PDA

View Full Version : 24/7 pokemon station

Vchat20
5th June 2003, 10:09 PM
ok. just to warn you all first off, this mioght be considered illegal to some. so please no flaming me out the wazoo just because tis is considered illegal. if you dont like the idea, plz disreguard this post or atleast make an intelligent one.

since a new and free streaming video format has been developed by the name of Nullsoft Video (http://www.nullsoft.com/nsv/) it is now tons easier to run your own live internet video broadcast. thus the reason for this post. since I read alot on here where ppl complain that they cant watch pokemon due to their Television lineup. this will rectify that situation by broadcasting all pokemon episodes 24/7 on the net.

only issue is, this requires a dedicated shoutcast server which in this case, wuld need tons of bandwidth costing some good deals of $$$. and at that, the person broadcasting the videos would need to have a dedicated PC running at about 1GHZ and has to have atleast an upload speed of 500k. and then they would need to have atleast a big collection of pokemon episodes on their PC or Tape (requires a TV tuner card or video capture card).

from the last part, this sounds kinda useless to me as this will most likely never happen. but if anyone is interested, I would at least like to get some opinions.

last reminder: no flaming. just intelligent posts plz. ty

Animelee
6th June 2003, 01:34 AM
I have access to all that, except the 1GHz and 500 KB/s upload. Sorry...

Vchat20
6th June 2003, 01:40 AM
shoutcast server also?

what exactly is your CPU and upload speeds? cuz those are pretty much maximum requirements for this. i think a 300kbps upload and 600MHZ should do.

Zak
6th June 2003, 10:05 AM
Um, if this IS illegal, why are you even posting it?:confused: Well, I'm not gonna flame you out or anything, but I should close this before other people do though.... besides, I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but talking about this kind of stuff on boards is illegal, and could get Kevin in serious trouble. Maybe you can try to get it by some other means, but not like this.

~Zak