PDA

View Full Version : SneaselReborned vs T_M_L (Ref: OzAndrew *EBTV needs new chappie*)

SneaselReborned
5th June 2003, 11:39 PM
Okay...lets just say I HATE when battles die.

TML, if you will accept this new topic where it actually says Ref Needed at the top, then lets get on with this.

I am hoping for a quick GL match, like the other topic, and hopefully a few will appear. Hopefully. How lucky for us to hope. --'.

Rules
2 on 2
You Send Out First
I Attack First
Arena At Bottom
Gym Badge Match
DQ = 5 days

Lets hope this works. If it doesn't, I will kill myself 20 times over. Again. I already have for my last failure topic. BTW, little change of rules and arena has been done.

Arena - Underground Caverns
Large arena. Difficulty Medium. Large ungerground cavern with clear water pool in middle. Stalagmites and stalagtites all around. Moves such as Solarbeam, Clear Skies, Rain Prayer, Moonlight, and Morning Sun will be nearly ineffective. The cavern is large enough to allow pokemon to fly around if needed and the pool is deep enough to dive down low. Using Earthquake will prove to be quite foolish, as you might as well make the entire cavern cave in and destroy itself. However, it is pretty sturdy, just not sturdy enough for an Earthquake. Cavern is also made of pure energy, so polluting the water is not an option, nor is changing the arena. Also, Dark and Ghost type moves are less effective, and Pokemon of the respectice types are heavily restricted and possibly even damaged.

Sorry that the other battle died TML. It happens, I guess. So basically, that other battle, wherever it may be, is now void, and this is the new topic. *crosses fingers for active ref*

The_Missing_Link
6th June 2003, 02:04 PM
I call upon Nightshade! (male Alakazam)

Nightshade-Oh yeah, it's my turn *prances*

--; You're an embarrassment to your species

Drade130
6th June 2003, 03:50 PM
I'll ref! Ic ant say Ill be able to ref as soon as u guy and girl post but i will within about a day.

The_Missing_Link
6th June 2003, 05:34 PM
hmm, I'm not too keen on letting a novice ref ref, but as long as you're active and acknowledge the fact that this is a GL match instead of a regular match, then go ahead. I've seen you ref anyway but I'm not sure if Meta has

Discothéque
6th June 2003, 05:42 PM
If anyone would prefer, I would ref this battle. *shrug* Or sub-ref, if you ever need one.

SneaselReborned
6th June 2003, 05:44 PM
I, too, am not very keen on having a Novice ref do a GL Match.

How about this:

Teddiursa, show me a link to your best reffing or your mock reffing, and based on that I will decide if you can ref.

Sorry, but I really want to have a ref that knows his/her stuff. Anyway, if I decide that I do not want you to ref, then I shall try to get a Rookie, Elite, or Master ref to ref this match.

T_M_L, do you agree with my measures?

Oh yes, I will choose who to summon and attacks as soon as the ref is decided.

[EDIT] Discotheque, same offer for you. Give me a link to a good reffing of yours/mock reffing.

BTW, you are Psiana, correct?

Discothéque
6th June 2003, 05:49 PM
Yep, I'm Psiana. ^^

Here (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17396) is my only reffing I've done so far since my return.

The_Missing_Link
6th June 2003, 05:55 PM
Actually, I would prefer Psiana. I've known her longer and she's a very decent ref. A rookie at one point before she left if I'm not mistaken

Sorry Teddiursa but it's up to Meta as well

SneaselReborned
6th June 2003, 05:58 PM
Wow, I'm impressed. Then again, what can you expect from the *legendary* Psiana. Anyway, you can ref if TML approved. She should come around soon and check your reffing out, and then approve or disapprove.

You have my approval.

[EDIT] TML already posted. Doh!

Anyway, since I don't wanna edit attack commands, I'll post again.

SneaselReborned
6th June 2003, 06:08 PM
Hikari no Ken, the Sword of Light (Farfetch'd M) shall enter this battle for me! Hikari is a trained fighter, and attempts to take him down shall be futile! I am sending Hikari out flying instead of on the ground.

Hikari, you can win this! We are against a tough opponent who has many battles under his belt. However, do not fear, as I believe in you! I do not have too much for you this round, as we must try to stay alive at all costs. Your main objective this round shall be staying out of harm's way and getting ready for next round. You may choose how to save yourself from being hurt by your enemy. Your second objective shall be to fire out Razor Winds whenever possible. Finally, if you find a quick opening, blast your enemy with a Toxic.

MAIN OBJECTIVE - Stay out of harm's way, using any variety of tactics necessary as you see fit

SECOND OBJECTIVE - Fire off quick Razor Winds whenever you needed or on whim

THIRD OBJECTIVE - Blast with Toxic whenever there is a major opening that you can exploit

Of course, as you (Psiana) see it, it is labeled 1 2 3 so that Hikari should focus on the main one more than the other ones.

BTW, if you find my battling style hard to ref, then you may request for me to TRY to battle a LITTLE differently. I much like my battling style tho. Sry.

Hikari, we can do it!

Hikari: Farfeeeetttcchhh!

SneaselReborned
6th June 2003, 06:10 PM
Again, no editting attack posts!

Anyway, T_M_L, do you agree to limit Substitute to one per pokemon? Also, do you want to ban Rest?

The_Missing_Link
6th June 2003, 06:15 PM
Alright Nightshade, I have a good plan...well, a somewhat decent plan. Psychic Hikari into the floor. While he's down, go in for a quick double team and finally steal his leek and use psychic to break it into obscure use

Nightshade- Obscure use *laughs insanely*

Psychic~Double Team~Psychic

If you see a toxic coming right at you, teleport out of the way

The_Missing_Link
6th June 2003, 06:16 PM
I told you before, I don't use substitute or rest at all but I do agree to the rules anyway

SneaselReborned
6th June 2003, 06:29 PM
Sorry, I forgot you don't use those attacks.

Anyway, is it legal to actually break a part of the Pokemon? Like, every Farfetch'd has a leek, so breaking it would be like breaking a Machop's arm or something. That is kinda cheap...but anyway...

Is it legal?

The_Missing_Link
6th June 2003, 06:34 PM
Hikari's leek is like a Marowak's bone. It's not a part of them and it won't hurt them at all. All it does is hinder them if they need that weapon to use specific attacks. It's the same as using thief, but then Nightshade would be using the leek instead of destroying it

And besides, I never play dirty

Discothéque
6th June 2003, 07:15 PM
Hikari no Ken ~ Farfetch'd (M)

vs

Nightshade ~ Alakazam (M)

Hikari no Ken - Health 100%, Energy 100%
Nightshade - Health 100%, Energy 100%

Arena: Underground Caverns
Large arena. Difficulty Medium. Large ungerground cavern with clear water pool in middle. Stalagmites and stalagtites all around. Moves such as Solarbeam, Clear Skies, Rain Prayer, Moonlight, and Morning Sun will be nearly ineffective. The cavern is large enough to allow pokemon to fly around if needed and the pool is deep enough to dive down low. Using Earthquake will prove to be quite foolish, as you might as well make the entire cavern cave in and destroy itself. However, it is pretty sturdy, just not sturdy enough for an Earthquake. Cavern is also made of pure energy, so polluting the water is not an option, nor is changing the arena. Also, Dark and Ghost type moves are less effective, and Pokemon of the respectice types are heavily restricted and possibly even damaged.
-
Prebattle:

Emotions grew tense as the two opponents were sent out onto the field, giving each other awaiting glances, the stone floor underneath cold. Hikari no Ken fluttered in the air, wings barely moving just enough to keep him suspended into the air, scanning swiftly over the arena, causing a slight shift of emotions. He seemed confident in his ability, not a single misty look of doubt clouding his bright, shining eyes.

Nightshade kept his unmoving glance fixed on the Farfetch'd, racking his brain for the perfect strategy to defeat the talented bird with. Not that he wasn't talented himself, for he clearly was, coming so far to master every knowledge of the psychic kind. Clearly, this would be a match that would test every ounce of skill that they possess.

Battle
Rising quickly into the air, wings beating furiously, the Farfetch'd darted towards the ceiling with no effort put onto himself. Confident, a stotic glare rested upon the psychic type, he continued to linger within the air with no intention of ever coming back down to the ground for this round. Stalactites threatened to impale the tender flesh of Hikari no Ken as he remained dangerously close to the rock ceiling, in the working attempt to avoid the Alakazam with all his will.

Though soon, Nightshade grinned at his opponent, who now seemed absolutely puzzled as to why the psychic genius seemed to be beaming with joy at the fact he was being avoiding. Of course, after a few slow moments, he closed his eyes and began to concentrate. Humming lightly to himself, wanting to advance his powers to reach the top of the cave, he continued to concentrate until moments later, when his eyes opened. The usually light eyes were now a swirling void of purple, focusing their power upon the Farfetch'd, who suddenly noticed nearly invisible rays floating towards him.

Squaking softly, tilting his body to the side, Hikari no Ken attempted to flee, though it was all in vain. Unable to now move his own body, he was slowly being pulled to the floor, to the awaiting Alakazam who merely continued to grin madly towards him. Squirming, trying to break the psychic hold, he was slowly lowered onto the ground, pinned onto the chilling rock.

Not letting go for a few more seconds, Nightshade suddenly broke the hold, not letting his opponent know, he quickly broke off into four different illusions, the fifth being himself. In a last attempt, noticing the Alakazam letting his guard down, poison began to gather within his system. Toxic burned his insides, coming up to his throat and searing it with pain, the thick purple liquid-like substance gathering inside of his mouth. Coughing, seemingly to choke, his beak suddenly opened and shot the hazard-causing toxin out, but merely shattered the image of a single Alakazam, which seemed to taunt as it left. The puddle of toxic landed on the ground and spread out in a thin gathering, causing danger for any who may go around it.

Just then did he notice that he could move, and began to go into the air again, disappointing by his failure to poison the Alakazam he was going up against. The pressure of the psychic takeover though remained heavy on his back, which ached slightly by being pinned so tightly onto the ground. A small jerking was felt in his left wing, which he quickly glanced at, only to notice the leek he clutched within it was pulling back, as if it wanted to fall to the ground. Clutching even more to it than he was before, he went into panic when his wing was suddenly peeled back, only one still able to flap until the leek was ripped from his clutches. Gawking at the runaway item Farfetch'd often use to perform attacks, he went into panic mode, flapping his wings so quickly they were only a blur.

Hikari's rage was intense and burning as he noticed the leek beginning to bend from the supernatural force of the pressure of the pyschic push, the sadistic grin that was spread upon Nightshade's face. Cracking and popping emerged from the leek as it fell onto the ground, no longer taken control of by the Alakazam, as it lied limp and snapped in two, barely hanging on by a thin stalk that refused to break. Hikari no Ken shrieked in fury, flapping his wings so harshly the air as if attempting to slice into them, the rifts of the clean air becoming sharp needles, firing swiftly, nearly invisible unless to a talented eye. They impaled one of the Alakazams that merely faded away harmlessly, but they grazed onto Nightshade's right side. Though two of the clones remained, one hiding against the wall in the back to the right, and another hanging to the far left.

Hikari no Ken - Health 95%, Energy 91% ~ Flying in the air near the ceiling, no longer has a leek to wield, is completely furious

Nightshade - Health 94%, Energy 86% ~ Has two illusions left, right side hurting, proud of himself

Arena Changes: A thin puddle of toxin remains a few feet away from the water in the left corner of the cavern.
-
Edit ~ Reffing changed due to a mistake on the ref's part.

SneaselReborned
6th June 2003, 07:27 PM
Just a quick question.

Wouldn't Razor Wind destroy all the clones, as it is a wide-ranged wind attack? I mean, those clones are nothing but illusions, so a little breeze from Razor Wind would destroy them, correct?

Also, can Hikari tell which Kazam is real due to the leek? That part was a little confusing.

Final Note: Call my Farfetch'd Hikari, because Hikari no Ken is longer and more time-taking to type out.

Discothéque
6th June 2003, 07:36 PM
The clones are vastly spread out, assuming that Nightshade had moved from his original spot, which he had to do due to the toxic puddle on the ground.

And also, Hikari no Ken was able to tell which Alakazam was real and which was not briefly due to the leek accident, but now the illusions of the Alakazam also have the leek so he's unable to tell if he had forgotten where the true Nightshade was standing before the others got the illusion of a leek.

Also - thanks, I'll remember that. ^_^;

SneaselReborned
6th June 2003, 07:45 PM
Sorry for another question but...

If Hikari uses Whirlwind/Razor Wind/other wide-range wind attack etc. will all the clones go away, or are they still so widely spread out that I have to take them one by one?

Discothéque
6th June 2003, 07:49 PM
It depends on how closely together the two clones are clustered together when the attack is used. If they are on opposite sides of the arena when a Whirlwind is used, only one could be in the path of the attack, thus only one can be destroyed because it couldn't possibly reach that far, since the cavern is described as of being very large.

SneaselReborned
6th June 2003, 07:55 PM
I mean, at the moment, are the clones close enough together to blow them all away with one move? Are they close enough together to even hit Kazam with it? Basically, can you make a diagram.

--------------------------------

{A} {C}

{C}

A = Kazam
C = Clone

Something like that, see.

Do you have an AIM? If so, what is it?

The_Missing_Link
6th June 2003, 08:02 PM
I thought the leek would be destroyed, not held. Oh well

Nightshade, fire off a tri attack and then use a psywave. Finally, put up a sold barrier

Tri Attack~Psywave~Barrier

If he tries to get his leek back, just hit him with it. As for a toxic, teleport

As you can see, I battle very simply ._.

SneaselReborned
6th June 2003, 08:16 PM
I would rather not attack until I know where the Kazam and clones are. So, I'll just wait until Psiana posts.

It really helps to know if your Razor Wind etc. will destroy clones or just kill one off.

Discothéque
6th June 2003, 08:40 PM
I have fixed the reffing. Please go read it to know fully what is going on.

Also, SneaselReborned, I can't tell you exactly if you can get them out in one hit because that would be giving an unfair "ref advantage" against T_M_L. Sorry.

SneaselReborned
6th June 2003, 08:57 PM
Nice job Hikari! You're doing fine! However, now we have a slight problem. However, this shall be easily solved.

As you undoubtable know, you possess the ability to use heat-seeking shurikens. So, lets use that power to create 3 shurikens and kill both clones and do some damage to Nightshade! Swift! Next, he will throw waves of energy at you. Wait until they are being produced, and use Quick Attack to dart and grab your leek. Of course, being an Alakazam with no skill of the leek, Nightshade will probably miss with his swipe at you. Make sure you get your leek! We need it!

Now, since he subbed in for the Barrier, we have time to execute out ultimate attack. It's time for your favorite move: Ten Thousand Needles. Also, if he somehow manages to get in the fourth command Barrier in, then just attack him from behind the barrier. Barrier is a wall, not a forcefield all around, so we can get him!

Farfetch'd (M)
Nickname: Hikari no Ken (Sword of Light)
Signature Move: Ten Thousand Needles
Hikari no Ken, the Sword of Light, Hikari for short, has gained the ability to use the wind and the very speed that it imbues in addition to the deadly leek that he carries to his advantage. Hikari does this naturally, always coming into battle in the air as opposed to other combatants that land on the ground.

However, just because Hikari is skilled with the wind doesn't mean that he is not equally as skilled with the land or, more to the point, with the sword. Hikari can deal with close land combat in addition to aerial combat with the use of the deadly leek that can deal hurtful blow onto the enemy.

With the attack passed down through generations of Farfetch'd, Hikari is known to inflict severe pain on the enemies. Using just the leek, Hikari is able to create thousands upon thousands of tiny little cut wounds upon the opponent's body, each bleeding out blood as if sucked by a vacuum. Of course, the attack works terribly much better when there is already a decent amount of cuts upon the enemies body.

With a little of a smirk, Hikari uses the wind to shoot at the enemy at speeds unreachable by any other creature or machine, and quickly attack the opponent with thousands of hits with the leek in the period of a second or sometimes even less, if Hikari is feeling better at the moment. And then, using the wind once more, Hikari takes flight again in the same instant he swooped down to attack and steadies himself, as if nothing happened.

However, much did happen in the simple half-second to one second time period. The secret to the move is that Hikari's leek is not like other leeks. Hikari's leek is almost like a blade, and Hikari is the blademaster. Instead of just whacking the opponent, Hikari takes blood. The attack leaves the opponent with millions of little cuts that bleed severely and terribly pain the enemy. Wouldn't you too feel pain if you were slashed and cut at millions of times in an instant? The blood comes out like water, and it streams out like a river as well.

However, being the Sword of Light, Hikari will not inflict too much pain upon the enemy. The wounds, miraculously, will seal up in 6 actions after the attack is used. Even so, Hikari continues to limit himself from killing the enemy. The attack can only be performed once, due to the stress needed in order to use the wind to his advantage.

Type Flying | Acc 95% | Atk 5%, plus bleeding wounds | Effect Inflicts thousands upon thousands of little cut wounds that bleed insanely

BTW, Psiana, this is Metalakafable, I just have a different name. You can just call me Meta like TML does if you like.

BTW II, do you have an AIM?

BTW III, I understand you do not want to tell if I can rid them all in one hit.

Discothéque
7th June 2003, 10:01 AM
Hikari no Ken - Farfetch'd (M)

vs

Nightshade - Alakazam (M)

Hikari no Ken - Health 95%, Energy 91% ~ Flying in the air near the ceiling, no longer has a leek to wield, is completely furious

Nightshade - Health 94%, Energy 86% ~ Has two illusions left, right side hurting, proud of himself

Arena Changes: A thin puddle of toxin remains a few feet away from the water in the left corner of the cavern.

Battle

The fight begins with high emotions, Hikari scowling and grimly staring towards his leek which layed on the ground of no use. Yet, he merely had to wonder, why was his owner commanding him to take back a clearly broken leek, and attempting to attack with it? Puzzled, but not wanting to cause any stress on himself, a mythical ivorn aura began to dance within the sky, near the raged Farfetch'd. Small stars, looking as those that dot the night sky, began to twirl within the cavern, looking quite out of place with the cold stone ceiling.

Arching a brow towards the stars which had appeared, Nightshade paided no attention and closed his eyes once more, the spoon that most - if not all - Alakazams carry floating in front of his face. One fist crackled with electric surges, the other spewing tiny embers, and finally the spoon which had turned a pale blue and had frosted over completely. The powers within each soon grew stronger, as the tiny electric surges began to pulse madly, and the embers turned to searing streams of fire. Even the spoon let sharp ice shards crash to the ground, breaking apart as soon as it hit.

Looking, expression that of panic, Hikari no Ken flapped his wings weakly, barely sending even a tiny gust of air out towards the stars. Yet it was enough to make them move, as they sliced and whirred through the air, cutting painfully into one of the Alakazams, though it merely shattered into the air. Turning sharply, they began to soar towards another opponent, though it was soon noticed to be the wrong when a beam of mixed elements came ripping through the sky from the opposite side of the arena. Fire, lightning and ice swirled together to make the deadly mix which headed straight towards Hikari, who couldn't even move before the three elements consumed him in their wrath, showing no signs of letting go.

Another illusion broke up into tiny waves and disappeared in mere seconds as the stars cut through it, as they once more turned, heading directly towards Nightshade who wasn't even paying attention. The Alakazam smirked at the succesful attack that had been unleashed, but then shuddered as he felt something digging into his side. Glancing down, he noticed four ivory stars imbedded into his skin, but they burst into silver glitter, they soon it disappeared completely. Tired of waiting to pull off his next attack, Nightshade brought both of his hands in front of him, then made a circle with both. Appearing in front of him was a dark purple wave, which soon fired off, floating slowly towards the victim of the attack.

Though Hikari who had just been released from the attack of three elements wasn't keen on being attacked one more, tilting his body downwards towards the taken leek which lied on the ground. Pinning his wings against his sides, he began to fall from the air, but soon darted at incredible speed, reclaiming the broken leek by catching it in one of his wings as he went by. The psychic wave which had been fired at him simply hit the wall, but caused a stalactite to fall from the cavern ceiling and pierce the floor. Before Hikari no Ken could make it away, a stream of toxin shot his way, narrowly missing - yet, some still touched his right wing and was beginning to seep through the feathers.

Nightshade couldn't help but to frown as Hikari once more took off into the air, ready to perform his final attack, while he was unable to do anything. Perhaps it was a trick to slow him down, but he couldn't be quite sure. Glancing towards where the Farfetch'd once was, he noticed another puddle of toxic had formed, though it was slightly smaller than the other at the opposite side of the cave.

As quickly as that thought had ended, painfully cold air chilled the Alakazam to the bone, then nothing was saw as a few tiny cuts had been spread on his body. Then it was all over, sooner than it should have been, because Hikari was squaking in a panic as the leek seemed to be more damaged than before, and had nerely completely broken off. Though Nightshade had no clue how those bleeding cuts had gotten on him, as the Farfetch'd was right in the air, where he previously was. Though, Hikari soon felt just a tiny bit of energy leave his body...

Hikari no Ken - Health 83%, Energy 82% ~ Has gotten his nearly-broken leek back, is still furious, has extremely mild poisoning

Nightshade - Health 86%, Energy 78% ~ Has quite a few bleeding cuts on him, right side isn't hurting as much

Arena Changes: A thin puddle of toxin remains a few feet away from the water in the left corner of the cavern. Another puddle of toxic is near the right side of the water.
-

And yes Meta, I do have AIM. I sent you a PM with it.

Edit ~ Forgot to add in the damage from the Swift onto Nightshade, and the extra stress put onto Hikari no Ken due to his extreme speeds and using the wind to his advantage. Sorry about that.

SneaselReborned
7th June 2003, 10:53 AM
Ack, Hikari! We're doing terrible! Still, now that we have the cuts on his hand, we can exploit them. Now, seeing as the cuts should bleed insanely, that Alakazam will be in trouble. Loss of blood = less energy = less damaging attacks, right? Good. Farfetch'd might not be as smart as Alakazam, but Hikari is an exception.

Hikari, mainly this round we should make those cuts sting until they cannot sting anymore. Fly into the air and continue to dodge as much as you can. Just stay alive, and don't let that Alakazam get to you! We can win this! Nightshade may have the upperhand, but not for long. Continue to hit his bleeding side with Razor Winds or Swifts, whichever you see fit. You should know that if he multiplies, use Swift. Aim swift at teh bleeding side as well! Continue to make it bleed.

The more blood you make him lose, the less his attacks will do! Hopefully we can make him lose enough blood so that we can kill him!

Also, on a side note: I will ask if Farfetch'd can pull out another leek from a mallet space account. I'll get back to you on this, k.

MAIN OBJECTIVE - Continue to dodge around and stay far away from Kazam's attacks and himself, make sure to stay alive, general dodging techniques, use actions if needed

SECOND OBJECTIVE - Use Razor Winds at bleeding side in order to make the wounds bleed even more insanely, use Swift if better suited, of course

The_Missing_Link
7th June 2003, 04:08 PM
Ok Nightshade, although I thought his signature move couldn't be performed, he still did it and got you, luckily not as bad as it would've been if the leek wasn't broken

Anyway, get him in another psychic grip and smash him into a wall or the stalactites, whichever one seems to be able to hurt him more. Then go for another double team and finally use a future sight. If you feel that future sight can't be used in this arena, just relax instead

Psychic~Double Team~Future Sight/Relax

SneaselReborned
7th June 2003, 04:47 PM
I have a few questions about how you ref Psiana.

1. How long can psychic grip last? Because most refs say about 2 seconds and a struggling Farfetch'd would not be able to be slammed against something in that time.

2. Do you ref future sight as an attack with those psychic lines such as the GB or as a mental assault in turns to come? If it is psychic lines, then the arena couldn't be used for future sight, correct?

3. Does doing nothing heal the wounds, or must Alakazam use Rest or something like that?

4. Do you ref with Real rules or Anime rules? Basically, if I continue to make the wound bleed, would Alakazam lose lots of power and energy or something like that? Or is it just like anime with the wimpy "oh no bleeding yada yada yada woo ash just won"?

Sorry for the many questions, I just like to know how a ref does her/his reffings.

Discothéque
7th June 2003, 05:50 PM
1: I'd say for pure psychic types which obviously gather alot of psychic energy, 5+ seconds of psychic control would be a decent amount. Though, for non-psychic types, of course they would be weaker and not last as long. Abra's Psychic would last shorter than Alakazam's Psychic also, so to me, it works like that.

2: Future Sight is an unseen attack (atleast, from the way I see it) and attacks from within the opponent's mind to cause damage.

3: Doing nothing would allow him to rest, though not to gain HP. It could help with energy, and perhaps a bit of the bleeding.

4: Of course it's Animé, but blood is a given with some moves, such as Crunch and Slash and cause blood loss. I cannot say anymore for the question, as it would give you too far of an advantage.
-
I'll ref later tonight or in the morning. Also, Meta, if you have anymore questions please PM them to me. And feel free to ask anything, also, T_M_L.

The_Missing_Link
7th June 2003, 05:54 PM
You know, you could leave the woman alone for one little round. And besides, there's such a thing as a PM --;

With Hikari so close to the stalactites, I wouldn't see how he would get out of it so quickly

As for the relaxing thing, I'm not using it so that Nightshade can heal his wounds. You do have to look out for the energy you know. Using psychic and all those moves can be taxing on a Pokemon in very little time, depending on how the ref does things

SneaselReborned
7th June 2003, 09:05 PM
I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to give Psiana a hard time. Its just that when I haven't seen too many battles of the ref I have to ask about things I don't know.

Sorry, sorry, sorry!

BTW, thanks Psiana for not getting angry. It must be annoying with me asking all these questions.

BTW II, I just saw the energy counts and what you said finally made sense. Mesa stupid.

BTW III, erm...wait...there's nothing to put here...

Discothéque
9th June 2003, 05:03 PM

vs

Hikari no Ken - Health 83%, Energy 82% ~ Has gotten his nearly-broken leek back, is still furious, has extremely mild poisoning

Nightshade - Health 86%, Energy 78% ~ Has quite a few bleeding cuts on him, right side isn't hurting as much

Arena Changes: A thin puddle of toxin remains a few feet away from the water in the left corner of the cavern. Another puddle of toxic is near the right side of the water.

Battle

Dodging and spinning in the air though no attacks had been used, sweat poured lightly from Hikari's forehead as his wings had slowed down their beating somewhat. He of course was beginning to get tired, but still has energy to spare, but soon staying in the air for so long would begin to chip away at his strenght. Heading up towards the ceiling, deciding that would be the safest place, the Farfetch'd mused for a few seconds, then began staring sadly at his leek which was nearly snapped in two by his opponent. It saddened him to see the precious instrument in so poor of shape, but it seemed nothing now could fix it.

Pacing back and forth on the ground, Nightshade glanced up at Hikari no Ken every few seconds, then finally reached a point where his eyes never left the bird. Arms crossed over each other as he paced, waiting for the perfect moment to strike, and it seemed that the moment would be soon. Hikari stared confusedly at the Alakazam, wondering why he wasn't attacked, and seemed to be letting his guard down every second as he hovered around the cavern ceiling, every now and then hurrying over to different spots every now and then. Suddenly channeling all his psychic energy into one, invisible blast, it crashed into the Farfetch'd yet didn't even seem to faze it.

Though, the blast did take control of his body, as he sped in the limited grasp of the body snatching move, sending him crashing painfully into a stalactite. As soon as he was thrown into the hard rock formation, the grip of psychic had let loose, allowing him no time to regain control of his wings as he went tumbling to the ground. In mid-fall, however, he controlled his body once more and darted back up to the sky, eyeing Nightshade grimly, who was merely smiling merrily. Quickly speeding around the cavern, now avoiding the ceiling as much as he can, Hikari continued to watch Nightshade the best he could.

Once more splitting into multiple forms, seven Alakazams remained on the field, all looking as if they weren't illusions and were living, breathing creatures. Of course, only one was, and the others were mocking the one who called the attack to puzzle the opponent. Smirking, noticing a time to use an attack, Farfetch'd spun twice in the air, a thin barrier of stars forming in front of him. They twinkled and shined with golden glimmer, seemingly to dance within the air, not going any where until Hikari no Ken called for them to. Blowing a single puff of air towards the stars, they flew down towards the ground, targetting the first living thing that came within their path.

Or, atleast, the first illusion of a living thing. They sliced through the illusion, sending it splattering into tiny shards on the floor, then disappearing completely. They sharply turned towards another mock vision, plunging deep inside of it, leaving it scattering to bits and pieces within the air. On and on, it cut through the illusions, all except three - four if you count the true Alakazam. Finally, they reached Nightshade, their sharp points burrowing deep within the psychic's skin. Wincing once more, the wounds only stung slightly as they disappeared away from him. Glancing down at his side, Nightshade whined as he saw it was entirely crimson, but the blood was now slowing somewhat.

Hikari continued to dart about in the sky, proud of himself, though with every passing moment he seemed he got even more tired than before. A sudden jolt of pain entered his mind, and he knew something was wrong, but couldn't quite place it, and as the odd feeling of knowing something was wrong have taken him, he felt some power leave his body...

Nightshade merely grinned.

Hikari no Ken - Health 72%, Energy 73% ~ Has gotten his nearly-broken leek back, calm now, getting tired by staying in the air so much, has mild poisoning, a future attack is coming for him

Nightshade - Health 81%, Energy 68% ~ Has quite a few bleeding cuts on him, losing energy from the bleeding, has three illusions left

Arena Changes: A thin puddle of toxin remains a few feet away from the water in the left corner of the cavern. Another puddle of toxic is near the right side of the water. A stalactite has fallen from the ceiling and is now impaled in the ground.

The_Missing_Link
9th June 2003, 05:44 PM
Don't worry Nightshade, those cuts from Hikari's special move should close up after this next round

Nightshade-The things I do for you --;

I know. Now, confusion to blast him into a wall again. Then put up a barrier and finally, make things fun and use a metronome

Confusion~Barrier~Metronome

If he tries to use swift or razor wind, disable it (whichever one comes first)

SneaselReborned
9th June 2003, 08:34 PM
Since when did flying tire a flying creature? Farfetch'd is a complete flying creature. But meh, we must deal with this unfortunate event.

Hikari, we are losing. Badly. Start out with a Swift to divert the confusion and make him disable the move. Make sure you destroy all the clones, because we are going to strike hard and fast now. Wait until the shield has dropped, and gore a nice hole in Nightshade's chest with a diving Headbutt. If you think it would make more sense at the moment, hit Nightshade on the wounds instead. However, I am guessing that goring a hole in his stomach would be better. Finally, use a Toxic when he is trying to metrenome. Make sure you hit Nightshade good.

If you would like, you can set down on the ground after completing your attack commands this round.

Come on Hikari, lets do this for your allies!

Discothéque
11th June 2003, 11:01 AM

vs

Hikari no Ken - Health 72%, Energy 73% ~ Has gotten his nearly-broken leek back, calm now, getting tired by staying in the air so much, has mild poisoning, a future attack is coming for him

Nightshade - Health 81%, Energy 68% ~ Has quite a few bleeding cuts on him, losing energy from the bleeding, has three illusions left

Arena Changes: A thin puddle of toxin remains a few feet away from the water in the left corner of the cavern. Another puddle of toxic is near the right side of the water. A stalactite has fallen from the ceiling and is now impaled in the ground.

Battle

Still hovering in the air, his wings slightly aching, Hikari blinked blankly then yawned before eyeing his opponent with slight annoyance. He, of course, only had a broken leek to attack with, so it seemed some moves proved useless. This fueled his anger, somewhat, but he was still calm and collected as he fluttered away from the ceiling, weary of Nightshade's psychic blasts that always seemed to make him crash into it. Thinking about this only made him slightly annoyed, as he attempted to think about his order for this attack through his now cloudy mind. Remembering to create a cluster of stars, he spun slightly, the small golden objects appearing in front of him once more, though he seemed to be getting somewhat tired. They grew somewhat bigger as the Farfetch'd stared at them, seemingly forcing them to become larger than before.

Noticing that the starry attack was going to come for him soon, Nightshade sighed, then remembered his commands to disable the move from the Farfetch'd - make it forget completely that the move even existed. Focusing all his energy, the spoon he held glowed a very faint purple, and soon the same colour surrounded Hikari no Ken, who seemed puzzled by this. It erased the move from his mind for the time being, and left the poor Farfetch'd staring oddly towards the stars whirring about the arena, not having a clue as to what they were. Nightshade growled, noticing that his attack came to slowly, but atleast Hikari could not summon any more of the stars for a while. They shattered and diced at some illusions, then finally noticed them coming straight at him.

Shuddering when they once more dug painfully into his bleeding side, though not very much damage was delt everytime that they hit, Nightshade winced. He noticed that every illusion he once had disappeared, and so had the stars that previously sliced inside of him. Of course, the bleeding had slowed down once more, and some of the cuts were nearly sealed - but still, not quite. Noticing that Hikari wasn't attacking and was merely swirling and twisting around in the air, the Alakazam arched a brow in confusion, but then refused to question as a thin, transparent shield began to form in front of him. It wasn't invisible by any means, but still put strain on the eyes to see it, though it sooned flashed a slight golden colour, giving notice to all that it was there.

Eyeing the shield intensely, Hikari began to stare at it, as if doing so would burn a hole into it instantly. It took nearly a minute, and the shield wasn't going anywhere. But he couldn't attack - no, no. He was commanded to attack after the shield had dropped. And it didn't seem to be going anywhere, as it glittered and gleamed, still right in it's same exact spot. Whining, he continued to stare towards it, but it was still there - like it was taunting him. Sighing, he noticed that Nightshade was now chanting and swaying his arms from side to side, summoning a random attack to take place.

In a state of panic, the Farfetch'd ignored his order for a headbutt, since it seemed he wouldn't be able to use it this round. Instead, he began to build up a toxin within his system, preparing it for the intoxicated mess. He could feel it bubbling from within his blood, rising up through his veins, heading directly for his mouth as which then he would fire it towards the now suspecting Nightshade, who continued to wave his arms about.

As the toxic was fired, the random attack had been conjured - the spoon Nightshade clutched within his hands glowed a fire red, and became searing to the touch. Obviously, he had created a fire attack, and it was soon freed - rings of fired shot through the air, spinning and spinning, as some of the toxic barely went through it. It sparked and created a small explosion, but the rest of the fire encircled the Farfetch'd, scorching him as it clung on with no mercy. The toxic, however, landed short - some dodged the barrier and went farther, directly landing in Nightshade's face! He howled in pain and pawed at his face, but the toxic had set in. Hikari couldn't land, either, due to the rings of fire attacking him and the make matters worse, a small ball of psychic energy hovered in front of him. It blinked and flashed, then move forward and crashed against Hikari, but it caused no damage. It seeped in through him, then caused severe pressure on his mind, causing it to ache with intense pain. The toxin then took precious health from both...

This would be interesting.

Hikari no Ken - Health 60%, Energy 63% ~ Has gotten his nearly-broken leek back, calm now, getting tired by staying in the air so much, mild poisoning

Nightshade - Health 70%, Energy 57% ~ Has quite a few bleeding cuts on him that are healing, losing less energy from the bleeding, the barrier has one more round until it disappears, poisoned

Arena Changes: A thin puddle of toxin remains a few feet away from the water in the left corner of the cavern. Another puddle of toxic is near the right side of the water. A stalactite has fallen from the ceiling and is now impaled in the ground. Now, another puddle of toxin lies on the ground - right in front of Nightshade!

SneaselReborned
11th June 2003, 06:11 PM
Is barrier a long-term attack or is it a quick shield? Can you give me a little while to check on this before I attack?

I will edit in the answer.

BTW, even if it was a sustained shield, then wouldn't a burn an EXTREME amount of energy?

The_Missing_Link
11th June 2003, 07:08 PM
I'm not quite sure on how she refs the health/energy thing but I'm kinda wondering why a fire spin and poisoning only did 8% damage and Hikari's energy is higher than Nightshade's when he's having trouble flying (a Farfetch'd isn't like a Fearow. It doesn't have the ability to stay aloft for long periods of time)

And my belief is barrier can be held as long as the user concentrates on keeping it useable

Discothéque
11th June 2003, 08:23 PM
Meta: It last one round, and takes a slight amount of energy to put it up.

T_M_L: Swift isn't really a move that would put extreme stress upon Hikari, and Toxic isn't very stressing at first but gets so after a while. Also, keep in mind, Hikari has extremely mild poison, not a great deal got injected in his body. And also, Fire Spin doesn't do very good damage - it's more of a delaying move, in words. Infact, most of his energy fall was from his flight. Plus, Nightshade has been told to perform moves that give a great deal of stress - such as Psychic and Double Team.
~
One thing though - I forgot to total in the Future Sight damage. Allow me to fix that. ^_^;

SneaselReborned
12th June 2003, 07:36 PM
Hikari, maybe we are getting a little tired, no? Why not relieve some of that stress! Claw onto Nightshade and furiously attack him with whatever you can. That means Fury Attack, Peck, Steel Wing, whatever! If you find it futile to get onto him, you may just want to use Razor Winds from afar, or Swift if you can use that again.

MAIN OBJECTIVE - Get onto Nightshade's face and claw at him with Fury Attack, Peck, Steel Wing, Frustration, whatever needed.

SECOND OBJECTIVE - If Objective 1 proves to be futile, then just blast with Razor Winds or Swifts, if you relearn swift. Of course, he can only disable one move, but on the rare occasion that the ref does disable differently and he disables Razor Wind as well as Swift, then you may select some other command that you would like. Personally, I was thinking of maybe a Double Team or possibly a Swords Dance to get pumped for the next round.

FINAL THOUGHTS - Of course, if Nightshade multiplies, you should of course kill off the clones with multi-hit moves such as Razor Wind/Swift if you relearn it. Try your hardest.

The_Missing_Link
12th June 2003, 08:10 PM
If he wants to get close to us Nightshade, then let him. Lets see how he feels when his wing gets frozen by an ice punch. Then let him have a thunderwave and finally give him another ice punch. I'm sorry you're going to have to use a lot of energy on this but I promise it'll be worth it

Nightshade- I hope so --;

Ice Punch~Thunderwave~Ice Punch

SneaselReborned
12th June 2003, 08:44 PM
I hope you realize you will be hurting yourself with those attacks too, because Farfetch'd will be on your face. Therefore, its like punching your own face. Also, T-Wave will surely paralyse you as well, because it will be like surging through Farfy and hitting you as well.

Tsk tsk. Suicide in not the answer...

The_Missing_Link
12th June 2003, 08:48 PM
But how do you know that? No one does except for Psiana. Since Hikari will be close to Nightshade, the punch will be easy to use and I doubt he would punch himself instead of his opponent

It's like you're indirectly swaying the ref's view on how the battle should be reffed. I suggest we not comment anymore except in our attack posts or by PM if you need a question answered

SneaselReborned
12th June 2003, 08:54 PM
Meh, I'm just stating my opinion. I'm not trying to sway the ref's judgement, its just I have a nasty habit of nitpicking at the opponent's attacks.

Sorry.

Discothéque
13th June 2003, 10:16 AM
I have decided to quit reffing, due to reasons stated in the reffing tower. If you don't go there, however, it's because my left wrist has been bothering me. I don't know why, and it could most likely not be from typing, but better safe than sorry.

Good luck on finding a new ref. And thank you.

SneaselReborned
13th June 2003, 10:17 AM
We surely will find a new ref, and I hope your wrist feels a lot better. I liked your reffings too...oh well, you're right, better safe than sorry.

Hope your wrist feels better.

SneaselReborned
13th June 2003, 12:38 PM
I asked Cyrus is he was willing to ref, and I know that he is a good, active ref.

Is it okay with you, TML, if Cyrus refs?

The_Missing_Link
13th June 2003, 01:46 PM
I'm sorry, but I'd rather not have him ref. While he is active, I find him relying on logistics too much and not thinking in an anime perspective as much as I'd like a ref to

I know it's hard to find a ref during finals, but I'm sure we'll find someone else

SneaselReborned
16th June 2003, 05:39 PM
T_M_L, I'm trying to ask everybody, k.

OzAndrew said he would ref, and I have seen his reffings. He is not bad, really.

Would you accept him reffing?

The_Missing_Link
16th June 2003, 06:18 PM
Sure. I've seen Andy (:D) ref also and he's good

Go ahead Andrew

SneaselReborned
17th June 2003, 11:01 AM
OzAndrew has been accepted as ref. If he ever sees this or comes on AIM, I'll tell him. Hopefully he will be nice and active.

Also, T_M_L, lets agree not to talk other than complete attack posts. Like: Attack 1, Attack 2, Ref, Attack 2, Attack 1, Ref, Attack 1, Attack 2, Ref.

Andrew
18th June 2003, 06:43 PM
Ok guys, I'll ref, so um, I looked back on your "Attacks" and its confusing banter. Or I could've consumed Alcohol in my sleep. Your choice.

Anywho, the clearer that you make your attacks the better. So if you could please post again.

Plus regarding EBTV I need to talk to Gavin Luper about the "Crossover" that I hope will be happening next chapter but in the meantime I'm working on that Spinoff Special I promised 10 years ago. So yeah...

And I have exams. lol.

SneaselReborned
18th June 2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by SneaselReborned
Hikari, maybe we are getting a little tired, no? Why not relieve some of that stress! Claw onto Nightshade and furiously attack him with whatever you can. That means Fury Attack, Peck, Steel Wing, whatever! If you find it futile to get onto him, you may just want to use Razor Winds from afar, or Swift if you can use that again.

MAIN OBJECTIVE - Get onto Nightshade's face and claw at him with Fury Attack, Peck, Steel Wing, Frustration, whatever needed.

SECOND OBJECTIVE - If Objective 1 proves to be futile, then just blast with Razor Winds or Swifts, if you relearn swift. Of course, he can only disable one move, but on the rare occasion that the ref does disable differently and he disables Razor Wind as well as Swift, then you may select some other command that you would like. Personally, I was thinking of maybe a Double Team or possibly a Swords Dance to get pumped for the next round.

FINAL THOUGHTS - Of course, if Nightshade multiplies, you should of course kill off the clones with multi-hit moves such as Razor Wind/Swift if you relearn it. Try your hardest.

Basically, I have two objectives. I like to let my pokemon pick and choose what they feel would be the best in the situation. However, they follow the general idea. Also, I have some second objectives too. Its not really direct commands, but its more of a "pick out of these moves depending on situation and counter with these moves depending on situation again yada yada yada."

My pokemon are smartness^_^.

The_Missing_Link
18th June 2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by The_Missing_Link
If he wants to get close to us Nightshade, then let him. Lets see how he feels when his wing gets frozen by an ice punch. Then let him have a thunderwave and finally give him another ice punch. I'm sorry you're going to have to use a lot of energy on this but I promise it'll be worth it

Nightshade- I hope so --;

Ice Punch~Thunderwave~Ice Punch

Can't get much clearer than that, can ya? ^^

And didn't I mention in an earlier post that we should stop the banter, Meta? geeze

SneaselReborned
18th June 2003, 08:50 PM
I did stop! All I did was quote my old post!

The_Missing_Link
25th June 2003, 11:13 AM
Ok, I've waited a week and still no reffing. I'm going to look for another ref if that's ok with you Meta

SneaselReborned
25th June 2003, 11:41 AM
Yes, quite necessary. Quite necessary.

Though I did expect better from Ozzie...

Elec Man EXE
25th June 2003, 11:42 AM
Well, upon the request of TML, I am taking on the reffing of this battle. Which is quite interesting, so far. But, I ask that you wait just 1 more day, I am going to be busy as heck today unpacking and such from my vacation, but tommorow I'll ref it. If I don't, you can stab me with a giant needle until my nose falls off ;).

Elec Man EXE
26th June 2003, 10:22 AM
Ok, as promised, here is a reffing. Just let me state a few things that I noticed to make sure they are correct:

- SR is doing this wierd "let my pokemon decide what to do" thing
- Farfetch'd has forgotten Swift through the use of Disable, which will be put to nill when I take over, because I ref Disable differently. I do it like it has been shown in the Anime and as stated in the Attack List.
- Farfetch'd has a leek that is almost broken, not sure how that happened, I don't really want to read all the reffings

Ok, lets do this, and it will hopefully be as good as Psiana's.

Round ???

Pre-Round Status
SneaselReborned: Hikari no Ken (Farfetch'd M) - Health 60%, Energy 63% Has gotten his nearly-broken leek back, calm now, getting tired by staying in the air so much, mild poisoning
The_Missing_Link: Nightshade (Alakazam M) - Health 70%, Energy 57% Has quite a few bleeding cuts on him that are healing, losing less energy from the bleeding, the barrier has one more round until it disappears, poisoned
Arena Changes: A thin puddle of toxin remains a few feet away from the water in the left corner of the cavern. Another puddle of toxic is near the right side of the water. A stalactite has fallen from the ceiling and is now impaled in the ground. Now, another puddle of toxin lies on the ground - right in front of Nightshade!

Commands
SneaselReborned: Heck no, I am not posting all of that in here
The_Missing_Link: Ice Punch ~ Thunder Wave ~ Ice Punch

Battle
As this round begins, Hikari is seen flying up in the air, but seems to be having some difficulty with the matter, and is getting tired. Nightshade, on the other hand, stands firmly on the ground, a barrier protecting him from the front, gripping his woundsThe trainers issue commands, and the round commences.

Hikari, leek in his mouth, spots his foe down below, and begins swooping down for a close range attack. While he does this, one of his wings is hardening up, and becoming coated with a thin metal sheet. Nightshade is well aware of the oncoming attack, and pulls back his right arm. It appears to have a blue tint, and an icy mist is falling from it. As Farfetch'd nears, he stops flying and goes into a complete dive, speeding up quickly. He pulls out his metalic wing, preparing to strike his foe. At the same time, Alakazam brings forward his icy fist. In the same moment, the pokemon strike their opponents. Hikari slams Nightshades head with his hard wing, while the psychic pokemon makes contact with the birds stomache, creating an icy patch as it hits. Alakazam falls back upon impact with the birds iron wing, but manages to catch himself with his psychic powers before slamming the ground. Hikari, on the other hand, isn't so lucky, and flys back before crashing to the ground. He gets to his feet only to see that his leek has been completely broken and lies on the ground in front of him. He sighs at the thought of being unable to use his weapon as he rubs his frozen stomache with his wing. Alakazam levitates back onto his feet as well, and rubs a large lump on the side of his head, groaning in pain.

With the recent failure of his last attack, Hikari opts not to attempt another close range attack. He opens his bill, and a small glistening light is seen inside. Alakazam grins, assuming that the dumb bird has forgotten about his Barrier. As Farfetch'd fires off multiple stars, some of them hit the Barrier and burst to nothing. However, in his confidence Nightshade failed to notice that he was disoriented when hit by Hikari's previous attack, and sits so that the wall only covers one side of him. He lets out a cry as the stars slice into his flesh, and his left arm and side, causing it to become even more mangled with blood and cuts. He jumps aside, back behind his protection, and grips his arm, which is limp to his side. In anger he glares at Farfetch'd, who is lauging to himself loudly, and raises one spoon to the air. A series of electromagnetic waves are emited from the spoon, surging through the area. As the waves make contact with the bird, he feels his muscles begining to lock up, making it hard for him to move much. His laughter ceases as he struggles to move. Nightshade smiles, but the happiness is short lived as the pain of his arm kicks in once more. He mutters evil thoughts about the enemy to himself.

The paralyzed bird attempts to flutter into the air to launch an attack, but he is unable to do much, and just as he lifts off the ground his wings lock and he falls back down. Nightshade sees his chance, and moves with some difficulty around his Barrier as he dashes as fast as an Alakazam can go, gripping his arm. As he nears the fallen bird, he makes the mistake of stepping in the puddle of Toxic in front of his barrier. Ignoring this for the moment, he once again surrounds his fist with an icy aura, and slams it into Hikari's back, smashing him against the ground and causing a chunk of ice to form on the impact area. As Alakazam steps back, breathing heavily, he buckles down in pain from the poison surging through his veins, which is getting worse due to time and the further intoxication of his body. Hikari demonstrates a similar motion, faintly crying out in pain. Behind Nightshade, his wall of energy is seen flashing, and then fades away. Thus ends this round. Only time will tell which pokemon will prevail.

Post-Round Status
SneaselReborned: Hikari no Ken (Farfetch'd M) - Health 38%, Energy 50% Leek is completely broken and lies off to the side, has a patch of ice on his stomache and back, lying on the ground, Paralyzed, mildly Poisoned
The_Missing_Link: Nightshade (Alakazam M) - Health 55%, Energy 23% Has even more bleeding cuts, especially on his left arm, that are causing him great pain, has a large bump on his head, very tired, badely Poisoned, Barrier gone
Arena Changes: A thin puddle of toxin remains a few feet away from the water in the left corner of the cavern. Another puddle of toxic is near the right side of the water. A stalactite has fallen from the ceiling and is now impaled in the ground. Yet another small puddle of Toxic behind Nightshade.

Whew, lots of action in that one.

SneaselReborned
26th June 2003, 02:01 PM
Just as good as Psiana, thanks.

Just a discrepancy:

-Why is a flying creature having trouble flying? Its not like it takes any energy.

The_Missing_Link
26th June 2003, 03:42 PM
I believe flying Pokemon have trouble flying when they've been pumping their wings for too long. I think Pokemon with a long wingspan (like Fearow and Pidgeot) have the ability to stay aloft for quite a while while other creatures like Farfetch'd and Pidgey for instance, can only stay in the air for so long before landing on the ground for a bit of a rest. Just my take on it though

Good work Nightshade. You're poisoned and tired, but it has been worth it, has it?

Nightshade- --; You don't know what it feels like to have your arm mangled, do you?

^^; No, I suppose not. Anyway, lets take things easy for a bit. Hikari is down right now, weighed by the ice and paralyzed. I want you to use double team and relax the rest of the round. Getting your energy back is the most important thing to do right now

Double Team~Relax x2

btw Elec, Hikari had his leek broken by Nightshade using psychic on it. Didn't entirely work but it did the job for the most part

SneaselReborned
27th June 2003, 07:08 PM
I need to ask Elec something over AIM, so until he gets on...yeah, I might take a little longer to post attacks, sorry.

Elec Man EXE
29th June 2003, 09:13 AM
Um, we don't seem to be on at the same time very often, so if you have to contact me about something, I would suggest either E-mail or PM.

SneaselReborned
30th June 2003, 12:05 PM
I PMed you, and I'm waiting for a reply.

SneaselReborned
1st July 2003, 11:11 AM
Ah, this is just perfect! The PM has given me a perfect thing to do!

Hikari, its time to inflict severe pain, and maybe even permanent damage (if only this was the PASBL...). Start off by grabbing your leek and then shooting off shurikens of death when Alakazam finishes doubling to get rid of them! Now, since you have your leek, which is in two pieces, hold one in each hand, and go to Alakazam's head and shove both ends into Alakazam's eyes, and continue to push them in. Shove them in so hard Alakazam is blind for now! Elec, you must realize what this means. When doing nothing, he can't counter me! Finally, Hikari, finish this blasted Alakazam off! Let your leek stay in Alakazam's gored eyes, probably bleeding like crazy, and then, if the cuts are still on his left arm, use Steel Wing on them! If they aren't there, then just smash his stomach with a Headbutt!

Pickup Leek and Swift, Shove Leek in Alakazam's eyes HARD, Steel Wing (cuts still there) OR Headbutt [stomach] (cuts are gone)

Bwahahahahah! BLIND ALAKAZAM!!! FEAR MEE!!! BWAHAHAHHAHAHAAAHHAHH!!!! [/psycho madman]

Prodigy
1st July 2003, 11:28 AM
Just because a Pokemon is conserving energy doesn't mean it'll sit motionless while its opponent pokes its eyes out with leeks... it's the same basic survival instinct that tells a Pokemon to move when the Sandslash breaks the ground open, the Rapidash starts charging with its horn spinning, or the Kingler starts positioning those giant claws. Pokemon aren't mindless thralls that won't try to defend themselves against obviously devastating assaults if they're told to relax.

And to think that at the beginning of the battle, you were comparing Farfetch'd's leek to Machop's arm and asking if it was legal to actually break a part of a Pokemon, since "That is kinda cheap".

SneaselReborned
1st July 2003, 11:41 AM
Well, I figure, if Alakazam wants to break my leek, he should suffer >=D. Meh, I dunno if Elec refs like you do (wait...you don't ref :P) but I ref that when relaxing, they do nothing to avoid assaults. Oh, and its time for psycho madman!!

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA! [/psycho madman]

SneaselReborned
8th July 2003, 05:21 PM
Elec, please ref this. >.<

The Dark Master
9th July 2003, 02:41 AM
I'll offer my service as a sub-ref if you wish.

I'v been looking at battles all night and it seems to me Elec isnt paying much attention to his battles but in this case I can finish your battle if you let me, just give me the word and I can ref.

I'v been looking for battles to ref and I havent found much and I would love it if I could do something.

Would you like me to ref?

SneaselReborned
9th July 2003, 11:31 AM
Erm...oke, sure. But, if possible, can I repost attacks b/c I asked Elec some questions about how he refs, and that influenced my attacks this round. So..erm...yeah.

The_Missing_Link
9th July 2003, 11:46 AM
Why should you repost attacks? You got your answers before you posted your recent attacks. I'm sure TDM can read

Sure you can ref. Just read the last 2 pages to get caught up

SneaselReborned
9th July 2003, 11:49 AM
Well, Elec and him ref differently, and my attacks were directly related to the answers I got from Elec via PM. But anyway, if its all set, I'll stop arguing and get ready for a reffing =D.

Yumemiru
12th July 2003, 12:16 AM
<--- Actual sub-ref until a permanent replacement can be found.

I have Carpal Tunnel. My hands/wrists hurt all of the time. =\

First thing's first: After reading all of the past rounds, I'm converting the most recent stats to my own wording, just so they'll fit with my way of doing things better.

Stats for the last round:
Farfetch'd: 38%, moderately fatigued, stomach is frosted, mildly poisoned, paralyzed on the ground, leek is destroyed and out of the picture
Alakazam: 55%, fatigued, badly poisoned, bruised, bleeding, left arm hurts

Now on with the show...

Catching his breath, Nightshade prances from side to side. His image blurs as one becomes three. But he grimaces as a stream of five-pointed stars slam into his gut. Uff. The two faux Kazams disappear in a pop. No real reason to maintain them when you've been found out, eh?

Nightshade nervously watches as Hikari slowly fetches his tattered leek. Then the bird looks at him warily, then with a deep breath comes at him with a war cry. He ignores his pains and jumps onto the Alakazam. But, uh... Nightshade ain't gonna take it. Orders or no, he struggles against the attack and throws the Farfetch'd to the ground. Ooh, that smarts. Hikari remains on the ground, twitching a little and taking deep breaths. Perhaps that wasn't the best idea.

Farfetch'd: 25%, moderately fatigued, breathing hard, stomach is frosted, mildly poisoned, paralyzed on the ground, holding a tattered leek
Alakazam: 38%, fatigued, badly poisoned, bruised, bleeding has almost stopped, left arm hurts

SneaselReborned
12th July 2003, 12:53 AM
C'mon Hikari, we can't fall to this Alakazam! Keep up the good work, and lead the way for our next combatant to rule!

This round we do not have all to much to do. Hope for the best, and try your hardest. Embedd your shurikens into that Alakazam's flesh, hopefully aiming for where the bleeding cuts were to cause added pain. If Alakazam grabs you and holds you, Flail around. If you manage to get into the air, keep blasting Alakazam with Gusts and Razor Winds. Try your hardest, and do your best. Keep at it Hikari! Win or loss, you still did grand, and taking a full evolution down to 38% and probably less is superb!

Swift, Flail, or Gust/Razor Wind the entire round

XD weirdo attacks again! go me!

The_Missing_Link
12th July 2003, 01:02 AM
Nightshade- He's a ruddy psychopath O_o

Don't worry Nightshade. We'll take him out soon enough. Now, give him a good ice punch to the wings, either one will do, and with your good arm of course. If he's up in the air while doing swift, then use psybeam instead. Then psychic him into the wall as hard as you can, twice. Hopefully that'll take him out

Ice Punch/Psybeam~Psychic x2

SneaselReborned
12th July 2003, 01:08 AM
:o That Alakazam just called me a psychopath :o

What's this world coming to? ~_~

Yumemiru
12th July 2003, 12:14 PM
:remembers AIM convo:

Metal, do you always ask so many questions after each reffing? x_X

By the way, have you seen Swift in the animé? The stars are big a kinda dull. And they travel in a straight line.

Farfetch'd: 25%, moderately fatigued, breathing hard, stomach is frosted, mildly poisoned, paralyzed on the ground, holding a tattered leek
Alakazam: 38%, fatigued, badly poisoned, bruised, bleeding has almost stopped, left arm hurts

Nightshade's right fist glows blue as he raises it. He sends it home on the grounded bird. Hikari shrieks in pain. Gasping for breath, he chokes and sputters as he manages to turn and throw out another stream of stars. Nightshade is knocked back and away from the downed Farfetch'd, but he doesn't fall.

Hikari tries to get up, but the weight of the ice and his muscles' lack of cooperation aren't helping. But suddenly he begins to glow a faint blue, and some unseen force lifts him into the air. Realizing what this means, Hikari finds somes inner strength and fights Nightshade's mental hold on him. His efforts pay off as Nightshade loses his grip, letting Hikari fall back down to the ground. However, Nightshade's not about to give up yet. he tries once more and wearily lifts the bird up via telekinesis. Hikari wants to struggle his way out, but his body just isn't letting him. He squawks frantically as he is sent flying toward the cave wall. SMACK. The Farfetch'd remains splayed out against the wall for a moment, then slides down to a crumbled heap. He doesn't get back up.

Current stats:
Farfetch'd: KO'd
Alakazam: 24%, greatly fatigued, badly poisoned, bruised, bleeding has stopped, left arm hurts

Hikari is unable to continue battling. SneaselReborned must choose his next combatant. Order:

SneaselReborned chooses pokémon.
The_Missing_Link attacks.
SneaselReborned attacks.

SneaselReborned
12th July 2003, 12:22 PM
Good run Hikari! You did awesome! Taking down a fully evolved enemy to 24% is superb! Keep it up! However, now it is time for another combatant to enter the field.

*recalls the toasted duck*

*sleek snake emerges from pokeball*

Voronwer, the male Dragonair is ready battle.

BTW, thanks for reffing ASHarris.

The_Missing_Link
12th July 2003, 03:39 PM
Fantastic Nightshade. You might put shame to us with your idiotic ways but you're still one of our top battlers

Nightshade- I don't know whether to be flattered or not O-o

Anyway, we're up against a Dragonair. Devilish creatures they are, mighty tricky. That's why I want you to put up a good reflect first. Then give him a good psybeam and finally use a wide confusion if you can

Reflect~Psybeam~Confusion

SneaselReborned
12th July 2003, 06:23 PM
My guess is that this reflect is the wall type, right? Erm...right.

Voronwer, must hold the fort for our next combatant. Alakazam is terribly fatigued, so his reflect shield is going to be slow and independable. However, we don't even need to both with it, no? If there is a stalagtite (or was it a stalagmite? I mean the ones that come from the top of caves><) on top of Alakazam, then dash up and dislodge it with a Horn Drill so that it smashes into Alakazam. Because the reflect shield is not a dome, we should be able to hit it. If there is no stalagtite/mite above Nightshade, use an ExtremeSpeed to hit him from behind. However, if the shield turns out to be the dome type, then hit Alakazam with a Flamethrower. If Alakazam has fallen, then just relax. However, if Alakazam is still up, slam him with an Iron Tail! If he still hasn't fallen yet, use a Dragonbreath! Cmon Voronwer, you can do this!

Horn Drill (Stalagtite/mite) or Extreme Speed or Flamethrower ~ Iron Tail ~ Dragonbreath

Good luck Voronwer.

SneaselReborned
13th July 2003, 11:27 AM
Extra! Extra! Read all about it! I'm going to be away for a little bit! Check out the absense tower for more details! Yay for me! Go me! Bum bum bum baa! Bum baaa!

SneaselReborned
22nd July 2003, 04:02 PM
Sub-ref...please? ;_;

ASHarris is out (I think), soooooo...is there anybody out there who cares enough to ref this battle?

Discothéque
26th July 2003, 02:49 PM
Upon request of Rebecca, I shall sub-ref until ASHarris can come back as your ref.

And Meta, it's a stalactite that hangs from the ceiling of caverns.

~

SneaselReborned vs The_Missing_Link

Voronwer - Dragonair [M] ~ Nightshade - Alakazam [M]

Vonronwer - Dragonair [M]: 100% Energy, 100% Health: Fine

Nightshade - Alakazam [M]: Energy Level Unknown (Extreme Fatigue), 24% Health: Badly poisoned, bruised, bleeding has stopped, left arm hurts

Begin!

Despite being as tired as he was, the pain of toxin gnawing away at his insides, the sly Alakazam tried his best to stay on his feet. Stumbling lightly, he growled to show he was determined, then raised his right arm and seemed to mime. Running his hand across an invisible shield, something began to glow, the air right infront of him. It shined with brilliance, and Nightshade couldn't fight the grin on his face. He was growing even more tired by the seconds, but kept up, admiring the glittering shield proudly. Counting on it to protect him through psychical blows, he glanced around, noticing there was nothing nearby. Where had his new opponent gone to?

Peering down with a sadistic gleam within his eyes, Voronwer had coiled his slender body around a stalactite, and the small horn on his forehead began to whir violently. Chipping away at the strong base of the rock clinging desperately onto the ceiling, it creaked and rocked back and forth slowly, showing signs of giving away. The cunning Dragonair continued to drill at it, until a loud popping sound was heard. Hurrying to let loose, the thin Dragonair hovered in the air, flicking about his tail in a confident manner.

It sped to the ground, tumbling dangerously through the air, and towards the Alakazam. By the time he looked up, it was far too late to even attempt to scurry away from rock fixture. The thickest part of the stalactite slammed into Nightshade's back, crushing him under it's weight. For a moment, there was a weak struggle, and this continued. He tried to desperately to get away, and actually managed to escape from beneath it, and stood shakily.

Nightshade teetered back and forth, then his eyes began to glow a faint purple, attempting to muster up enough power to release a beam of psychic energy. But his lack of what he desired to create slowed him down greatly, and that gave enough time for Voronwer to dart over to him.

The dragon's tail turned completely silver, and it clanked when it hit against a few stalagmite. Before he passed out, the last thing Nightshade saw a flash of metallic shine, and a weak purple beam soaring towards his foe.

End round!

Voronwer - Dragonair [M]: 93% Energy, 95% Health: Perfectly fine, happy

Nightshade - Alakazam [M]: Fainted

~

TML chooses
SneaselReborned attacks
TML attacks

The_Missing_Link
27th July 2003, 09:14 PM
Actually, I was hoping you would be our permanent subbie since the other Amanda was a temporary sub ref

Fantastic job Nightshade. I'm terribly proud of you. Now we can finish Voronwer off

This one has helped me out in tight situations. I choose Ares! (male Gengar)

SneaselReborned
30th July 2003, 08:41 PM
Hm, it seems our next opponent is a shade. Hopefully we can win this, if not, you did well.

Voronwer, it seems our opponent has forgotten that the arena is pure and divine, therefore the ghostly gengar will have quite a tough time. Hopefully he will be heavily tortured by the good chi around the area, and possibly bound into the physical realm! Good, yes, that is good! Grab the opportunity Voronwer!

Begin with a Safeguard for good measure, and to protect you from the devilish stuff Ares might try to pull out...that is, if he is done freaking out at the angels XD. Thats just funny to me. AhhhH! Its an angel! XDXDXD. Afterwards, if Ares is locked into the physical realm, use your little Horn Drill trick you used on Nightshade. However, if you cannot use it or Ares is not locked into the physical world, use a nice burning Flamethrower. Hopefully Ares will be locked into the physical realm and all tortured and stuff, so take him out with a Thunderbolt! Let there be light! If you don't have to use an action to do so, light your orb with holy light and stuff to let there be more light and all to add to the holyness. Last thing is that if Ares uses Hypnosis, don't look at it and use ExtremeSpeed to get out of range and stuff. And then just cut off the Thunderbolt at the end and do that. If he uses it twice, just cut off the last action. Cmon Voronwer!

Safeguard, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt
If Hypnosis is used, use Extreme Speed to get out of range and forgot using the last action of the set (i.e. if used on first action, new commands are extremespeed out of range, safeguard, flamethrower)

The_Missing_Link
30th July 2003, 08:51 PM
I had a bad feeling before and I forgot about the restrictions so that hinders me a bit. Doesn't mean I'm going to lose though

Well Ares. We can't use ghost moves but luckily enough, you have a wide variety of attacks to perform. First, while Voronwer puts up that petty safeguard, use a psychic to throw him into a stalagtite or a wall, whichever pleases you the most. Then make a nice double team to evade the horn drill or whatever your opponent plans to do. Make it wide and possibly position the clones around Voronwer if you can. Finally, give him a nice ice punch. It won't freeze him but the damage is a nice substitute

Psychic~Double Team~Ice Punch

Discothéque
30th July 2003, 09:36 PM
SneaselReborned vs T_M_L

Voronwer - Dragonair [M] vs Ares - Gengar [M]

Voronwer - Dragonair [M]: 93% Energy, 95% Health: Perfectly fine, happy

Ares - Gengar [M]: 100% Energy, 100% Health: Fine

Begin!

Upon being released in the magical cavern, Ares shuddered, feeling his powers locked and limited even as he merely stood there. His body became heavy and solid, locked inside his psysical form and unable to escape it, shifting oddly at adjusting from being able to become light weight and able to phaze at will. Sighing, he actually felt somewhat depressed at this thought, not liking it one bit.

Grinning smugly, Voronwer landed on the ground with a soft patting sound, then coiled his tail to be almost as if a spring. His long, slender tail flicked to the left, then flicked to the right, and this process continued. He seemed to be confident, then settled happily as the stars whirred and buzzed, snowy white and glinting as they turned 'round and 'round, shimmering. Suddenly, they disappeared, but their essence lingered inside of the Dragonair, and were meant to protect the dragonic creature.

Still attempting to get used to his psysical form, Ares wandered forward, his eyes glowing violet with pure energy. The same shimmer surrounded Voronwer, then lifted him in the air with quick speed, and as he was about to be slammed into the wall, the psychic gripped fail. Thumping on the ground, Voronwer winced, a red bruise forming on the side of his face and on his underbelly, his skin was scraped and scratched up from the fall. Growling a bit, he pushed himself off from the ground, then swayed a bit.

Whining, Ares felt the energy of the caverns burning at his deep purple flesh, not liking the fact of being locked within the magical arena. Voronwer snarled, flicking his tail once more, then hovered back into the air floating with his own magical energy. Floating around a stalactite, the small horn on the Dragonair's forhead began to spin insanely again, then he drilled at the hard rock formation on the ceiling. The base of it wobbled back and forth, nearly falling from the ceiling sooner than thought, but it continued to linger.

Sighing deeply, the Gengar closed his eyes, then began to blur a bit. He had to focus on creating multiples of himself, and three images of him appeared. Less than he would have hoped, actually, as the trio of clones stood around, trying to mimic Ares' actions. Falling from the ceiling, the stalactite crushed the Gengar under it's immense weight, and took down another with it. But they both broke into shards, scattering on the ground then disappeared as quickly as they had begun to exist. Ares shrugged, then glanced over at his mirror image, then attempted to surround the Dragonair.

Quickly, Voronwer crackled with electric energy, which intensely sparked and flicked down on the floor, lighting the somewhat dark arena despite the small size of them. The Dragonair loomed over Ares, then a bolt of electric shot down, engulfing a Gengar within it's pulsing wrath. Surprisingly, it didn't burst into pieces, and a shrill scream was heard, echoing through the cavern.

After the electric disappeared, Ares growled, a bit of smoke coming from his spikey back which had been charred. Fists glowing with icy blue colouring, ice flicked off from them and landed on the ground, creating slippery spots on the rock flooring. Slowly he closed his eyes, than began to hover in the air, before rising slowly. Voronwer blinked with a slightly puzzled expression, then was hit with a full on punch on his face, causing the already visible bruise to become larger. Shrieking, the dragon twist and turned, a thin plate of ice gathering over his cheek, but then disappeared as quickly as it came. Ares however merely floated back to the ground.

End round!

Voronwer - Dragonair [M]: 80% Energy, 79% Health: Bruise on the side of his head, underbelly scraped
Safeguard surrounding him for four rounds

Ares - Gengar [M]: 88% Energy, 90% Health: Back charred, trapped in his physical form, annoyed by his opponent and the arena
One mirror image left

Edit .:. Fixed reffing error

SneaselReborned
30th July 2003, 09:47 PM
I'm guessing that the extra clone is a mistake. Shouldn't that have disappeared after the real Gengar had been hit? Meh, I'm only going by what ASHarris said in the reffing tower tho :\.

The_Missing_Link
31st July 2003, 10:37 AM
I don't see why it would disappear. If nothing penetrated it, I think it would still be there

I'm sorry I did this to you Ares. Perhaps you'll feel a bit better after a few rounds after adapting. First, use a haze to cover yourself well. Then use a widespread psychic wave. Don't grab her with the psychic but use it as a wave to hit her full on. Finally, use a metronome. I want to see what comes up this round

Haze~Psychic~Metronome

Discothéque
2nd August 2003, 11:06 AM
Well, I suppose it could go either way, depending on which way the ref views the images to be, or believes what the attack is.

However I do think it should stay there, but I will ask one of the mods later to see what they say about the attack.

This battle will continue now however, and of course Meta, it's your turn to post. ^_^

Charizard04621
2nd August 2003, 11:11 PM
Double Team images don't disappear unless the user ceases to concentrate on keeping them up. In the case of Skiploom and Alakazam, when the real users were hit, the hits were vicious and very distracting, causing them to lose focus. If the user is hit significantly hard enough for it to lose concentration on maintaining its Double Team images, then yes, the clones would disappear, but it wouldn't happen with just any little hit. Just thought I'd pop in to say that.

SneaselReborned
3rd August 2003, 12:02 AM
Perfect Voronwer! That Gengar is sooo not in his environment, and no adjustment will stop him from finding resistance futile. He is dark, the arena is light, as are you! Finish him!

After he brings up a mystical mistyness shield or whatever, clear it away with an Twister, and hopefully take out the clone and/or hit gengar hard enough to get rid of the clone. Either way, it's all good. Now that the haze is cleared, we can exploit a little thing called "stuck in physical form". If the clone still stand's, which wouldn't be too likely, then just keep up the assault with Flamethrower and Thunderbolt. However, if the clone has not withstood the assault, which I highly believe is what will happen, its time to unleash one of the strongest combos a Dragonair can do. Bodyblow! Of course, if somehow he is not trapped in physical form anymore, just use flamethrower and thunderbolt like otherwise planned.

Twister, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt / Bodyblow

Bodyblow formula
Wrap + Outrage, user gets hooked onto the opponent and unleashes true thrashing draconic fury with outrage at point blank range while maintaining a tight grip onto the opponent

BTW, thanks for the info Char, I learned something new today =D.

Discothéque
6th August 2003, 11:51 AM
SneaselReborned vs T_M_L

Voronwer - Dragonair [M]: 80% Energy, 79% Health: Bruise on the side of his head, underbelly scraped
Safeguard surrounding him for four rounds

Ares - Gengar [M]: 88% Energy, 90% Health: Back charred, trapped in his physical form, annoyed by his opponent and the arena
One mirror image left

Begin!

The two battlers do doing as quickly as the battle began, and instead hang back, preparing their attacks. Ares manages to gather up the needs for his attack first, and the air gets coated with thick fog, so dense and almost looking like smoke. On the opposite side, near the ceiling, a slight choking cough comes, but then there is silence after that.

Ares, now becoming a bit alarmed that no attack was coming, stayed to back and attempted to see through the fog. He had no other wordly abilities aside from his floating, so infront of him he noticed nothing. Then the haze began to pull towards where Voronwer remained, and a massive pink funnel appeared, swirling and roaring as it destroyed the fog within it's path.

Nearby, the image of the Gengar shattered in pieces, falling harmlessly to the cold ground then disappearing from sight. Ares shifted his gaze to where his clone once stood, then suddenly got drawn into the magneta tornado. He was tossed around a bit, then was slammed onto the floor, but came out with just a few scratches. The tornado continued on it's path, getting rid of the haze until it came to a wall, then the dragonic energy of it died.

Voronwer eyed Ares, whom did the same except far more wearily. The dragon coiled and slowly slithered against the ground, obviously having a dangerous plan gathering within his mind. Swift were his movements, bright eyes gleaming with over confidence. Ares pointed his hands towards the Dragonair, then closed his eyes, before snapping them open now glazed with violet. Nearly invisible waves rippled through the air, then crashed into Voronwer, sending the blue dragon reeling from the blow. He recovered in a few seconds, then managed to quickly make his way back to Ares.

Lunging towards the Gengar, Voronwer wrapped his thin body around his ghostly opponent, squeezing tightly before not moving any longer. A brilliant glow surrounds the Dragonair, a faint golden shimmer dancing around him. Suddenly he began to thrash about, slamming the Gengar and himself onto the ground, snarling shortly and twisting around, not letting his grip slip. Ares winced as he was beaten against the group, his foe thrashing madly.

Then in a last attempt, he began to wave his fingers the best he could, attempting to summon a random attack to aid him. It seemed it did nothing as Voronwer continued to thrash him around, but then metallic shine came from Ares. Mainly spikes came from his body, some lodging into Voronwer's flesh, causing the Dragonair to wail a bit. The rest landed on the ground and stayed put, shining brilliantly, as Voronwer winced at the spikes stuck in his skin.

End round!

Voronwer - Dragonair [M]: 71% Energy, 68% Health: Bruise on the side of his head, underbelly scraped, various scratches on his skin, a few spikes lodged into his body
Safeguard surrounding him for three rounds

Ares - Gengar [M]: 79% Energy, 74% Health: Back charred, trapped in his physical form, has a few scratches, aching from being thrashed around

SneaselReborned
6th August 2003, 09:41 PM
Hmm, I would have expected much more. Could you please explain to me your damage calculations? 9% damage was dealt to Gengar. I'm guessing the Twister did about 3%. You're telling me a point blank wrap + outrage combo only dealt 6% damage to a Gengar? Ghosts should take even MORE from physical attacks when they do get hit, because they rarely get hit and they are not used to it. I would rather this issue be resolved before I post attacks. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Discothéque
6th August 2003, 09:47 PM
Sorry, I hadn't combined the damage correctly, so I'll get to fixing that. ^_^;

I'm sorry to both battlers for the errors.

The_Missing_Link
6th August 2003, 09:49 PM
Ghosts getting hit from attacks that usually don't do damage to them should do more because they haven't felt the pain before? That's just pure crap. Honestly, how the hell is Voronwer used to spikes and a psychic? I surely don't know and I expected more damage also since continual damage is still embedded in his body but I'm not complaining that much. Honestly, your complaints are an eye sore sometimes

SneaselReborned
6th August 2003, 10:18 PM
I feel so stupid right now. I was looking at teh Energy count as the Health count. Really, the 16% seems right to me. I was thinking 9 was waaaaay too low.

Anyway, time to get cracking on the attack commands. STAY TO THE SKIES! Dont go to the ground XD. Continually taunt and make him abandon all mental work. Shake your body out and taunt him by wagging it at him more, and dislodge the spikes as well, you know, make him very angry, maybe even by letting the spikes smash him. Now he'll be so angry he can't do anything mental, and he'll just run at you and try to pound you with a physical assault. Of course, this probably isn't the smartest of things to do, but he'll be so angry. CHances are the holy arena will disable flight as well, so he'll be stuck on teh ground waving his fist madly at you, maybe trying to scale the walls. If this happens blast him from afar with fire and then fry him with electricity. If he is somehow able to fly, when he comes at you smash him with a Horn Drill to gore a hole in his body, and then run away, maybe tossing a Toxic into the gored hole on your way of dodging. Finally, if somehow the Swagger doesn't work like planned, just use fire and electricity in a fury.

Swagger ~ Plan A/Plan B/Plan C

Plan A (Ares is grounded and is in a rage, unable to attack with mental and just trying to pound you)
Flamethrower ~ Thunderbolt

Plan B (Ares is in a rage and is trying to pound you and can somehow fly)
Horn Drill ~ run away and throw toxic into wound as you leave

Plan C (Ares somehow isn't effected by the Swagger...odd)
Flamethrower ~ Thunderbolt

Good luck Voronwer...

Yeah, basically Swagger is a constant, the three plans are variables.

BTW, i'd just like to say sorry to psianna and tml for arguing.

The_Missing_Link
6th August 2003, 10:29 PM
I don't see why you should be terribly angry Ares, do you?

Ares- No, not really

Exactly. Now, this should be fun as he doesn't know you can really float. The arena said nothing about ghosts not being able to float so you still have something on your side. Now, use another haze to block the swagger. Also try to remember where Voronwer is because most likely, he won't be moving from his space since you won't attack him. Now, use a psychic wave to hurt him good. Luckily, Plan C will be in effect and he won't know where you are so his attacks are going to be a shot in the dark. By now, the haze will probably have faded away a bit so get him with an ice punch. Now, if somehow you're unable to float (although I heard otherwise from the ref), then use a strength to rip of a nice sized stalagmite and throw it at Voronwer

Haze~Psychic~Ice Punch/Strength

Discothéque
7th August 2003, 11:21 AM
SneaselReborned vs T_M_L

Voronwer - Dragonair [M]: 71% Energy, 68% Health: Bruise on the side of his head, underbelly scraped, various scratches on his skin, a few spikes lodged into his body
Safeguard surrounding him for three rounds

Ares - Gengar [M]: 79% Energy, 74% Health: Back charred, trapped in his physical form, has a few scratches, aching from being thrashed around

Begin!

As soon as the flag was waved summoning the beginning of the round, Voronwer chirped tauntingly and hovered into the air, peering smugly down towards Ares. However the Gengar did not really pay attention and glanced up as his opponent, then took a single step back. He stopped looking upwards and began to hum softly, a mist surrounding the walls, then becoming extremely foggy within a few seconds.

Poor little Voronwer seemed puzzled, then began to shout out blind insults, not exactly knowing where his foe was. However, the words echoed, and he thought that his opponent must hear him. The fog cut out some of the words, but the longer he went on, the louder Voronwer taunted. He squirmed around a bit, but upon noticing that the Gengar couldn't look up to him, stopped. The good news however was that he dislodged the few spikes burrowed loosely within his skin during that short period of time.

Unable to see if his efforts of insult to add to injury had worked, he noticed the milky violet haze becoming slightly thinner, enough to notice if his attack worked. And with that he noticed Ares stomping his feet on the ground and acting like a little child, an angered crimson on his face. His insults had been successful, but he was now fearing a bit from the insane rage that showed in the Gengar's eyes.

In anger Ares raised his hands, eyes becoming deep purple as to block out any colour that shown, then invisible waves wippled the air once more. They sped towards the dragon, then slowed before they reached, engulfing the dragonic creature within it's psychic fury. He was slammed against the wall and released a wince, then peeled himself from the wall and noticed that Ares was floating towards him.

Growling, Voronwer lunged forward, the small horn on his forehead spinning about madly. A drilling sound echoed through the air as he nailed Ares' stomach, the Gengar tumbling through the air and groaning a bit at the injury. A hole had been gored within his stomach, but ghosts didn't bleed, so he showed no worry expression on his face. Instead it was an angry sneer, only wanting to cause harm to Voronwer at this moment.

Turning to flee, the Dragonair quickly turned and sprayed a toxin from within his mouth, the poisonous violet glob going right into the gored hole within Ares' stomach. The Gengar stayed perfectly calm, the toxin merely adding in with his type. He floated swiftly towards Voronwer, fists glowing pale blue, but the Dragonair continued in attempted flee. But he failed, and winced as he felt his backside being punched by the intense cold, shivering.

Confusedly, Ares felt himself being pulled to the floor, as if some force was beckoning him to it. He blinked as he reached the earth, then looked around. Voronwer was recovering in the sky, staring down towards the Gengar.

End round!

Voronwer - Dragonair [M]: 59% Energy, 56% Health: Bruise on the side of his head, underbelly scraped, various scratches on his skin, cold
Safeguard surrounding him for two rounds

Ares - Gengar [M]: 65% Energy, 63% Health: Back charred, trapped in his physical form, has a few scratches, aching from being thrashed around, enraged, hole gored in stomach
Grounded for next one round

Prodigy
7th August 2003, 11:30 AM
Gengar's Ghost/Poison.. he should be immune to Toxic.

EDIT: Don't worry, everyone makes mistakes. ^_^

Discothéque
7th August 2003, 11:33 AM
*looks a PokeDex*

*slaps forehead*

I'll get to fixing that. ._.; Sorry to everyone for my stupid little mistakes.

The_Missing_Link
7th August 2003, 11:47 AM
Ok Ares, we're going to try something different. Put up a substitute, around 10%. That should protect you from some attacks. Then use a metronome to mix things up some more and finally use sludge bomb (which Ares can use courtesy of R/S) to get Voronwer good

Substitute (10%)~Metronome~Sludge Bomb

SneaselReborned
7th August 2003, 06:13 PM
Damn, this Gengar is good. Then again, we are better.

Wait until Gengar has pulled off his Substitute (or if you can't tell until you think he has) and get in there and grab Gengar...or at least what you think is Gengar, which is really the substitute. Wrap it or something, just grab it and go back into the air, actually high into the air. Use Gengar's Substitute to block whatever attacks he manages to throw at you, and make sure you don't get hit in the process. Evilish, isn't it? Yes, T_M_L knows this strategy, because she reffed it when DRWS used it against me. Then, whenever you have time just blast down at the ghost with electricity to crisp him. Of course, if it seems necesarry, protect from explosion or selfdestruct...duh...

Yes, the ref has told me that this type of thing CAN be used according to the way she refs Substitute...

Wrap [Substitute], Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt
Substitute in Protect to defend against explosions and selfdestructs

Discothéque
11th August 2003, 05:41 PM
SneaselReborned vs T_M_L

Voronwer vs Ares

Voronwer - Dragonair [M]: 59% Energy, 56% Health: Bruise on the side of his head, underbelly scraped, various scratches on his skin, cold
Safeguard surrounding him for two rounds

Ares - Gengar [M]: 65% Energy, 63% Health: Back charred, trapped in his physical form, has a few scratches, aching from being thrashed around, enraged, hole gored in stomach
Grounded for next one round

Begin!

Swaying back and forth, Ares seemed thoughtful, eyes glinting with a hint of confidence as he said nothing, merely continued his dance like motions. Then he stopped completely, much to the puzzlement of Voronwer, who arched a brow in confusion towards the motionless Gengar. Why, exactly, would he not move, despite what he could possibly do?

Shrugging somewhat when told to wrap his slender body around the ghostly creature, he seemed slightly worried about what exactly could happen after that action. But instead, he shook off the feeling, then drifted down and coiled his tail around the Gengar. He couldn't help but notice Ares seemed oddly soft, and with a slightly confused look in his eyes, floated back into the sky. Very high, actually.

Now it was the dragon's turn to seem confident in what he was doing; fake Ares was in his tight grasp, and he felt as if he could take on anything and come out okay. So, with that feeling of being secure deeply in tact, he began his next plan of attack. Electric energy danced about him once more, blinding with it's golden glow, enchanting yet dangerous. He peered towards Ares, who came back out from hiding due to the disappearing body double, and despite this has calmed down from the previous round.

The bolt of lightning was forming, but Ares planned to mix things up by waving his fingers about. His angry sneer had been replaced by a smug grin, just hoping he'd get something that would help him and not hurt him.

Quickly, the lightning shot through the sky, ripping with no mercy through the air. Ares blinked a few times, then began to spin swiftly, rotating faster and faster. Voronwer wasn't expecting that to come, and sighed angerily as the electric pulses got reflected and faded harmlessly upon ramming into the wall.

Going once more with his assault of electric, Voronwer glowed brilliantly once more, while Ares merely continued to smirk. His chi enhanced greatly, he cupped his hands together, then opened them up to reveal the palm. Toxin began to rise up from his skin, hissing as it did so and molded itself into an orb. It grew bigger, and with the added size, became more dangerous than it was before.

Both attacks were fired at the same time. And they seemed to hit in unison, also. Ares began to spark with electric energy, while Voronwer attempted desperately to stop the poison attack with the stolen fake Gengar. However, as most of the poison attack hit it, the now somewhat limp doll slipped from Voronwer's grasp, and a few drops of toxin sizzled on the Dragonair's skin.

As the round was drawing to an end, Ares suddenly felt so... free. As if the holy grip of the arena had let him go. He felt like himself.

End round!

Voronwer - Dragonair [M]: 46% Energy, 52% Health: Bruise on the side of his head, underbelly scraped, various scratches on his skin, cold
Safeguard surrounding him for one round

Ares - Gengar [M]: 54% Energy, 48% Health: Back charred, has a few scratches, hole gored in stomach
Will be able to float for six rounds
Will be free from psychical form for two rounds
Substitute: 2% Health

SneaselReborned
13th August 2003, 01:43 AM
Odd, it appears that Thunderbolt did minimal damage. And it seems Sludge Bomb did maximum. Hm, 6 rounds of flight and 2 of ethereal. Darn, those dice seem to hate me, don't they? Of course, we can cope.

Now, I suppose its time to issue some attacks. Break the substitute with your elemental fury, and then issue out sonic torture upon the ghost's mind as well as ring around the cavern and redoing the torture all over again. Ice Beam and Supersonic! Of course, if Ice Beam doesn't seem very suitable for the situation use a nice spread Icy Wind. Both should easily be able to break a 2% substitute. After Gengar's mind is nice and trashed and his concentration is absolutely nil inflict burning wounds onto his body with flames. If he tries to put you to sleep, do whatever you need to do to avoid it. Move all actions to the right one as well as to disregard the flamethrower in the case of a Hypnosis before the third action. As always, the whole protect explosion and SDestruct is in effect.

Ice Beam/Icy Wind, Supersonic, Flamethrower
Substitutions:
Hypnosis ----> avoid at all costs, if needed move all actions to the right one space (i.e for one hypnosis disregard fthrower)
Explosion/SelfDestruct ----> Protect, possibly dive into water to escape blast

The_Missing_Link
13th August 2003, 06:29 PM
Ok Ares, this round will be nice and simple, as usual of course

While he destroys your sub, nail him with an ice punch. Try to do it at an angle in which he can't get you with his ice beam/icy wind. Then get him really pissed off with a swagger. Make him burn energy and attack you recklessly. Of course, you're in your ethereal form so any physical attacks will be fruitless. Finally, get him again with an ice punch. If the flamethrower hits you, that's fine. He'll be wasting most of the energy this round anyway and the ice punches should do some good damage

Ice Punch~Swagger~Ice Punch

Discothéque
20th August 2003, 03:56 PM
Ack! I'm so sorry guys. X_x I've been really busy lately.

SneaselReborned vs T_M_L

Voronwer vs Ares

Voronwer - Dragonair [M]: 46% Energy, 52% Health: Bruise on the side of his head, underbelly scraped, various scratches on his skin, cold
Safeguard surrounding him for one round

Ares - Gengar [M]: 54% Energy, 48% Health: Back charred, has a few scratches, hole gored in stomach
Will be able to float for six rounds
Will be free from psychical form for two rounds
Substitute: 2% Health

Begin!

Voronwer grimaced; it seemed that the arena wasn't being too kind from him, and now Ares wore perhaps the most smug smirk that could ever exist. The dragon scoffed and reclined into the shadows of the ceiling, hovering and staying cloaked by the darkness. He focused on his ghostly opponent, then raised a brow, before glowing blue. The air around him seemed to freeze, and the vapor within it created small shards that crashed onto the floor.

Slowly he opened his mouth, then unleashed full iced fury in the form of a beam, which came madly upon the fake Gengar. It shattered in pieces, and lied there, before slowly sinking into the ground and no longer existing. Voronwer smirked proudly, then shivered; he felt a sudden rush of coldness near him, then shrieked when ice covered fists collided with his sides. Ares floated nearby, fists going back to the normal colour, then he smiled as his Dragonair opponent shivered.

At the same time they went for their next actions. Ares began to shout furious insults, while Voronwer emitted brain shattering screeching sound waves. It almost seemed that the two voided the effects of the other, as both appeared to be perfectly fine whenever the mind numbing sounds had disappeared. Snapping a glare, Voronwer cried in frustration.

Lunging forward, a funnel of whirling flames was released, the searing beam engulfing the ghostly Ares. The Dragonair near the other side glew red as he continued to spew out the burning flames, which showed no signs of stopping for the next few moments. Wincing from inside of them, Ares continued to make his way through, some of the flames burning against his side.

Pulling back his fist, it crackled with ice energy, then crashed forward, sending the blow directly on Voronwer's skull. The dragon whined softly, then shook his head, finally ending the attack of flames.

The mythical force surrounding Voronwer suddenly fled from his body, leaving the dragon vunerable.

End round!

Voroner - Dragonair [M]: 34% Energy, 36% Health: Bruise on the side of his head, underbelly scraped, various scratches on his skin, really cold

Ares - Gengar [M]: 41% Energy, 42% Health: Back charred, hole gored in stomach
Will be able to float for five rounds
Will be free from psychical form for one round

The_Missing_Link
20th August 2003, 05:04 PM
Ok Ares, give Voronwer a widespread double team. You'll still be up in the air so spread them out so all of them circle Voron evenly. Then attack with a psychic wave, not a controlling psychic. Finally, go for an ice punch

Double Team (Widespread)~Psychic~Ice Punch

SneaselReborned
24th August 2003, 12:12 AM
Just to note: I haven't forgotten this, I'm just very busy atm getting ready for school. Attacks might be up tomorrow, sorry!

The_Missing_Link
30th August 2003, 11:48 AM
You had your chance to post last night but I suppose a non-badge battle was more important than this one. After you replied to that, you proceeded to sit in ASB for at least 30 minutes, time that could've easily been spent thinking up an attack post and then replying

*recalls Ares and walks away* Perhaps another time, Meta

Gengar's Shadow
1st September 2003, 12:23 AM
Egads, there was a post in the Absense Tower! No, I was not on for half an hour. Maybe I left the IE window open or something, but within a few minutes of me getting on, I was forced to leave. If you would allow me, my attacks:

Voronwer, put up a smallish-medium substitute, roughly 10-15% health in it, and leave it hanging in the air (if possible). If you cannot, deal with it and let the Substitute confuse Gengar into surround it instead of you! Then, from your aerial position, let down a shower of shurikens to shatter the clones of Gengar. Because his body doesn't give off too much heat, go for more of a barrage of tons of aimed blasts, hopefully because Gengar is concentrating he won't be moving enough to dodge. As Gengar finishes off your body double with his punch of ice, try your hardest and freeze Gengar's body over with a blast of freezing shards!

Substitute (10-15%), Aerial Swift, Blizzard

Good luck.

However, in the occassion that TML decides to DQ me anyway, just realize you had a good fight, and you did well. Its a shame that we never got to finish it, but it was not bad anyway. Good work Voronwer.

The_Missing_Link
1st September 2003, 11:14 AM
In regular battles, I am willing to let the battle go on. In GL battles, I'm not. You posted attacks in one battle and it was not this one. If you wanted to become a GL badly enough, this would've been the topic in which you would've posted attacks. I'm sorry Meta but the battle is over

Gengar's Shadow
9th September 2003, 11:14 PM
More seeing of the this post...:\ i hate when my compy doesn't allow me to log out of my bro's account...tho then again, it hasn't allowed me to ever...meh..

Right, back onto subject. Is it just me, or are you not allowed to DQ me? Considering that DQ usually starts at the time when the user is "back" (which, as you may know, is not always the time when the user makes a single post). Even IF you count making a post as being in DQ, I still think I would make the 5 Day DQ time stated in this match.

If I could, is it possible for a mod to view this match and deem something? I just cant help but think that I should still get a change to keep going considering that I DID have a post in the Absense Tower and that usually means that the match is on hold.

*puts out hand*

*waves for a mod to look at match*

Charizard04621
10th September 2003, 04:17 PM
People are technically allowed to DQ you even if you announce that you're going on vacation... People just don't tend to do that because they're nice. So no, you can't declare Away status to protect yourself from DQ. The declaration of Away status is just a request for your opponent not to DQ you. The opponent can choose to grant that request or ignore it.

TML provided a very valid point, anyway.

"You posted attacks in one battle and it was not this one. If you wanted to become a GL badly enough, this would've been the topic in which you would've posted attacks."

You had the time to post in this battle, and you ignored this battle in favor of another.

TML's DQ is, and always has been, completely legal. Give it up... This battle ended some time ago.