1st June 2003, 10:44 PM
Shade Oooh! Lemme screw you over, Icy. :D

I could use Vaporeon, but... :/

To hell with fairness. Go, Cream!

Sajian Meh. Bored as Icy here.

Vaporeon Female
Nickname: Cream
Signature Move: Powder of Cryogenation
Cream shakes her fins around a bit, and shakes out a fine powder of liquid nitrogen, then blows it toward the opponent. If even a bit of it touches any part of the opponent's body, that body part is instantly frozen. The freeze is so harsh that it causes frostbite, which does 5% damage to the opponent per round per frostbitten body part. There is a 10% chance that the powder will also affect Cream. Frostbitten body parts magically recover after 2-3 rounds. This attack can only be used once per battle.
Type: Ice | Accuracy: 65%| Damage: 5% per round per frostbitten body part to whoever is affected | 70-100% chance of freeze, depending on the speed of the opponent

Shade Heheheh... Cream, start with Powder of Cryogenation. Then, Dig a hole under that Geodude so that it falls in while it's frozen. Then, use a Hydro Pump down the hole to put it in a living hell... er.... frozen hell. Heh, If for any reason, it's not down the hole, use common sense and target the Hydro Pump directly at it. ¬_¬;

I'm sorry I'm being kinda cheap, Icy, but I really am pissed right now. You understand, right? :D

Mindprobe
2nd June 2003, 04:17 AM
I'll ref sense this is 1on1 and should be quick. I also suggest you ban rest, I hate rest! You didn't mention if you need a referee, well, here I am to be used.

EDIT: You should see DD's cheapness, he brought a Steelix against my Scyther :mad: Slash is going to get crushed....

Discothéque
2nd June 2003, 09:22 AM
Awww. @_@ *wanted to ref* Oh well. =3 Go Icy and Shade! Whoo-oo. xD

*waves flags and, uh... sits in bleachers. O_o If they are any. If there isn't any... they, uh... have some now. =D*

Icy
2nd June 2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Shade the Light Gym Leader
Shade Oooh! Lemme screw you over, Icy. :D

I could use Vaporeon, but... :/

To hell with fairness. Go, Cream!

Sajian Meh. Bored as Icy here.

Vaporeon Female
Nickname: Cream
Signature Move: Powder of Cryogenation
Cream shakes her fins around a bit, and shakes out a fine powder of liquid nitrogen, then blows it toward the opponent. If even a bit of it touches any part of the opponent's body, that body part is instantly frozen. The freeze is so harsh that it causes frostbite, which does 5% damage to the opponent per round per frostbitten body part. There is a 10% chance that the powder will also affect Cream. Frostbitten body parts magically recover after 2-3 rounds. This attack can only be used once per battle.
Type: Ice | Accuracy: 65%| Damage: 5% per round per frostbitten body part to whoever is affected | 70-100% chance of freeze, depending on the speed of the opponent

Shade Heheheh... Cream, start with Powder of Cryogenation. Then, Dig a hole under that Geodude so that it falls in while it's frozen. Then, use a Hydro Pump down the hole to put it in a living hell... er.... frozen hell. Heh, If for any reason, it's not down the hole, use common sense and target the Hydro Pump directly at it. ¬_¬;

I'm sorry I'm being kinda cheap, Icy, but I really am pissed right now. You understand, right? :D

Cheap? Hah, barely. Geodude, start by making a body-double to be frozen for you. Substitute! Next, after it's dug it's hole and still occupied with the substitute, use a Dynamic Punch to knock it into the hole it just made. It may know where you are now, but who cares? It's stuck in a hole, in pain, and more exhausted than you'll be. As it tries to blast you helplessly with water, just make sure you're not in it's range of sight and add something else to hide behind... Sandstorm~

Substitute (weak, about 10%), Dynamic punch, Sandstorm

Mindprobe
3rd June 2003, 02:35 AM
I will be absence starting from tomorrow to Saturday. I will do the first round reffing hopefully, but you have to find a substitution for the four days. I will be posting again in Sunday.

Don't Run With Scizors
7th June 2003, 02:54 PM
I'll subref for now.

Round One:
Icy's Rocky the Geodude vs. Shade's Cream the Vaporeon

With dog-like ferocity, Cream shakes and shakes and shakes, though that isn't a cloud of fleas... With a deep breath, she sends the chilling haze swirling toward Rocky. Curious. He doesn't seem to be aware of the cloud at all. Something's wrong here, but Cream can't put her finger (paw?) on it.

Interestingly enough, the Eevee family apparently isn't so adept at digging holes. Sure, Cream could dig a fairly large sized hole if she had some time, but she doesn't have the Digging skills that other Pokémon possess. Meanwhile, something comes up from behind and pummels her with explosive forces... Where'd that come from? Just before her mind is overcome by mental chaos, she thinks briefly about the possibility of some sort of mental trickery - before Rocky's body double wipes the thought from her mind with its mental blocking.

Cream's sane enough to know that she has to strike against Rocky... one super-pressurized blast of water later, Rocky mysteriously crumbles apart. Or rather, his lookalike did. All makes sense to Cream now as the Substitute's mental block is gone, but now she has a big sandstorm to deal with, courtesy of Rocky.

End of Round One Status:
Rocky the Geodude: 92%
Cream the Vaporeon: 91%, confused, just slightly fatigued
Arena effects: Sandstorm active for four more actions

Icy
7th June 2003, 11:18 PM
Okay, here we go... start off with a Toxic to get the thing uh... toxified? :o. Now, you're probably going to get a blast of water here... but don't worry, just remember that little grains of sand are constantly pelting the soft skin of the thing. We also must remember there is no water here, meaning the thing is going to be um... well... out of it's element.

After that use an Earthquake, followed by an Earthquake!

Substitutions - If it uses a water attack try using Earthquake when it's firing to knock of it's accuracy.

Toxic~Earthquake~Earthquake

Shade the Light Gym Leader
8th June 2003, 03:20 AM
Shade Well there goes that "no substitutions" rule. ¬_¬;

Whatever. Cream, start off with a Protect. The last thing we need is extra extra damage. Now, when you see it about to use Earthquake, use Acid Armor to melt into water. The ground shaking shouldn't affect you at all in this form, you'll just slide around. When the second Earthquake is over, then you should... nail it with an Ice Beam. Try not to miss. ;)

Cream Here we go! *puts on Super Mario Bros. Hat (blue, with blue "C" in the middle ;))*

P.S.: Shade Icy, I believe the term is "poisoned." :o

Icy
8th June 2003, 11:18 AM
I'd like to point out a mistake...

Acid Armor: The user turns invisible or partially invisible for a short while, allowing them to evade attacks more easily. Excellent accuracy.

That's from the ASB attack list. I agree with you that attacks can be interpreted differently... but to a degree. Turning into a puddle of water and being invisible are two totally different things.

Being invisible won't let you escape an Earthquake...

Then again, neither will being a puddle of water that's on the ground being pelted by sand.

8th June 2003, 05:04 PM
Shade Funny. I could've sworn that it said in the Animé somewhere about Acid Armor melting Vaporeon. *hopes that the ref thinks this too ;)*

Discothéque
8th June 2003, 05:40 PM
Shade Funny. I could've sworn that it said in the Animé somewhere about Acid Armor melting Vaporeon. *hopes that the ref thinks this too ;)*

Well, it is true that in the animé, a Vaporeon used Acid Armour. It was actually in the Eevee Brothers episode. But, the Vaporeon did not melt, it simply disappeared into the water for a few moments.

Mindprobe
10th June 2003, 02:58 PM
Disqo, you may ref this if you want, I have to withdraw due to hectic schedule, it was a mistake to take this battle. I'm sorry guys...

Icy
13th June 2003, 07:11 PM
Psiana cannot ref this battle, so as of NOW, we need a new ref. :\

Don't Run With Scizors
15th June 2003, 09:44 AM
Well, you're both right... Acid Armor does involve transparency, but it's not a perfect transparency. It can be seen, but it takes a sharp eye to notice an exact position in the heat of battle. A Vaporeon's version of Acid Armor just involves morphing into a transparent water-like state, that's all.

And like Icy said, invisibility won't save you from Earthquakes.

Don't bother too much with Toxic, either. I referee Toxic so that it deals minor damage when the infected Pokémon is active, but MAJOR damage (think 10 to 20% a round) when the Pokémon is not, especially when in a Rest trance - this is just to nerf Rest abusers.

Round Two:
Rocky the Geodude (92%) vs. Cream the Vaporeon (91%, confused, just slightly fatigued)
Arena effects: Sandstorm active for four more actions

Vile corruption is headed Cream's way, and that's something nobody wants to be hit by. But she can't stop it... the stress is overwhelming.

Cream follows up with a Vaporeon's unique talent: the ability to transform into a liquid-like state. She hopes that in her liquid form, she'll be able to stand the quake now ravaging the arena more easily... not much of an improvement, though. The massive vibrations still shock her just as forcefully as before, and the raging storm relentlessly grinds away at her.

They don't throw off her practiced aim very much, though. With near-precision targeting (the best she can get with all the quaking going on), she bathes Rocky in chilling ice.

That sandstorm hurt... too bad Cream didn't do anything about it.

End of Round Two Status:
Rocky the Geodude: 77%, chilled, mildly fatigued
Cream the Vaporeon: 64%, slightly fatigued, badly poisoned, liquid form
Arena effects: Sandstorm active for one more action

Icy
18th June 2003, 08:27 PM
Shade, I WILL stick to my 6 day DQ, so you better post by then.

19th June 2003, 07:21 PM
Shade Surfx3.[/SPAM] ;)

Icy
19th June 2003, 07:32 PM
No water. Geodude just get as close as possible and Earthquake three times. Make it as powerful as possible, and take as much time as you want.

Earthquake x3

Icy
28th June 2003, 01:04 PM
Ref.. needed.

:\, Yeah a ref would be nice about now. :o Could a ref come and save this battle?

Don't Run With Scizors
28th June 2003, 01:57 PM
I hadn't noticed.

Round Three:
Rocky the Geodude (77%, chilled, mildly fatigued) vs. Cream the Vaporeon (64%, slightly fatigued, badly poisoned, liquid form)
Arena effects: Sandstorm active for one more action

Cream decides to quit dawdling as she deftly manipulates water from the arena's underground aqueducts - Icy gapes in surprise - while Rocky decides to pummel Cream with more seismic disturbances.

The crowd boos at such boring sets of attacks.

End of Round Three Status:
Rocky the Geodude: 37% (damage caps), mildly heavily fatigued
Cream the Vaporeon: 33%, mildly fatigued, badly poisoned, liquid form

Icy
29th June 2003, 08:25 PM
While I didn't think ground water was a large quantity of water (now, um... isn't there ground water in basically every arena?), I REALLY didn't think that a Vaporeon could somehow get enough of it to rise through the ground, and w/o a very descriptive reffing... I'm still baffled.

More detailed reffing, please. :\ or an explanation as to how a Vaporeon (umm... no psychic power I think) manipulates enough tiny droplets of ground water to go through small pores in the ground that is covered by grass.

EDIT: As you know I am VERY stupid, but "manipulates water from the underground aqueducts"... umm... yes? What? x.X confuzzled more.

Cyrus
29th June 2003, 08:36 PM
manipulates water from the underground aqueducts

Would imply that there is a sewer system, an underground water way, that was used to provide the water for Surf.

Icy
29th June 2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Cyrus
Would imply that there is a sewer system, an underground water way, that was used to provide the water for Surf.

really? wow. now im scared. i hope the people who make MY sewer systems don't use material that porous. :o... and anyway. I didn't ask you, unless of course you are DRWS. :\, I have enough problems with you by yourself. So umm... good day.

Don't Run With Scizors
29th June 2003, 11:57 PM
Well, you should know that Surf involves telekinetically moving water around (kinda like Psychic, except only for liquids, and Psychic doesn't do liquids too well), especially since you've had me as a ref before.

Back in Prodigy vs. PMA, I reffed the Indigo arena as having an underground aqueduct with several pipes leading to the surface of the arena, so I reffed it the same way here for consistency. Yeah, I know there's never been any mention of such an aqueduct in the animé before, but I figured I'd add them in just so Water-types have some extra water to work with for Surf and such.

Icy
30th June 2003, 01:09 PM
I've had you as a ref before, yes. I haven't seen surf used by you, so that point you made about me having you as a ref was really weak.

Now, that's some crap luck, and if you expect me to look at every battle you've reffed before I make my attacks, you're looking at the wrong person. Telling us before hand that there was some source of water may have helped and may have altered my strategy greatly.

Swagger until it works, then pummel it mindlessly with Earthquakes. The first time it uses Ice Beam/Hydro Pump/Surf/Blizzard/any other super-effective strong attack, use a Protect. If you feel in great danger of fainting, and see an oncoming attack (attacking attack, mind you), use Endure.

Sooooo...

Swagger/Protect~Swagger/Earthquake/Protect/Endure~ Swagger/Earthquake/Protect/Endure

EDIT: I edited it so the page wouldn't side scroll. I really don't care if editing your attacks is against the rules, it was getting annoying, and there is no other way.

30th June 2003, 02:18 PM
Shade *sigh* Icy, that is one of the cheapest (and easily countered) subs I've ever seen. No offense. ;)

Cream, you know what to do. Keep Surfing (it worked before :D) the whole round. The Protect can and probably will fail, since it's being used consecutively.

Icy
30th June 2003, 03:40 PM
Shade *sigh* Icy, that is one of the cheapest (and easily countered) subs I've ever seen. No offense. ;)

Cream, you know what to do. Keep Surfing (it worked before :D) the whole round. The Protect can and probably will fail, since it's being used consecutively.

no offense shade, but I said the first time. Sorry to ruin your fun.

:o So I protect against the first surf, then proceed to piss you off *literally*

30th June 2003, 03:47 PM
Shade ...Well if I'm determined not to get pissed off, I won't, so :P

Don't Run With Scizors
30th June 2003, 07:58 PM
Icy: Don't you remember you vs. Discothéque at the Kodak Theater? Flamie vs. er... whatever you named your Kabuto? Where your Kabuto used Surf to wash Flamie down with a pool of soda?

Round Four:
Rocky the Geodude (37%, mildly heavily fatigued) vs. Cream the Vaporeon (33%, mildly fatigued, badly poisoned, liquid form)

Cream directs the water to advance in waves upon Rocky, who frantically tries to encase himself in a protective force field...

As the field fades, Rocky leaps forward, spewing scandalous comments (most of them get cut out by the censor)... Cream is steaming. Literally. She charges forward, smashing Rocky with her paws, but his armor holds.

She finally manages to maintain her anger long enough to send the water rushing back at Rocky again, but this time, Rocky does not make any move to shield himself. He sends geokinetic surges through the ground instead.

End of Round Four Status:
Rocky the Geodude: 13%, heavily fatigued
Cream the Vaporeon: 19%, mildly heavily fatigued, badly poisoned, liquid form, berserked

2nd July 2003, 12:45 PM
Shade Ok, Cream, nice work. We can definitely do this. I know that the Geodude's berseked you, but calm down. It'd do a lot of good for you to spend the first action venting out your anger, so do so with a nice Hydro Pump. Next, freeze it with a good Ice Beam, finishing the round up with another Surf.

Icy
2nd July 2003, 02:00 PM
I'm just hoping that hydro pump's accuracy + berserk status + clones is going to throw that attack of...

Double-Team! Next, hope that berserk + double team = dead ice beam. Give it a nice Fire Blast to hopefully melt the ice if it comes to you and not a clone, or else to give the stupid animal a burn. Finally, if it gets off Surf use Endure.

If at any time the thing decides to berserk on us, use a Dynamic Punch instead of the attack. However, if it berserks on the first action, use Dynamic Punch and then use Double Team the next round (assuming it doesn't berserk on the second action as well). If it berserks on the second action (and not the first) simply use Dynamic Punch, and then continue with the original strategy (so use Endure).

Double Team/Dynamic Punch~Double Team/Fire Blast/Dynamic Punch~Endure/Dynamic Punch

Don't Run With Scizors
9th July 2003, 01:37 AM
Round Five:
Rocky the Geodude (13%, heavily fatigued) vs. Cream the Vaporeon (19%, mildly heavily fatigued, badly poisoned, berserked)

Rocky frantically tries to take in his trainer's commands... What? What? What did he mean by that? Whatever he said, it's clearly not simple enough to be comprehended in a matter of moments. Cream, meanwhile, pounces on Rocky and smashes him with a furious onslaught of paws...

Cream seems to have relieved her anger, and Rocky might be in trouble... Rocky's orders mentioned something about illusory copies several times, so he makes a few. One gets immediately wiped out by a chilling stream of ice.

The four Geodudes advance on Cream with glowing fists, but a wave of water rushes up from behind Cream... the water, however cool and refreshing it is to cream, is utter pain for poor Rocky.

Rocky has fainted! Shade and Cream are victorious!

It was a close one there, I must say. Icy would've won if it hadn't been for his confusing substitutions. I had to reread them over and over before they made sense to me, and if I had to do that, then it isn't likely that Rocky would've been able to understand them completely enough. He performed the moves that showed up most often in the attack summary instead.

9th July 2003, 07:27 AM
Shade Holy crap. That was a helluva lot closer than I thought...

Congrats Icy, you're an awesome battler. Good game.

Thanks for all the reffings, DRWS.

Lessee here... my prize...

I think I'd like to evolve my Chikorita, into a Bayleef.

Icy
10th July 2003, 01:08 PM
;-;...

venting....

OMFG!! SO I DIDNT LOSE BECAUSE OF MY BATTLING SKILLS BUT THE REFS OWN INCOMPETENCE?!? WTF? AND AGAIN... THE FRIGGIN SEWER SYSTEM.... WTF?!??? YAH, REAL CONVENIENT! NO WARNING ON THAT EITHER.

:\

Shade, normally I'd say congratulations to you, but I don't believe you deserve it.

10th July 2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Icy
;-;...

venting....

OMFG!! SO I DIDNT LOSE BECAUSE OF MY BATTLING SKILLS BUT THE REFS OWN INCOMPETENCE?!? WTF? AND AGAIN... THE FRIGGIN SEWER SYSTEM.... WTF?!??? YAH, REAL CONVENIENT! NO WARNING ON THAT EITHER.

:\

Shade, normally I'd say congratulations to you, but I don't believe you deserve it.

Shade *coughpoorsportsmanshipcough* :)