PDA

View Full Version : Alakazam?

The Pet Keeper
7th June 2003, 12:25 PM
I was in a little pokémon tcg tournament today. Their homepage said that "alakazam" was one of the cards that wasn't alowed. My deck included a baseset alakazam, a Sabrina's alakazam and a alakazam from e-expedition (from just hearing this, you probaly think that my deck are pretty bad... and it is, i just joined the tournament for fun :))
When I got there, they said that no alakazam cards at all was allowed... as that was the rules i just picked out the alakazams from my deck (and got a deck full of abra and kadabra that couln't evolve :/ )
i understand if baseset alakazam isn't allowed with it's damage swap poképower, but the others? Oh well... things went quite well after all, but my question is if any of the alakazam cards is officially banned or if this only was a local thing?
The reson why I want know this is becuse I want to play with a fair deck :)

Zombie
7th June 2003, 05:43 PM
Sounds retarded to me, Ive never heard of Alakazam being restricted.

Roarkiller
7th June 2003, 11:39 PM
Prolly a house rule (rules made up by the house). I once played a DCI-sanctioned tourney where almost everyone agreed that sneasel should be banned. Wanna guess who was the only one against it? T_T

Anyway, house rules r common except for official tourneys, and they're meant to add challenge. Im planning to do some for the store i go to as soon as i got time and the storekeeper allows me to.