I send out Poke
SR sends, attacks, and chooses field
I attack

Ref: T_M_L

Go! Frogert!

Poliwhirl Male
Nickname: Frogert
Signature Move: Water Bomb
Frogert forms a ball of water in his hands, and he throws it at the opponent. Damage depends on where it lands. If it does not directly hit the opponent, then it will explode, the range decided by the ref. The place where it lands and the area around it might become slippery.
Type: Water | Accuracy: 75%, then 25% chance of a direct hit | Damage: 15% for a direct hit, 5% if not but water splashes the opponent | May make the floor slippery

SneaselReborned
7th June 2003, 10:23 PM
Meh, I may fancy a quick battle. Jewel might want another battle under her belt. Anyways...

If you would like, then I can battle you. However, before I accept, I must see the arena. If I like, I will battle. If I don't, then no go. So please post the arena.

Everoy
7th June 2003, 10:24 PM
In my first post it says you choose the arena.

SneaselReborned
7th June 2003, 10:30 PM
Ban Rest and Substitute.

Arena - Endless Blue

A huge arena of endless water going forever and forever. The water is not salty, and has no inhabitants. The water is quite deep, and you can dive down. Of course, no pokemon other than fliers or water types can be here.

To face your Poliwhirl, I shall show you how a true dual type works. Jewel (Starmie G), come forth!

We shall torment this poor Poliwhirl until it wishes it were dead! Take flight with a Psychic, and continue to hover quite a bit out of the water. Make sure you stay out of Poliwhirl's reach. After that, if you can see Poliwhirl, blast him with a Thunder Wave. If you cannot, then just continue to blast with Thunderbolt. If you have any time remaining, just use a Psychic.

Sorry, those were wimpy attack commands, but meh.

Everoy
7th June 2003, 10:35 PM
I'm sorry that I didn't put it clear, but I said no dual types...

Gengar's Dance
7th June 2003, 10:39 PM
Parsec's Politoed, Poliwhirl is part fighting

SneaselReborned
7th June 2003, 10:40 PM
Yes, I do believe Poliwhirl is a dual type. If not, then bah.

[EDIT] Bah! Poliwhirl is a pure water type. Just as Starmie is abused due to massive movepools, Poliwhirl can be abused because it has almost the same movepool as Poliwrath - a dual type. Meh, nice abuse, but Starmie will pwn any Water type anyway.

Everoy
7th June 2003, 10:43 PM
No, when it evolves to Poliwrath it becomes Water+Fighting.

Check www.pokefor.tk

The_Missing_Link
8th June 2003, 12:10 AM
Yeah, Poliwhirl is pure water. I thought that was common knowledge :\

If anyone else wants to step up to fight, I'll be the ref

Everoy
8th June 2003, 11:51 AM
Okay, and I guess I will allow Jewel/Starmie, I just have to watch out for those Psychic attacks.

Frogert! Start with a Hypnosis to lull Jewel to sleep. Then double thief to hurt the Psychic side of Starmie.

Hypnosis ~ Thief x2

Poliwhirl learns thief by TM.

SneaselReborned
8th June 2003, 12:00 PM
Major flaw in your attacks. Starmie has no eyes, and Hypnosis requires the user to see the psycho waves. Therefore, Starmie cannot be affected by Hypnosis.

Thanks for allowing me to battle, BTW.

Everoy
8th June 2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by SneaselReborned
Major flaw in your attacks. Starmie has no eyes, and Hypnosis requires the user to see the psycho waves. Therefore, Starmie cannot be affected by Hypnosis.

Forgot that, can I cange that command please?

The_Missing_Link
8th June 2003, 12:33 PM
Not unless Meta allows it

SneaselReborned
8th June 2003, 12:52 PM
Hmmm...sorry, but my usual policy is that once a command is made it cannot be changed.

Sorry, but I have to stick with my policy. Try to remember next time.

Sorry...

The_Missing_Link
10th June 2003, 03:53 PM
Round 1

Frogert:100%
Hypnosis~Thief x2

Jewel:100%
Psychic~Thunder Wave/Thunderbolt~Psychic

Out on the great blue, where no one can be seen or heard for miles are 2 trainers, both suspended in air by hot air balloons right across from each other. In an arena where only water and flying Pokemon can fight, both trainers take out their Pokeball and fling them into the saltless sea. Out of one ball appears a Poliwhirl, fit for battle. The other one reveals to be a Starmie, her center core glimmering in the sunlight. As the trainers yell out their commands, the ref flies in on her trusty Dragonite, ready to ref. Throwing down the flag, she signals for the 1 on 1 to begin.

The first to attack, Frogert stares quietly at Jewel, sending hypnotic waves at her while his eyes glow an eerie crimson. However, she cannot see and therefore is unable to stare into Frogert's eyes. Only realizing this a while later, he sighs and gives up, rubbing his head because of the extended strain. Jewel herself goes on the defensive and uses her psychic powers to start hovering in the air. Floating upwards, she's able to suspend herself 5 feet in the air, hard for Frogert to attack physically.

Still though, Frogert has to try and positions himself under Jewel and springs up into the air to take her down. However, he's unable to grasp her and falls back into the water, not hurt by the splash but his pride takes a lashing. Seeing that this is the perfect time to strike, Jewel starts to rotate clockwise and crackles with electricity. Churning out a line of electric energy, it slams into Frogert, causing his body to tense on the spot. He grimaces as he knows that at anytime he could be paralyzed and unable to attack.

Although able to suspend herself in mid-air because of her half-psychic prowess, Jewel begins to tire and slowly floats downwards back into the sea. Making his mouth, Frogert jumps up and out of the water to tackle Jewel in the air and send her crashing down into the ocean. Punching and jabbing at her, Frogert thinks he has her in his grips but is dead wrong as Jewel briefly glows a dark purple and sends the Poliwhirl flying backwards into the water, slapping against his body. Submerged for a minute, he comes up and rubs his body as Jewel faces him again, only a slight flicker of her core hinting that she's a bit tired:

Frogert:93% Paralyzed
Jewel:93% Tired from suspending herself in the air

The Muffin Man
10th June 2003, 04:02 PM
Actually, who says Starmie has no eyes? Perhaps the core is where it "sees"...

The_Missing_Link
10th June 2003, 04:13 PM
Yes, I've been questioning that myself. I will ask a mod about it

SneaselReborned
10th June 2003, 05:31 PM
Well, it is quite a known fact that Starmie uses psychic energy to detect the enemy. It uses feelers and psychic energy to "see", but it has no eyes.

Everoy
10th June 2003, 08:23 PM
Frogert, we're lucky that Jewel didn't use TB! Start with Attract. Then use a Thief, and then a nice strong Body Slam.

Attract ~~ Thief ~~ Body Slam

SneaselReborned
10th June 2003, 09:40 PM
Tsk Tsk. How can you attract a genderless pokemon?

Jewel, don't try too hard to sustain psychic flight. Just continue to hover slightly. Nothing much. Start with by using a Zap Cannon when Poliwhirl is trying to get you to love him. Ha haha! What at unattractive pig! Now, stop your psychic flight. When he smacks you with thief, slam him with a Psychic. Finish off by using Psychic to hurl him away from you and not let him body slam you!

Cmon Jewel! You can do it!

The_Missing_Link
13th June 2003, 03:57 PM
Round 2

Frogert:93% Paralyzed
Attract~Thief~Body Slam

Jewel:93% Tired from suspending herself in the air
Zap Cannon~Psychic x2

Both Pokemon float quietly in the water as the sea sits still in silence. Hoping to impress Jewel with his manly qualities, by flexing his muscles and looking macho. The Starmie ignores him though and starts to build up an electric orb in front of her. Since she's genderless, she cannot feel love for any gender and therefore is not interested at all in Frogert. As the sphere crackles while it grows, Frogert stops his antics and watches what she's going to do. Jewel quickly answers Froegert's question and nudges it slightly with her body. Sailing straight at the Poliwhirl, it strikes him in the chest and pushes him backwards. As he causes a mini wave across the sea, he convulses and cringes from the pain and paralysis.

Soon getting himself under control, Frogert pushes fowards and right into Jewel. Swiping at her a bit, claw marks come up but she doesn't care and blows him out of the water with a psychic blast. Landing sharply into the water again, Jewel "coos" and spins rapidly in happiness. Coming up, Frogert spits out water in disgust and floats wearily as Jewel easily has the upper hand in the battle so far.

Trying again for a close contact attack, Frogert comes speeding up but once again, Jewel glows a brief purple and uses her psychic powers to send Frogert flying once more. Like before, he splashes uselessly in the water and doggedly comes up, his confidence fastly draining away. Meanwhile, Jewel doesn't feel too well herself. Not because Frogert did much damage to her but because she's taxing herself with overuse of the psychic attacks. It can plainly be seen as her core flickers slightly more constant as the battle wears on. Even Frogert sees it and feels slightly better:

Frogert:70% Paralyzed, low confidence level
Jewel:84% Very tired at the moment

SneaselReborned
14th June 2003, 11:46 PM
Jewel, I realize you are tired. However, we cannot let Poliwhirl win. Start off, take some time to relax. Catch your breath, you know? When you are feeling fine, then I want you to continually blast Poliwhirl with as many Thunderbolt as time permits. If you feel overly tired, then relax a little. If you feel that you will shock yourself by using T-Bolt in the water, then you may use Psycho Flight to get yourself back into the air. Don't excert yourself too much. You can do it Jewel.

Relax ~ Thunderbolt as time permits

Substitutions: Relax if feeling too tired again, Psycho Flight if fear of being shocked by own bolt

SneaselReborned
24th June 2003, 01:08 PM
Wow, I'm really not supposed to be here, am I? I'm not on vacation yet, I'm just busy. Vacations are fun. But not when they are to Alaska. I have to go to Alaska soon. Ouch.

Why am I babbling? I don't know.

Anyway, DQ is up. Time to catch/evo something. Hmmmm...who shall I catch or evolve? I'll decide later. Good match Parasect's Politoed.

The_Missing_Link
24th June 2003, 01:28 PM
*sighs in relief* Thank god. I thought I had to ref this thing

Just to make it official though, Meta has won by DQ *skips away*