PDA

View Full Version : Changing of moves, types and weakness'

SageofDarkness
17th December 2002, 05:01 PM
I was just thinking, in the transition from R/B/Y to G/S/C there were a few general changes for types and individual Poké, for example, Gyarados WAS weak to Grass in R/B but in G/S it was normal as they took his flying ability into account. Also poison used to be weak to BUG then it became NORMAL/ SE, can't remember? Anyway was there any changes like this in R/S, for types of attacks, Poké or moves?

P.S. Does DRAGON moves still run off special attack? *Hopes it doesn't but knows he will be let down!*

XF Legendz
17th December 2002, 06:02 PM
Dragon still runs offf special attack, lol.

Scythemantis
17th December 2002, 06:49 PM
I'd like them to make poison stronger again. It just has too many weaknesses...

XF Legendz
17th December 2002, 06:53 PM
Well you get weezing, who's now only weak to psychic because of floating. Posion only loses to two types and one is immune, which can be offset by fire attacks. That ain't bad. Habunake is an awesome pokemon. You should check it out. Not to mention gengar and others. Poison has gotten quite a bit better actually.

TeamRocketElite
17th December 2002, 07:04 PM
Gyarados WAS weak to Grass in R/B but in G/S it was normal as they took his flying ability into account

Grass attacks were neutral against Gyarados in RBY. In fact a Glitch in the game will diplay the "Not Very Effective" despite the fact that it was neutral.

Scythemantis
17th December 2002, 07:27 PM
In the old days of r/b I was always poked fun at for my all-poison team, which was viewed as suicide :P Then again that was when absolutely everyone used psychics. Good to hear about weezing. It was already pretty solid. I'm also glad flamethrower is finally a tm.

Nodoka
17th December 2002, 07:31 PM
>Habunake is an awesome pokemon. You should check it out. Not to mention gengar and others. Poison has gotten quite a bit better actually.

I believe his name is actually Habuneeku.

phantasmal
17th December 2002, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Nodoka
>Habunake is an awesome pokemon. You should check it out. Not to mention gengar and others. Poison has gotten quite a bit better actually.

I believe his name is actually Habuneeku.

Doesn't matter. Different translations, different pronunciations. His point gets across.

Nodoka
17th December 2002, 07:58 PM
>Doesn't matter. Different translations, different pronunciations. His point gets across.

Well.. I find it hard to get a point across if nobody knows what he is talking about. I was merely assisting him in getting his objective to get his point across, which would be how new Poison types can be much better than the old.

Azura Stardust
17th December 2002, 10:29 PM
You know, Nodoka, that if you can't get what they mean when they say Habunake, that's just too bad. They prefer the romanized version and if you want to be a purist Japanese-name person, so be it, but you can't keep going right off the topic and telling them that it's Habuneeku, Habuneeku, Habuneeku. Besides in 3 months time everyone is going to be using the English names...

Scythemantis
17th December 2002, 11:24 PM
It's moot when there technically is no way to properly write any of them in the english alphabet. Noone really cares...lets just say that if a name people are using is improper, it's just a cute english nickname :P

SageofBeauty
18th December 2002, 04:21 AM
Hey hunny
I think that dragon is still a special move and poison remains unchanged, good thing about "floating" on Gengar and Weezing!