attack. Then use Defence Curl to block the Earthquake as much as you can.

Stay Hidden-Swift-Defence Curl

The Muffin Man
31st May 2003, 06:51 PM
Actually, Faint Attack doesn't make it dissapear as a defense, it just becomes see-thru, so if Arbok can sense it's heat and vibrations, he can still land a blow..

Besides, You'd need to appear to attack, which would count as Faint Attack.

Ultimate Charizard
1st June 2003, 12:25 PM
Im afraid TMM is right Pokehimon. It was a mistake on my part but Teddiursa would have reappeared at the end of the round and since it was my error ill allow u to change your first order.

pokehimon
3rd June 2003, 12:27 AM
Oh, okay, whatever.

Teddiursa when Arbok comes up, hit it with a swift attack. Then when Arbok goes underground, use dig. Then use earthquake too. He cant hit from under you if you're also underground.

Swift-Dig-Earthquake

Sorry i've been away for a bit. Been busy.:D

Ultimate Charizard
3rd June 2003, 07:57 PM

Pre-Round

Pokehimon
Teddiursa(M) ~ 88% (Sweating)[B]Boosted Attack ~ Paralysed
Swift ~ Dig ~ Earthquake

Vs

The Muffin Man
Arbok(M) ~ 89% (Breathing hard)Underground ~ Paralysed
Return ~ Dig ~ Earthquake

Round Begin

As the next round begins the Teddiursa is left looking around waiting for the Arbok to reappear. With a loud cry the snake Pokemon bursts from the ground and slams into the Smaller pokemon who turned, shocked by the sound accidentally released the attack it was preparing. Unfortunately for Arbok the attack he released was Swift and the sharp stars circle around, homing in before striking their target.

Shaking its head Arbok once again dives back underground, looking to evade any incoming attacks but feels a shake in the earth. Unnaware that his opponent has followed him underground Arbok feels unsure of why he cant sense his opponent on the surface. The ref seems to know where this is going and jumps on his Pidgeots back.

Shrugging Knowing the next attack doesnt need to know where his foe is he gegins to shake, making the ground do the same. As he does this he feels the vibrations increase, knowing he isnt producing such strong tremors Strika realises why he couldnt sense his opponent. He too is underground using Earthquake. Earthquake underground is a very dangerous tactic to try in any situation but when your opponent is also doing the same thing then the damage could be quite severe. As the vibrations continue the ground above and around the two pokemon begins to crack and collapse and as the vibrations end the two pokemon are left buried underground as their trainers worry.

End Of Round

Pokehimon
Teddiursa(M) ~ 38% Damage Caps (Exhausted)Boosted Attack ~ Paralysed ~Buried

Vs

The Muffin Man
Arbok(M) ~ 39% Damage Caps (Exhausted)Buried ~ Paralysed

(By the way, i know fatigue may be going up quickly but dont worry too much, i dont end battles by fatigue very often.

pokehimon
4th June 2003, 03:48 AM
Okay...Ursa use dig to reach the top, i'm not sure what the top looks like but I hope its still flat. :D Once your there, use double team, to raise evasiveness. Then use a Crunch attack against your opponent.
Dig-Double Team-Crunch

pokehimon
8th June 2003, 01:19 AM
bump

The Muffin Man
8th June 2003, 02:25 AM
Arbok, Burrow to the surface before Teddiursa can! You've got a thinner body, so you should make it up faster. Next, use Leer when Teddiursa peeks his head out. Finally, wrap around it's throat and strangle it with Wrap!

pokehimon
11th June 2003, 02:13 AM
bump again
wheres the ref??:D

Ultimate Charizard
11th June 2003, 10:29 AM
Sorry ive been a bit busy lately....ill get this done ASAP ok.

Ultimate Charizard
11th June 2003, 06:07 PM

Pre-Round

Pokehimon
Teddiursa(M) ~ 38% [B]Damage Caps (Exhausted)Boosted Attack ~ Paralysed ~Buried
Dig ~ Double Team ~ Crunch

Vs

The Muffin Man
Arbok(M) ~ 39% Damage Caps (Exhausted)Buried ~ Paralysed
Dig ~ Leer ~ Wrap

Round Begin

As The Next round begins there is no sign of either pokemon amid the rubble that is left of the arena floor. With a pair of tired gasps both pokemon emerge from the ground, obviously badly shaken they look around at thier handywork.

As they see each other they compose themselves and ready themselves for each others attacks. Teddiursa begins to glow and Splits into a number of mirror-images. Arbok's eyes also glow with a quick flash as he intensifies his gaze on his foe. All three of the small bears flinch and seem to back down slightly.

Taking advantage of its opponents hesitation Arbok dives forward, intent on once again throwing a crushing coil of its body around its foe. As it Locks around its foe it smiles, proud of its achievement untill it feels teeth sink into its body. The Bear within its grasp dissolves and the one now clamped onto Strika pulls its head back sharply, the Dark energy of the attack entering through the now open wound.

End Of Round

Pokehimon
Teddiursa(M) ~ 38% (Exhausted)Paralysed ~ Intimidated

Vs

The Muffin Man
Arbok(M) ~ 30% (Exhausted)Paralysed

pokehimon
20th June 2003, 02:04 AM
err...bump again. I'm pretty sure its not my turn. :D

The Muffin Man
20th June 2003, 06:19 PM
Alright. Arbok!! First up, Leer at the Teddiursa shivering the most. Next, slither back so all the Teddiursa are in a range set up like pins...and Earthquake the area! ALL of the Teddiursa will be hit hard! And if Teddiursa gets the balls to move before you Earthquake, follow that one and Bite it!! Next, while you've got your jaws clamped on it, Giga Drain its' life away!! If it takes the Earthquake, then run up and get your jaws on it for a Giga Drain anyhow!

Leer - Earthquake/Bite if it moves - Giga Drain

pokehimon
23rd June 2003, 02:43 AM
Teddiursa, Fury Swipe that snake! Then counter the earthquake, when Arbok comes up for a giga drain, use thrash!

Fury Swipes-Counter-Thrash

The Muffin Man
23rd June 2003, 10:15 AM
o_O; How are you gonna counter EQ..? Oh well. Forgot to mention, by "Leer at the one shivering the most", since Arboks a snake it SHOULD be able to feel the real shivering over the fake clones.

Sorry if this seems like I'm trying to influence the ref, just wanted to clear things up.

Ultimate Charizard
25th June 2003, 07:20 PM

Pre-Round

Pokehimon
Teddiursa(M) ~ 38% (Exhausted)1 Clone ~ Paralysed ~ Intimidated
Fury Swipes ~ Counter ~ Thrash

Vs

The Muffin Man
Arbok(M) ~ 30% (Exhausted)Paralysed
Leer ~ Earthquake/Bite if it moves ~ Giga Drain

Round Begin

The round begins and the battle once again resumes with Teddiursa charging at his opponent but suddenly feels his legs freeze up. The Paralysis which hadnt been much of a problem has reared its ugly head and Teddiursa stumbles to the ground face first, ruining his attack, fortunately with his head in the dust he also avoided looking at his opponent.

Still unsure of which his true opponent is Arbok decides to settle it with an earthquake. Rising up he slams his body into the ground as his tired opponent rises to its feet. Seeing what Arbok is doing Teddiursa begins to glow and as the siesmic waves reach him he yelps and a number of the shockwaves seem to be sent back towards his foe.

Still reeling from the countered attack Arbok hisses and lunges for Teddiursa but this time its him that feels his muscles twinge and falls short of his target. Looking up in time to see Teddiursa growl and lash out wildly and taking a number of heavy hits Arbok lands hard on the ground. And looks to see his opponent now scratching his head.
Things arent looking too good for the Snake pokemon but this confusion may be his savior.

End Of Round

Pokehimon
Teddiursa(M) ~ 19% (Exhausted)Paralysed ~ Confused

Vs

The Muffin Man
Arbok(M) ~ 8% (Exhausted)Paralysed

[/B]

The Muffin Man
25th June 2003, 09:45 PM
Alright Arbok. First, use Double Team. This will make it alot harder for him to hit, then, just Rest big guy. That should loosen the muscles and take away that paralasis

Double Team - Rest

pokehimon
27th June 2003, 05:30 AM
I think its my turn to lead. Anyway, if your going to drag this match on by resting I suggest we move it to a 1 on 1.

Ursa use swift to hit that snake. Then use Hidden power and finish with an ice punch.

Swift-Hidden Power-Ice Punch

The Muffin Man
27th June 2003, 04:14 PM
Deepest apologies, shall we redo the attacks then?

Also, I'd prefer to keep this a 2v2.

Ultimate Charizard
28th June 2003, 01:25 PM
*Waves Flag*

Re issue your orders, Pokehimon goes first.

pokehimon
28th June 2003, 06:31 PM
okay, my attacks remain the same

swift-hidden power-ice punch

The Muffin Man
28th June 2003, 06:57 PM
Arbok, try and brace the Swift attack. It's not gonna hurt too much, and that's if it hits! I guess just use a Rest and go to sleep for the whole round. Since Hidden Power is an illegal attack, you have a free turn to heal up! Your paralsis should be gone, but use a Sleep Talk! Think 'Giga Drain'...

*Gives his Arbok a quick hug*I'm proud of you, big guy...

Stryka - You are mosssst welcome, Masssta...

Just hang in their, Stryka...

pokehimon
30th June 2003, 03:02 AM
doh! never knew that. Ah well should've read the attack list.

Ultimate Charizard
5th July 2003, 06:08 PM

Pre-Round

Pokehimon
Teddiursa(M) ~ 19% (Exhausted)Paralysed ~ Confused
Swift ~ Hidden Power ~ Ice Punch

Vs

The Muffin Man
Arbok(M) ~ 8% (Exhausted)Paralysed
Rest ~ Nothing ~ Sleep Talk

The round begins with Arbok in bad Shape but for some reason he simply lowers to the ground and begins to sleep, recovering its energy. Looking to sieze an open opportunity Teddiursa launches a swift attack which cuts into the sleeping snake, stirring it but not waking it up.

Staring at its prone opponent Teddiursa sees the perfect chance to strike and begins to concentrate....on what he has no idea but he concentrates anyway hoping he doesnt embarrass his trainer since he doesnt know the move he's been ordered to do. Luckily for him his opponent is fast asleep and not moving.

Finally Recieving an order it can use Teddiursa's fist begins to glow blue as it charges Arbok. Arbok however begins muttering in its sleep and as if sleepwalking rears up and brings its body down hard over its opponent with a Body Slam while taking the Ice Punch. The cold chill wakes Arbok from its sleep and it shakes its head feeling refreshed.

Round Begin

End Of Round

Pokehimon
Teddiursa(M) ~ 9% (Exhausted)Paralysed ~ Confused

Vs

The Muffin Man
Arbok(M) ~ 22% (Refreshed)

[/B]

The Muffin Man
5th July 2003, 08:08 PM
Alright Arbok, this could be the chance we need...I want you to fling a Rock Slide! If he tries to counter, Dig underground as fast as you can! If he doesn't, then slither close to him and when he's JUST snapping out of the wooziness of all the rock, if he's not done yet, Giga Drain him! Finally, I want you to use an Earthquake as hard as you can. He probably won't have the strength to counter...

Rock Slide - Dig if counter/Giga Drain - EQ

pokehimon
11th July 2003, 06:23 AM
Teddiursa, use seismic toss, then when Arbok slitheres up to you give it another crunch attack. Then use Faint Attack again! Put all your effort into this Ursa!

Seismic Toss-Crunch-Faint Attack

The Muffin Man
15th July 2003, 02:30 PM
Just bumping and hugging my snake :D I love sensing motion and heat making invisibility useless :>
*anyone who knows UC knows this won't sway him, don't worry. He already knows this about snakes anyhow..)

Can we get a sub-ref? UC is neglecting us -_-;;

Ultimate Charizard
15th July 2003, 02:32 PM
im here, im just very busy...ill try to get this done soon but thanks to my now full time job im very tired lately.

That and the fact that thanks to the timezones staying up to talk to my american friends usually means 4/5am

pokehimon
17th July 2003, 07:08 PM
Damn you heat sencing snake! I am a newbie you know, and I was looking to battle another newbie. Ah well...
:D