PDA

View Full Version : Scyther!

Dragonfree
30th May 2003, 04:44 PM
Well, I suddenly managed to draw a Scyther. Even though I've never even been able to draw a proper scythe, let alone a whole Scyther. At least...

http://www.vilhjalmur.com/butterfree/scythercolored.gif

Oh, the legs look terrible, I know.

EDIT: Why won't anyone reply? :( It isn't that bad, is it...

Dragonfree
3rd June 2003, 12:44 PM
Okay, I'm really, really sorry for double posting, but will anyone PLEASE reply?

UmbreonCurse
3rd June 2003, 02:19 PM
Awww, how come he looks so sad? He looks so darn sad! I wanna hug him! anyway, good job Dragonfree

Dragonfree
3rd June 2003, 05:42 PM
I wouldn't really encourage you to hug a Scyther... what if it hugs you back?:rolleyes: Hmmm... sad... I don't know. I wanted it to be serious....

Oh, I'm throwing a party because someone replied! *takes out popcorn*

She_wolf_warrior
3rd June 2003, 06:33 PM
Hey man that looks pretty good. AND I know something that is worse than hugging a syther.......holding hands with one LOL:)

Dragonfree
3rd June 2003, 06:38 PM
Thanks! Join the party! *hands popcorn to She_wolf_warrior*

Katie
3rd June 2003, 09:27 PM
heh don't know how I skipped this topic, I always try to reply to the ones no one's replied to yet o_0;; anyway! that's a cool scyther, you don't see many people draw him. which is a shame, since he's such a kick-*** looking pokemon! ^_^ I like the shading, I envy anyone who can shade at least sort of well .-. grr. x_X about his expression, scy seems more like a confident 'don't mess with me' than a sad 'boohoo' one, so if he had more of a >=) face it'd look a lot more natural ^^ great job!

p.s. I still say a scyther with karate chop would own :D (think about it)

~Katie

Dragonfree
4th June 2003, 04:49 AM
Yeah, Scyther looks so cool. And is very hard to draw... you don't know how often I tried to draw it without success, then suddenly I managed to do one. Why does everyone think it looks sad? It looks more like how I look normally...

Heh. Karate chop. Ow.

Meowth_Kitten
4th June 2003, 11:10 AM
Great Scyther! I agree with the other replies, it does look pretty sad. The eyes are just so catching. I like how they are drawn in a bold line. I also think the color is great. Its hard to find the exact color of an official cartoon character, so people usually have to just pick the closest color to the real color. The shading is excellent, too! I think the only thing that could have used some work are the wings. They're pretty small in contrast to the body. You have to remember that those wings have to lift big huge Scyther up off the ground. I understand though that you may have run out of drawing room and had to squeeze them in somehow. Other than that, you've got a great picture of Scyther! Keep up the great work!

PS- Could you maybe please not reply to every single reply and comment you get on your drawing? Wait to reply to several people at once rather than each and every one right after each other. It'd just help reduce clutter and messy-ness. Thanks!

She_wolf_warrior
4th June 2003, 03:07 PM
*sees popcorn*Ummmmm, thanks Dragonfree?

Heh, I can't draw any poke. Just cool canids8)

Umbreon007
4th June 2003, 04:43 PM
Great Syther!
8/10

No thanks, Pop corn gives me a rash.

I guess I didn't have to tell you that. O_o

PS,
J/K about the popcorn.
I don't want someone to think I was telling the truth...

Dragonfree
25th June 2003, 08:18 PM
Well, I drew another Scyther, so I thought I might as well put it here... this one has a better pose, and doesn't look too happy about something...

http://www.vilhjalmur.com/butterfree/scythercross.gif

Katie
26th June 2003, 12:49 AM
wow, cool. I like this pose a lot, although I don't think a crossed arms kinda thing fits scyther that well. makes his arms look awfully stubby =o I also think it would look better if his feet were a little more spread apart, it would give him a more sturdy, balanced feel. I do like the angle of his head. looks really cool :D the shading is perfect, too =o good job, I like this pic better than the last one :)

~Katie

Sandslash and Ninetails
26th June 2003, 04:29 AM
Very cool drawings; I like them both, but I would have to say I like the second one better than the first. The poses on both are great; the first one is pretty cool, and the second one is really cool. I agree about the first Scyther looking pretty sad. The coloring is pretty good on both drawings, and the shading is done very well, too. I love his eyes in both pictures, they really stand out in the picture to me. The only thing that bothers me is the claws on the Scyther's feet in the first picture; they look kind of odd to me. But besides that, they're both great pictures, good job. Keep up the good work!

Dragonfree
26th June 2003, 09:22 AM
*looks at the claws on the first one again* Eh... the wings and claws were the last things I did on that picture, and maybe I was going a little too fast... a lot too fast, perhaps...^_^;;

Yeah, now that you mention it, the legs should be more apart... this is a mistake I make very often in pictures from that angle...

Well, thanks, both of you. I agree that the later one is better. I've still got things to fix, though. I'll fix them in the next one. *goes to draw another Scyther*

Yukitsukai
26th June 2003, 12:04 PM
That be a very nice Scyther... *applauds* *hands over cookie and cheap avatar* 10/10! *canned cheering* Right, I'm probably scaring everyone, so I'll be going now... *walks away*