PDA

View Full Version : Revising old stories

Wild Female Machoke
31st May 2003, 06:48 PM
Just curious, did anyone here revised any old stories you had written a long time ago?

My fanfic "Jewel Eyes" was actually written WAY back in the RBY days. It was originally intended to be a trainer fic and was under a different title. (Still using the young Street Fighter Sakura as the main character and her Machop was originally a male.) However, I left it unfinished because I just don't like the way it was as well as too much homework during my college days. Years later, I decided to revise it under a new name as well as a good plot.

Iveechan
31st May 2003, 08:28 PM
I've revised general ideas. For years I had the concept of "Guilty By Design" for almost 4 years, but I've made numerous mental changes to the story and characters. Actually, it was only recently I decided the trainer should be the guy from "The Punchy Pokemon" episode, but the idea of a Hitmonchan being abused by his trainer has always stuck around.

Chris 2.1
1st June 2003, 09:02 AM
Yea, From Rookie To Champion, my biggest fanfic (in these very archives) was originally a lot more basic, it was crummy, each chapter was about a line...LOL.

But i revised it and it did pretty well!

The same goes for Lucky Charms - That was fine, but when TPM first went down I was at Chapter 26, and couldnt be bothered posting them all back up :P

Hanada Tattsu
1st June 2003, 10:28 AM
Tracey's Quest was written back at BMG during the Orange League days, and it was mighty good. But after the site went down, so did my interest in Pokemon, years later at TPM, I revised it.

Originally, Tracey started in Johto and recieved a Totodile. It was a fic that followed the game.

RJdude
1st June 2003, 11:39 AM
My fic, "R.J. - Legacy of a Master" was going to be started a LONG time ago, before G/S came out, so it only had the original 150 Pokemon. But I got tired of it and stopped writting it. I waited a couple years, after Ru/Sa came out, and rewrote it. The storyline beofre was WAY different. R.J. started his journey with Gordon and Morgan, only Morgan had a VERY differnet personality. Nicole wasn't in it at all, and R.J. didn't meet Jospeh until chapter 4. Like I said, very different.

The Decapitated Mole
1st June 2003, 06:27 PM
Yea. I rewrote some of the MisAdventures of Hiro, because if you've read it, you'll know that it's written very n00bishly [I wrote it 2 years ago when I was a n00b], I added lots of description, and changed it from script format into regular story format, etc. But when I posted it here, as a "final" attempt to get people to read it, the response was so overwhelming that there wasn't any, so I gave that up, and am just writing it as is [still, I get no replies].