PDA

View Full Version : WarioWare Inc.: Mega Microgame$

Journies End
31st May 2003, 04:21 AM
WarioWare Inc.: Mega Microgame$

Does anyone else out there own this game (or I should say games) for the GBA? I just got this game today and it is crazy!! The basic story is in Wario's homtown, Diamond City, handheld mini games are all the rage and selling like crazy! So wanting to cash in on this Wario and a few of his buddies create WarioWare Inc., a new gaming company with a library of 200 minigames! Granted each game never lasts more than five whole seconds, but that's were the fun lies ;): when you begin WarioWare Inc. you'll soon discover you need a quick wit and even quicker reflexes to "solve" each minigame! For example (and these games appear in random order):

You begin the game and enter your name (for your data save slot) and watch a little animation of Wario working out to a stereo beat and jumping on a trampoline. He jumps too high and lands in the stereo! You see a screen with Wario trapped inside the stereo and Wario's Level begins! The words "DODGE!" will flash on the screen and the game cuts to a 5 second timed minigame of a car headed for Wario. Jump ("A" Button) at the right time to doge the car! If you get hit you loose 1/4 life. The screen cuts back to Wario traped in the stereo (if you were hit 1/4 of the lights are out) and because you completed 1 minigame 01 will be displayed. But no time to catch your breath! The next minigame name "CATCH!" flashes! Cut to "CATCH!" game. 5 seconds... 4, 3, 2, a pole drops from the sky! There is a hand is at the bottom of the screen! Time it right ("A" button again) and you CATCH the pole! 02 games complete and now "DRESS!" flashes and cut to next game! You see a shirtless Wario at the bottom of the screen. A shirt falls randomly from the sky! Use the arrow keys this time and have Wario run under the falling shirt! 03 games complete! After you sucessfully complete 10 of these minigames (without lossing all your life) you see a cute animation of how Wario frees himself from his stereo. Now on to the next character and a new batch of minigames!

These quick minigames instantaneously copupled one after another is how the whole game is played. Like I said you need a quick wit and quick reflexes in order to undersand what needs to be done in a game. Some games have really unclear objectives like "SHOOT MARS!" where the minigame has a black background, a crosshair, and a yellow, blue, and red ball. 5 seconds. You get it! Use the arrows to get the red ball in the crosshairs and "A" to SHOOT MARS! Or how about "MARK #!" A number is given, for example "9", and a book is flipping though pages. 5 seconds. I get it! Mark page #9!! Quick reflexes, the pages are turning quickly! Don't miss it! This whole game is an adreneline rush!

For each character you play, the minigames have a certain theme, there are 8 characters in all, each character having 25 games totaling a whopping 200 minigames(!):

Wario - Genre: Intro. The bad-arse president of WarioWare Inc.. His minigames have a general theme of shooting, jumping, and dodging.

Jimmy - Genre: Sports. The funkadelic, disco dancer, and cell phone gamer! Sports minigames are his thing: tennis, swimming, basketball, skateboarding, baseball, etc, minigames galore.

Dribble (and Spitz) - Genre: Sci-Fi. The pit-bull mechanic (and Tabby cat partner) also run the Diamond City taxi service. The theme of his games are manuvering and dodging with a pinch of timing. Get those arrow keys ready!

Mona - Genre: Strage. A girl on the run from the cops so timing is everything! From manurvering a floating finger to a nose in "PICK!" or spinning the arrow keys to sare spagetti on a fork in "TWIRL!" the theme of these games is accuracy!

9-Volt - Genre: Nintendo (my personal fav Genre :D). The themes of classic Nintendo are abound in this techie kid's mimigame library. From juming barrels a' la old-skool Donkey Kong, to stomping down a screen full of goombas, killing Mother Brain in 5 seconds as Samus, or even playing F-Zero and dodging all cars, every game here is strait from an old skool Nintendo game!! The memories!

Orbulon - Genre: IQ (my personal most frustrating Genre :mad: ). Think fast! React faster. Puzzles are this alien's theme. Games involing counting, sequence memorization, astute observation, and even spelling will make you wanna tear your hair out!

Dr. Crygor - Genre: Realistic. This mad scientist will not tolerate non-fiction! His games have a general theme of manuvering, timing, and accuracy, but the thing that makes his games stand out is they are all photo-realistic (ever play any of the GameBoy Camera minigames?)

Kat (and Ana) - Genre: Nature. These pair of ninja femme fatales give you a variety of games were accuracy is everything! Pin-point D-Pad ussage and "A" button pressing are a must in order to prove your shinobi skills!

That's all for now. I've only unlocked about 100 minigames... so I gotta keep playing! I can't wait to show this to my friends and whatch them struggle to beat my high scores!!

Craig
31st May 2003, 09:18 PM
man, this game is NUTS! My Bass Guitar teacher showed me this game when I had my lesson for like 1 minute..he went through like 30 mini games :confused: Just think, some japanese producer people were sitting around one night going "hey lets make a really crazy game for kids with ADD" hehe

classy_cat18
2nd June 2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Craig
Just think, some japanese producer people were sitting around one night going "hey lets make a really crazy game for kids with ADD" hehe

Oh boy, my dream game. *rolls eyes* But really, I tried the game and it's pretty fun.

SageofLaughter
2nd June 2003, 04:12 PM
I'm considering getting the game, but I've heard terrible things about it's lifespan and they put me off somewhat.

However, if I do get this game, it'll be because of the references to old games (Mother Brain, etc).

Journies End
2nd June 2003, 11:30 PM
originally posted by SageofLaughter:
I'm considering getting the game, but I've heard terrible things about it's lifespan and they put me off somewhat.
It depends on the type of gamer you are. You can probably beat the game in one day, but that doesn't mean you'll unlocked all the minigames. You have to go back and play some of the character's indiviudal levels over and over to get all of the minigames (it takes 15 wins to "beat" a character, but since each character has a library of 25 games, you can't possibly play all the games your fist time around). I got this game on 5/29 and so far I've unlocked 208 minigames on the "minigame grid" and 8 hidden minigames. I'm still missing 2 minigames on the grid (the grid has 210 spaces) plus there may be more hidden minigames totaling (possibly more than) 218 minigames.

So if you're worried that this game my not intrest you after you've unlocked all the games, there is going to be at least a few games that will addict you to beat your own (or a friend's) high score. Right now I'm addicted to "DUCK HUNT" (yes, old-skool duck hunt is included, the gun is fixed and the ducks will fly across the corsshair, so you gotta time your shots!) and a game called "DOUSE" where two fires will appear on a house and you have to arc the hose stream so it hits both fires at the same time (and it can get tricky!)

P.S. Also, the 8 hidden minigames I've unlocked aren't restricted to the 5 second limit. For example, in "Jump Forever" you can jump as long as you want (or can... my high score is 82 jumps) and "Dr. Wario" is one of the hidden games (it's just like Dr. Mario)!

EvileSquirrel17
26th June 2003, 08:47 PM
Ya.This game is pretty fun.I really like beating 9-Volt's level.Nintendo crazy!It is realy fun until you beat it which happens in like 3 days if you play alot...I still like playing Skating Board(Yes that's correct spelling),My high score is 117..

Duo_Washu_III
27th June 2003, 11:41 AM
get it. i played it, it was fun, but i want to see a part when you get to shoot the duck hunt dog. DARN YOU DOG! he'd always snicker at you whe nyou missed. I JUST WANT SHOOT HIM SO MUCH...... but the game won't allow you. err... all i'm trying to say is GET THE GAME.