PDA

View Full Version : Kamon's Quest Special: Giovanni's Revenge

Carbonite4
31st May 2003, 12:35 PM
KAMON’S QUEST SPECIAL 3:
GIOVANNI’S REVENGE

Two years after Mewtwo’s downfall, 31-year-old Kamon was watching the news. He had spent the day battling in the gym, and had just gotten home.
On the news was a horrifying image of a city in flames. The subtitles read: “Unknown Creature Terrorizes City.”
“What the hell had happened?” Kamon wondered. He turned the volume up.
“If you are just tuning in,” the announcer started.
Perfect timing, Kamon thought.
The announcer continued, “Here is what has happened: about one hour ago, an unknown person, creature, or otherwise, hovered over Goldenrod City, and then fired a series of what appeared to be giant balls of energy. These ‘energy balls’ destroyed almost the entire city. We picked up this recording of his voice, and this picture:
“ ‘This is the first phase of the Master Plan! All you will pay! You must all die!’ ”
Kamon gasped as he saw the face of the culprit. It was Mewtwo. Or, at least, what appeared to be Mewtwo. The right side of his face an neck has metal. Where his right eyes would be was a circular red light.
The picture zoomed out, revealing the rest of Mewtwo’s warped body. His entire tail was mechanical. His right foot was also metal. Parts of his left leg, along with his right arm and thumb were mechanical. The rest of his body was normal.
“This creature is thought to be the Pokémon Mewtwo, who has supposedly destroyed two years ago. What he wants or what he is trying to accomplish still remains a mystery. Stay tuned for more updates on this situation,” said the news reporter.
Kamon flipped off the TV. He knew that only he or Drew could stop this monster.
He ran outside an looked at the horizon. Smoke pillars were rising into the heavens.
Kamon knew what he had to do.
Kamon had found his calling.

There was a flash of light. Suddenly, Kamon and Celebi appeared high above the city of Goldenrod. Celebi kept Kamon afloat with its Psychic powers.
Kamon looked around for any sign of Mewtwo. It was approximately five minutes before he was supposed to attack.
Kamon had gone back in time in order to stop Mewtwo from destroying Goldenrod. While he was at it, he might as well try to figure out why Mewtwo was harming more people. On top of that, how he survived and who rebuilt him.
Kamon glanced around again. Suddenly, there was a second flash of light. Mewtwo was floating right before his eyes.
“What the hell are you doing here?” Kamon asked.
“Getting revenge for everything you have done to us,” Mewtwo replied. He raised his right hand into the air, and created a giant yellow energy ball. “The end starts with this!”
Mewtwo hurled the ball towards the earth. It sped toward Goldenrod at an incredible speed. Kamon threw a Great Ball into the air, releasing Delibird. Kamon hopped onto Delibird, and then told Celebi to stop Mewtwo’s energy ball.
“Celebi, Teleport down there and use Psychic to stop it!” Kamon yelled. Celebi spun around, making light swirl around itself. There was yet another flash, and Celebi disappeared.
Celebi reappeared just below the yellow ball of energy that was on a collision course with Goldenrod City. Celebi summoned all the power within its body, and then used it, trying to control Mewtwo’s energy ball.
By this time, trainers had gathered around to watch the epic battle. Kamon looked down to watch them walk out of their homes, the Pokécenters, and other various places. He thought about how he would be dead right now if it weren’t for him. Of course, they could be dead in a couple of minutes if Kamon didn’t succeed.
Kamon looked back up and faced Mewtwo. He noticed that Mewtwo was waving his hands around, trying to use his Psychic powers to control the energy ball. Kamon knew that Celebi couldn’t counter-attack Mewtwo’s superior powers. He had to fight Mewtwo by himself, no matter how suicidal it may be.
“Delibird, let’s go,” Kamon said, pointing at the cyborg Mewtwo. “We need to take Mewtwo down now.”
Delibird, with Kamon on his back, flew toward Mewtwo while using Ice Beam. Mewtwo was knocked to the side, but hardly hurt him. However, Kamon succeeded in making Mewtwo lose concentration of the energy ball.
Meanwhile, Celebi was using its Psychic powers to take control of the energy ball. Celebi could not reverse the attack, forcing it to try something else. Celebi attempted Teleport. There was a large white shimmer, and the energy ball was gone.
It reappeared high above Kamon, Delibird, and Mewtwo. It exploded in a giant burst of energy.
Kamon had saved the city of Goldenrod.
Now he had to save the world and stop Mewtwo.

Drew was sitting on his porch at his house on Indigo Plateau, gazing off into the horizon. He had a glass of water in his hand. He sipped it periodically.
He noticed a storm brewing over the mountains. Drew thought about the darkness of the storm. It was an unnatural darkness, darker than a normal rain cloud. The storm was spreading quickly.
Something evil is at work, Drew thought.
Drew sipped his water again as the wind whipped around him. He turned around as he heard someone approaching him. It was Carly.
“Hey, sweetie,” she said to Drew. She put her arms around him. They held each other for a few minutes.
Suddenly, there was a huge, yellow explosion off in the distance, near where the cloud started. Drew let go of Carly and stared at the area where he just saw the blast of light.
“Carly,” Drew spoke, gazing into Carly’s eyes, “I’m going to have to leave right now. Something is happening over there. There’s a storm brewing, and now there are explosions. Something bad is afoot.” He kissed her, and then continued. “I love you. And I’ll be right back, I promise.” Drew let his Lugia out of its Master Ball, and then hopped on. He turned back to Carly and said, “However, if I don’t return, I want you to care for our children, and make sure they become Pokémon trainers.” Drew then flew off to Goldenrod.

Meanwhile, Kamon and Mewtwo were battling. Celebi and Delibird, Kamon’s only two Pokémon that could fly, were double-teaming Mewtwo, but they were easily overpowered.
Suddenly, Mewtwo flew higher into the dark sky. He had his hand raised high into the air. He created another golden yellow energy ball, but this one was at least five times larger.
“You cannot stop me,” said Mewtwo. His voice echoed through Kamon’s thoughts. It was like a reoccurring nightmare that wouldn’t ever cease.
Mewtwo was supposed to be destroyed two years ago, Kamon thought. This is not supposed to happen! I mustn’t let this happen!
Mewtwo hurled the second energy ball plummeting toward Goldenrod. Once again, Celebi tried to reverse it by using Psychic and Teleport, but to no avail. Because this time, the energy ball was far too big to control, even if Cyber Mewtwo did not have complete control over his creation.
Kamon attempted to distract Mewtwo by attacking him with Delibird. Delibird dive-bombed Mewtwo; or, at least, attempted to.
Mewtwo, instead, turned his attention to Kamon.
At the same time, Celebi started to regain some control over the “death ball.” Also, local trainers sent out their Pokémon to help Celebi. The collection of Pokémon included Mr. Mime, Kadabra, Hypno, Xatu, Exeggutor, Haunter, Espeon, and Girafarig. All of the trainers told their Psychic-type Pokémon to use Psychic (of course) to help Celebi. The plan was working, except the Celebi couldn’t gain 100% control over the energy ball—a must-have in order to reverse the effects. Even when Mewtwo was distracted, his powers lingered over the latent attack.
At a perfect moment, Drew and his Lugia appeared on the scene, and quickly entered the fray. Drew commanded his Lugia to help Celebi and the rest of the Pokémon—they would need all the help they could get. Drew hopped off of the elegant silver dragon.
Lugia flew up toward Celebi, in an almost vain attempt to Teleport the second energy ball away.
Drew turned to the other trainers and shouted, “Listen to me, everyone! I need you to tell your Pokémon to perform Teleport on the energy ball!” Drew threw another Master Ball out, this time unleashing his Ho-oh. Ho-oh picked Drew up. “Take me to Kamon,” Drew said.
Ho-oh flapped its wings, and soared higher into the air, past the energy ball, and closer to Mewtwo. Once Ho-oh got close enough to Mewtwo, it used Sacred Fire.
Cyber Mewtwo, at that time, was more concerned with Kamon and battling his Delibird. As Mewtwo tried to not only control the energy ball but also keep up with the heated battle, things got a little hotter. Mewtwo was engulfed by Ho-oh’s attack. After the blaze of flames swept past him, he turned to his attacker—Drew Anderson.
“Not you again,” Cyber Mewtwo said drearily.
Drew shivered as he heard Mewtwo’s thoughts in his skull. They haunted Drew, as they did Kamon. Mewtwo’s voice and words always had, and they always would.
“Yes,” Drew answered. “It is me again. And I have come to take you down, once and for all! This is your last stand, Mewtwo. Right here, right now!”
As Ho-oh flew toward Mewtwo, Celebi and Lugia, along with the rest of the Psychic Pokémon, were trying the Teleport the sphere of energy that Mewtwo had created away. Possibly a greater threat than Mewtwo himself. All at once, all of the Pokémon used Teleport on the energy ball. Beams of light shot out of the energy ball, emerging from all places on it, shedding even more light upon the city. With a blinding flash, the unnatural sun was gone, and the city went dark once again.
Mewtwo whipped around to see his energy ball gone. Angered, furious that his item of destruction had failed, he shouted, “Fine then. It shall not matter! Chaos shall reign over you soon enough, followed by an eternal darkness. But for now, I depart!”
And with that, Mewtwo vanished.
As the trainers recalled their Pokémon, Kamon and Drew landed on the ground. Drew recalled Lugia. It wasn’t a choice now whether to follow Mewtwo or not—they had to, and they had to stop him, before it was too late.
“Celebi, do you know where Mewtwo went?” Kamon questioned his Pokémon. Celebi nodded weakly and slowly. “All right, can you take us there?” Celebi flew closer to Drew and Kamon and then Teleported them far away from Goldenrod City. They reappeared on Mount Silver.
The dark cloud the enveloped the skies above Goldenrod had vanished. Mewtwo’s darkness that had terrorized the city had ceased. But a new darkness could possibly begin very soon.

Mewtwo walked into Giovanni’s laboratory. It was hidden on Mount Silver because Giovanni figured that no one would find it, or so he thought. It was hidden deep in the rock.
The laboratory itself was the stereotypical lab: metal, with all sorts of gadgets lining the walls, computers everywhere. There were only two things not normally found in an average lab: the first were three glass tubes that lined one wall. The second was the rocket hidden underneath the lab.
Giovanni was standing in front of one of the many computers in the lab. Mewtwo walked (more like floated, rather) over to him and said, “Sir, the mission was a failure. Two trainers stopped me.”
“Again?” Giovanni inquired.
“Yes. They were the same two trainers that stopped me two years ago, at Cerulean, after you freed me from the Unknown Dungeon,” said Mewtwo.
“Interesting…” Giovanni tapped a few buttons on the computer console, and then moved on to another computer. Giovanni continued: “But, they did not follow you back here, did they?” Giovanni asked calmly. After a small silence, Giovanni turned around to face his prized Pokémon. “Did they?”
“I—I think so,” Mewtwo replied. “Someone is outside, I think.”
“You think? You are the Psychic Pokémon around here! Who is outside!?”
Mewtwo looked at the floor in silence. He glanced at Giovanni, who was glaring at him angrily. “It is them,” Mewtwo said finally.
Giovanni threw his fist at the nearest surface. “Damn it!” he shouted.
“They will not get in,” Mewtwo said reassuringly.
“They had better not.”

Drew and Kamon were searching for the hidden entrance to Giovanni’s laboratory.
“Over here,” said Drew. Kamon and Celebi ran over to where Drew and his Ho-oh were standing. Behind a bush (and several trees) was a hole. Not a small hole, either. No, this was a significantly large hole. Inside of it was a metal wall. It might have been a door, but for the moment, it was a wall. “Ho-oh, Fire Blast the door!” Drew commanded. Ho-oh shot flames at the steel door/wall. It had no effect.
“Celebi, why don’t you Teleport us in there?” Kamon asked his Pokémon. Celebi agreed, and took the four of them inside the lab.
Kamon and Drew walked deeper into Giovanni’s laboratory, followed by their Pokémon. They stopped as they reached a large room. To their right were three glass tubes. The first one contained Articuno. The second held Zapdos, and the third kept Moltres sealed inside.
As Kamon glared in awe at the three captive Pokémon, Drew looked toward the other side of the lab. He didn’t care much about Giovanni at the moment, mostly because he didn’t know who Giovanni was. He was defeated three years before Drew started his journey. What Drew cared about was the Cyber Mewtwo accompanying Giovanni.
Mewtwo and Giovanni turned around at the same time, seeing Kamon and Drew standing at the entrance to the main lab room.
“You…” Giovanni said, pointing at Kamon. “You are the person that ruined Team Rocket in Goldenrod! I remember you!”
Kamon shifted views from the three legendary Pokémon to Giovanni and said, “Yes, I am. But the real question is, who are you?”
“Who am I?” asked Giovanni, shocked that neither of them knew of him. “Who am I?” he repeated. “I am the creator of Team Rocket! I am their leader, their boss! I…am Giovanni!”
“Hey, I thought you were defeated almost 20 years ago by Ash,” Drew remarked.
“Eighteen years to be exact,” Giovanni corrected.
“Ah, then I do know who you are,” said Drew.
“Well, yes, I am the same person. Anyway, I have a little treat for you two. Mewtwo, will you do the honors?”
Mewtwo hit a button, and a collar suddenly latched around the necks of Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres. At first, Kamon and Drew weren’t sure what it was. But they soon found out: it super-powered the three legendary birds. It also put them under Giovanni’s complete control.
Giovanni hit a button, making a red light on the black collars turn to green. The three Pokémon woke up, and immediately started attacking. Zapdos filled its tube with electricity, making it shatter. Ice crystals formed inside of Articuno’s capsule, and it too broke into shards. The flames of Moltres melted the glass cylinder, and singed surrounding objects.
“Project Chaos is under way!” Giovanni shouted. Mewtwo followed Giovanni into an elevator, and went down.
“We gotta get out of here,” Drew said to Kamon.
“Right” Kamon replied. “Celebi, get us out of here,” said Kamon. Celebi Teleported the two trainers and their respective Pokémon out of the secret lab. Just in time, also, because the part of the mountain where the lab was crumbled. Smoke and dust flowed down the mountain side, engulfing the two trainers.
Zapdos, Moltres, and Articuno flew out from the top of the mountain, and then started chasing Kamon and Drew. As they were running away, another part of the mountain exploded. A rocket flew out of the top of Mt. Silver. It was dark grey, with shiny black windows circling the top. Four engines branched off of the bottom.
Drew looked up and pointed at the rocket. “That must be Giovanni’s escape rocket!” he said.
“We have to stop him,” said Kamon. They turned around to see the three birds using Elemental Blast, and attack they hadn’t seen in 12 years. “Celebi, we need your help once again. Get us onto that rocket,” Kamon commanded. As the Ice-Fire-and-Electric attack crept up on the two trainers, Celebi used Teleport, once again saving the trainers and their Pokémon from danger. Kamon and Drew materialized on Giovanni’s shuttle.
At the same time, the three birds flew off in separate directions; Articuno toward Blackthorn City, Zapdos toward Viridian, and Moltres to Saffron.
Project Chaos was going perfectly.

Inside the rocket, Kamon and Drew were wandering around, looking for the bridge of the ship. The interior of the rocket was white and silver; ironic, since Kamon viewed Giovanni as a dark person.
As Drew and Kamon approached an open door, they heard a voice. It was Giovanni’s. “It’s them, Mewtwo. I know it is!” he said. “I heard something. Go get them!”
Mewtwo’s telekinetic voice responded. “Yes, I can feel their presence.”
“Then hurry up and close the blast doors!” shouted Giovanni. Mewtwo turned around and made a gesture with his hand. Immediately, two mechanical doors shut and locked.
Drew ran up to the door with his Ho-oh. “Drat,” he said, “it’s locked. Ho-oh, try a Fire Blast on the door. Maybe we can melt it.” Ho-oh shot flames at the metal door. On the other side, embers were flying. The door wasn’t holding.
“Mewtwo! Close the second doors!” Giovanni yelled.
“Right away,” Mewtwo answered. A second door closed and locked with a bang.
“Ho-oh, stop,” Drew said. “They closed another set of doors. We can’t get through.”
Kamon sighed. “Yes we can. Celebi, we are already forever in your debt. However, we must ask for your assistance. The fate of the world depends on it,” he said. Celebi attempted to Teleport into the cockpit, but with no success; Celebi didn’t have enough energy for the moment to Teleport.
But suddenly, someone Teleported onto the rocket to join Kamon and Drew. It was Mew.
“What—what are you doing here?” Drew exclaimed. Mew squeaked, and waved its tail toward the door. It was apparently after Mewtwo. “Well, if you can find some way to open the door or at least get us in there, you can go ahead and get to ’em.” Mew nodded, and closed its eyes.
A blue aura surrounded Mew and the door. Both sets of doors flew open, allowing Kamon and Drew to dash onto the bridge.
Mewtwo whipped around and glared at his opponents.
“Mewtwo, you had better stop them this time!” shouted Giovanni.
“Yes, sir, right away, sir,” Mewtwo replied. He turned toward the two trainers and the three Pokémon. “Your battle is with me.” Mewtwo Teleported behind them, and motioned for them to follow him into a large room.
“You take on Mewtwo, Drew,” Kamon said. “I’ll go after Giovanni.”
“I can’t defeat Mewtwo by myself,” said Drew.
Kamon smiled. “Right. Let’s go.” Kamon and Drew ran into a huge, empty room (empty with the exception of Cyber Mewtwo). As the left, Giovanni closed the doors behind them.
“We’ll have to use all of our Pokémon to defeat him,” said Drew. He sent out the rest of his Pokémon. Kamon did likewise.
“Doesn’t this seem familiar?” Mewtwo remarked. “Didn’t you guys do something like this, oh, two years ago? You failed last time, and now that I am stronger than ever, you will fail again!”
“We didn’t fail,” Kamon retorted.
“Oh really? Then why am I still standing?” Mewtwo questioned. Kamon didn’t have an answer for that.
“Kamon,” Drew said, “use Umbreon, and I’ll use Tyranitar. Two Dark Pokémon attacking at the same time should be able to do a considerable amount of damage to him. Ready? Tyranitar, Crunch!” As Drew’s rocky Tyranitar charged at Mewtwo, Kamon’s Umbreon used Faint Attack to try to surprise Mewtwo.
Mewtwo, however, dodged both attacks with great swiftness and then blasted Tyranitar with an energy beam. Cyber Mewtwo then spun around with his foot extended, slamming it into Kamon’s Umbreon.
“We can’t win this way,” Kamon shouted at Drew.
Drew nodded. “I know,” he agreed. Drew sighed, and continued. “Kamon: head back up to the bridge. Someone needs to stop Giovanni.”
“You said that you can’t stop Mewtwo by yourself,” Kamon responded.
“Lend me the rest of your Pokémon, with the exclusion of Celebi,” Drew told Kamon. “Get up there with Celebi and stop him. Go on…now!”
Kamon’s face tensed. He couldn’t just leave Drew alone, but he knew what he had to do. Kamon ran back into the room where Giovanni controlled the shuttle.

Meanwhile, back on Earth, the legendary birds were wreaking havoc. In Saffron City, Moltres was igniting buildings, making half the city go up in flames.
One trainer decided to stand up and fight against it. Of course, she was the only one strong enough to beat a Pokémon like Moltres.
“Go,” she said, “Entei! Suicune, Raikou, you can come out, too! Attack Moltres!” Crystal watched her Pokémon attack Moltres at the same time, but the legendary Fire Pokémon survived. “Let’s see how you handle this,” Crystal commented. She threw three more capture balls, releasing Snorlax, Tyranitar, and Dragonite.
Tyranitar unleashed a Rock Slide, while Dragonite attacked with Thunder and Snorlax used Blizzard.
Moltres attempted to dodge the attacks, but failed. The legendary bird fell to the joint-attacks.
One down, Crystal thought. Two more to go.

In the mean time, in Viridian City, Zapdos was assaulting the innocent residents. The gym leader there happened to be the only trainer around to counter-attack this Pokémon.
Gary sent out all of his Pokémon—Umbreon, Exeggutor, Arcanine, Pidgeot, Alakazam, and Gyarados—to face-off against the super-powered Zapdos.
“All right, everyone, use your most powerful attacks on Zapdos!” Gary commanded. His Pidgeot was taken down by a Zap Cannon. Gary recalled his Pokémon, and continued the bout.
Umbreon used Confuse Ray, with horrid results. Zapdos went insane, attacking everything in sight, destroying everything in its path.
“Alakazam, Teleport all of us out of here…to, uh…Cinnabar Island! Nobody is there! Do it, now!” Gary shouted. His Alakazam closed its eyes and raised its spoons, and with a flash, the battle went to the volcanic island.
Atop the dormant volcano, Gary was controlling his Pokémon. He told his Arcanine to use Fire Blast, and his Gyarados to use Dragon Rage. Zapdos easily withstood the attacks and continued its rampage.
Zapdos succeeded as it used Thunder on all of Gary’s Pokémon.
“Alakazam, Psychic!” Gary shouted. The attack merely made Zapdos angry. As it dive-bombed Alakazam for Drill Peck, Exeggutor Teleported in front of it and used Explosion. Gary recalled Exeggutor. “Alakazam, Thunderbolt, and Arcanine, Extreme Speed!”
The nearly knocked out Zapdos took damage both Pokémon and barely survived. Gyarados delivered the final blow—Thrash.

Lance and Clair were the only two trainers in Blackthorn to stop Articuno. Unfortunately, they used Dragon-type Pokémon, weak against Articuno’s Ice-type attacks.
It appeared as though the birds were commanded to attack these cities, as if it were a part of some master plan…
As Articuno assaulted the town, Lance and Clair used their first two Pokémon: Dragonair and a shiny Gyarados.
“Gyarados,” Lance yelled, “Thunder attack!”
“And you, my Dragonair, use your Thunder Wave!” Clair calmly commanded.
Gyarados caused a bolt of lightning to crash onto the bird of Ice, and while Articuno was distracted, Dragonair paralyzed it. However, Articuno bounced back with two Blizzards, knocking out Dragonair and freezing Gyarados. Lance and Clair recalled their respective Pokémon, and sent out new ones—Charizard and Charmeleon.
Clair’s Charmeleon tried blasting fireballs at Articuno while Charizard flew after it while using Flamethrower. Articuno was eventually overwhelmed by fire, and then fell.
The world was safe, for now.

Drew continued his bout Mewtwo. He had all of his Pokémon and Kamon’s Pokémon out, and was aided by the mystical Mew.
Umbreon tried once again to use Faint Attack, but Mewtwo gracefully moved out of the way, and then slammed its tail on top of Umbreon’s head. Drew’s Tyranitar was knocked out with Bubblebeam, and Kamon’s Delibird fell from an Iron Tail.
They are dropping like flies, Drew thought.
Lugia and Ho-oh attempted to double-team Mewtwo, but to little avail. Mewtwo took down Umbreon at last with another Mega Kick.
Before Mewtwo could react, Feraligatr grabbed him and flung the Psychic Pokémon across the room, making him slam into the metal wall. Mewtwo quickly retaliated by kicking Feraligatr in the gut, sending him flying. Mewtwo Teleported above Drew’s Water-type Pokémon, punched him downward, and then blasted him with Psychic energy, knocking him out, too.
Mewtwo turned its sights on Kamon’s Corsola, and targeted his prey. He unleashed a Thunder on her, but Drew was quick enough to call out an attack: Mirror Coat. Even though Corsola took damage as sparks showered her, she managed to reflect the attack. The sheer power of it was too much for Cyber Mewtwo to handle, and thus he was overwhelmed. As soon as his body hit a wall, there was an explosion.
Drew breathed a sigh of relief; they had finally delivered a good blow against Mewtwo.
However, out of nowhere, a beam was shot at Heracross, making her faint. Corsola and Golem also fell victims to the attack. Drew used Ho-oh and Lugia in unison again, but Mewtwo overpowered both of them.
“I am far more powerful than you think,” Mewtwo spoke. “My power has increased ten fold since the last time you saw me. And you…you haven’t gotten any stronger.” At this point, Mew flew at Mewtwo to engage him, but Mewtwo merely flicked Mew away with his tail.
The battle was now down to the unconscious Mew, Kamon’s Typhlosion, Drew, and his Ampharos versus Mewtwo. An impossible bout.
Mewtwo spun around and then shot Typhlosion with another beam of light energy. Mewtwo repeated the attack with Ampharos, but this time Drew ran up to Ampharos and jumped in the way of the attack. Drew was blasted into a wall, and collapsed.

“Celebi, Teleport me onto the bridge,” Kamon said. Celebi transported itself and its trainer through the impenetrable door.
When Kamon reappeared, he was standing in a white-and-silver room. There were seven large windows in front of the bridge. Kamon was gazing at all of the stars when he noticed Giovanni. He was at a computer, plugging in coordinate.
“Giovanni!” Kamon shouted. The surprised Giovanni turned around.
“Ah, Kamon,” Giovanni said. “You’re just in time.”
“In time for what?” Kamon scowled.
“In time to witness to final phase of Project Chaos,” Giovanni replied. Just then the spacecraft shook, and Kamon felt it tilting. The shuttle was turning around. “You see, at the pinnacle of each engine is a nuclear warhead, or bomb. They will go off in 25 minutes. We’ll re-enter the atmosphere in 20 minutes.” Giovanni smiled wickedly.
“What are you trying to do!?” Kamon exclaimed.
“Seeking revenge on Earth and what they have done to me…what they have reduced me to.”
“Mewtwo has the same reasoning as you,” Kamon remarked, “but he’s crazy.”
Giovanni shrugged. “Nevertheless, these bombs will cause a nuclear winter to spread across the planet. It is a suitable vengeance for banishing me, forcing me underground.”
“I won’t let you get away with this,” said Kamon.
“Oh, it’s already too late.” Giovanni grinned. “Oh, and, Kamon: I wanted to show something to you.” Giovanni hit a button, and a door on the far left side of the room opened. “Jet, come out here, please.”
Kamon stood wide-eyed as his rival of long ago stepped out from the small room. “It can’t be,” he muttered.
“Hello, Kamon,” said Jet.
“You see,” Giovanni started again, “Jet has been helping me for a long time.”
“Remember when we fought the Legendary Birds?” Jet asked. “I was hired to capture them. However, you stopped me…” Jet took a deep breath, and continued. “It took me several more year to finally track them all down and capture them. And now you see why I needed them.”
“Then…was it Giovanni who let you out of jail?” Kamon inquired. “Not your Alakazam or whatever you said?”
Jet smiled. “That’s right.”
Kamon couldn’t believe what he was hearing. Everything that he had been a part of…was just one huge conspiracy?
“There is one other person I want you to meet,” Giovanni chimed in. “Kenta, will you come out here to meet Kamon?”
From the same door came a man dressed in all black, with a black hat and mask the covered his eyes. Kamon recognized him as a Team Rocket grunt, but, apparently, of a higher authority.
“Kamon, meet your father.”

Mewtwo closed in on Drew. “You have wasted too much of my time,” he said.
Drew barely opened his eyes. All he felt was pain. He saw Mewtwo gathering energy in his palm, readying a final blow.
This is it, Drew thought. This is how it all ends.
As Mewtwo fired the beam and a few final thoughts (of Carly, Andrew, and Julia) raced through Drew’s mind, Mew awoke. In a split second, Mew Teleported in front of Drew and deflected the attack. Apparently, Mew still had some spunk left.
Mew turned around and healed Drew. “Thanks,” he said standing up. He was amazed that he could move his arm again.
Mew squeaked to Mewtwo.
“What!?” Mewtwo exclaimed. “What do you mean the fight is between you and me? It is just as much his fight, too!” Mew squeaked back. Mewtwo grumbled. “You,” he said, pointing to Drew, “will stay here. I’m not through with you.” Mew and Mewtwo Teleported out of the room.
Mew took Mewtwo into space.
“Here,” Mewtwo said. “I can use my full power without any restraints!” Energy engulfed Mewtwo as he powered up. Reddish energy swirled around him like fire.
Before Mew was ready, Mewtwo flew up to it with an incredible speed, punching the puny pink Pokémon. Mew flew backwards, zooming past Giovanni’s shuttle. As Mew regained its balance, Mewtwo Teleported in front of Mew and whacked her with his tail, sending Mew past the moon.
Mewtwo caught up with Mew as it soared through the solar system, and then used Hyper Beam.
Mew flew even faster now, further into the void space. Mew finally hit something—the surface of Mars. Mew hopped up, used Recover, and awaited her opponent. As Mew flew up, Mewtwo came down, foot out, kicking Mew back into the red dirt. Mew wasted no time in trying to escape. Mewtwo followed Mew through the atmosphere, and back into freezing space.
Mew tried to use Ice Beam on Mewtwo, but he dodged it. However, as Mewtwo charged up a Shadow Ball, Mew used another Ice Beam, freezing Mewtwo. Coincidentally, they were battling in between Mars and Jupiter—where the Asteroid Belt was. Mew used her telekinetic powers to smash Mewtwo with an asteroid, sending him back towards Earth.
Eventually, Mew and Cyber Mewtwo reached Earth again, and continued their bout. As they fought, Mew noticed the sun shining on them. It sparked an idea.
Mew used Sunny Day, shedding even more light on the two Pokémon, and temporarily blinding Mewtwo. While this happened, Mew performed Solar Beam—an unlimited power source from the direct sunlight.
Mewtwo, who was caught off-guard, was blasted backwards, towards the Earth. Mecha-Mewtwo could not stop it—he was traveling faster and faster towards the blue planet.
He felt the heat from the atmosphere on his back. Mewtwo was helpless as flames ripped him apart and melted his mechanical parts.
The people of Earth looked up as they saw a fireball in the sky.
Mewtwo’s body disintegrated as it fell towards Earth. His threat was finally at an end.

“You…you’re my father?” Kamon asked the man in the Team Rocket uniform.
“Yes,” said Kenta. He had a raspy voice. “I left your mother when you were very young because I didn’t want my affiliation with Team Rocket to hurt you. I didn’t want you to…I didn’t want you to follow the same path I did.” He looked at the floor.
“Why didn’t you quit?”
“I couldn’t,” was Kenta’s reply.
“Why? Why not?” Kamon demanded relentlessly.
“I—I can’t explain. But trust me, I couldn’t,” Kenta replied.
“I will never trust you…” said Kamon solemnly. He sighed, and continued. “And to think, at one time, I thought that you might be someone I could look up to.”
Kenta was crushed by his son’s harsh words. Giovanni stepped in.
“Now, Kamon: I believe you said something about stopping me. I’d like to see your one Pokémon take out all of ours!” Giovanni exclaimed. He threw out two Pokéballs, releasing a Kingler and a Nidoking. Jet joined him in sending out an Alakazam and a Crobat.
Kamon was gravely outnumbered. Even with his superior Pokémon, Kamon himself would be vulnerable. Plus, Celebi was already weakened from fighting earlier, and wouldn’t last for long.
As Jet and Giovanni’s Pokémon closed in on Kamon and Celebi, two more Pokéballs were thrown—by Kenta. From them emerged a Charizard and an Ursaring. However, Kenta didn’t send them out to fight against Kamon.
“I don’t know if it is too late…” Kenta begun, “but if I can do anything to make up for what I have—or haven’t—done to you, I hope this is it.”
“Thanks…dad,” Kamon said. A small smile graced his face.
Right when they were preparing to battle, Jet noticed a battle occurring outside, between Mew and Cyber Mewtwo. “Look!” he shouted, pointing outside.
Everyone turned around to watch the bout. Suddenly, Mew fired a humongous Solar Beam, blasting Mewtwo into the Earth’s atmosphere. Giovanni watched helplessly as his Pokémon was torn to shreds in a blaze of fire.
“Well,” Kamon remarked, smirking, “it looks like your little plan is slowly failing.”
Giovanni started laughing maniacally. “Not hardly,” he chuckled. “You see, when I rebuilt him, I also installed a nifty cell inside of him that allows him to regenerate his entire body with increased power! He’ll come back even if only one molecule remains!”
Kamon was flabbergasted. Mewtwo was about to return, more powerful than ever.

Small particles began to take shape in the sky. As they were coming down, they went through the roof of a house and hit the floor. They then started to form in the shape of the Psychic Pokémon, Mewtwo. This time, however, Mewtwo did not have any mechanical parts. He was back to his old self.
Mewtwo opened his eyes. He remembered everything, from being released by Giovanni to getting killed by Mew.
He closed a fist, and powered up. Energy flowed around him, destroying the house he was in. He flew up into the sky, and was preparing to Teleport when he heard someone behind him, shouting. He spun around to see who it was. Though he was not familiar with this trainer, his psychic powers served him well; he identified the trainer as Falkner of the Violet City Gym.
So that’s where I am, Mewtwo thought.
“Stop right there!” Falkner yelled. He was flying on his Pidgeot. He sent out his Fearow, Murkrow, and Xatu.
Mewtwo scowled at him. He fired a Shadow Ball at Xatu, knocking him out, and then two Thunderbolts, knocking out the last two Pokémon.
Falkner sent out a Skarmory, and tried to Double-Team Mewtwo. However, Mewtwo simply used Flamethrower on Skarmory and an Ice Beam on Pidgeot. Falkner lost his balance and began to fall. His Pidgeot flew down and scooped him up at the last second, right before he struck the ground. While this happened, Mewtwo Teleported back into space.
Mew just finished using Recover when Mewtwo reappeared.
“Now, Mew,” he said triumphantly. “You will see who truly is more powerful!” He fired a Solar Beam at Mew, who did likewise. The beams met in the middle, forming a giant solar energy ball. Mew, though, was not nearly as strong as Mewtwo, so the ball was slowly moving in Mew’s direction.
Kamon and the others watched from the shuttle. Kamon knew two things: one, that Mewtwo would overpower Mew, and two, that Celebi was the only Pokémon that could help.
“Celebi, you need to go out there and help Mew,” Kamon said.
“But Kamon,” Kenta started, “you’ll be defenseless.”
Celebi thought for a moment and then Teleported out of the room. It quickly came back, though, with Drew and his Ampharos. Celebi left again, this time to help Mew.
“What’s going on?” Drew asked.
“Mew is battling Mewtwo outside,” Kenta replied.
“Kamon, who is this?” Drew questioned again.
“That,” Kamon said, “is my dad.”
“Oh, hi, nice to meet you,” said Drew, shaking Kenta’s hand.
“Likewise,” Kenta said.
Meanwhile, Celebi rejoined Mew to face-off against Mewtwo. Celebi charged up a Solarbeam and fired it at the energy ball. The solar ball moved more towards Mewtwo. Even at max power, though, Mewtwo couldn’t fully counter-attack both Celebi and Mew’s attack. However, Celebi and Mew weren’t making quick progress. The energy ball was moving very slowly towards Mewtwo.
In a last-minute effort, Celebi Teleported behind Mewtwo and used Giga Drain. Unable to hold both Pokémon off, Mewtwo turned around and blasted Celebi. With his attention diverted away from the energy ball, Mew fired it at Mewtwo.
Mewtwo turned around in time to see the energy ball in his face. Despite his efforts, he couldn’t deflect the ball in time. The solar energy ball struck him, and pushed him backwards. He was trying to gain control of it. Celebi and Mew joined forces again and blasted Mewtwo and the energy ball toward the sun.
“There’s no way he will live through that,” Kamon said to Giovanni.
Mewtwo tried one last time to get the energy ball away from him; he fired Hyper Beam, but got the opposite reaction he wanted. The sphere of solar energy exploded, leaving the remnants of Mewtwo to fly off to the sun. As Mewtwo’s shattered body began to reform, Celebi and Mew’s power had gotten him too close to the sun—he was melting at the same time. Mewtwo lit on fire, melted, and was turned to less than dust. He was finally destroyed, once and for all.
Celebi and Mew returned to the rocket, exhausted. “Mew, I want you to Teleport Jet, my dad, Kenta, and Drew back to Earth. Don’t worry about coming back, either.” Kamon turned to Drew. “Turn them both in to the police as soon as you get down there.”
“But—your dad?” Drew questioned.
“There’s no excuse for what he has contributed to. I can’t let my emotions get in the way of what’s right.”
Drew nodded. “I understand,” he said, “but what about you?”
“I’ll take care of Giovanni.”
“All right. Good luck, man,” Drew sighed. Kamon and Drew shook hands and hugged.
Kamon walked over to his father. “It was at least nice to meet you,” he commented.
“See ya, son. Make me proud,” Kenta responded. Mew then Teleported Drew, Kenta, and Jet away.
“Now it’s just you and me,” Kamon said to Giovanni.

Sabrina sat in a meditating position. She was watching Kamon’s progress. She was joined by Lance, who also wanted to see how Kamon was doing, and what, exactly, went on with the Legendary Birds. Sabrina was trying to contact Kamon. "Kamon…" she said, her voice echoing through time and space. "You must make sure Giovanni does not survive this. You are the only one that can save us. And even if you think you have succeeded, don’t turn back—face whatever comes at you, knowing your destiny has been fulfilled."
Sabrina opened her eyes. "His quest will claim his life…" she said solemnly.
Lance looked at her, shocked. "No! It can't!" he excailmed.
"In order for his destiny to be fufilled, Kamon must die."
Lance looked down at the ground. He didn’t want it to come down to this. “The future can be changed,” he finally said after a long silence.
“No,” Sabrina quickly retorted, “they can’t.”
Lance and Sabrina looked toward the sky in dismay.

With less than 10 minutes left, Kamon turned to Giovanni. “What exactly do you expect to do when those bombs go off?” he asked.
“I will escape in an (well-named) escape pod, and leave to a secret base I have on the dark side of the moon.”
Kamon looked around the room and realized that Giovanni’s Pokémon were still out. “Are you going to recall your Pokémon?” Kamon questioned, “or shall I make you?”
Giovanni grimaced. He didn’t want to have to fight Kamon, but he had no other options. “Nidoking, Mega Punch!” he commanded.
I didn’t want to have to do this, but… “Celebi! Take him down!” Celebi avoided the attack and used Psychic, knocking out Nidoking in one hit. Celebi then used Razor Leaf on Kingler, making him faint. “Now what?” Kamon said.
“I won’t let you spoil my plans…” Giovanni raised his cane. A hole opened up on the bottom, and a bullet was fired. It hit Kamon in the chest.
Celebi knocked down Giovanni with its Psychic powers, and kept him at bay. The injured Kamon got back up, and hobbled over to the control panel. He had four minutes and fifty-eight seconds left. Kamon punched buttons, altering the course of the rocket.
“What are you doing?” Giovanni exclaimed. “Where are you sending it?”
“You’ll recognize it,” Kamon remarked. He watched and winced as blood dripped down his chest and onto the control panel.
Giovanni and Kamon watched as the shuttle zoomed away from the Earth’s atmosphere, and towards the moon.
“Are you crazy!? You’ll destroy the moon!”
“And your base. Don’t forget that.”
Neither of them could do anything but watch as the rocket raced toward the moon. There was only two minutes and thirty-seven seconds left now…two minutes…one-and-a-half minutes…
Giovanni picked up his cane again. He looked up at the clock. 45 seconds. He stuck the end of the cane in his mouth. “Goodbye, Kamon,” he said. He pulled the trigger. His head was partially blown off. Blood was splattered across the controls and the floor.
Kamon closed his eyes as Giovanni fell. He then realized that he only had twenty-six seconds left to live. “Celebi, get down to Earth! I’ll get my Pokémon and escape. Go, now!” Celebi obeyed it master, and left the ship.
Kamon raced through the rocket (as hard as it was on him, with his gunshot wound), retracing his steps to where he started, only stopping to recall all of his Pokémon.
He thought about what Sabrina had psychically told him, to not turn back. He knew that Celebi had to stay on Earth, now. He could not endanger its life, as well as his. He had to find an escape pod on his own. However, he also thought about what he told Drew, that all destinies are not etched in stone…
As he was running, he glanced at his watch—only ten seconds left. He also realized he didn’t know where, exactly, the escape pods were.
10…he thought about getting his Cyndaquil, and battling through the gyms of Johto…
9…he thought about first seeing Typhlosion, meeting Jasmine, and seeing his Eevee evolve…
8…he thought about fighting the Elite 4 and losing to Lance…
7…he thought about become a recluse and then becoming a Gym Leader…
6…he thought about beating Lance and fighting in Kanto…
5…he thought about giving away Electabuzz and catching Entei…
4…he thought about beating Drew and finally becoming Kanto’s Pokémon Master…
3…he thought about going to Gehta, and watching Drew battle…
2…he thought about going to the Orange Islands, the Ultimate Tournament, and Mewtwo, and his wedding, and also Drew’s wedding…
1…and finally, Kamon thought recalled today, saving humanity…and also about Jasmine, and Drew, and Carly, and their kids, and all of their Pokémon. He thought about it all, and was crying…
And as his life flashed before his eyes, he noticed another flash, behind him. Before he could react, the rocket exploded.
It didn’t hit the moon, though. However, it did damage Giovanni’s moon base beyond repair.

Back on Earth, Kenta and Jet went to jail. Celebi and Kamon didn’t return—Drew, Carly, Jasmine and everybody assumed he died on the rocket when it exploded near the moon.
Drew retired from being the Champion of the Elite 4. Pokémon Trainer X replaced him.
Kamon’s gym position was replaced by a Dark Trainer.
Everyone’s Prophecies had come true. As Sabrina foretold, he went down in history as saving the world, and indeed became more famous than Drew. Kamon had finally fufilled his position as, “The One.”
And Kamon’s quest was finally over.

—The End—