PDA

View Full Version : Next On In Japan: Advance Generation Episode #28: Beautifly and Dustox!

Hanada Tattsu
30th May 2003, 07:19 PM
Advance Generation Episode #28: Beautifly and Dustox

Initial First Thoughts

Well, I'm guessing this is the episode where Jessie's and May's Silcoon and Cascoon evolve into their respective forms. It seems like an exciting episode, even though I can't wait to see Jessie's expression when she gets Dustox, lol. Well, let's get on with the actual preview!

Screen by Screen Review of Episode Preview

First, we see the red background of Groudon and the Pokemon of the day on that background. Then we see May's Silcoon actually evolve into Beautifly, and it flutters its wings a few times. May gets really hyper and starts smiling, obviously about her new Beautifly. Then we see Jessie all angry and with her teeth clenched, and she throws her Cascoon into battle. May orders her Beautifly to use either Gust or Silver Wind, I don't know which, and it throws Cascoon back, and Jessie looks scared, while May looks happy. Then we see Jessie cleaning her battered Silcoon, and finally May's Beautifly using Whirlwind to blow Cascoon away. Then, we see Jessie, James, Cacnea and Meowth in front of a glowing Cascoon, which is evolving! It then glows into Dustox, and we see Jessie look angry! Finally, we see the episode title over the aqua background of Kyogre.

Picture of the Week

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_ag/2_yokoku/img/028.jpg

This is a shot of Jessie, James, Meowth, and Cacnea watching Jessie's Cascoon evolve into Dustox.

Final Thoughts

This looks exciting! Jessie looked mean when she saw her Dustox, I feel bad for Dustox, lol. It seems as if May gets Beautifly before Jessie gets Dustox, it seems interesting. Well, until next time!

Gaborn
30th May 2003, 08:24 PM
One thing that I thought was interesting was that silcoon and cascoon change directly into their evolved forms. When Butterfree and Beedrill evolve they burst out of their shells (which magically just go away when the camera isn't on them).

Jesse will cheer up when Dustox starts using confusion.

JazzJazz
30th May 2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Gaborn
Jesse will cheer up when Dustox starts using confusion.

I think that she'll forever be angry for not getting a beautifly and this anger will reflect in her attitude towards dustox. Time will tell...

Chris 2.1
31st May 2003, 05:12 AM
sounds good! I'm in a rush, but my first initial thoughts were that they'd evolve at the same time, but it seems Cascoon evolved to help Jesse against Beautifly!

RJdude
31st May 2003, 08:11 AM
Sounds like a pretty good episode. I feel bad for Dustox, especially since Jessie used to love him as a Wurmple...oh well. At least May got her Beautifly... i just hope she still uses Torchic.

And the Teams are now:

Ash:
- Pikachu
- Tailow
- Treecko
- Corphish

Brock:
- Forretress
- Lotad
- Mudkip

May:
- Torchic
- Beautifly

Team Rocket:
- Meowth
- Wobbuffet (Jessie)
- Cacnea (James)
- Seviper (Jessie)
- Dustox (Jessie)

And I think these are going to be the teams for a while... at least until the next ending comes out.

Hanada Tattsu
31st May 2003, 06:45 PM
I know, she's gonna abuse her Dustox for all its life, sadly. And she was so nice to it when it was a Wurmple and a Cascoon, she wanted it to keep it clean, so she always never let it battle.

Gravy
1st June 2003, 11:23 AM
Awwww...poor Kemusso-chan. I feel sorry for the little pink caterpillar....erm, cacoon ^_^0
Perhaps Dustox will try to prove to Jessie just how useful it can be, what with its high speed attacks and psychic ability.
Then again, maybe Jessie will like it. I dunno. I was just thinking they'd give us a shot of Jessie's angry face to mislead us.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
2nd June 2003, 07:36 AM
Hello, missed me? The holiday began, but I was able to use my school's printer once more, but I do not know about next week's episode. Here's my translation again anyway:

Agehanto And Dokukeiru! In The End Of The Evolution!

Actually, Satoshi and friends are working hard in Muro island also today. There, Team Rocket, who tries to steal the party's Pokémon, attacked them! At the very midst of that battle, Haruka's [Chrysalis Pokémon] Karasarisu somehow evolved into the [Butterfly Pokémon] Agehanto!!

Haruka is extremely joyful for this evolution, but it is Team Rocket's Musashi who is not happy. Her similar [Chrysalis Pokémon] Mayurudo which she loves so much does not show any clear signs of evolution. After being defeated by Satoshi and others, with burning competitive spirit, Musashi begins an intense Mayurudo training, but Mayurudo gets overpowered and the rest of Team Rocket's Pokémon can't become training partners. For the sake of the important evolutuion of Mayurudo, Musashi, looking for competition with strong Pokémon, challenges Satoshi and friends again, but...

Agehanto=Beautifly
Dokukeiru=Dustox
Karasaisu=Silcoon
Mayurudo=Cascoon

Hanada Tattsu
2nd June 2003, 07:05 PM
Thanks!

Hmm, so Jessie still has no idea about the Cascoon-Dustox evolution line, she thinks she's gonna get a Beautifly....

Shakespeare
3rd June 2003, 12:47 AM
Sounds interesting. But maybe instead of hating Dustox, she might love it and do the whole beautiful on the outside, ugly on the inside speil she usual does. This could lead to Dustox being her favourite Pokemon.

BTW does Dustox learn Poison Powder? This could be a move that Dustox could use a lot effectively, because if I remember correctly it hasn't been used in the anime before.

Gaborn
3rd June 2003, 01:28 AM
Here is a list of moves that Dustox can use (not counting any tm or hm). Tackle
String Shot
Poison Sting
Harden
Confusion
Gust
Protect
Moonlight
Psybeam
Whirlwind
Light Screen
Silver Wind
ToxicNothing too impressive, but they certainly look cool. Contests will be fun with Dustox.

Shakespeare
3rd June 2003, 02:20 AM
Here is a list of moves that Dustox can use (not counting any tm or hm). Tackle
String Shot
Poison Sting
Harden
Confusion
Gust
Protect
Moonlight
Psybeam
Whirlwind
Light Screen
Silver Wind
ToxicNothing too impressive, but they certainly look cool. Contests will be fun with Dustox.

Cool, thanks for that. I guess Dustox can't learn Poison Powder. Maybe Toxic could play a role in Jessie's relationship with Dustox?

Gaborn
3rd June 2003, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by Shakespeare
Cool, thanks for that. I guess Dustox can't learn Poison Powder. Maybe Toxic could play a role in Jessie's relationship with Dustox? Actually, I think Silver Wind is the one she is most concerned with. I believe that is the move that made her want a beautifly to begin with.

Shakespeare
3rd June 2003, 04:20 AM
Actually, I think Silver Wind is the one she is most concerned with. I believe that is the move that made her want a beautifly to begin with.

True, but then you have to realize that Jessie had her hopes up for as Beautifly, not a Dustox. So I think that May's Beautifly might use Silver Wind and Jessie's Dustox might use Toxic.

Hanada Tattsu
3rd June 2003, 06:53 PM
Poisonpowder, Stun Spore, and Sleep Powder have all been in the anime, namely in the Kanto saga, we haven't seen that many bugs in Johto or Hoenn.

Rei_Zero
3rd June 2003, 06:55 PM
Poor Dustox. If we learn of how Jessie treats "ugly" pokemon we know that she won't love Dustox for a while. I doubt Jessie has changed much, as she has recently shown a trait that was known to be of her in Kanto. Remember, Clair's dratini? Oh its so ccuuute. I want one and keep it forever. *Evolves* Uhh, now it's a not so cute dragonair. Let's catch it and sell it....

Hanada Tattsu
3rd June 2003, 07:00 PM
LOL, Rei is right. Now, here's a harder one: Why do all of TR's Pokes (Meowth, Wobuffet, Seviper, Cacnea) appear in the sixth movie OVA short and not Dustox?

Me thinks she lets it go.

Fett One
3rd June 2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
LOL, Rei is right. Now, here's a harder one: Why do all of TR's Pokes (Meowth, Wobuffet, Seviper, Cacnea) appear in the sixth movie OVA short and not Dustox?

That doesn't mean anything. Charizard, arbok, weezing, victrebell, and lickitung didn't appear in the second movies short and they were still possessed by Ash and TR.

Gravy
4th June 2003, 12:50 PM

Maybe, but don't forget, It does appear in ending 2 of AGPolka 'o Dolka) so it must stay for a while at least.
Heh, you never know, she might think its cuter than Beautifly:rolleyes: Kinda like how Misty thinks Tentacool are cute.

Shakespeare
4th June 2003, 04:01 PM
Poisonpowder, Stun Spore, and Sleep Powder have all been in the anime, namely in the Kanto saga, we haven't seen that many bugs in Johto or Hoenn.

I know Stun Spore and Sleep Powder have been used, but could you tell me where Poisonpowder was? I can't remember it all. Thanks.

Hanada Tattsu
4th June 2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Shakespeare
I know Stun Spore and Sleep Powder have been used, but could you tell me where Poisonpowder was? I can't remember it all. Thanks.

I forgot, it might have been used in the Pokemon League saga. I remember Victrebell using it during the Orange League and early Johto.

Shakespeare
6th June 2003, 01:05 AM
I forgot, it might have been used in the Pokemon League saga. I remember Victrebell using it during the Orange League and early Johto.

Cool, thanks. I always thought it was never used in the anime. Stun Spore and Sleep Powder had so much more exposure.

I think Jessie will keep her Dustox for a while, as I think she will have a special type of bond with it. Dustox could very well be the most sinister Pokemon Team Rocket has ever had.

Hanada Tattsu
7th June 2003, 09:42 PM
We don't see Poisonpowder a lot. I wonder why?

LOL, the producers figure it'll give the kiddies an idea to poison each other, lol.