PDA

View Full Version : Open Challenge! Ref NEEDED!

Shade the Light Gym Leader
1st June 2003, 08:29 PM
Shade *sigh* I'm bored and I want a battle. Open Challenge, I guess.

RULES
2-on-2
48 Hour DQ
You Choose First
I Attack First
Arena: Indigo Stadium

Shade I don't care who refs, let's go! lol

Hikaru
1st June 2003, 08:41 PM
If I may, go Hikaru, my female Dragonair.

Discothéque
1st June 2003, 08:56 PM
I wanna ref! I wanna ref! I WANNA REF! ^^;;; *calms down* *is a Rookie ref. ^^ Yesshur, holy freak. =333*

1st June 2003, 09:06 PM
Shade Okay, great, I've got a challenger! Lessee here, a Dragonair... I'm trying to get one right now too! THE IRONY!!! ;)

OK. I'm going to start with someone who's quite balanced with a Dragonair, to keep this fight fair. Both battlers will have attacks that are super-effective against each other. Fang, come out!

Fang I'm ready for this!

Tyranitar Female
Nickname: Fang
Signature Move: Steel T-Slam
On the first turn, Fang’s skin gets as hard as diamond. It does this by focusing the same kind of energy as it would to do an Iron Tail, only much more concentrated. On the second turn, Fang slams into the opponent, crushing it. This move takes two turns to use. Fang doesn't gain any damage while using this move, but she does get a bit tired for a few turns afterward. One time use.
Type: Steel | Accuracy: 80% | Damage: 25% | Paralysis: 50%

Shade Let's start this off without letting our guard down. Start with a relentless Blizzard! After that, try to boost your stats with a bit of Ancientpower. Finish up with another Blizzard!

Hikaru, if it's okay with you, could we agree to ban Rest, Recover, Substitute, and subbing attacks in this battle? :)

Hikaru
1st June 2003, 10:14 PM
I take it that by "Indigo Arena" we're simply going with a run of the mill grass stadium, or perhaps the Rock field. Not sure..

Well, whatever.. Dragonair, fly up away from Tyranitar, out of his reach, and summon a Rain Dance. Agility away from the Ancientpower and stay up there, avoiding the next Blizzard. Let it waste its energy while rain falls onto the Rock-type beast.

BTW, this is Mozz, so I know you have my contact info. I've never liked the Substitute rules for TPM, so Substitute is fine to ban. I will also ban Recover and Rest, granted that you don't have any sig moves which act in that manner. Subbing attacks should be kept to a minimum, but not outright banned, as I lost my match to become a Gym Leader to Karin thanks to her attack orders which gave her Pokemon 32 options. ^_^;

1st June 2003, 10:36 PM
Shade Mozz? :o lol

Okay, this'll probably be harder than I thought. Sorry about you losing due to subs, though. No one used subs during my GL battle. :D lolol

Discothéque
2nd June 2003, 09:09 AM
Tyranitar - Fang (F)

Verses

Dragonair - Hikaru (F)

Pre-Battle: Fresh, hovering breezes passed by, rustling the lush jade grass which covers most of the field. Soft, somewhat warm air drifts about in the only azure sky, merely a few ivory clouds floating by, then tearing apart and completely disappearing. Standing near the sidelines, Shade takes a Pokéball from his belt, then tosses it swiftly out onto the field. Towering above even her own owner, Fang gives a slight grin, releasing a yawn that sounds more as if a roar. Mozz, on the other side, has already released the majestic Dragonair which stays coiled in front of him, her eyes blinking every few seconds, adjusting to the bright light after being set free from the Pokémon.

Both call out their commands, and prepare for battle!

Fang ~ Blizzard|Ancient Power|Blizzard
Dragonair ~ Rain Dance|Agility|Stay in the air

Battle
Flexing clawed hands, the large dark-type walks forth, spiked head bowed with a somewhat evil grin, planning out her attacks on her opponent. Though not seeming to be fazed, the sky blue dragon yawns, blinking her eyes curiously towards Fang who stands in place, mouth wide open as if attempting to gather something. Which, of course, she was. Mist, in attempt to harness the power of a blizzard. Giving a soft chuckle, and seemingly to just levitate, Hikaru darted into the air and just hovered for a few moments, staring down at the Tyranitar.

Fang glanced up at Hikaru, mouth still wide open as she grunted a bit, noticing the Dragonair was attempting to get out of her reach. Icy cold air gathered inside of her mouth, forming into sharp clusters of shards, almost as if needles made of ice. It was hard to begin gathering the coldest air on a perfect, sunny day but she was doing quite well.

Giving up on watching her opponent, Hikaru turned and started to go up into the air again, then suddenly stopped and swished around her tail slightly, the orb on the end glowing a slight blue. In mid-air, her body swayed and twirled, summoning the rain from the sky which quickly became cloudy and dark. And suddenly, a lot more cold as heavy rain began to pour, annoying the distressed Tyranitar standing on the ground.

But it seemed that the snow-based attack Fang was attempting to shoot off had gathered alot more quickly, and was soon finished as she shot off the millions of ice crystals, sharp as if knifes. Though Hikaru was far enough away to avoid some of the blast, quite a few shards scraped against her tail - instantly freezing in the chilling weather!

Now staring with great pity at her tail which was weighing her down slightly, the slender Dragonair took a sharp, annoyed glance down at her opponent which seemed to be smirking with great glee. Scroffing angerily, Hikaru saw now that the ground was glowing lightly, and rumbling causing some of the parts of it to cave in just slightly.

Focusing all of her energy into the ground in attempt to rise rocks, Fang muttered slightly, eyes completely closed as she did so. The ground continued to rumble, as she had to pull them from the earth as only small ones were scattered onto the land. Slowly some of the ground pulled apart, perfectly round rocks which could most likely weigh up to twenty pounds each hovered in the air. Quickly turning towards Hikaru, Fang pointed towards the Dragonair, the rocks seeming to obey and tossed themselves forcefully at her.

Though, waiting until the last moment, Hikaru merely became and blur and left the paths of the rocks, which continue to fly until hitting a wall, before bouncing down and landing uncontrolled on the ground. Darting up quickly to an even higher part of elevation, and now feeling safe to be free of the way of the blizzard, Hikaru continued to merely hover in the sky, smirking as she looked down at the ground. The rain continued to heavily fall down, almost as if it was trying to push the Dragonair to the ground, but she stayed perfectly still, not wanting to risk being hit by the soon to come icy attack.

Staring down at the muddy mess which had become of the soft ground where the rocks had risen, Fang blinked quickly, then gave a harsh glare towards Hikaru who floated away from harm into the sky. The air had become even more colder than before, so as soon as Fang opened her mouth, a small orb of ice energy had already been formed. It continued to grow, daggers of ice coming together in miniature form, glowing with intense power as the iced blue colour seemed to dance.

Taking much less to power than the first time, the beam was swiftly released, and as soon as the brisk air touched the rain, it stantly froze into the sky, becoming part of the speeding attack. It fell short of Hikaru, who missed it by quite a few feet, but it didn't stop her from feeling the chilling air.

Fang - Health 95% ~ Severely annoyed by the rain, light fatigue
Hikaru - Health 93% ~ Tail completely frozen, cold, hovering in the air, light fatigue

Arena Changes: Small craters have been formed in some parts, all parts where dirt was exposed is muddy, a few large rocks lay scattered to the side

Edit - Sorry, forgot to make my text size one. ^_^;

Hikaru
2nd June 2003, 09:45 AM
The rain should help melt that ice quickly Dragonair.

Now, as it's wet, Thunderbolt it. Stay away from it, though, and Rain Dance/Thunderbolt it as necessary. Rain Dance is necessary if negated.

Thunderbolt, Rain Dance/Thunderbolt, Rain Dance/Thunderbolt

Discothéque
4th June 2003, 03:36 PM
Hikaru, I must ask you - Shade has now been disqualified from this match by passing over the DQ time limit. Would you like to give him more time, or declare yourself the winner?

Hikaru
4th June 2003, 03:55 PM
I'll wait another few days for him. If he wants that GL spot so badly, he's going to have to prove to people that he's active and talented, so hopefully he can change his tune.

4th June 2003, 06:16 PM
Shade Sorry guys, I'm grounded and on a time restriction right now. I'll try to be back by Friday.

8th June 2003, 03:29 AM
Shade Well, I'm back... thanks for not DQing me. :)

Okay, I've spotted a little weakness in Mozz's plan. You see, electricity doesn't affect you one bit. At least, it won't if we do this right. Remember all that mud from the Ancientpower in the first round? Roll in it. If you are covered in mud, the electricity won't be able to pass through it and harm you. Now, when it uses a Thunderbolt, you'll be safe. Stay in the mud, in case it starts to wash off. Mud on just your feet should also negate the electricity just as the wheels on a car do when the car is struck with lightning (at least, I hope so). Finish the round with two nice Blizzards.

Discothéque
8th June 2003, 10:08 AM
Energy levels have now been changed to show how much that Pocket Monster have left.
-

Fang - Tyranitar (F)

vs

Hikaru - Dragonair (F)

Fang - Health 95%, Energy 84% ~ Severely annoyed by the rain

Hikaru - Health 93%, Energy 95% ~ Tail completely frozen, cold, hovering in the air, light fatigue

Arena Changes: Small craters have been formed in some parts, all parts where dirt was exposed is muddy, a few large rocks lay scattered to the side.

Battle

The rain proves to be a heavy burden upon Fang's part, as she scroffs, soaking wet from the heavy downfall of the aqua. Lightning crashes, breaking the sky, thunder roaring and causing both Pokémon's ears to ring for a brief second. Eyeing the mud and starting to follow the plan of attack, she begins to hobble childishly towards the mud, but weighing so much means you're not quite as able to get to somewhere within the blink of an eye.

Watching the somewhat slow Tyranitar, who struggled to pick up speed as she dashed madly towards the mud, Hikaru glows faintly of golden tints. Eyes, usually bright and blue coloured turn the same glimmering yellow, as they follow Fang's every movement. The rain just seems to fuel the electric energy somehow, making the Dragonair want to attack faster with the powers of the sky. But too late - Fang had already rolled in the mud, and was now sitting up, proud to be escaping the fury of the electric surge.

Rolling around in the mud, almost as if she thought it was fun, Fang grinned as the wet dirt clung tightly to her, but the rain had already began to wash it away somewhat. Glancing towards her opponent with a devious grin, the massive Tyranitar seemingly to taunt as she swayed her tail from side to side. Growling lightly in sheer annoyance, Hikaru released the bolt of lightning, which set Fang ablaze with golden shimmer.

Though the Tyranitar felt still a slight shock in where the mud had spread, as the rain was quickly chipping away at it, falling heavily. Snarling towards the sky, directing it towards the rain, she could barely feel the shock, except for near her head, where the rain had washed alot of the mud away, but not as badly as it could have been. Before it was all over, Fang glared at the Dragonair which chirped with delight.

Clenching her fists tightly, Fang opened her mouth, absorbing every partical of cold that gets in her path and forming it into a deadly crystal orb within her mouth. The parts of her body that were exposed out from the mud shown that she herself had turned a very faint blue colour mixed in with her normal colour, showing off the extreme lenghts of cold she had to store in her body to fire off the attack. Of course, she couldn't rely on cold air alone, as it mainly took the own cold she had stored in her body to build and release the attack. With the many uses of the moves in so little time, her cold reserve was failing already, but still had a bit left in it, but not enough to keep her going.

The rain still was beating the covering mud off from the Tyranitar, now leaving most of her body exposed to the electric rays which were yet to come. Of course, she didn't except to be attacked, as she hadn't noticed the mud had washed away almost completely.

Scroffing, as she had already escaped two blizzards before, Hikaru once more began to charge up the electric energy within her. Since the move hadn't been planned on attacking with very many times, and took less electrical energy than some over moves, it was built up fairly quickly, also helped by the fact that perhaps she was close to the sky as she hovered in the air. She had the same twirling, mythical yellow glow around her as before, with the gloating glint within her eyes.

Both attack were fired with little to no effort, and at the same time also, causing a mix up of elements. The lightning whipped and broke some icy shards, as the strong winds following the blizzard diverted the lightning away from the target. Shocking Fang, the electrical surges pulsed around her, only a few spots of mud left to protect her from the attack. Full-force of the blizzard fell short of Hikaru, yet it chilled her to the bone, and in some parts, her skin began to dry with the painful feeling of frostbites. To go along with it, her tail which was once healing from the freeze had became frozen again, which annoyed poor Hikaru greatly.

Staring with pride towards the Dragonair, Fang seemed confident of herself, though her stomach had been scorched from the electric attacks she had endured. But she didn't have time to rest, not at all, as soon as that blizzard was over she was commanded to charge another one.

The cold reserve in her body already felt drained, and doing so would most likely completely drain it, but she couldn't ignore orders. Opening her mouth and starting the orb of frost slowly, it began to grow, shining with a beautiful azure colour. But as it grew slightly bigger, it became dull and icy, until it stopped becoming larger at all. Noticing she had nearly used all of the cold in her body, if not all, she released the attack quickly. This time, due to not being in large clusters, it reached Hikaru fully.

It added more cold and pain to her frostbites, and also to herself, and a thin sheet of ice gathered around her neck, the next part of her threatning to be frozen. Looking still as calm as usual, electric pulsed through her body again, building up inside of her. She took particals from the sky and claimed them as her own, to build up her own fury of attack. This time, though, she didn't glow a bit as much before, and the attack took a few seconds less to charge. The electric which seemed as if whips furiously ripped through the air, but their intense shock had been used up somewhat before they reached Fang, giving her less of a shock then she would have gotten before. The water just attracted the electric and made small sparks, which stung at the Tyranitar's arms before the attack disappeared.

Now it seemed that the repeat of attacks were taxing on the two Pokémon, and it isn't helping Hikaru she she has been commanded to remain in the sky and attack at the same time, which obviously puts alot of stress on her. Now, let's see how they fair next time...

Fang - Health 83%, Energy 72% ~ All the mud is washed off of her, the rain is slowly draining her energy, getting extremely tired from the repeat of attacks

Hikaru - Health 84%, Energy 81% ~ Is very cold, has frostbites scattered all over her body, her tail is completely frozen once more, has a thin sheet of ice around her neck, getting tired of remaining in the air, getting extremely tired from the repeat of attacks

Arena Changes: Small craters have been formed in some parts, all parts where dirt was exposed is muddy, a few large rocks lay scattered to the side. The rain is getting even more heavier than it was before.

8th June 2003, 05:09 PM
Shade ¬_¬;; I am full aware of the fact that Tyranitar cannot Rollout easily. That's why I didn't command it to use Rollout. I commanded it to roll in the mud. As in, lie down in it and flop over. At least, that's what I meant.

If this changes anything, please say so. I won't be posting attacks until this is cleared up. :)

Discothéque
8th June 2003, 05:24 PM
Very sorry. I guess things just aren't very clear to me, as this is the second time I've messed up a reffing within a day. O_o *waits to be fired* I'll get that fixed now. xD

Edit ~ Fixed the reffing. Sorry abou that!

9th June 2003, 02:08 PM
Shade Thanks, Psi. ;)

Okay, nice job, Fang. Let's make this one simple. Knock it down first with an Ice Beam. It is weak enough for this to work now. Next, since it probably won't be able to take flight again, use another Ancientpower, and nail it. Finish with a nice Blizzard.

Hikaru
9th June 2003, 02:39 PM
Hah. Shade, how much ice energy does your rock dragon have? Enough to perform all of those attacks since the beginning of the match? You're gonna kill the poor thing..

Let the rain continue, Hikaru, and drop down to the ground. Set up a Light Screen and use it to ram into Tyranitar as well as absorb the Ice Beam. After that, use a Bubblebeam on the rock monster to compound the pain that the precipitation is giving him. Finish the round off with one more Bubblebeam attack.

Offensive Light Screen ~ Bubblebeam ~ Bubblebeam

Discothéque
13th June 2003, 10:17 AM
I have decided to quit reffing, due to reasons stated in the reffing tower. If you don't go there, however, it's because my left wrist has been bothering me. I don't know why, and it could most likely not be from typing, but better safe than sorry.

Good luck on finding a new ref. And thank you.

22nd June 2003, 08:03 AM
Shade Curses. I'll see if I can find someone over AIM, I guess...

*semi-BUMP*

DarkPrincess
24th June 2003, 12:31 PM
Shade asked me to ref this for you guys...so..

Round Three
Shade versus Hikura
Fang versus Hikura

*~*~*~*~*

Offensive Light Screen ~ Bubblebeam ~ Bubblebeam

Okay, nice job, Fang. Let's make this one simple. Knock it down first with an Ice Beam. It is weak enough for this to work now. Next, since it probably won't be able to take flight again, use another Ancientpower, and nail it. Finish with a nice Blizzard

*~*~*~*~*

Psiana *doesn't know if she'd want me to use her real name so xD* bestows horrible news to the two battlers. While Shade and Hikura are desperate, an angel of mercy appears in black. (whee! I'm an angel of mercy)

Lirima: *laughs at the thought*

¬,¬ erm, anyway, the angel of mercy is none other than DarkPrincess who had returned to the ASB. Along her side was her Meowth, Lirima.

Lirima: That's a riot. *laugh* You an angel!

Anyway, the battle continues. The elegant Dragonair begins the next round by surrounding her body with a thick Light Screen to help her defence and keep an offensive move up. Fang on the other hand had a different plan. She makes a stream of freezing ice rush towards the poor prettyful Dragonair. It slams against the shield and slightly sneaks through the shield to strike the dragon. She isn't happy about that. Fang finds it amusing and laughs. Next, Hikura exhales a bunch of bubbles from her mouth into a beam. They splash along Fang's body. She screeches. As soon as the agony is fully bestowed onto her, Fang roared. A bunch of rocks and stones rose from the ground and smash against Hikura. She shrieked and glared. Now, she was pissed. She once again released the beam of bubbles at Fang. After the attack had taken a toll on Fang, she released a massive blizzard onto the arena. Hikura was hit badly and still quite cold. She glared at Fang. Now, she was pissed.

*~*~*~*~*

Hikura: 60% Health : VERY Cold, VERY Angry, Hates Fang
Fang: 65% Health : Wet. Confident

Ta-da! I have a feeling I forgot something so if I did, just yell at me on AIM at LirimaDragon, then I'll get it editted ^.^; Sorry it sucks.. I'm tired x.o

EDIT: Erm.. I guess they wanted me to have them both with more damage done o_O

Hikaru
27th June 2003, 10:07 AM
5 Blizzards and an Ice Beam?

I guess you graduated from the Infinite Energy School of Reffing, ne?

EDIT: Also, HIKARU, not Hikura.. Big difference between Shining and the Next Vision o.o;

3rd July 2003, 12:28 PM
Shade If I'm not mistaken... Mozz is DQed. O_o;;;

DarkPrincess
3rd July 2003, 12:35 PM
I think he is. You can go ahead and claim your prize o_O

and that means I get.. nothing *grumbles about the sub-refs don't get anything*

Yumemiru
3rd July 2003, 12:36 PM
No. He's obviously awaiting an explanation from the ref as to why a Tyranitar has seemingly infinite ice energy.

Hikaru
3rd July 2003, 12:37 PM
No, I'm not DQ'ed. My post was a complaint about the amount of ice energy granted to Tyranitar over the course of the battle.

And how quick we are to DQ, Shade... :points to my extra allowance for you:

3rd July 2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Hikaru
And how quick we are to DQ, Shade... :points to my extra allowance for you:

Shade Don't call me quick to DQ when I give you an entire week of time. :mad:

Hikaru
3rd July 2003, 12:55 PM
Hrm, but I thought I bumped the topic. Whatever, then. I'm not under any threat of disqualification because of the complaint.

9th July 2003, 07:26 AM
Shade This waiting is fun and all, but I'd to see if the ref *cough* can fix the reffing so that we can get this battle started again.

30th July 2003, 01:50 AM
Shade Three weeks and no sign of Rachel... okay?