PDA

View Full Version : <Poll> Games Galore

Jay
6th June 2003, 04:17 AM
1/. What was the last video game you've bought? What did you think of it? Was it worth the money?

2/. What was the last board game you bought/played? Do you still enjoy board games?

3/. What was the last game at PCG you've played? What do you think of that game?

4/. In general, what do you think of games? Did you used to enjoy them as much like you did as a kid?

---

1/. The last video game I bought was Zelda: The Wind Waker/Ocarina Of Time on the Gamecube (they came together). I haven't had a chance to play Wind Waker yet so I can't decide - I played the old school game on the GC and it's alright. The controls are a bit difficult to transfer from the N64 controller to the GC controller, especially with the C buttons. I'll hopefully get used to them sometime soon to play it more effectively. I think it was worth the money since it was two for the price of one, and I always like to complete games I've enjoyed again (coughstupidwatertemplecough)

2/. I think it may have been Monopoly (L.E. Solid Gold version, $800+ :O ) I bought it with my own money and we still play it, but we're very careful with it. I don't play board games as much as I used to - Only when my niece wants to - I enjoy playing board games with her

3/. Last game i've played was Alphabet Speak I think. I like that game - I made the most amount of replies in the last version, but that doesn't really mean anything. Hence I was able to post the new version since the game creator hasn't been around lately. It's a fun game that I enjoy playing to burn time - I like all the games here though except the trivia ones, which I suck at

4/. As we grow older we lose interest in these sorts of things - Video games are still alright, but board games, nah, I don't think so.

classy_cat18
6th June 2003, 12:19 PM
1. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker for Gamecube and Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World for GBA. I bought The Wind Waker b/c they had that deal when you can get that free when you buy the Gamecube. Even if I'd payed the 49.99, it would still be worth the money. The graphics are crisp and the bosses are so cool looking (like that flower in the Forbidden Woods). And I love the Boomerang! And the other one? I also can't get enough of Yoshi!

2. Monopoly. I'm not very good at the game, but I love to collect money!

3. Alphabet Speak, I think. Or was it Zak's Trivia Game? I'm always trying to get these trivia questions right.

4. Board games are almost completely out of my mind, but I will never grow out of video games (although my family thinks I'm too old for them).

UmbreonCurse
6th June 2003, 02:31 PM
1/. Pokemon Sapphire, I arore it and it was way more than worth the money!

2/. Ummm.....I dunnoo...I think it was Pictionary when we were studiing for an exam for history class if that counts. If not..then I played Clue not too long ago.....like three years ago.. I still like borad games, I just need to get around to playing them

3/. Soggy's cartoon trivia game. It's pretty fun, I love trivia games ^_^

4/. I love games, if they're good. I like 'em about the same as I used to...pretty much.

Silver_Umbreon
6th June 2003, 08:03 PM
1/. What was the last video game you've bought? What did you think of it? Was it worth the money?

The last video game I bought was NBA Street Vol. 2 for my Gamecube. I think it is an awesome game, and I really like it. I think it was definately worth the money.

2/. What was the last board game you bought/played? Do you still enjoy board games?

The last board game I bought was..... Oh gosh, I can't even remember. I'd have to say Pictionary. I still enjoy playing board games, especially Pictionary, but I don't play it that often because no one really wants to.

3/. What was the last game at PCG you've played? What do you think of that game?

The last game I played at PCG was Buena's Radio Show. I started it, and I think it is a pretty good game. (PS: This is Pokemaster Jay)

4/. In general, what do you think of games? Did you used to enjoy them as much like you did as a kid?

I really like games, especially video games. I'm still kinda a kid. I'm 14 and I enjoy video games.

The_Missing_Link
6th June 2003, 08:57 PM
1) What was the last video game you've bought? What did you think of it? Was it worth the money?

Majora's Mask for N64. I knew there were more puzzles and less action than OoT but I didn't know how damn hard it would be. I hate the whole time restriction thing and I've quit on it already while my sister has let it sit dormant for now. I mean, it's a cool game in that you can be different species and I like how Link does those flips when he jumps from platform to platform but everything else pisses me off

2) What was the last board game you bought/played? Do you still enjoy board games?

I think it was Monopoly: The Millenium Edition. I still love to play board games, like Life and Pictionary. It's always been my dad and I vs. my mom and sister and my mom and sister kill us everytime --;

3) What was the last game at PCG you've played? What do you think of that game?

I think it was Venusaur's Trivia Game. I just love racing to find the right answer to the trivia questions. This is probably why I'm posting in games more often. It's a good rush

4) In general, what do you think of games? Did you used to enjoy them as much like you did as a kid?

Sure, I still love them equally. Online, computer, video...I love all kinds of games. No one's ever too old for any kind of game, especially board games

Katie
6th June 2003, 10:52 PM
1. What was the last video game you've bought? What did you think of it? Was it worth the money?

hmmm the last game I bought with my own money (not a present) was DDRmax for PS2. it's awesome, although somehow I deleted the memory on it so I have to start over XP well worth the money! I even got a free shirt for putting one on hold before they came in :D mechassault or something o0 (I know I spelled that wrong but I don't care.) it's a REALLY big shirt o.o 'specially on me.

2. What was the last board game you bought/played? Do you still enjoy board games?

hmmm last one I played was battleship. I love that game. last one I bought was.... hmmm it must've been that 'pokemon master quest' one o0 lol it's been a while since I bought one. yeah, I like board games, but I grew up without siblings to play with :( so I don't like them as much as if I had a bro/sis. I have a step-bro now, he likes to play chess with me :) we both suck, but somehow I always win ^_^ ...wait. I played chess last week. scratch that thing about battleship. (it still owns!)

3. What was the last game at PCG you've played? What do you think of that game?

uhhhhh it's been a while, it mightve been the personality game. it was fun when it was new, like at the ezboard but now it's just boring

4. In general, what do you think of games? Did you used to enjoy them as much like you did as a kid?

they rock! I've loved video games since I got my first fat gameboy with my black-and-white (err... more like green o0) tiny toons game! board games I didn't have much exposure to, but I loved playing that game "guess who" with the kids in 1st grade :D if anything, I love games more than ever. ^^

~Katie

mistysakura
6th June 2003, 11:28 PM
Games Galore
Must have been Pokemon Silver... (haven't bought any game in years, don't have a GBA) It was all right, with some nice features. Worth the money.

I absolutely love chess. as for dice-throwing luck-type things, I don't like them a lot. Strategy is so much better.

I seriously can't remember.

Games are great entertainment, but I like other things better, like writing and music. It's still fun to get away from all that work and relax though.

ILikePokemonP
7th June 2003, 07:40 AM
1. Wind Waker + Bonus Disc, although I've probably played the bonus disc 10 minutes total. Don't know why it can only run in 60hz but that's Nintendo for you. Definitely worth the money, still haven't finished WW. Next game thingy I'll buy will be an indigo GCN GB player on June 20.

2. So long ago that I can't remember. Either monopoly or scrabble. Should play them more often probably.

3. I forget, I'm just going through my posts.

4. Probably enjoy them more than a while ago.

She_wolf_warrior
7th June 2003, 07:51 AM
1.Legend of Zelda:A Link to the past(beaten yesterday). I don't really know how much it costed(got it for b-day). But it was worth it.

2.My last board game was Scrabble(LOST)

3.I never played a game in PCG

4.I enjoy games as much as I did when I was younger

cd
7th June 2003, 08:29 AM
the last video game i bought was the age of empires conquerers expansion and it was definately worth the money many many hours spent playing it over the time i've had it. though i don't get to play video games very much now unless i take a day off school or on holidays.

not sure what the last board game i played was uh maybe chess yeah i think it was board games in general though are of no interest to me.

last game i played in pcg was the personality game i can't say it's too bad i was the one who approved it.

unless you're talking about sporting games or some video games then no i don't enjoy them as much as when i was a kid.

KaptainSarcasm
7th June 2003, 11:38 AM
1. The last video game I bought was probably Metal Gear Solid. I got it for super-cheap (only about five dollars) with lots of discounts at Game Stop. So yes, it was worth it. ^^

2. Scabble, of course. I play Scrabble at least twice a day.

3. The cartoon trivia game, probably.

4. Games are a rush. I like them. I always felt that when you play a game, your darker, smarter side comes out, almost like Yuugi and Yami Yuugi. ^^

MarshmallowEgg
7th June 2003, 11:57 AM

I don't think I have ever "bought" a video game with my own money before... however, the last game I recieved was Pokemon Sapphire (my brother bought it for me). I love it, though I don't get to play it much because my brother is the one who owns te GBA and he doesn't like it when I play it extensively and waste his batteries.

Life: A Jedi's Path. That game is fun :) I still like board games, though I prefer video games.

Um... I think it was the Personality Game. I think that's a pretty cool game. You get to learn random things about different members.

I love games! Who doesn't? I think I actually enjoy them more than when I was a kid. They've gotten better since then (obviously) so that's probably why.

Crystal Mew
7th June 2003, 12:24 PM
1. The last game I bought was Pokemon Sapphire.
Oh yeah, I love that game :D Although I havent played it for awile... >_>; but it was worth the money, it only cost $30 for the game AND guide
:D

2. *trys to think* o_0; uh....we hardly buy board games..cause we already have most of them ^_^; so maybe it was last year when I got LIFE. I like playing board games on a rainy day :P and when I play board games, I play with my brother and sister, which normally, when I start winning, they start fighting and stop playing :| so I dont like playing with immature kids >;/ so I hardly ever play them

3. The personality game :D *posted in that topic before this one*

4. I still enjoy video games, and board games, and now that its summer, I have loads of time to play both video games, and board games ^_^

Silver Ledian
7th June 2003, 12:41 PM

I think that the last game I bought was 'Golden Sun' for my GBA...back in October last year. People told me it was good but I never really got into it and still haven't...I think pokémon is a better RPG game than it. It has never amused me in the slightest, sadly.

The last board game I played was probably 'Game of Life' with my cousin ages ago, I haven't played a board game in aaaages. The last board game I bought, however, was either 'Cluedo' or 'Pokémon Monopoly', which was also quite some time ago. They're both great though :D

The last game I played was the 'Describe the person above you' one, where you're allowed to give some details about the person who posted before you. It was quite cool, not too spammy imo. I h8 spammy games with a passion. ;o

I still love games, I think even adults love them. I tend not to play big console games such as PS2 and GC etc. but I'm still good with my GBA, it will be my best friend again when I get R/S in July....I've been waiting patiently for the release of it over here! But yeah, games are good for relaxation...addiction perhaps isn't as good though, hehe....

Nice polls BTW Jay ;)