PDA

View Full Version : What AG Pokemon will be the first to leave?

Bacl
7th June 2003, 07:53 PM
What with all the talk about Ash's future AG Pokemon and what-not, I would like to know which AG Pokemon will be the first to leave.

Pokemon leaving has become (sadly) a tradition with this show. So who do you think will be the first to go?

Personally I think Jessie's Dustox will not stick around. In all the publicity shots for AG I see, Team Rocket is always with Cactnea, Seviper, Meowth and Wobbuffet. I never see Dustox in the publicity shots, and many people have commented that Jessie has a lot of Pokemon in AG. We've seen that the Butterfree lifestyle involves a quick evolution and a quick exit. I expect the same will be so for Dustox. I think Dustox joined TR to show the Wurmple evolutions, and that it will no tbe long for this show.

However, I also doubt Brock's Fortess will be around long, because it is the only unobtainable on anyones team. I think that it will soon go off on its own after Brock gets his Lotad and Mudkip.

Hanada Tattsu
7th June 2003, 09:34 PM
Well, I think Jessie's Dustox will leave as well. May will get her Beautifly as she loves it so, but Jessie will leave Dustox as she doesn't really want it (she got Wurmple so she could get Beautifly) so we'll see it go soon.

I think Brock's Forretress will leave very soon as well.

Animelee
7th June 2003, 09:43 PM
Actually, much to everyone's surprise, Jesse loves Dustox. At first, she was surprised, and she was like "....", but after she got over the shock of it not becoming a Beautifly, she was so happy. She was like "... KAWAII! It's so cute! It's cute little face, wings, feelers, and colours! OH! THIS IS BETTER THAN A BEAUTIFLY!!! KAWAIIIII!". Everyone was REALLY surprised when that happened. O_O When they blasted off, she was holding onto Dustix blushing and smiling, not caring about being blasted off. Wow, I guess the preview really fooled us, eh?

Pics tomorrow.

Hanada Tattsu
7th June 2003, 10:38 PM
What? Heh, I might be wrong then. She might keep Dustox. To tell the truth, I think Wobby might be leaving. Pikachu and Meowth will stay, but much to our sadness, Wobby might leave.

Shakespeare
8th June 2003, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by Otaku Shigeru
Actually, much to everyone's surprise, Jesse loves Dustox. At first, she was surprised, and she was like "....", but after she got over the shock of it not becoming a Beautifly, she was so happy. She was like "... KAWAII! It's so cute! It's cute little face, wings, feelers, and colours! OH! THIS IS BETTER THAN A BEAUTIFLY!!! KAWAIIIII!". Everyone was REALLY surprised when that happened. O_O When they blasted off, she was holding onto Dustix blushing and smiling, not caring about being blasted off. Wow, I guess the preview really fooled us, eh?

Pics tomorrow.

I knew Jessie would love Dustox I just knew it! I doubt it will leave soon as I think the writers might have big stroylines for it and Jessie.

I don't know why, but Seviper doesn't strike me as the Pokemon that will stick around for the whole series, but I don't think it will be the first to leave. Maybe Brock's Lotad? I can't see him keeping it for too much longer.

Hanada Tattsu
8th June 2003, 09:50 AM
I can't see Taillow staying. It is the only Pokemon of the group (besides Forretress) who doesn't really have a personality. It may stay for all Hoenn, but it just won't be used.

Bacl
8th June 2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
I can't see Taillow staying. It is the only Pokemon of the group (besides Forretress) who doesn't really have a personality. It may stay for all Hoenn, but it just won't be used.

Did Fortress loose all its personality when it evolved? Because I remember Pineco has a running gag of always blowing up on Brock, kind of like Victreebell always attacking James (only Pineco seemed to do it when it was happy). I guess that's not much of a personality but it's something. I haven't seen Fortress yet. Is it just a big heavy rock? That's too bad cause I always liked Pineco.

Yep. Fortress will not last long in Hoen.

BlueKecleon
8th June 2003, 11:55 AM
I think that Taillow will stay, and most likely evolve at some point.
They had always had a flying pokemon to help if anyone got separated from the group. This seems to be Taillow's purpose in the group as of now, IMO anyway.

I think Corphish will be the first to go...

Gravy
8th June 2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Otaku Shigeru

Pics tomorrow.

HAH! I knew it! Didn't I say that? Well, didn't I? Huh! Mwahahahaha! I told you!
*ahem*....sorry....being big headed
I doubt Wobby will leave. Its too popular at the moment, and has become a little TR trademark IMO.

JazzJazz
8th June 2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
What? Heh, I might be wrong then. She might keep Dustox. To tell the truth, I think Wobby might be leaving. Pikachu and Meowth will stay, but much to our sadness, Wobby might leave.

There's not really much more they can do with wobbuffet, they've used the same gags many times and I think it's just his/her time...

Bacl
8th June 2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by JazzJazz
There's not really much more they can do with wobbuffet, they've used the same gags many times and I think it's just his/her time...

I'd actually say the exact opposite. I'm detecting that they really enjoy Wobbuffet, and that he'll be around as long as Team Rocket is. Just look at how much they use him. I can't remember an episode lately where he hasn't shown up repeatedly and be given the spotlight. Arbok, Wheezing, and Victreebell could go months without popping up (and then only for about a second). Wobbuffet is even starting to regularly contribute to the motto, always popping out of its ball and saying its name. And have you noticed that everytime Team Rocket gets blasted off, even when Wobbuffet wasn't out of its ball, you stil hear it's "Waaaah" after they get blasted off again.

Nah, I don't think he's going anywhere.

Hanada Tattsu
8th June 2003, 09:05 PM
Well, I think that Taillow/Swellow will be replaced with May's Beautifly being the main flyer of the group. It seems more lighter than Taillow, and I think May will use it a lot.

BlueKecleon
8th June 2003, 09:13 PM
I was thinking that too, although I also noticed that in several episodes they had always sent out 2 flyers (Ex. Crobat and Noctowl)...Who knows.

I still think that Corphish will be first to go, I agree that it is an awesome pokemon, but it just doesn't fit Ash and his group.
Even if Corphish stays, I highly doubt that it will ever evolve.

Hanada Tattsu
9th June 2003, 09:18 AM
If Brock will get Crobat back, which I hope he will, then that can be the main flyer of the group. He never used his Crobat.

Light_Togetic
9th June 2003, 11:02 AM
I think that after Taillow evolves, they will probably let it go. In fact, I wouldn't mind Ash not having a flyer. It would give someone else the opportunity to try to use their flyer to find a lost something.

As for Corphish, it's been getting too much screen time to be kicked off the team.

If they do get rid of Forretress, then Brock needs another pokemon, because, well, he just needs another one. So does May.

And I hope that Wobbuffet doesn't leave... I like him, he's funny! I never get tired of him.

DarkMarowak
9th June 2003, 02:45 PM
Wow, you guys don't really have much faith in the writers do you? <=P

But to be honest, I'd have to say Forretress will be gone soon.I don't think Brock's used it once during this season, and his old personality seems to be gone.

I don't think Wobbuffet will ever leave. He's earned his place on the show as a staple Pokemon, like Pikachu and Meowth.

Hanada Tattsu
9th June 2003, 07:47 PM
Forretress was used early on in AG when Brock had no other Pokemon, but after he got Lotad and Mudkip he ceased to use it. Forretress will leave very soon, I assure you.

Light_Togetic
10th June 2003, 09:51 AM
You know, the writers might not "abandon" any of the new pokemon until Ash has no room for more pokemon. Ash only has four pokemon right now, so unless he catches two more pokemon, I don't really see the need for any of his to go away. Brock's only got three, and May only has two. There's still plenty of room for pokemon on their teams, so I don't think anyone will leave until they need them to.

And a lack in usage of a pokemon doesn't necessarily mean that it is soon leaving. A lot of Brock's previous pokemon, like Geodude, went through times of not being used, and it didn't get kicked off the show.

Hanada Tattsu
10th June 2003, 07:17 PM
Well, yeah, but Forretress is a steel-type, and it seems that Brock has edged off from the tough Pokemon training, and gone to training cuter ones, like Lotad and Mudkip.

Rei_Zero
10th June 2003, 08:39 PM
Meanwhile, he was once a rock type trainer with a zubat and a vulpix.....

Misty
10th June 2003, 08:58 PM
All the pokemon will leave and they'll take up jobs as wandering musicians. :O

Hanada Tattsu
12th June 2003, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Misty
All the pokemon will leave and they'll take up jobs as wandering musicians. :O

LOL, except Totodile will be a wandering dancer and Corphish will be a wandering comedian.