PDA

View Full Version : <Poll> Decorating your room?

Jay
3rd June 2003, 08:44 AM
Since Cynda yelled at me for using 'his' colour (http://www.boomspeed.com/faithlessjay/laugh.gif) i'm going to use a different colour

1/. Would you improve on the current colour of your room? What about the carpet? Why?

2/. Name three items that you would add to your room.

3/. Name three items that you would make an improvement on to your room.

4/. Would you want to make your room bigger to fit this stuff in?

---

1/. The carpet is white, which is currently in a very bad state since my niece's dropped coke on the floor a few times :no: I'd want a darker colour, like dark blue. That'd look cool. The wall is half white and half yellow. I may want to change it to a different colour, but I've never really thought about it before

2/. I would want:
+ An XBox / I dunno why, just something I can entertain myself with
+ Curtains! / I haven't had curtains in my room since we've moved twice, and with my awesome new coloured blue room, i'd pick a type of curtain that would meld in well (:<
+ Posters / My room could need them, but not too many

3/. I would want to improve on:
+ My television / A plasma flat screen television would suit me better than the one I currently have
+ Computer / People who know me would definitely agree that I need a new one ;o
+ Printer / A toss between a printer and a scanner, but the printer can do more imo, and I need a new one for when I get my new computer anyway (:<

4/. Of course lots of space is nice, but I wouldn't want it to be so big where it would come to the point it just becomes more and more empty - I like my big sized room as it is ;)

The_Missing_Link
3rd June 2003, 09:09 AM
God, you've been making polls like there's no tomorrow lately

1) Actually, my room was painted a nice, light blue not too long ago. And I got a dark blue carpet. It's a lot better since the carpet's really soft and my room looks a lot better now

2) I wouldn't add much, probably a nice sized TV with cable and probably a GC with a couple of games ^^ My parents wouldn't want me to stay in my room all day watching TV though

3) I'm quite content with my room so I don't want to change anything

4) Yeah. My current bedroom was smaller than the one in my previous house so it's kinda bad but I can deal with it well enough

CodeR3D
3rd June 2003, 09:31 AM
1.O I dont know.....My walls are also light blue/sky blue so i dont really care about changing that....but I do need some new carpet in here,actually my whole house needs new carpet.:yes:

2.Maybe a.....couch??

3.Couch,New desk, and hmmmm.............. souround sound.....ya!

4.yea! I would love to have a bigger room!!! So I could get my couch in......

Rambunctious Jamirus
3rd June 2003, 09:47 AM
For all who wonder what my room is like, it's a tiger room or rainforest.

1. Actaully I like the colour. I picked it out myself since I'm the colour expert. It's a nice orangy bronze colour. But I would like better carpet since the builders put in the cheap kind. Maybe a dark green to match the decor?

2. A computer, printer/scanner, and my own GameCube. My brother is always using the one I bought (he bought one game) and he complains when I'm on the computer longer than he's on.

3. A bookcase! All my books are on the top of my bed since I got in new furniture and we sold my dresser/bookcase. Next would be a few more bins for my junk. Last would be for us to get the paint so I can paint on one of my walls.

4. Yes! I have too much junk that is piling up in my closet (you can't even walk into it). And with school out, it is worse. Much worse.

Darkmaster Kagemusha
3rd June 2003, 07:11 PM
1. I want black carpet, nice black shaggy carpet. Currently it's an off-white color and not shaggy, it's like a mat carpet thing. Then, my walls and ceiling need to be changed. I've got a picture that I made for art class and I was thinking of painting that onto my walls.

2. Hmmm, one of those plasma ball things (Those little tiny tesla coils in a class orb), blacklights, and posters--many dragon posters.

3. Surround sound (Booya), scanner, and a DVD burner (I've already got a CD burner)

4. Definitely, my room is like--18 feet by 10, my bed takes up a third of that, my desk takes up another fourth, then my dresser--another fourth with the footstool that's next to it., my closet takes out another one-eighth of my room, then of course there's the giant mess my room has in between those things

Angel Blossom
3rd June 2003, 07:51 PM
1) The walls of my room are white. They're okay, but I guess I'd rather have more color in my room, lol. I'd like light blue, because it's one of my favorite colors. BTW, the carpet is fine in my opinion. Light blue and white look good together, don't you think? .. atleast I think so, lol. ^.^

2) I'd love to have my own computer in my room. Yeah, I know.. everyone has their computer in their room except me. o.o My parents don't want me in there for too long. Instead, we keep our computer in the living room. It's sort of annoying after a while, since my parents are always asking me who I'm talking to, what I'm doing, etc. So having my own computer would be awesome. ^_^ My dad's getting me a DVD system for my room this summer, so I don't have to worry about that. I can't think of anything else I want for my room.. I guess a PS2 would be cool.

3) New furniture! Mine is ugly and too old.. besides, I don't have enough room for all of my clothes. ^^" A new TV would be cool too.. mine is also old, and waay too small for me. I need something bigger and cooler- you know what's cool? HEARING AIDS!.. crap, the ADD is kicking in. I have got to concentrate now.. o.O

4) More space would be really nice. My room is not too large, so I doubt all of those things I want would fit. Then again, we're moving into a larger house next year, so I don't need to worry about it. Then again.. my parents will never get me any of this.. sad, I know. *kicks the wall* I hate you, you stupid wall. ;-;

Interpol HQ
3rd June 2003, 08:41 PM
1) Right now the walls in my room are white. I dont mind the white, mainly because they are covered in posters. But i would rather have them be huge tv's constantly showing a tropical theme. I dont like my carpet its an ugly off white, i would replace it with sand, because i like the feel of sand on my feet.

2)Palm trees because they are cool. An indoor pool so i could have that beach thing going on and a hammok hammok, Because i love sleeping in hammoks.

3) To improve my current room.. I would get a new bed, the one i have now is murder on my back. A new comp, my current laptop cant handle all the new games i want to buy. And a new desk, the one i have now is way to small.

4) Yes, yes it would.

MarshmallowEgg
3rd June 2003, 09:03 PM
1/. Would you improve on the current colour of your room? What about the carpet? Why?

Yeah, I'd want to change the wall color (it's currently white, how boring). Maybe to light lavender or light blue. And I'd like to change the color of the carpet to purple or blue (depending on what color I decided on for the walls).

1: A TV. I've been begging my parents for a TV to put in my room for the longest time, but no luck.
2: A computer. Then I could get on late at night and I'd have more time to do my homework/work on fanfics.
3: A Gamecube. I'd hook it up to my TV and I could play at night or when someone's using the Gamecube in the living room.

1: My bed. If I could, I'd kick my sister out and get a single bed instead of a bunkbed like we have now.
2: My desk. I really need a new one. The one I have now belonged to my aunt before it was mine.
3: My dresser. It's ugly. Not as ugly as it was before we painted it white, but still ugly. I need a new one.

Oh, God yes. It's small enough as it is, and putting in a TV, a Gamecube and a computer would leave absolutely no room to walk or do anything.

soggy_cardboard
3rd June 2003, 09:21 PM
walls=sky blue, i like it:)
carpet=ok i guess

-Computer
-possibly upgrade psx<ps2
-um...a billion dollars?
My room is pretty much as god as its gets(double bed/tv/psx/desk/etc8))

-the brown-looking comic strips(cut out from the newspaper)
white>brown...
-Fix by big blue blow-up chairstupid cousins...
-need to fix my cd-player (or get a new diskman)

nope, mines the perfect size;o

Pichu
3rd June 2003, 11:06 PM
Since Cynda yelled at me for using 'his' colour (http://www.boomspeed.com/faithlessjay/laugh.gif) i'm going to use a different colour

erm.. I didn't yelled at you, I was just telling you. -.- and I didn't say to change it or anything... but it looks nice now and at least, its readable :)
Anyway, you post polls like when I was first in UBB. ;) i'm going to post a discussion soon... maybe in pokémon anime ^-^

Color? it looks exactly like ILP's posts now
I'd like the change it into a more darker color... shades or tints or red... maybe try out orange or yellow.
The carpet... all I can say its old. the entire house uses the same carpet. Need thicker carpet so I can sleep on the ground whenever I like. :o

1. Posters. I need some pokémon posters, which I don't got any. ><
2. I want a digital camera. ;) but the computer is not located IN my room so its not really addition into my room
3. Need a TV and a separate cable so I can watch TV whenever I like :D...
4. Yes, I know 3 things, but my 2nd thing is not an addition to my room... anyway, I want a VCR as well :D

1. The curtains... they look ... disgusting and old. I wish I have those new fashion curtains (you know, plastic curtains that hang down... common in restaurants... oh well~)
2. A new bed would be nice.
3. New closet door... its broken.. sort of. :(

nah... its messy enuf already!

Crystal Mew
4th June 2003, 01:01 AM
1. right now its white walls, and white carpet o_o; very boring..I want my wall purple or blue..my carept can stay the same, :D

2. cable tv..a computer, and....a bigger stereo system :> my mom wont buy me cable or a comp...she doesnt want me watching it all day in my room..
:rolleyes: like I dont do that in the faamily room? XP same with the comp...lol

3. I need a new closet...mine is broken...and its annoying getting itno it every day, I could also have a new cage for my ferret ^_^
(he's in my room) also..new curtains to match my new bedspread

4. I want a bigger room..even though I have the biggest room besides the master bedroom...its still kinda small....10x11
so yeah..SMALL!

ILikePokemonP
4th June 2003, 04:23 AM

1. My wall colour is about 2% green and 98% white so I guess it's white. You wouldn't know though, there's an army of posters, I'd put them on the carpet if I could :rolleyes:

If you saw my carpet, you'd know it's very hard to describe. Basically it has lots of brown with various patterns. You'd have to see it to understand.

2. I'm not really fussy, although I could use a huge plasma/lcd TV, an X-Box or a Ps2. I have a GameCube already.

3. Better carpet, an air conditioner and a bit more space.

4. I doubt the new TV would fit currently so I think that's a yes :)

Kireihana52
5th June 2003, 10:20 PM
1) I love the color of my room. It's the only wall color I've ever picked out by myself. My other wall colors were pale pink, blue, and lavender, so I decided on a bright and dark red-orange color. My mom was actually upset at me when we first put it on the wall, because it looked light orange. I'm gonna try an attachment, because it's a really weird color.

I don't like my carpet. It's beige with stains all over it. XD I've always wanted flooring, it doesn't attract cat hair, and it doesn't get permanently stained by soft drinks. If I could have black and white tile flooring in a checkered style, I could die happy. That's the way I see it.

2) I really want a plastic mannequin head with a short blue wig on it, to go on my cd player table. I'm going to try to get one off ebay shortly. I'd also like a dragon painting, and some signs that say "Cat Xing", "Keep Out" and "Stop". My brother gave me a bent up sword, and I would like to hang it on the wall as well, cause I have a thing for medieval crap like that. If someone would let me (which they won't, mind you), I would like to paint some of the squares on my door so it would look like a checkerboard... I would love that, and it could be painted over again, so I don't get what the big frickin deal is. I also need a candle for a glass candle holder I have, I want a black one. I could use as many brightly colored scented candles as you could give me, though, and I'll FIND room for them.

3) I'd like a crystal doorknob. That's probably the only thing I could talk my parents into buying, cause it's only about 5 bucks. I would also love a computer in my room, because everyone else has one and I feel left out. XD I'd also like a light in my closet, because it's very dark. It would also be good to have a sofa, and of course, the room to fit it in.

4) Yeah, I love big rooms. I miss my old room, it was huge.

Attached is a picture of part of my room, so you can see the color of the walls. It's a few months old though, and I know have a butterfly tray on the wall. By the way, that is my kitty, Oreo whom is sitting upon the dresser kicking herself.

EDIT: YAY, it worked!!!!!! :D ....Yes, I AM easily amused...so?

~Bethany

[attachment deleted by admin]

Silver_Umbreon
6th June 2003, 10:34 PM

I've always wanted my room to be orange. Of course, my mom would never approve. As for the carpet, I would choose yellow or blue to match the orange.

I would add a computer with the fastest internet connection in the world. The computer would be Alienware, which is designed for computer gaming, and basically anything else.

I would then add a Bowflex, so I wouldn't have to go down into the basement to work out, and I could watch TV while doing so.

Lastly, I would add a check of 1 Billion dollars signed to me by Bill Gates.

I would make in improvement on my current intertainment center. it is very scratchy, and is kinda falling apart.

I would then make in improvement on the carpet, since it used to be my sister's room, it has a lot of fingernail polish stains, which have been covered by furniture.

I would also make an improvement on the air conditioning in my room. We don't use the air conditioner often, and it gets very hot upstairs, and I have to use three fans. -_-`

Yes, I would make my room bigger, because then I could put more stuff in my room.

Matt
8th June 2003, 09:21 AM

Yes I would. Right now the colour is green and stuff but I want to change it to black and cover up my windows with sheets and stuff so no light can come in. And I don't have any carpet but if I did it would be black too >D.

Hm.. I don't really know. Maybe some posters, a few hanging nuses, and some other things I can't think of at the moment.

I don't know this one either >_<. Um.. maybe my door? I could put a few anarcy symbols on there :D. I can't think of anything else besides that ._.

Yes! My room is very small. Well not very just not enough room to put all of my stuff in it ;).

Silver Ledian
8th June 2003, 09:33 AM
Actually it's not Cynda's colour, it's mines :D Since 3 months into me joining TPM I've been using this font colour...and I can't remember anyone else using it at the same time as me ^_^

Yes, my room is currently sky blue but I'm changing it during the summer to a lighter blue because it looks to dark now to be honest...and it would be good to change this blue carpet too but I can't. I think my swivel chair has caused it to become bumpy, since the wheels rolling along the floor making it uneven, hehe.

I would add perhaps a laptop to my room, a new bed since my current one is fairly old and maybe a new stand for my television.

The lighting (spotlights would be very cool), the size (I want it bigger, hehe) and I can't think of a third one ^^;

Ummm...I said I'd improve by making it bigger in the previous question, so it would be silly of me to say 'no' now XD

Jay
8th June 2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Silver Ledian
Actually it's not Cynda's colour, it's mines :D Since 3 months into me joining TPM I've been using this font colour...and I can't remember anyone else using it at the same time as me ^_^

GAH! It was too. Sorry Eamon :( Forgive me. I'll use different ones in the future *Kills Crimson*

Katie
8th June 2003, 03:36 PM
1. Would you improve on the current colour of your room? What about the carpet? Why?

at my mom's house: right now it's white walls with off-white carpet... XP yeah I'd change it, to what, I don't know. never really thought about it.
at my dad's house: it's got light blue walls and one is covered in a fish-y wallpaper o0; I designed my room to be like the ocean like 4 years ago... XP I don't like it as much anymore, but it could be worse. carpet's fine, except a little stain where my fish tank (actually, turtle tank) slopped over some gross green water XP

2. Name three items that you would add to your room.
1. computer. and all the stuff that comes with it of course
2. a WORKING tv, mine is really really fuzzy at my mom's house, and the one at my dad's is about to die, it's so old.
3. uh..... can I say a DDR machine? :D which version? extreme of course! ^^

3. Name three items that you would make an improvement on to your room.

mom's house: my desk is kinda scratched up because of my cats, so get rid of the scratches. then maybe a better bedspread, leopard print... blah. got it while I was in the spice girls craze XD. 3rd.. have more places to put my crap o0
dad's house: 1. my desk is a bookshelf that has a fold out desk-y space o0 I hate that... 2. all the furniture in my room is from my parent's marriage, I'm sleeping in the bed that I was made in >=o that's just gross. so that definitely. 3. my dad didn't know where to put an old mattress, so he just leaned it against my wall, saying he'd do something with it later. it's been 3 years, and I still have a giant matress against my wall. talk about unattractive.

4. Would you want to make your room bigger to fit this stuff in
nah, my room's pretty big as it is, too much empty space. what am I going to be doing there anyway, cartwheels? o0

~Katie

Craig
8th June 2003, 10:06 PM

oh god yes, my walls are ORANGE its horrible!! Why? because it looks discusting and it gives a weird atmosphere to the room..its not relax-able enough

Minifridge, Big arse stereo, CD Racks... minifridge well im lazy...stereo to play music without my computer and cd racks..well..they are all just sort of stacked up! I'd get rid of my book case and some stupid little table i dont use (its wedged in the corner..hard to explain)

My desk, it could definitly be a bit bigger and have more storage place (its an art desk, it doesnt have a thing over top of it.) my computer desk, its really small and stupdid :( and my dresser, its really non space economic, half of it is useless basically.

Nope, if I got rid of my book case and the little table I wouldnt really need any other room.

ILikePokemonP
9th June 2003, 03:39 AM
You people should get a hex code font color for your text *points to link in sig*. 16,777,216 different possible colors :)