PDA

View Full Version : <Poll> Let's be unoriginal

Jay
3rd June 2003, 12:11 AM
1/. Which is your favourite colour? Do you like the different shades of that colour? Which colour do you hate? Why?

2/. How old are you? How old would you like to be? Do you want to be young again and relive your childhood?

3/. If you could reply to topics for a year in bold, italics or underlined, which would you choose and why.

4/. Which smilie is your favourite at TPM? Do you prefer the still or the moving ones? Why?

---

1/. I like any shade of blue (except really light blue like aqua), very light purple (not dark/normal) and gold. I've never wrote a full reply in blue before, but I usually always reply to a few topics in the CCCC in a colour half way between blue and light purple. Sometimes I reply in gold too - Basically every colour I hate, especially green. I don't mind crimson either

2/. I'm 15. I wouldn't mind being around 22 so I can finally get done with school and start my job ;o I would like to be a lot younger again because my childhood was fun while it lasted :)

3/. Well, if it isn't obvious, i'm typing this reply in italics. I used to reply to all my messages in italics way way back but now I just type mainly normal. I couldn't bare to see a whole post which is underlined, because that would just look horrible, and bold makes the message too clogged up. However, Italics is fine and it looks good to me

4/. :yes: :wave: and ;o They look pretty neat. Of course I like the moving ones best since I like two of them, the other I absolutely puke over. The still ones are fine too, but the embarrassment smilie is the best - I don't always use it when i'm embarrassed - In fact, i've only used that smilie once for its purpose lol

Interpol HQ
3rd June 2003, 12:59 AM
1. I would say orange is my favorite color. I dont like the orange font color. I tried out orange and orange-red out in the forums and didnt really like them much. Yellow, dont know why I just dont like yellow.

2. I'm 17, but i would rather be 14 again because im getting close to graduating and i dont want to go into the "real" world yet.

3. I would use bold, I wouldnt see much difrence other than there being more color. I use italics for being sarcastic, and i use underlines to put emphasis on words.

4. I havent used any of the smilies yet so i cant say which one is my favorite, but i think the 8) smily is pretty cool.

Pichu
3rd June 2003, 01:36 AM
~1/. Which is your favourite colour? Do you like the different shades of that colour? Which colour do you hate? Why?
Red is my favorite color... yes, that includes shades of it such as pink,crimson, etc...
Hate? erm... light colors that are unreadable... (example: see ILP)

~2/. How old are you? How old would you like to be? Do you want to be young again and relive your childhood?
I'm currently 19... I may want to be around 25 so that I can get business going and live independently. ;)
Well... yes, I like to be young again...why? Many reasons such as: "I shouldn't have failed that subject" or "I should've done this or shouldn't have done that..."... etc.

~3/. If you could reply to topics for a year in bold, italics or underlined, which would you choose and why.
italics looks good
bold, like you said, too fat.
underline, simply ugly.

~4/. Which smilie is your favourite at TPM? Do you prefer the still or the moving ones? Why?
LOL, what did they look like? I totally forgotten how'd they look like.. all I remember was the birthday smilie... that one looked unique.
Moving. why? I love the action. ^-^

conspiracy
3rd June 2003, 03:28 AM
1/. Which is your favourite colour? Do you like the different shades of that colour? Which colour do you hate? Why?

My favorite color is red... I like the darker shades of red, but if becomes too darkish, me hates... I HATE purple ;o because I just do... Like Apple Jacks :D

2/. How old are you? How old would you like to be? Do you want to be young again and relive your childhood?

I am 14 years old, but i would like to be 21 so I can drink............. legally that is :rolleyes: I would like to relive my childhood because there are many things that I would want to do over... like many other people... I think

3/. If you could reply to topics for a year in bold, italics or underlined, which would you choose and why.

I would reply in italics because bold and underline kinda makes it like your shouting... or pointing something REALLY important out.

4/. Which smilie is your favourite at TPM? Do you prefer the still or the moving ones? Why?[/color]

Me likes the :D and the :yes: BUT.... I prefer the moving ones because there not YELLOW ;o like all of the still smilies

shazza
3rd June 2003, 05:29 AM

Green, because it looks the best.

I am 14, I would like to be 14 because I don't want to skip any years..

Italics, because it looks the best..

4/. Which smilie is your favourite at TPM? Do you prefer the still or the moving ones? Why?[/color]

None, I miss all the old ones. :o

ILikePokemonP
3rd June 2003, 05:33 AM

4/. Which smilie is your favourite at TPM? Do you prefer the still or the moving ones? Why?
1. Green, green, I love green :yes: Pretty obvious when I use it for every post huh. Really dark green doesn't look good though.

2. Currently 15 and I wouldn't mind being a bit younger so I wouldn't have to think and do as much.

3. Neither, though if I had to choose it would be italics becuase bold and underline would look too weird.

4. They're all fine but I like the :yes: smilie best because it's green :D

Little_Pikachu
3rd June 2003, 07:33 AM
1. I like black, but if we're not counting that as a color then purple. I like most shades of it right through from liliac to deep purple, my room is purple and silver :) I don't like brown, I just don't really see any attraction to that color at all. It looks good on hair, but not much else :\

2. I'm 21! I don't really want to be any other age, I think this is pretty much as good as it gets, there aren't many more amazing things if I get any older and I wouldn't want to have to do school again if I got any younger. I would love to relive my childhood! When you didn't have to worry about jobs and university, the most complex thing on your mind was how the Thundercats would overcome the evil mutant guys this week *Sigh* :)

3. Probably italics, it just looks better than the others.

4. I used to like the old blue :o one we had, that was cool. I kinda like :yes: from this current lot. I like still ones better, somehow they just seem more expressive.

Rambunctious Jamirus
3rd June 2003, 10:22 AM
1. My favorite colour is blue and I like the different shades of it. I really don't hate any colours since I like about all of them.

2. 13. I'm unlucky... I would like to be 5 again since we didn't have lots of homework back then. I would like to relive my childhood so I could actually know what I did when I was four.

3. Um, I'd say italics because it's all squiggly-like and seems cool to type like this

4. My favourite is :o because it looks wierd and like my brother... I prefer the still ones since those are the only ones I use.

Lady Vulpix
3rd June 2003, 10:42 AM
1. My favorite color is silver, and it doesn't come in many shades. I don't hate any colors. I think they can all look nice depending on where they are and how you combine them.

2. I'm 24 right now. I don't care about age, so any is fine as long as I'm still myself. :) I wouldn't exactly want to relive my childhood, but sometimes I wish I could do things I did when I was a child, like sing on the bus, play with my brother, have 6 free hours a day, read and write at any time, have my friends play the games I created, making friends just by asking a few standard questions, have good grades without studying, have an unbreakable concentration...

3. Technically, I could do that if I wanted. There are no rules against it. But if I had to choose one, I'd choose italics, because the others make posts annoying when they're overused.

4. I like :D best. I think it's the most expressive. I have the green version too, to go against this poll and be original. http://www.boomspeed.com/ladyvulpix/biggrin.gif I don't have a preference between static and animated icons. I just use the icons that I find more suitable for each situation.

AntiAsh Superstar
3rd June 2003, 04:21 PM
1. My favourite colour would be black, followed by purple and blue, and all shades are pretty good, tho I prefer darker blues. I don't really hate any colours, what's the point?

2. I'm 20, and I'm really quite happy to stay this ages seeing as I've no plans to move to anywhere with a higher drinking age limit. It's a good age. Old enough to know better and young enough not to care. :D I don't really care for reliving my childhood, that'd mean I have to 'grow up' (and I use that term loosely) twice, where's the fun in that? I'll just stay as I am and act like a kid. Best compromise.

3. Italics look the nicest, the other two formatting options would be just plain weird to add to an entire post.

4. I use :o a lot so I guess it's that, tho :wave: is cool too. I used to like all the really diverse smilies we had ages ago on the UBB, can't we at least get the sweatdrop ones back? *puppy dog eyes* I don't really care between animated and static, I tend to use the static ones more, but that's only really coz they slip in to replace regular smilies.

homeofmew
3rd June 2003, 09:24 PM
Red And Black, Mostly Black. It is a nice colour~ I can't see why it has to be an "evil" colour. White is evil.
I am 17, 18 in August, My past is stupid and depressing.
Reliving my childhood would be hell.
Italics, they look pretty, Bold and Underline make it too eye hurting, italics look nice :)
:o is definitly the best. the Moving ones are ok, I still miss the blue :o smile that Wyane The Man used.

woz
4th June 2003, 09:09 AM
1. black/white/blue; yes; none; n/a.
2. 17; 17; yes.
3. italics; looks the best.
4. if forced to choose it would be...:rolleyes:; either; a smilie is just a smilie.

UmbreonCurse
4th June 2003, 12:38 PM
1) I have three favorite colors: black, blue and purple. I like pretty much all shades of blue, but i really like midnight blue. Same with purple (but I can't stand bright neon purple >_<)
I absolutely HATE the color pink >_< ARRRGHHHH!! I hate it, hate it, HATE IT! And I'm no fan of yellow either. Its soo...happy..and bright.... But if it's with black however, then it's tolorable.

2) I turned 16 last month. I'm cool with my age..although I wush I had my driver's licence...:( And yeah, I'd like to re-live my childhood. It seems like crap when you live it, but when compared to the present, I'd give anything to have it back. School was easier, recess was funner, TV was better.....but I'm happy with today too. I like my deep-thinking ways..yep

3) italics. Like someone said earlier bold seems like you're shouting or pointing out something really important. Underlined seems more for titles of stuff. Same goes for italics too, really.

4) Hmmm...I'd say, this one: :no: It's pretty. And I like the movin' ones.

Cheesey
4th June 2003, 02:21 PM
I've never ever posted on this forum before XD its usually been the RS or GD ones, but anyway...

1. Fave Colour - Purple, Blue, yeah those sorts of colours ^_^

2. I'm 13. But I'm going to be 14 this October. Umm... I'd like to be 11 again. It was the time when I got recognised as not a sarcastic, non-sociable person (although I am, but I have other qualities too ^_^)

3. Bold. Fat, fat, FAT! I don't like all those people at my school who don't like fatness.

4. This one :D Because it's funny.

Kirei
4th June 2003, 02:32 PM

1. I love orange, I think it's a lovely cheerful, warm colour, and my room at home is painted orange, red and yellow. I don't like the sun or anything and I often wear dark colours, so it's weird that I like orange so much, but there you go, I am weird. I like it because many things I like are orange: my goldfish, oranges (my favourite!), cinnamon, my boyfriend's hair, hehe! Yeah, I just really like the colour, and sometimes I wear bright colours, it depends on my mood really. I change my mind about colours like my hair and my clothes a LOT but orange is my favourite colour. I also like the blue of the sky, just as it's turning late evening, the rich, deep, almost purple colour that only stays for a little while and then turns dark. I love that colour. There aren't any colours that I don't like, they're all beautiful and the world would be boring without them all.

2. I'm 24 and I turn 25 in September. I'd really like to be 19 again and stay that age. I think I looked pretty at 19, and I could eat more chocolate without worrying about putting on weight, and I felt like I had more energy. I was happy when I was 19, and carefree, and I never got back or neck ache like I do now, although I think that's the car accident I had two years ago rather than age, but still, 19 is the age I'd pick, and it would also be cool, because then I'd be younger than Ade for a change!

3. I definitely wouldn't use underlined. I think I'd use bold actually, and maybe choose a smaller font so it wouldn't look too fat. I don't like reading lengthly text in italics, unless it's someone's thoughts in a book narative or something, because that's how I read italics, I expect them to be thoughts normally or stress on the words. It would mess with my head to see a lot of writing all in italics and I wouldn't want to be the one writing it. So yeah, I'd choose bold and choose a font that it didn't look too fat and blocky in.

4. I like :o the best, because I think I use it the most. I thought it was cuter when it was blue though. And :( is cute, but I hope I don't have to use it too much. I prefer the still ones, because the moving ones are quite scary sometimes. I'm easily scared!

Crystal Mew
4th June 2003, 04:51 PM
1. I like blue..and purple...but blue is def my fav => I like most all shades of blue...I like cerulean blue the best though ^_^

2. I'm 17...I want to be 15 again :( I dont want to get older >_>;

3. I would choose italics...I think it looks better than bold.. o_0; and definately better than underlined...I think it's a pain to use it...I would only use it to point out something :P

4. I like :D :wave: :yes: :no: lol I prefer..the moving ones I guess

Kireihana52
5th June 2003, 10:45 PM
1) My favorite color is black. I also like crayon green and light pink. Don't really like any other shades of those, though.

2) I'm 14. I'd either want to be 7 or 27, they both have good points. I hate being 14 though, everyone I know acts incredibly immature, and fad-obsessed. I also hate that adults don't take you seriously. My dad automatically assumes that because he's older than I am, he's right and I'm wrong. It's annoying as...cheesecake. 0_0 I loved being a kid, no excessive homework, no hormones, and no worries about anything because you can't understand how bad anything in the world is. You can just sit at home in your own little world, drinking chocolate milk, watching Lion King and the Ninja Turtles. Those were the days. :) If I were an adult, I could have my own house or apartment and live alone doing what I want to do, and that would be great. Bad point: job.

3) Definately italics, I probably HAVE been using it for a year.

4) I always liked the grinning smiley. (:D) The :yes: smiling is good too though.

~Bethany

Silver_Umbreon
6th June 2003, 10:41 PM

My favorite color is blue, and I love all shades of blue. My other favorite color is green, and I like all shades of green, except the really really bright shades. I also like the color silver.

I am currently 14. I would like to be older so I could be on my own, and have a stable job.

I would choose Italics because I think a whole post in underlined or bold text would be annoying.

My favorite smiley at TPM is just the simple smile. I smile can express a lot from a person. I prefer the still smilies, but I don't mind the moving ones.

DarkTemplarZ
7th June 2003, 06:41 AM
1) I like silver/shiny grey colors, gold, and blue. Different shades of grey other than silver=bleh. There's only 2 gold colors that I know of, Gold and Goldenrod, both are cool. Most of blue shades are cool, but for me I'd say blue-green stuff like teal is the best.

2) I'm 14, and I'd like to be younger, maybe about 10, cuz I'm a lazy bum and don't want to do anything.

3) Italics probably, a whole post in underline or bold would just be annoying

4) :wave: I dunno why, but it just makes me laugh for some reason

Matt
8th June 2003, 08:57 AM

My favourite colour is black and red >D. Well there is like only one shade of black I like and thats dark black. And in red I like red as the colour of blood or something of that nature. I hate pink! Because it's for girls and such and I'm not a girl...

I'm 14 :<. I want to be 16 so I can drive :DDD~~. I don't want to be young and relive my childhood. A lot of things happened back then that I don't wish to see again.

I would type in Italics. I think that one is the best looking since bold and underlined would be all fecked up and stuff.

:wave: :yes: :no: <- those are the best ones :D. I like the moving ones better than the still ones. Yet, I still love the UBB smilies.

Silver Ledian
8th June 2003, 09:43 AM

I've always used crimson online so I'd say that is my favourite colour. I like most shades of red apart from light pinks and dark reds...none of the extremes. I also like silver as it's a nice metallicy colour. Offline, I guess I prefer dark blues because all my jeans are navy and I just think I suit it ^_^

I'm 16, 17 in October. I wouldn't want to be older because that's wishing your life away and I wouldn't want to be younger because the thought of doing school all over again is frightening. If I could be younger for a day I'd change things I now realise were a bit sad of me to do but atm I'm happy being nearly 17 ^_^

I'm quite happy with normal text but if you mean having to pick then I'd probably pick bold because bold crimson text looks fine compared to italic crimson text...bleh! hehe.

I don't mind whether they're moving or still providing the moving ones aren't doing backflips or anything. I personally loved the old :sweatdrop:, it was my favourite and the green version of :D too. I don't like yellow smilies and ones such as ;o and :mad: annoy me, they look to cr@p IMO

Katie
8th June 2003, 03:20 PM
1. Which is your favourite colour? Do you like the different shades of that colour? Which colour do you hate? Why?

I like all shades of blue, but other than that I like red/black/white together :) I don't like brown... poopy ugly color... and pink, too girly XP and orange... just too damn bright.

2. How old are you? How old would you like to be? Do you want to be young again and relive your childhood?

15. 10, yes. I miss having only 10 mins of hw a night, and nickelodian didn't suck. angry beavers rocked!!!

3. If you could reply to topics for a year in bold, italics or underlined, which would you choose and why.

ummm... italics, I guess. someone once said that it makes you look like you know what you're talking about, and makes you look like a vet :P it's kinda true, lol....

4. Which smilie is your favourite at TPM? Do you prefer the still or the moving ones? Why?

uh... the current ones suck, I like :D :) ;) and :(, because they're a lot like the old ones. :yes: is cool, but it'll never replace (y) I don't care if they move or not, as long as they get the point across. I miss the old =o one the most though!!! ;-;

~Katie