PDA

View Full Version : Open challenge(yet agan) need reff

Super pika
2nd June 2003, 10:20 AM
I'm ready for another battle.

1 on 1, Fighting pokemon only.

The field: The world martal arts tornament ring. (if you watch Dragonball or Dragonball Z you know what I'm talkin' bout)

Dq time: Standard.

Opponent requirements: Gotta have a fighting pokemon.

Reff requirements: Knows what the field loox like(same goes for the opponent).

The Muffin Man
2nd June 2003, 02:41 PM
I have a battle pending with Nala(probably not going to be completed..) so I'll accept this challenge and take to her later. Hmmm...I have two fighting pokemon. Who sends first and who attacks first? Decide this, then I'll send out.

Super pika
2nd June 2003, 03:42 PM
You chose first. I'll attack first. Even though I only have 1 fighting pkmn. I'd like to know what I'm up aganst.

Deck Knight
2nd June 2003, 03:44 PM
I will offer my reffing services, if none of you mind.

The Muffin Man
2nd June 2003, 04:35 PM
Alright then...I'll choose my Primeape, Gokou!

Primeape - *swings at the air and grunts*BWAH!! BWAH!!!

I'll get the sig move later.

Super pika
2nd June 2003, 06:50 PM
I see. GO CHOPS! (Male Machamp)

Chops, take a look around you. You're adoring fans in the adience are waching you. It's up to you to please them and defeat you're opponet.

First, attack the fuzz ball with Cross chop. Then, you know how unstdable a Primape's temper can be, use Swagger. Then, If it runs tword you to attack in anger. Use Counter. If not, use Thunder punch.

Cross chop~Swagger~Counter/Thunder punch

The Muffin Man
2nd June 2003, 07:34 PM
Alright Primeape. This shouldn't be a problem. You're AT LEAST 4x as agile as Machamp. Leap over it's head when it tries to chop, and when you land, Low Kick it. Quickly, before it can react, Mega Punch it in the back!! Finally, dash over to it, spin around and Mega Kick it in the gut!!

Leap over, Low Kick - Mega Punch to the spine - Dash in front of the flying Machamp, Mega Kick to the stomache.

Deck Knight
2nd June 2003, 08:18 PM
Pre-Battle

*Flies in on Tempest*

Tempest: *points to TMM* What is he doing here?

He's a battler, in this battle, his opponent is the other little dot on the field, and I am the ref.

Tempest: Don't YOU sound important *snickers*

Your wit is amazing --; Anyway, we're at the Worlds Martial Arts Tournament Ring.

After landing, I view the combatants, as they send out their pokemon, The Muffin Man, With a Primeape Goku.

TMM: That is Gokou, this is not DBZ, you strange little man.

Whatever. Super Pika's pokemon is Chops the Machamp.

Round 1 BEGINS!!!

The Muffin Man
Gokou the Primeape: 100%
Other Effects: None

VS

Super Pika
Chops the Machamp: 100%
Other Effects: None

The pokemon enter the arena from each side, the fighters seem to have different fighting abilities. Chops has insane strength compared to Gokou, but Gokou looks a great deal faster.

Chops charges its enemies its 4 arms crossed, it prepares to strike. Primeape tried to jump over and dodge but the arms cover too much area. Primeape is struck down, and itsa angry now, as it usually is anyway.

Chops then uses Swagger, Gloating, however, doing this in front of a pokemon who is already always in a furor, is NOT a healthy idea, especially since it raises Primeapes attack. Primeape then Trips Machamp with Low Kick and gives him a nasty Mega Punch to the back, with EXTREME force, not healthy. Machamp who is now in a foul mood is then almost kicked in the gut by the enraged Ape. Or so it would seem... but an aura surrounds Machanmp and the kick is deflected, Primeape kicks itself in the face, adding a headache to its rage... Primeape is NOT in a good mood.

End of Round Status

Gokou: 79%
Other Effects: EXTREMELY angry, Lump on Forehead, Attack Up.

Chops: 73%
Other Effects: On the ground currently, slightly winded.

The Muffin Man
2nd June 2003, 09:04 PM
Alright, let's make it even HARDER to hit me...Primeape! Leap to the top of the bleachers and use your Kaio-Ken x20!!!

*Primeapes eyes go wide, and he nods*

Kaio-ken x20(all 3 actions)

Primeape, m
Nickname: Gokou(hey, wasn't that the Monkey Kings name? XD)
Signature Move: Kaio-Ken
Description/background - Ki is inside ALL of us. It is simply a matter of manipulating it. Some can do it better than others(such as using Meditate to increase attack.) Primeape focues his ki into his body(mainly his muscles) and boosts the power to an incredible degree. A red aura surrounds Primeape throughout this attack, making Double-Team or anything else almost USELESS(unless the clones stand in front of Primeape, a la Substitute). Primeape takes a fighting stance as his ki is focused and increased, increasing his attack, speed, and reflexes. Although this boost comes in increments of 5(5x being a small boost, like using one curse minus the speed loss, and defense rise) and 20x being a massive boost of power, speed, and reaction time. Primeape becomes an incredible force to be reckoned with, and the aura and such can frighten smaller/weaker pokemon into not attacking. All levels of increase are at the trainers decision of increment.

Downsides: Primeape CAN increase his stats to an incredible level, but it takes away health. 5, 10, 15, and 20x all take 3%, 5%, 15%, and 50% health respectively, although the boost might be the difference between a win and a loss, that HP lost can mean the end of Primeape next round. Primeapes boosts are absolutely offensive, and in no way effect his mental fortitude(so psychic attacks STILL really hurt.) Also, since Ki is focused into an offensive energy, he gets no change in physical or elemental resistance. Furthermore, Primeape takes 3 rounds(one full turn) in order to complete a 20x Kaio-Ken, and 2 turns for a 15x. Obviously, the first two only take one turn. The boosts also ware off after 5 turns.

Etc.: Primeape cannot faint itself with this attack. If Primeape cannot pay for the health loss in full, it will stay at 1% (unless it was attacked during the increase) and it will NOT gain the FULL boost. Primeape has 4 points to spend(not literal points.) 5x costs 1 point, allowing for 4 uses, 10x costs 2 points, 15x costs 3, and 20x costs all 4. Primeape gains no fatigue, as Ki is the lifeforce and therefore it would be silly for Primeape to burn his life energy while focusing and increasing it. No Fatigue is lost, or gained.

Type: Fighting | Accuracy: N/A | Damage:N/A | Increases Speed, Attack power, and Reflexes(not dodging, but how fast the move is pulled off) but loses health. The increments(5x, 10x, 15x, 20x) are not literal multipliers, they just boost his stats(5x - one level, 10x one and a half, 15x - 2 levels, 20x Doubled) but the HP boost can be an incredible handicap.
4 "points" to spend among boosts.
5x - 1 point
10x - 2 points
15x - 3 points
20x - 4 points
Without the required number of points(which DON'T regenerate unless Primeape is somehow revived), Primeape cannot do the boost.
No fatigue is incurred or lost.

as you can probably guess, Primeape enters a state of uninteruptable concentration. So knocking it down will merely piss it off further.

Super pika
3rd June 2003, 08:59 AM
Ok, chops. When he uses that Kaioken. Use encore so that he wastes his next turn. Then, hit him with cross chop x 2.

Deck Knight
3rd June 2003, 11:02 AM
Pre-Battle

Tempest: Well, no complaints this round, thats good news.

Will you be quiet about that!!! -_-

Tempest: I'll cut you some slack when the battle is over.

Some loyal friend you are -_-;

TMM: Get on with the battle already, stop arguing with your overgrown metal chicken!!!

Tempest: *glares and eye twitches* What you say?

You can kill him later, for now...

Round 2 BEGINS!!!

The Muffin Man
Gokou: 79%
Other Effects: EXTREMELY angry, Lump on Forehead, Attack Up.

VS

Super Pika
Chops: 73%
Other Effects: On the ground currently, slightly winded.

The angry Primeape and the floored Machamp now go onto their next moves... Primeape jumps to the bleachers, and starts Charging up with Kaio-Ken(x20).. he has entered a deep trance. Machamp, who is now off the ground. For whatever reason is cheering Primeape on... Its Encore. This would have worked, if not for 2 reasons. It appears Primeape has no intention of stopping its trance, and it seems too deeply concentrated to care anyway.

Machamp, slightly angered his move didn't work, charges up to the bleachers abd uses a Cross Chop, followed by another Cross Chop... Primeape was too busy concentrating, bnut it lost a lot of energy and HP... however... its body now glows with a strange aura, and its power is EXPONENTIALLY increased, and to top it off its angry at Chops for hitting it while it was concentrating, this is NOT a healthy combination for Machamp, who now by comparison is slow as a snail and weak as a kitten.

End of Round 2 Status

Gokou the Primeape: 5%
Other Effects: EXPONENTIALLY more powerful, EXTREMELY angry.

Chops: 79%
Other Effects: Scared at the aura now surrounding Primeape, slightly angry its Encore failed.

Super pika
3rd June 2003, 12:07 PM
Chops. First, elimenate you're fear with focus energy. Then use flamethrower, it may have a stronger defense aganst phisical attacks. But not specals. After that, bring it up a knotch with Fissure.

The Muffin Man
3rd June 2003, 02:19 PM
I may be down, but guess what? I've got more evasion, speed, and offensive power than your Machamp can handle. Primeape!! When it uses Focus Energy to clear the fear from it's body, use LEER to make it even MORE terrified!! Next, avoid the fire by using Detect to simply will it away from you! Finally, since you should be close, grab Machamp by the throats and strangle it in the air with Submission!!

Leer to scare - Detect to deflect Flamethrower - Submission to strangle it in the air(preventing fissure)

Win or lose, Super pika, want a rematch? full 6v6, 1 out at a time, in the Indigo Grass arena?

Deck Knight
3rd June 2003, 03:48 PM
Pre-Battle

Tempest: So far so good, not a single foul-up or complant.

Some friend you are. -_-

Tempest: Its a gift.

I'm beginning to think you'd taste good with potatoes and gravy!

Tempest: point taken O_o

Round 3 BEGINS!!!

The Muffin Man

VS

Super Pika
Chops: 79%
Other Effects: Scared at the aura now surrounding Primeape, slightly angry its Encore failed.

Chops Starts Focusing his Energy, but this is extremely hard to do as Primeape is intimidating him with Leer, this serves to be quite effective with his powerful aura now surrounding him.

Slightly Daunted, Chops now tries a Flamethrower, but it has been detected by Primeape and was easily evaded. Now Machamp tries a Fissure, but so sooner does it foot touch the ground when the enraged Primeape has it by the neck beating the snot out of it with its IMMENSE attack power, its been suped up so Much, Machamp is in no position to compete, its been floored... Ouch.

End of Round 3 Status

Chops: 39(damage Caps)%
Other Effects: Scared.. Hurt... in a generally bad mood.

The Muffin Man
3rd June 2003, 04:57 PM
Haha. Go ahead, Kaio-Ken x20 if you want, when you're reduced to full power, I'll be waiting...You'll be using Kaio-Ken x20 for 3 turns...you have 2 turns after Mimicing...

Primeape, first use Karate Chop to knock off a huge chunk of Machamps health! Next, while he's using Kaio-Ken(you can't attack. You'll be stuck using Kaio-Ken), power up a Hyper Beam! Instead of using the recharge time in round 2, focus your power on the FIRST turn then release a Kamehameha-style Hyper Beam!

Karate Chop - Charge - Hyper Beam

That should KO Machamp as it slowly loses HP during the process.

The Muffin Man
3rd June 2003, 05:17 PM
It's too late. I'm letting you go first anyhow.

Cyrus
3rd June 2003, 05:21 PM
General rule is that his first set of attacks don't count, they were out of turn. Your not 'letting' him post first, your attempting to take advantage of it.

Deck Knight
3rd June 2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Cyrus
General rule is that his first set of attacks don't count, they were out of turn. Your not 'letting' him post first, your attempting to take advantage of it.

Speaking of taking advantage, TMM's attacks are now under the impression of a diffent listing of moves, so to be fair, TMM has to change his attacks, his strategy was based on move-turns that were mixed up. Therefore, TMM should be able to adjust his own moves(though not to counter SP's and such, really, this is quite a confusing situation). Anyway, as TMM's whole move strategy was based upon SP's moves, now SP's moves are based on TMM's strategy of SP's previous moves.(confused, I hope so). Therefore, seeing as TMM's strategy is now quite worthless, I suggest he edit his moves for a new strategy(bearing in mind he isn't supposed to know SP's moves.

Or, as ref, I can just make the posts void and ask they delete both of them, so TMM can do his moves first, then SP can do his, and all will be fixed, and I can do my job.

Cyrus
3rd June 2003, 06:07 PM
The latter sounds much more effective than the convoluted former. I was aware that SP took advantage of TMM's attacks, but that is to be expected when he posts second.

The Muffin Man
3rd June 2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Cyrus
General rule is...
Since when are you a mod? And since when do you get the final say in ANYTHING outside of your own battles? Eh? eh? Go away.

Super pika
3rd June 2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by The Muffin Man
Since when are you a mod? And since when do you get the final say in ANYTHING outside of your own battles? Eh? eh? Go away. He doesn't have to be a mod, he's just making a point. I've seen other people do cut in the middle of battles. So, I guess it's not aganst the rules. You just want to change you're attacks so you can prevent me from turning the tide a little. SO WHAT? You already have a good advatige already. Geez.

The Muffin Man
3rd June 2003, 08:59 PM
Do you WANT a chance in hell? Or do you want to be completely obliterated? Do what you want. I get to change my attacks then.

Deck Knight
5th June 2003, 08:05 PM
Alright, this is getting pointless.

I Deck Knight, as ref, decree both combatants delete their most recent attacks, and then TMM will post his attacks, and Super Pika will post his. This is how it will go. BECAUSE I SAID SO!!!

Don't Run With Scizors
7th June 2003, 10:14 AM
Speaking of taking advantage, TMM's attacks are now under the impression of a diffent listing of moves, so to be fair, TMM has to change his attacks, his strategy was based on move-turns that were mixed up. Therefore, TMM should be able to adjust his own moves(though not to counter SP's and such, really, this is quite a confusing situation). Anyway, as TMM's whole move strategy was based upon SP's moves, now SP's moves are based on TMM's strategy of SP's previous moves.(confused, I hope so). Therefore, seeing as TMM's strategy is now quite worthless, I suggest he edit his moves for a new strategy(bearing in mind he isn't supposed to know SP's moves.

It's not a written rule, but you CAN post attacks first when it's your turn to post second, forcing your opponent to post first the following round. By willing to sacrifice the post-second advantage on a round where it might not be important, you can earn it the following round where the bonus will be greatly to your advantage.

(However, unfortunately, I don't think that's what Super Pika was going for here, since he really had nothing to gain from doing so. Guess we can't fix that now.)

Your not 'letting' him post first, your attempting to take advantage of it.

Whether or not this statement is true, I have to agree that something smells rotten here, and it's not Gokou's armpits. Deck Knight and TMM seem to be the absolute epitome of crookery here in ASB, so I become extra alert when I see the two of them in a battle with one as the referee.

What I've noticed is something that I cannot name on this board because the name I've given it refers to mangled male genitalia: One day, TMM goes and gets a sig move for his Pokémon. The sig move is full of seemingly minor and ambiguous bonuses that get past the approval tower (like the "intimidating weaker Pokémon" and "improved reflexes" parts in Kaio-ken) that get kicked up to über-legendary heights by Deck Knight and\or associated friends. And nobody can claim that this is a result of referee bias becase apparently this is all "referee interpretation".

Get that sig move back to the approval tower, now. And don't try to fool the approvers again - I'll make sure they'll be extra careful. A confession out of you, TMM, wouldn't hurt either - something like "I screw people like Super pika over with my crazy sig moves that my friend Deck Knight buffs up because I am a loser with no real skills whatsoever."

Good day.

Don't Run With Scizors
7th June 2003, 10:27 AM
Hey, it looks like some other important people agree with me. Until further notice, this battle is closed.