PDA

View Full Version : [RBY] Rmt

MetalScyther
2nd June 2003, 09:34 AM
Omastar - Surf, Blizzard, Substitute, Bodyslam

I really love using omastar, such a cool pokemon, to bad it has a shoddy movepool(no rslide/quake?). So we make due with what we can. Basicly, my object is to switch this thing in against a fishlax. With its monster 348 defense, and resistances to all of fishlax's attack, it can succesfully set up a substitute. Next off I have the option of surfing or blizzarding for a freeze, and bodyslam is there for chanseys and the like.

Weezing - Explosion, Sludge, Fireblast, Thunderbolt

Actually has decent stats. Explosion is a must, because its fun to blow up on stuff(like alakazam?). Sludge gets STAB and runs off of some really good attack. Fireblast and thunderbolt are fillers mostly.

Mr.Mime - Barrier, Lightscreen, Rest, Psychic

Mimey never hit his high point till GSC(batonpass, encore, sub, the like). In this set I barrier/lscreen up depending on who I'm facing. After I have my defenses up I proceede to psychic away everything in my way. Finally I rest to recover damage. I'm well aware that a persian rapes this, but if I know they have one I'll switch out to omastar who totally rapes persian. I could also psychic persian on the switch in.

Magmar - Fireblast, Confuse ray, Psychic/Substitute, Bodyslam

Very hot. Fireblast has STAB and runs off of 268 special. Confuse ray can hopefully aid it in setting up a substitute successfully. Bodyslam to take advantge of its attack, and psychic is possible for the switch-ins.

Wigglytuff - Thunderwave, Counter, Seismictoss, Sing

Counter is an obvious choice, with that great HP. Thunderwave because my team needs more parylises, and sing is obvious too(I sing, and then when they switch I thunderwave). Seismictoss is steady damage.

Porygon - Recover, Sharpen, Double-Edge, Icebeam

[i]1337. Porygon is really cool in RBY. I sharpen up and destroy with double-edge, and icebeam the grounds. Straight forward.

Now rate please.

Myth
9th June 2003, 08:42 PM
Yay another Omastar liker! :D

Anyways, on Omastar, I like SeismicToss over BodySlam, but yea, its for the chanseys and switch-ins..fair enough. You could even try rest on this guy.

Weezing-Haze somewhere in there. Haze is relatively useful, and being so rare in r/b/y, I suggest you use it, it does get rid of status effects btw, unlike in g/s/c.

Mr.Mime-Daiz to any seismic tossing psychic type. So go Thunderbolt(coz he's the only usable psychic that can get it), ThunderWave, Psychic, Barrier/SeismicToss/LightScreen, personally, this guy doesn't last long.

Magmar-Use psychic for the grounds and the occasional nido.

Wigglytuff-Good set, but maybe bodyslam over sing? Sing is a lil weak.

Porygon-ThunderWave/Blizzard over IceBeam IMO.

Good uu team! ^_^