PDA

View Full Version : did ash geta message?

majinvegita1487
5th June 2003, 11:57 PM
i know that ash gets a hankerchief from misty, but i heard somewhere that she writes a message in it. and that ash is yet to read the message. is this true?

Animelee
6th June 2003, 09:41 PM
The hankerchief is the message. I heard that in olden days, when a maiden would give a travelling man a hankerchief, it meant she liked him.

I KNOW I am wrong, so someone please enlighten us both. :o

Murgatroyd
6th June 2003, 10:59 PM
No, there was nothing written on it.

oni flygon
7th June 2003, 08:19 PM
well... he did use the handkerchief to stuff it into Pikachu's mouth...O.o

Hanada Tattsu
7th June 2003, 09:33 PM
LOL, there was nothing in the hankerchief, but I guess just Misty giving it to him showed a sign of affection, ne?

pokefreak04
8th June 2003, 08:33 PM
She gave it to him as a sign of everlasting friendship, and to remember her by. He stuffed it in Pikachu's mouth to keep him from inhaling too much of Weezing's smog.

Hanada Tattsu
8th June 2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by pokefreak04
She gave it to him as a sign of everlasting friendship, and to remember her by. He stuffed it in Pikachu's mouth to keep him from inhaling too much of Weezing's smog.

Yeah, that was what he did with Misty's gift to him. He ruined it by putting it in the rat's mouth. I wouldn't use that after Pikachu did, LOL.

AKA Pokemon Fan
10th June 2003, 10:45 PM
From what I recall of the original episode summary months ago Misty wondered to herself as she walked away if Ash understood her message. Since she didn't come out and say it it might indicate romantic conotations.

On the other hand I read on the net once that among young Japanese the giving of a hankerchef has come to mean various things in different areas at different times ,kind of like the new words teen culture here has come up with and varied. Among the meanings there include "I don't love you," or more ominously "I can't love you.":no: :confused:

Hanada Tattsu
12th June 2003, 09:02 AM
I think Misty gave Ash the hankercheif because she loved him. I mean, the only reason she left was because her ditz sisters were leaving the gym without even a day's notice, so she had to leave.

Pokefreak
12th June 2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
I think Misty gave Ash the hankercheif because she loved him. I mean, the only reason she left was because her ditz sisters were leaving the gym without even a day's notice, so she had to leave.

Yeah, almost everyone has known since the Indigo League that Misty loves Ash. She would probably have liked to stay with him for the rest of his journey but was called away to Cerulean City cause her stupid sisters left on a world tour.

Hanada Tattsu
12th June 2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Pokefreak
Yeah, almost everyone has known since the Indigo League that Misty loves Ash. She would probably have liked to stay with him for the rest of his journey but was called away to Cerulean City cause her stupid sisters left on a world tour.

That's exactly what I said, LOL. :D

Venasaur89
13th June 2003, 09:48 AM
The handkerschief could a message of friendship or probably love!

Light_Togetic
13th June 2003, 11:06 AM
Who knows?

I remember seeing the episode with the Igglybuff twins, and as Jigglypuff's searching for its microphone in Misty's backpack, a hankerchief fell out of it. All I could think of right then was Misty leaving! So now everytime I watch the episode again, I think of Misty leaving.

And just my opinion, I think that it could be a sign of love; but I doubt Ash will get it.:P

Hanada Tattsu
14th June 2003, 10:25 AM
Well, did someone compare the two hankerchiefs? Misty could have been planning to give that to Ash for a while...

Yami Ron
15th June 2003, 07:16 AM
Misty used the handkerchief first in Episode 3, "Ash Catches A Pokémon" when she tried to get Koffing's sludge out of Pikachu's eyes while Ash and Caterpie were battling Team Rocket.

Hanada Tattsu
15th June 2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Yami Ron
Misty used the handkerchief first in Episode 3, "Ash Catches A Pokémon" when she tried to get Koffing's sludge out of Pikachu's eyes while Ash and Caterpie were battling Team Rocket.

Was it the same one though? 'Cause for all we know Misty could have three different hankerchiefs.

Melody
16th June 2003, 04:50 PM
*long time ago...now here againXD* I`ve a question...does anyone know where I can download the episode in which misty leaves ash and brock? Please, pm me!:( :( :(

@thread

I`m sure this gift was to be a love-message...even in AG she often thinks of ash(remeber the 2nd misty-hoso-special)

Hanada Tattsu
16th June 2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Melody
*long time ago...now here againXD* I`ve a question...does anyone know where I can download the episode in which misty leaves ash and brock? Please, pm me!:( :( :(

@thread

I`m sure this gift was to be a love-message...even in AG she often thinks of ash(remeber the 2nd misty-hoso-special)

I don't think there's any sources left to download that certain episode.

Melody
17th June 2003, 05:15 AM
I don't think there's any sources left to download that certain episode.

that`s a pity...but thx;) I haven`t found it either...

Hanada Tattsu
17th June 2003, 06:45 PM
that`s a pity...but thx;) I haven`t found it either...

Wait a sec, the film comic for that episode is out, if you go to your local Japantown or Little Tokyo, they might have a manga store there that sells it.

AKA Pokemon Fan
18th June 2003, 10:51 AM
Wait a sec, the film comic for that episode is out, if you go to your local Japantown or Little Tokyo, they might have a manga store there that sells it.
You can also order it online here (sasugabooks.com)

I forget which volume it is. If someone else doesn't know then when I get the chance I'll check mine for the answer.

The Muffin Man
18th June 2003, 05:49 PM
I think it was the same one she used to wipe the sludge out of Pikachu's eyes. It was most likely meant as a message like "Don't remember when I yelled and screamed, remember me for how we were friends and I helped you." sort of like a "No hard feelings/lets be friends" type deal.

Kojiro
18th June 2003, 06:52 PM
Oh great they wasted a sing of love on that freaking mouse!LOL!And in french people wave handkerchiefs to say goodbye and good luck.

Light_Togetic
18th June 2003, 09:05 PM
Tada! I found a picture of it! ^-^ I found it on Shogagkukan's online website. They show the different volumes of the anime mangas.

http://www.angelfire.com/pokemon2/swordkirby/mistyhanky.jpg

I don't think it's the same as any of the others she has... Man, she has a lot of hankies, and I've never seen her even blow her nose or sneeze in one!

Hanada Tattsu
18th June 2003, 11:31 PM
The numbers in which the hankerchief is shown is #33, I believe. Also, thanks for the piccie.

I think the one she wiped Pikachu's eyes with was white, besides in three years she had to change hankies at least twice.

Kojiro
19th June 2003, 08:15 AM
3 years! Ash doesn't look older one bit!:no:

Light_Togetic
19th June 2003, 09:34 AM
I think the one she wiped Pikachu's eyes with was white, besides in three years she had to change hankies at least twice.

Heh, yeah, that would get pretty gross if she didn't...:D

AKA Pokemon Fan
19th June 2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Kojiro
3 years! Ash doesn't look older one bit!:no:
Actually he does a bit. This is especially apparent once AG starts. He looks about thirteen.

Hanada Tattsu
19th June 2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by AKA Pokemon Fan
Actually he does a bit. This is especially apparent once AG starts. He looks about thirteen.

Ya, that one episode that Ash is on the boat to Hoenn proves it. He's out on deck for a tan, and he looks quite a bit more muscular and looks like he's worked out his calves. I guess all that time of walking in forests and up hills did good for him, lol.

Light_Togetic
19th June 2003, 02:09 PM
Yeah, too bad Misty isn't there to see him...:rolleyes:

She just got to see the little kid Ash...

Hanada Tattsu
19th June 2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Light_Togetic
Yeah, too bad Misty isn't there to see him...:rolleyes:

She just got to see the little kid Ash...

Yeah, 'tis a pity.

What's worse is that May gets to see the older Ash. Which makes me, an avid Pokeshipper, angry. Hopefully Misty will get Ash, hopefully.

Also, should I move this to Shipping?

Melody
22nd June 2003, 10:42 AM
@hanada Tattsu+AKA Pokemon Fan

thanks a lot!:) I guess I`ll order this one because here in munich there aren`t many j-shops which sale those poke-comics...why have I to live in germany<_<"

Entropy
22nd June 2003, 10:47 AM
You have good chocolate in Germany and good cars like Mercedes Benz and BMW. That's worth something.

Hanada Tattsu
22nd June 2003, 11:57 AM
No problem! :)

BTW, is Munich a big city in Germany? Is it modern and stuff or is it smaller than places like Frankfurt or Hamburg.

Melody
23rd June 2003, 12:09 PM
@Entropy

Oh yeah! I like Mercedes Benz very much!:)

@Hanada Tattsu

Munich is a very big city:) It`s the city of german beer, of BMW, of arts and so on.....but Hamburg and the other cities have more anime-shops :(

Hanada Tattsu
23rd June 2003, 12:41 PM
Thanks!

And the bad thing is that Munich and Hamburg/Frankfurt/Berlin are all far away from one another, so it will be a hassle to make the trip, no?

Melody
27th June 2003, 05:54 AM
this trip takes 6hs by train:) but I have cousins who r living in hamburg so they might buy me something^^ sorry...I didn`t want to answer THAT late...;_;

Hanada Tattsu
27th June 2003, 11:26 AM
this trip takes 6hs by train:) but I have cousins who r living in hamburg so they might buy me something^^ sorry...I didn`t want to answer THAT late...;_;

LOL, well, at least someone might be nice enough to buy you a film comic or something, hopefully.