PDA

View Full Version : [RBY] Question about how a battle works.

MetalScyther
30th May 2003, 04:32 PM
Well, after using the PBS with my new bogged standard team, I came across the solution that screech+Hyperbeam persian sucks, and that substitute and bodyslam is WAY better.

Anyways, I'm going against a snorlax. I predict that the snorlax is going to hyperbeam to kill me, so I sub(so that I could slash him to death). The beam breaks the sub obviously, but then the snorlax didn't have to recharge(this was on the PBS). Then he just bodyslammed me to death.

I'm wondering if this is a glitch on the PBS, or if its supposed to be this way. Did it work like this on the game? Is it SUPPOSED to work like this on the PBS, or was that just some kind of glitch?

Feelingsad
30th May 2003, 05:02 PM
That's how it works on GB, so KK put it into his PBS..
Also note, that if you explode and destroy a sub, you wont have to faint..

I actually quite like that rule, because like, it means you can;t have like a Mewtwo using Substitute to avoid an Explosion..
So like, Self destruct Mewtwo would be more useful, if we used Mewtwo..

Have a nice day.

MetalScyther
30th May 2003, 05:04 PM
Actually, on KK's pbs(it works diff. on GB), if you use explosion while having a sub up(i thought substitute eggy could own), you faint too, sadly.

Feelingsad
30th May 2003, 05:07 PM
No, if you explode when your opponent has a sub up, you dont faint, is what I meant.

MetalScyther
30th May 2003, 05:10 PM
*Have a nice day.

=P