PDA

View Full Version : [RBY] Help improve my team

Wild Female Machoke
17th December 2002, 02:59 PM
Here is my team in Yellow (nicknames are in brackets)

Charizard (Kyo)
Attacks:
Slash
Flamethrower
Ember
Leer

Articuno (Squall)
Attacks:
Peck
Ice Beam
Blizzard
Fly

Dugtrio (Remy)
Attacks:
Slash
Earthquake
Dig
Sand Attack

Blastoise (Guile)
Attacks:
Bite
Surf
Withdraw
Hydro Pump

Jolteon (Hsien-Ko)
Attacks:
Thunder
Pin Missile
Agility
Thunderbolt

Alakazam (Zidane)
Attacks:
Recover
Psybeam
Psychic
Reflect

Anyone please help improve my team. Any advice?

Tamazaratsu
18th December 2002, 04:50 PM
well, you don't neccessarily need 2 of the same type attacks on one pokemon, eg Charizard, it doesn't need flamethrower AND ember, flamethrower is sufficent enough. Try replacing it was a move that will counter more types. Just a suggestion.

Myth
18th December 2002, 08:23 PM
Charizard
Flamethrower/FireBlast
Slash/WingAttack
SwordsDance
Earthquake

U are not going to be using 2 fire moves in link battles. I'll take Fireblast but, flamethrower is more stable...up to u. SwordsDance raises your attack pretty high. Earthquake/Slash/WingAttack which run off attack willl then do more damage.

Articuno
Substitute
DoubleEdge
Blizzard
Rest/BubbleBeam

This poke has great def and special, and not too bad speed. Blizzard for STAB. Substitute for scouting. DoubleEdge for a good strong attack, Rest for recovery or bubblebeam for fire types.

Dugtrio
Slash
SandAttack/Substitute
Earthquake
RockSlide

Earthquake>Dig. So RockSlide over dig. Earthquake and RockSlide are a good combo. SLash for neat CH. Sandattack or Substitute for annoyance. Maybe make him yer starter.

Blastoise
Surf
Earthquake
IceBeam/Blizzard
SeismicToss

LOL. 3 pokes have earthquake... Surf>HydroPump cos more pp and doesn't miss so often. Blizzard for grasstypes/dragons. SeismicToss is good for solid damage(100 each time). Earthquake for Electrics.

Jolteon
ThunderWave!!!
Thunderbolt
SandAttack/FocusEnergy/
PinMissile/Reflect

ThunderWave for Paralysing. A PARed poke is slower and therefore your other pokes will go first in attacking which is good. Thunderbolt is more stable than thunder. Sandattack is annoying...or FocusEnergy which increases the chance for a CH(Critical Hit). PinMissile is ok....Reflect will help its defense. If you chose SandAttack then go with reflect, if you want pinmissile then have FocusEnergy.

Alakazam
Psychic
Recover
ThunderWave/SeismicToss
Reflect

This is the best set for alakazam. Again, PSychic> Psybeam so psybeam is a waste of move space. Reflect for its terrible defense. ThunderWave is Useful, or SeismicToss, which is good for pokes which psychic can't take down.

I suggest you get a normal type like snorlax or tauros. You only have one strong ATTACKer --Charizard. The rest of your team is SPECIAL based.

Moves which run off attack=Ground/Rock/Normal/Flying/Ghost/Poison/Bug/Fighting

Moves which run off special=Psychic/Fire/Water/Grass/Ice/Dragon/

Rolken
18th December 2002, 09:59 PM
Charizard (Kyo)
Slash
Flamethrower
Ember
Leer

Leer won't work with Slash in RBY; since it almost always crithits, it ignores stat mods. Replace Ember and Leer with Body Slam and Swords Dance; Earthquake'll get rid of pesky electrics if they switch in.

Articuno (Squall)
Peck
Ice Beam
Blizzard
Fly

You don't need two of each; you can't get rid of Fly, though, so ditch Peck and one of the Ice moves, probably for Sub (scouting, as Myth said, ie you don't get knocked down by electric zaps) and Double-Edge.

Dugtrio (Remy)
Slash
Earthquake
Dig
Sand Attack

Don't bother with Sand Attack; with his Defense, he won't be around long enough for it to matter. Replace Dig and it with Rock Slide and Sub so he doesn't go down too fast.

Blastoise (Guile)
Bite
Surf
Withdraw
Hydro Pump

Upgrade Bite to Body Slam; you don't need Withdraw or Pump, so two more attacks in their place.

Jolteon (Hsien-Ko)
Thunder
Pin Missile
Agility
Thunderbolt

Ditch the first three for Wave, Reflect, DoubleTeam (so they can't be pesky and switch out on you). He's one of the speediest already, so Agility isn't necessary.

Alakazam (Zidane)
Recover
Psybeam
Psychic
Reflect

Don't need Psybeam; Kinesis might be nice, or Double Team again if you like to be annoying.

:yes:

Adam Howard
19th December 2002, 03:22 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wild Female Machoke
Here is my team in Yellow (nicknames are in brackets)

[B]Charizard (Kyo)
Attacks:
Slash
Flamethrower
Ember
Leer

(Adam: remove Ember and Leer.
Add Earthquake to counter electric Pok'e mon,
and Swords dance. (Note: you can replace Slash for Hyper Beam and do Swords Dance and Hyper Beam for a deadly combo)

Articuno (Squall)
Attacks:
Peck
Ice Beam
Blizzard
Fly

(Adam: I usely let Articuno have the two ice attacks
but get rid of one of them.
and replace Peck and Blizzard with Dubble Team and Substitute

Dugtrio (Remy)
Attacks:
Slash
Earthquake
Dig
Sand Attack

(Adam: I would keep Earthquake and Slash. (and Dig is also nice to have)
put in Rock slide to counter Flying pokemon

Blastoise (Guile)
Attacks:
Bite
Surf
Withdraw
Hydro Pump

(Adam: Remove Hydro pump.
is isn't worth counting on.
and bite.
add Earthquake and Ice Beam

Jolteon (Hsien-Ko)
Attacks:
Thunder
Pin Missile
Agility
Thunderbolt

(Adam: Thunderbolt is okay to keep.
replace the others with Flash, Body Slam, and thunder wave

Alakazam (Zidane)
Attacks:
Recover
Psybeam
Psychic
Reflect

(pick any other psychic attacks to keep.
add some of the following chooses.
TM: Body Slam, Mega Punch, and Toxic
Trade Backs from G/S/C:
Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, or HeadButt

Charizard04621
19th December 2002, 03:33 PM
@ Myth: Wing Attack's power is 35 base in RBY. Adding STAB only brings it up to 52.5.

@Rolken: Charizard's base speed is fast enough that Slash always Critical Hits for it. Base Critical Hit percentages in RBY are based upon base Speeds (Paralysis, Agility and such do not factor in). I think that if something has a sufficiently low base Speed and uses Slash, it won't cause Critical Hits all the time. I'm pretty certain that I've done this before on someone, but perhaps not. I'll have to get back to you on that.

Charizard: Swords Dance, Earthquake, Flamethrower, Body Slam is the set I use. Slash over Body Slam if you like its Critical Hit power; I just prefer Body Slam because it has a chance of paralyzing annoying Starmies when they come in on a switch.

Articuno: Blizzard, Substitute, Double-Edge, Rest; something like that, anyway. So far you've had two 4x Rock weaknesses... Not a good thing.

Dugtrio: Substitute, Sand Attack, Earthquake, Slash. Dig takes two turns. Earthquake is far more useful.

Blastoise: Surf, Blizzard, Earthquake, Seismic Toss is the standard. Blastoise's Special isn't high enough to produce satisfactory results with Ice Beam. Blastoise's high Defense does not require Withdraw.

Jolteon: Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt, Sand Attack, Substitute(Focus Energy if you decide to try the PBS). Paralysis is a very important thing in RBY.

Alakazam: Psychic, Recover, Thunder Wave, Seismic Toss/Reflect. I personally prefer Seismic Toss so I don't run out of pp as quickly, but it's up to you.

Overall, this team lacks vital Paralyzers, and at least three of its members are directly threatened by Rhydon and Golem. Good luck, though.

pikachu master
27th December 2002, 01:28 PM
Yes, What They Said!:wave: :wave: :wave:

RaZoR LeAf
27th December 2002, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by pikachu master
Yes, What They Said!:wave: :wave: :wave:

Don't do that again. Ever.