PDA

View Full Version : Next On In Japan: Advance Generation Episode #29: Sableye the Starling!

Hanada Tattsu
7th June 2003, 10:48 PM
Next On In Japan: Advance Generation Episode #29: Sableye, the Starling!

Initial First Thoughts

This sounds like a filler, but it sounds exciting! Sableye is a wierd Pokemon, and I kinda wish Ash catches one to help against the re-match with Brawly, but I doubt that will happen. The group appear to be in Granite Cave, but the Dewford rematch is coming up in two episodes!

Screen by Screen Analysis of Episode Preview

First, we see the Pokemon of the day over the red/orange background of Groudon. Then we see pitch black darkness, and two white eyes glowing in the distance. We get closer, and a grin appears above the two eyes. We see Meowth get scared of something and start running, and we see the thing that's chasing him, Sableye! Meowth falls face forward on the ground. Sableye then jumps toward Meowth. Meowth is now wearing black, and holding some kind of bazooka, which shoots a net over Pikachu and Corphish (Ash's) and covers them. We see Jessie, James, and Wobuffet, and Jessie holding the net with Pikachu and Corphish in it. Meowth then joins them, and we see Ash and Pikachu looking forward while Sableye sneaks up behind them, and licks Ash's neck, paralyzing him. We see Ash, Brock, Pikachu, and Corphish in front of a cable car inside the cave, while May and Masato are inside the car, when Sableye comes and scares May and Masato! Sableye then grins, and May sends out Torchic, who uses Ember on Sableye, who starts spinning around. Sableye then uses some kind of black attack from its eyes, and we see the blue/aqua background of Kyogre and the episode title.

Picture of the Week

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_ag/2_yokoku/img/029.jpg

This pic is of May and Masato getting scared at the first sight of Sableye.

Final Thoughts

This seems like a funny episode, even though it looks like a filler. I wonder if anyone will catch Sableye, it seems like an energetic Pokemon. Corphish has also been getting a lot of screen time lately, I wonder if anything will happen to it soon?

DannyBoy
8th June 2003, 12:00 AM
That sounds like a realy good episode and a funny one. If anyone is to catch it, it will be Brock becuase its different and he would want to study it.

JazzJazz
8th June 2003, 01:55 AM
If there's something special about this particular sableye, the chances of someone catching it are greater. I could see James with it, always being terrified when it comes out of its pokeball... we'll have to wait and see.

Hanada Tattsu
8th June 2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by JazzJazz
If there's something special about this particular sableye, the chances of someone catching it are greater. I could see James with it, always being terrified when it comes out of its pokeball... we'll have to wait and see.

LOL, I know. Imagine Sableye coming out of its Pokeball, and whenever it scares James, James lets out a girlish squeal, XD.

Iveechan
9th June 2003, 12:35 AM
...I don't really like that picture of the week...I'd rather see Sableye than those stupid kids. Oh, anyway, how does Sableye look when it smiles? Is its mouth on the bottom like Quilava's or is it on the front of its face?

JazzJazz
9th June 2003, 12:36 AM
The front of its face...

Hanada Tattsu
9th June 2003, 09:13 AM
Yeah, but sometimes, it turns upside down, kind of like The Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland, so its grin appears at the top of its head.

BTW, sorry about the picture of the week, it's just that I can't take screenshots, so I used the one on the site.

Light_Togetic
9th June 2003, 10:45 AM
I'll give you all a picture of Sabeleye. It's from the pokemon.co.jp/ site.

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/anima/images/anima_weekly.jpg

As for what I think, I think that it should be a fun episode. I always think it's funny when the characters get freaked out by ghosts. (The Tower of Terror episode comes to mind) And anything that scares May is a friend of mine.;) j/k

Legends-Kuja
9th June 2003, 11:05 AM
Thiis monkey reminds me of Haunter... and he's hilarious.. Someone give a whole detail plot of this eppy when it comes on?

*Murkrow
9th June 2003, 03:55 PM
Lol, that Sableye looks really neat^_^I've wondered for a while what that guy'll look like in the anime.:yes:

Hanada Tattsu
9th June 2003, 07:46 PM
Well, Sableye could be the next Haunter, no? He could train him for the next couple of episodes, and maybe drop him off on The Abandoned Ship? It could turn out to be an interesting twist...

have a stammer
9th June 2003, 09:28 PM
Finally we get to see sableye's mouth! I think he looks great. The episode looks REALLY good. Filler nothing, if a new pokemon is introduced in my book it is not a filler.

On another topic I have had this thought for a while , that may should catch a non-cute or just plain ugly pokemon. my idea for catching it is right out of the book of misty and although i would rather not repeat something misty did with may, i think may should accidentally catch sableye ( of course similar to how misty caught psyduck) May would be scared of it and freak out. of course it would be really strong and never used by her. however if it popped out and gave her a lick on the face every now and then... then that would just be funny. also everyone else would be scared of it especially masato, it would also be great if sableye won a contest for may and then she turns around and not only likes it but uses it. OF Course that will NEVER happen... but there is always fan-fiction.

back to topic, the anticipation for AG grows:D

Rocketboy
10th June 2003, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by Light_Togetic
I'll give you all a picture of Sabeleye. It's from the pokemon.co.jp/ site.

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/anima/images/anima_weekly.jpg

As for what I think, I think that it should be a fun episode. I always think it's funny when the characters get freaked out by ghosts. (The Tower of Terror episode comes to mind) And anything that scares May is a friend of mine.;) j/k

Is it just me, or does that look like the old animantion?

Mikachu Yukitatsu
10th June 2003, 07:26 AM
Missed me? I checked a computer in my town's library and it looks like I can do this without a printer. I have got an idea: I just take a screen capture to a disc and examine the characters at home. So here's a quick translation:

Satoshi and friends, who continue lessons on Muro Island also today, have had problems with the hooligan troublemaker Heigani's behaviour. Satoshi would like to make teamwork important to Heigani and decides to do a dare in a gold mine where they have not been training yet. He says that if Heigani meets something frightening, it becomes docile. Knowing nothing about Haruka and Masato, who are going to play a ghost and keep waiting for him inside, Heigani enters the cold mine...

On the other hand, searching for a treasure and slipped into the same cold mine, Team Rocket is attacked by someone whose eyes glow in the shadows!! Is it really a ghost!? What is the fate of Haruka, Heigani and others then...!?

Yamirami=Sableye

One question: Where did you get the translation Yamirami De Dokkiri -> Sableye, the Starling? I myself do not really get the title, what dokkiri?

Hanada Tattsu
10th June 2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Mikachu Yukitatsu
Missed me? I checked a computer in my town's library and it looks like I can do this without a printer. I have got an idea: I just take a screen capture to a disc and examine the characters at home. So here's a quick translation:

Satoshi and friends, who continue lessons on Muro Island also today, have had problems with the hooligan troublemaker Heigani's behaviour. Satoshi would like to make teamwork important to Heigani and decides to do a dare in a gold mine where they have not been training yet. He says that if Heigani meets something frightening, it becomes docile. Knowing nothing about Haruka and Masato, who are going to play a ghost and keep waiting for him inside, Heigani enters the cold mine...

On the other hand, searching for a treasure and slipped into the same cold mine, Team Rocket is attacked by someone whose eyes glow in the shadows!! Is it really a ghost!? What is the fate of Haruka, Heigani and others then...!?

Yamirami=Sableye

One question: Where did you get the translation Yamirami De Dokkiri -> Sableye, the Starling? I myself do not really get the title, what dokkiri?

Oh, I got the title from Zak's Episode Titles Thread.

That sounds good! So Corphish kinda gets punished for acting around and it gets banished to a gold mine? Dang, Ash is getting really freaky, he's abusing his Pokemon. :D

Powarun
10th June 2003, 08:14 PM
I love that picture of Sableye, hopefully Ash can catch it, but because it can learn a variety of attacks I am putting my bets on May

Hanada Tattsu
12th June 2003, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Powarun
I love that picture of Sableye, hopefully Ash can catch it, but because it can learn a variety of attacks I am putting my bets on May

Zak said something about a late breaking news event occuring in this episode, so let's hope it's a catch.